Heroes needs to be made easier.

Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, that's pretty unfair. How are you supposed to get a character to lv. 40 then?

On another note, I don't seem to have anyone that can combat Mask Guy. My only high res character is Palla and she's at a weapon disadvantage... Sigh, I guess I'll have to eventually do more summons until I do get a good counter to him.

Patience.

It's Normal, right? What do you have in your roster? If I recall correctly, he's not particularly high in Defense so if you got a strong Axe (Fred?), you could potentially one-shot him. Olivia could help Fred kill him off if he can't.

Refresh my memory: what's the Axe in the map? Axe Cavalry?

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

Patience.

It's Normal, right? What do you have in your roster? If I recall correctly, he's not particularly high in Defense so if you got a strong Axe (Fred?), you could potentially one-shot him. Olivia could help Fred kill him off if he can't.

Refresh my memory: what's the Axe in the map? Axe Cavalry?

Yeah, except since Mask Guy is also on a horse, he has the same movement in addition to 2 range, so he'll likely attack Frederick first and he two-shots him for sure.

And yeah, axe armor. I was trying to bait that guy with Palla without putting her in the archer's range, but he moved elsewhere. This is why I actually don't use the bait tactic much, because the AI usually doesn't take it.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, except since Mask Guy is also on a horse, he has the same movement in addition to 2 range, so he'll likely attack Frederick first and he two-shots him for sure.

And yeah, axe armor. I was trying to bait that guy with Palla without putting her in the archer's range, but he moved elsewhere. This is why I actually don't use the bait tactic much, because the AI usually doesn't take it.

The horse guy can be dealt with accordingly by not getting in his range since his attack actually gives out dmg from far away which is pretty brutal.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I bait one of the two-range units through the top or bottom walls (as in, don't go in the corridor yet). It may not kill anyone but it distracts between one-three units (if the healer decides they want to heal). And yes, with how the AI sometimes works, I try to account for if the other unit is going to attack instead.

Here's how AI works from experience: it will always prioritize attack if they can (regardless if they have WTD or can be one-shotted). If no one's in range, they'll head towards what's closest--but seem to also give more priority if something they have WTA over is close enough. Sometimes the AI will move a unit out of the way in order to deal more damage.

With units distracted, Masked Man and Axe Armor should be coming through the corridor. I believe the Axe Armor has Drag Back, so it may take a while just from him pulling Masked Man back. Once Masked Man can fully move and not get repositioned by Axe Armor is best to bait him and take him out.

I don't think Palla would be great for this map due to having WTD/neutral to the threats, probably not denting the Axe Armor, and the bow. Do you have anything else to replace her?

Palla has WTA on the Axe Knight though? She's got a Ruby Sword, iirc. Frederick with 31 Atk should be able to one-round the Armor and one-shot the Mage (unless I've got the math wrong), just need someone bulky to eat the bow for a turn or two. Map below.

58a276a49ad14_Ch9-4Normal.thumb.png.0e0c01fb8ad8bb9182023e9477875b8d.png

Edited by LordFrigid

18 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Palla has WTA on the Axe Knight though? She's got a Ruby Sword, iirc. Frederick with 31 Atk should be able to one-round the Armor and one-shot the Mage (unless I've got the math wrong), just need someone bulky to eat the bow for a turn or two. Map below.

Reveal hidden contents

58a276a49ad14_Ch9-4Normal.thumb.png.0e0c01fb8ad8bb9182023e9477875b8d.png

It's usually better to hit Armors in their Resistance, even if you have WTA in physical. Even if you have a tome that has WTD, they'll still do damage and won't get hit back in retaliation. I'd only give her a pass if she can kill the Armor in a round--but she still has the other foes to contend with (she'll be hit even harder by Masked Man, by this same logic). Though I don't have Palla so this is me thinking that she's not suited due to the other enemies and not the Armor alone.

