23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with this tier list?

• Completely
    • Most of it is true
    • Most of it doesn't make sense
    • They don't know what they're talking about
    • a skilled alfonse can beat any roy

Source

It seems that quite a few fan favorite characters are among the best characters in the current game; the tier list is likely going to be subject to change due to future updates. What do you guys think? I'm honestly happy to see that Lyn and Cordelia are considered really great units!

The tier list is based off of some scoring system that examines a unit's skills, weapon types, etc. to determine the unit's score. No flame wars and please keep discussion civil.

Said tier list is here: http://altema.jp/fe-heroes/risemara

The tier list is more based on individual unit value than meta and matchups (since those don't exist yet), and is meant to help people decide what to aim for when rerolling. The analysis is in Japanese, but it's mostly intuitive stuff. Things that are generally considered valuable by the makers are (probably in order?):

- The ability to retaliate at 1-2 range (Dragonstones, Takumi and Hector's skills)
- Galeforce
- AoE / aura effects (Savage Blow, Tiki's ally heal)
- Brave weapons/effect
- High killing power (of course)

What do you guys think? I personally agree with most of this, but I'm not too sure about Hector. His 1 move means he gets kited by the likes of Marth, Lucina and Chrom, who self-heal, and imo the fact that he's part of the triangle and not Typeless like Takumi brings him down to S tier instead of SS imo.

Very nicely formatted!

So, the two different Corrins and Robins get different abilities and stats?

Has anyone used M Robin? Is he really that good (A tier)? I have a 3* Robin, but he didn't seem worth leveling to me.

Yep.  And I'm merging the topics.

EDIT: Merge complete.  Did this because of the language barrier (otherwise, the other topic would've just been locked outright).

Edited by eclipse

Is Wrys really that bad?  I put him on my team, and I'm very glad I did!

Joking aside, healing utility is something I highly value, and he's got an okay skill selection.

I agree with Takumi being top tier, I've got him and he's god-mode.

Spoiler

Fire%20Emblem%20Heroes_2017-02-03-20-19-

I'd put Camilla lower, but maybe it's just a case of me being RNG screwed.

Edited by Rezzy

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yep.  And I'm merging the topics.

EDIT: Merge complete.  Did this because of the language barrier (otherwise, the other topic would've just been locked outright).

Thanks, but does the language barrier actually matter? This topic's list is just a chart, and its source is the site that I linked (i.e. in Japanese). It's just a matter of checking the positions. Just curious since I have to consider what I post in the future.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Thanks, but does the language barrier actually matter? This topic's list is just a chart, and its source is the site that I linked (i.e. in Japanese). It's just a matter of checking the positions. Just curious since I have to consider what I post in the future.

It's a case-by-case basis.  in this case, it does, because the English one is a nice summary, while the Japanese one explains why.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Is Wrys really that bad?  I put him on my team, and I'm very glad I did!

Joking aside, healing utility is something I highly value, and he's got an okay skill selection.

I agree with Takumi being top tier, I've got him and he's god-mode.

Reveal hidden contents

Fire%20Emblem%20Heroes_2017-02-03-20-19-

I'd put Camilla lower, but maybe it's just a case of me being RNG screwed.

I just fought a Point Blank Takumi in the arena and he wiped my entire party. 10/10! That's so fun that he's OP in Heroes too haha.

1 hour ago, Star said:

Has anyone used M Robin? Is he really that good (A tier)? I have a 3* Robin, but he didn't seem worth leveling to me.

I've got 5* RobinM. He's extremely powerful, kills almost anything, and gets a speed boost at <50% health, but can't counter at 1 range and doesn't have the best of defenses, though he can generally take a couple hits. For now, S tier seems appropriate enough if only for having a surefire way to kill any armored enemies (and most other things, but armored enemies tend to be the ones that my other units have a difficult time with). Oh, he also boosts the Def of any adjacent allies, so that's cool.

Since he's the only 5* I've had a chance to use so far (just got Peri 5*, but haven't been able to do much with her yet), I can't compare him to others, but he's definitely my most valuable unit right now.

