What are your favorite dialogue lines in the game so far?

Anacybele

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some quotes that stood out to me, no doubt there are many more by others (like Odin or Narcian).

Caeda - Character Screen (Voiced): "Tell me... Do you believe in love?" [Caeda's gonna recruit the enemy team, folks.]

Cain - Entering Map (Voiced): "HA! Gored by the horns!"
Cain - Home Screen: "HA! Sorry-HA! Training! HA! Talk later! HA!"

Matthew - Character Screen (Voiced): "No need for a shakedown, I never hide my weapons."
Matthew - Home Screen: "The way this strange world works... I wonder... Could I ever be reunited with my dear Leila again?"

A!Tiki - Character Screen (Voiced): "I wonder if Mar Mar is here as well."

Will post more later, but I just saw this when I opened the game, literally like right now.

Zero: "That weapon of yours has such a provocative shape.  Does it feel good to fire it? I bet it does."

...this is why I didn't want him.  STAY AWAY FROM ME AND MY OTHER HEROES!!!

EDIT: I just realize that quote was already posted lol.  Well, it still stands as something horrifying on its own.  Instead, I shall add something that actually is a favorite:

Marth: "It's strange.  I feel like you are a part of me - as if we have been together forever." :wub::wub::wub: Ah, Marth...

Edited by mewyeon

"Turn away! Don't look upon it! Who did this to Narcian?!" - Narcian, when he procs a level up of 2 or fewer stats (including SP)

Edited by YouSquiddinMe
slight misquote oops

1 hour ago, mewyeon said:

Will post more later, but I just saw this when I opened the game, literally like right now.

Zero: "That weapon of yours has such a provocative shape.  Does it feel good to fire it? I bet it does."

...this is why I didn't want him.  STAY AWAY FROM ME AND MY OTHER HEROES!!!

EDIT: I just realize that quote was already posted lol.  Well, it still stands as something horrifying on its own.  Instead, I shall add something that actually is a favorite:

Marth: "It's strange.  I feel like you are a part of me - as if we have been together forever." :wub::wub::wub: Ah, Marth...

Speaking of Niles, he also says "That prince you serve looks like a pretty piece of porcelain.  But I think he'd look nicer with a few chips."

Geez, Niles, not when Alfonse is in the room. . . ;/

Odin yelling "POWER OVERFLOWING!" right before a battle always made me laugh...

Also enjoyed Eliwood’s lines because they really fit with this character (subdued and polite, but not soft). Same thing with Cecelia's…

Sophia’s voice acting is very good, and Ursula's battle quotations perfectly capture her as cold, calculating, assassin… It makes me wonder if she'll be the same when she is recruited…

Oh, yeah. About that "porcelain with a few chips" line that Niles says about Alfonse. 

I was talking about the character quotes with some other people on another forum I'm active on, and someone shooped this glorious image in response to that line.

Spoiler

SD02kPd.png

1 minute ago, Benishigure said:

Oh, yeah. About that "porcelain with a few chips" line that Niles says about Alfonse. 

I was talking about the character quotes with some other people on another forum I'm active on, and someone shooped this glorious image in response to that line.

Reveal hidden contents

No Chip from Chip & Dale/Beauty and the Beast, 0/10 :P:

When Niles said that line, he was standing next to Alphonse.  Can't tell if it was coincidence or some in-game thing that triggers it.

5 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Hide contents

o1m7E5o.png

Don't deny it Ephraim.  Denial doesn't look good on you.

(He's talking about his relationship with Eirika).

I can't believe they actually put that in. :)

I bet some are surprised Treehouse even allowed such a line given it's implications.

BYBet6.png
7aV56q.png
ePPMNK.png
wTFBWX.png
X8fONe.png
ohDZMl.png
cjUtO6.png
DUCnLU.png
iADWGV.png
5S1Zs8.png

Telling of the true translation of Mystery Of The Emblem.
IVT1yJ.png
2dxSOI.png
i0sYXl.png

Edited by PuffPuff

Gordin's VA makes him sound really cool, for some reason.

Gordin: "hehehe, you checking up on everyone...or just me?" He a smooth mofo.

Ephraim: "You know, I like you-" dies.

Niles: "Ohhhh?" It sounds innocuous, but if I heard him say that while walking alone late at night in a dark alley, I'd scream and run.

I love Virion's 5-Star Level 40 quote. Specially this bit:

"Still, I need to tell you… You’re playing that wrong. It’s better strategy to sacrifice any piece for the greater good. Much as you could choose to rid yourself of me from your team to serve your purposes. There are other Heroes to bring into the fold." 

Even he realises he isn't that good as an unit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2017 at 0:13 AM, Luankachu said:

I love Virion's 5-Star Level 40 quote. Specially this bit:

Hide contents

"Still, I need to tell you… You’re playing that wrong. It’s better strategy to sacrifice any piece for the greater good. Much as you could choose to rid yourself of me from your team to serve your purposes. There are other Heroes to bring into the fold." 

Even he realises he isn't that good as an unit.

Virion is literally @eclipse.

"TIMBER!!!" - Barst. Really cracked me up when I first heard it.

"I have made some Order of Heroes merchandise. I wonder if it will sell?" - Anna, well slightly paraphrased. Well, even when being a commander Anna can't help but think of money...

"Oh, uh, Tharja? Where'd you come from? Are you following me around again?" M!Robin. IT WILL NEVER END.

"Where did I wake up this time?" Also M!Robin. Again, IT WILL NEVER END.

Gaius: "Spying, assassination, and burglary are my specialties. Decent lockpick, too." - Just the amount of casualness in his voice when he pitches himself like this. Also, adding lockpick as though it's an afterthought.

Frederick: "Today, like every other day, I woke up early to clear away pebbles." - Just...what. Frederick, please.

Niles: "Yours until I break, master." as well as "A little advice: Wear white, and you invite mudslinging." It's Niles, so it's to be expected.

A lot of Henry's lines, like the one where he wonders how many crow feathers he needs to fly. But my favorite of his:

Henry: (starting a map) "It's curse-o-clock!"

Gordin's lines are cute and adorable as well, especially:

Gordin: "I don't really look the part of an Altean knight, do I..."

Setsuna's cluelessness is pretty amusing.

Setsuna: "Hey, your weapon shoots things? Mine too... It's like we're twins."

Hinata's a little silly and excitable just like he should be.

Hinata: "This realm has such wide, open fields...Man, you gotta love that!" and "Um... Maybe I'm a little scruffy...but I give the 'pits a splash every day!" and finally "Ha! I may not look it...but I'm actually pretty good at stuff!"

Edited by Extrasolar