Edited by Dual Dragons

7 hours ago, FangXV said:

I'm already gaining next to no experience from the highest stratum of the training tower even with a maxed out castle. :p

The experience gains seem lower because units need more experience to gain higher levels. Think of it like Pokemon. People grind the elite 4 to get level 100 Pokemon, of course it will take longer to gain later levels. Since level 40 is the max, it's going to take longer at higher levels.

It also helps to have the castle upgrades at 100%, in case I haven't mentioned that already.

I am generally enjoying the game's difficulty. I didn't do Narcian on hard, my guys are level 36-39 and one would always die. I did find it odd though that when they were level 30, the Normal mode Narcian said the AI was level 25, I still got smoked. So I think they could do a better job there of letting you know what sort of level you need to be.

Or if it's a case of "If you have the ideal team for this they will win at level 25, and therefore that's what level we are going to state" I think that's far too vague for a game with a bunch of characters in it already, that will only increase over time. Either way, I didn't find the detail before you entered the map very helpful.

Outside of that, I have found the grind from level 35 upwards to be sooooooo slooooooow. I have my castle fully upgraded, so have invested what I can to help my guys level quicker. The issue is the training tower is 90% of the time offering AI either at level 33 or below (resulting in no XP gain for winning) or 40 (resulting in, um, death). So it's been a pretty dull past few days slowly inching my way up the ranks taking on level 40 teams and losing 75% of the time. I get you need more XP the higher you are so these things should take longer, but with the training tower they should at least make sure they offer you one level that is in the ballpark of your team level. Not sure how they do that, given the current set up of being able to see the AI level and team make-up before you commit, but currently for me the system doesn't work for the later levels. 

Up until that though, I found quite a few of the levels challenging and am currently enjoying ranking up a second team via the hard levels. Not looking forward to them hitting level 35 though and having to go through this process again. Maybe I just leave everyone at 35 :-)

Edited by Herman Bloom

14 hours ago, Dual Dragons said:

I bait one of the two-range units through the top or bottom walls (as in, don't go in the corridor yet). It may not kill anyone but it distracts between one-three units (if the healer decides they want to heal). And yes, with how the AI sometimes works, I try to account for if the other unit is going to attack instead.

Here's how AI works from experience: it will always prioritize attack if they can (regardless if they have WTD or can be one-shotted). If no one's in range, they'll head towards what's closest--but seem to also give more priority if something they have WTA over is close enough. Sometimes the AI will move a unit out of the way in order to deal more damage.

With units distracted, Masked Man and Axe Armor should be coming through the corridor. I believe the Axe Armor has Drag Back, so it may take a while just from him pulling Masked Man back. Once Masked Man can fully move and not get repositioned by Axe Armor is best to bait him and take him out.

I don't think Palla would be great for this map due to having WTD/neutral to the threats, probably not denting the Axe Armor, and the bow. Do you have anything else to replace her?

Hm, I see.

As for who I can swap out for Palla, I WOULD say Robin since he has weapon advantage vs the colorless units with his highest ranked weapon, but sadly, my Robin's stats suck. Maybe female Corrin or Virion? I also have Subaki and Stahl trained up, but their res sucks as much as Frederick and Draug's.

Edited by Anacybele

13 hours ago, Dual Dragons said:

It's usually better to hit Armors in their Resistance, even if you have WTA in physical. Even if you have a tome that has WTD, they'll still do damage and won't get hit back in retaliation. I'd only give her a pass if she can kill the Armor in a round--but she still has the other foes to contend with (she'll be hit even harder by Masked Man, by this same logic). Though I don't have Palla so this is me thinking that she's not suited due to the other enemies and not the Armor alone.

Yeah, I misinterpreted the first statement; I somehow got the impression that the context of the discussion was still just the Axe Knight. My bad. I definitely agree that armors are best hit in the Res, especially having got through 9-2 on mostly dragon & tome power.

I'll also agree that Palla's probably not a pick for this map. Even assuming that Frederick's stats are the same as on the page 2 screenshot (I doubt this), if Olivia has Hone Atk 2 he's hitting the 31 threshold to take out the armor and "???" in one turn with a Dance (my experience is that they advance together, with the armor swapping himself to the front). That'd leave the healers and the bow; Palla can probably handle the healers, but the bow, entrenched as he is behind that wall...