I would disagree with a few of these, I'll leave the very top characters alone because I have yet to draw any of these and I have no doubts they are awesome, but Nowi is not SS despite her awesome weapon she can only deal chip damage for me and can barely tank in my experience, Cecilia is another one I would move down as she doesn't have enough power to One hit or enough speed to double Lilina is another character that suffers the same problem and sakura tends to heal far more than any other healer I have tried (such as Clarine) so I would move her up but other than that I suppose it is fairly accurate 

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I would disagree with a few of these, I'll leave the very top characters alone because I have yet to draw any of these and I have no doubts they are awesome, but Nowi is not SS despite her awesome weapon she can only deal chip damage for me and can barely tank in my experience, Cecilia is another one I would move down as she doesn't have enough power to One hit or enough speed to double Lilina is another character that suffers the same problem and sakura tends to heal far more than any other healer I have tried (such as Clarine) so I would move her up but other than that I suppose it is fairly accurate 

The summary table shows that Nowi is SS within her own category, which is true since she only has one competitor in Blue Dragonstone lol. Like how Fae is the only Green Dragonstone. Now is still S tier overall though (keep in mind these lists only judge 5*s), because of her weapon being able to counterattack 1-2 range, and she debuffs Res in a 2-tile radius, which buffs her firepower even more.

Cecilia is kinda weak, yeah. Lillina does have AoE damage though, and her firepower is quite ridiculous, even if it's only hit.

The Japanese tier list actually considers Elise to be the best Staff user in the game, but the summary table seems to disagree for some reason, even though they use the same website. Elise is much more flexible than Sakura, as she is mounted (3 move), can self-heal while healing, and has the Gravity offensive staff, which is probably the most useful Staff debuff (reduction to Speed, Move limited to 1). She also has an active skill that increases the amount she heals, so she's got her main job covered really well. But Staff users are still Staff users, so they're low priority in rerolls.

2 hours ago, Star said:

I just fought a Point Blank Takumi in the arena and he wiped my entire party. 10/10! That's so fun that he's OP in Heroes too haha.

I also met one in the arena. Blew him up with Lilina, never gave the mofo a chance to ruin my day. No remorse.

I have now idea how to use Galeforce on Lyn though. Five actions is huge, it's up to three enemies KO'd already.

Is Clarine the same single-target healer like Maria and Serra (except on a pony)? Forgot to check in the story mode when I fought her.

Edited by Vaximillian

Clarine is single target pony healer yes

Her skill is a 1 turn cooldown that increase your entire squad's speed by 4, and one that increase her heals by 10. She's really good

Really not surprised at how high the 1-2 ranges are. These are always ridiculous. Hector also have a hilarious teleport ability to make up for his 1 mov

3 hours ago, Florete said:

I've got 5* RobinM. He's extremely powerful, kills almost anything, and gets a speed boost at <50% health, but can't counter at 1 range and doesn't have the best of defenses, though he can generally take a couple hits. For now, S tier seems appropriate enough if only for having a surefire way to kill any armored enemies (and most other things, but armored enemies tend to be the ones that my other units have a difficult time with). Oh, he also boosts the Def of any adjacent allies, so that's cool.

Since he's the only 5* I've had a chance to use so far (just got Peri 5*, but haven't been able to do much with her yet), I can't compare him to others, but he's definitely my most valuable unit right now.

If I'd give my own thoughts, at least 5* Robin should be in S tier, because when you get his Blárraven spell, he can potentially apply the weapon triangle advantage against a majority of units due to gaining an advantage against colorless units (if it's a balanced team, you'd expect one Red and one Colorless unit to make up the composition, so that means that by deploying Robin, you suddently threaten half of the opposing army). His stats and skills aren't too bad either with great attack, decent speed (coupled with a skill that can boost it further), mediocrish defences that nevertheless allows him to take a hit, and a skill that let's him boost adjacent allies defences which can come in handy. If I'd say something more, I think he syenergizes well with any low-to-mid Defence healer: the healer heals any damage that Robin accrues and allows him to sustain more damage, Robin provides the healer with more Defence against physical units, increasing survivability.

Also, gaining an advantage against colorless units is pretty great when you think about how that unit group includes, among others, Takumi who can be absolutely disgusting to face in battle. Being able to prolong survivability against that kind of monster is great, and being able to more effectively damage other colorless units like healers and so on can nip potential problems in the bud!

some of them I disagree with some of them, like Lonqu and Beruka should be tier A, Roy should be S tier, Tharja should be tier B I don't understand why shes tier SS but I feel some characters should be buffed and some nerfed, depends on the stats

This just makes me want Ryoma even more. :(

Freddy should be higher, imo. He's been a literal can of whoopass for me ever since I got him and started using him. In fact, he tanked a whole party of units while at very low HP (that happened from a couple magic attacks) for me after the rest of my group got wiped out! SS or even S is probably TOO high for him, but A is perfectly reasonable to me. Otherwise, I can't really say much since I've not used many characters yet.

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Jayvee94 said:

Can we apply the smogon logic in placing tiers? Within the same rarity, which units overshadow the others in PvP?

Smogon logic is impossible to be done unless you have actual data to back it up since its strictly based on usage

And honestly Smogon tiers is extremely flawed