Yeah, Freddy's gained a level since that screenshot. Sharena was also upgraded and leveled up again since then. Olivia won't be much help other than with dancing if I swap Palla out for her though, as she still has weapon disadvantage.

Also, you guys underestimate Palla's attack power. She has pretty good attack and with her Moonbow skill, she does MORE damage every other turn. She's taken out some axe armors for me just fine.

Edited by Anacybele

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:27 PM, Anacybele said:

Well yeah, I never said I was only going to use characters I actually like. I gave Draug a chance even though I'm very unfamiliar with Archanea characters. Palla is just not someone I feel I need, I didn't get rid of her due to not liking her or anything. I don't know much about her at all, so I can't say I like or dislike her. And Olivia isn't a favorite either, I just like how useful her dancing ability is. I have her dance a lot for Freddy since he has trouble doubling sometimes.

And there actually aren't many people in my hate/dislike zone, thankfully. Only Camilla, Tharja, Felicia, Lyn, Roy, and Clarine right now, I suppose. I guess there are a few Elibe characters currently in the game that I'd be fine with giving a chance, but not a lot.

Jeez. What a stick in the mud. I'm pretty sure you hate everybody except for Frederick.

3 minutes ago, Canas said:

Jeez. What a stick in the mud. I'm pretty sure you hate everybody except for Frederick.

Wow, was this necessary? You're coming off as an ass. Also, that post was four days ago. And I even said in that post that there are only a few characters I dislike enough not to use.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Freddy's gained a level since that screenshot. Sharena was also upgraded and leveled up again since then. Olivia won't be much help other than with dancing if I swap Palla out for her though, as she still has weapon disadvantage.

Also, you guys underestimate Palla's attack power. She has pretty good attack and with her Moonbow skill, she does MORE damage every other turn. She's taken out some axe armors for me just fine.

Dancing is all she needs to do, I think. And stand next to Frederick for the Hone Atk boost (unless Frederick gained Atk on his level up, it'll have to be Hone Atk 2). If the mage & armor advance in the fashion that I've experienced (together, with the armor swapping to the front), it'll eventually get to a position where Frederick can take them both out in one turn with a Dance (after 2 turns, I believe).

Does Robin have 13 Spd and enough Def to not get one-shot by the bow knight (his stats are in the spoiler above)? If so, give him a healer and he should be fine, I think. He doesn't need to kill him or anything (though that wouldn't hurt), just live. He can even take every other turn off if you need him to, the bow knight will come right back once Robin re-enters his range, unless he sees something more appetizing.

Re: Palla: I've had some firsthand experience with a pseudo-Ruby Sword (Triangle Adept Selena), and I'd say I have a good amount of respect for the green-thrashing that it brings. Palla's better on the damage end too, since Selena has Reposition instead of a proc. I just don't think that, with Frederick and Olivia to handle the non-bow people, she would make too much of a difference on this map in particular.

14 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Dancing is all she needs to do, I think. And stand next to Frederick for the Hone Atk boost (unless Frederick gained Atk on his level up, it'll have to be Hone Atk 2). If the mage & armor advance in the fashion that I've experienced (together, with the armor swapping to the front), it'll eventually get to a position where Frederick can take them both out in one turn with a Dance (after 2 turns, I believe).

Does Robin have 13 Spd and enough Def to not get one-shot by the bow knight (his stats are in the spoiler above)? If so, give him a healer and he should be fine, I think. He doesn't need to kill him or anything (though that wouldn't hurt), just live. He can even take every other turn off if you need him to, the bow knight will come right back once Robin re-enters his range, unless he sees something more appetizing.

Re: Palla: I've had some firsthand experience with a pseudo-Ruby Sword (Triangle Adept Selena), and I'd say I have a good amount of respect for the green-thrashing that it brings. Palla's better on the damage end too, since Selena has Reposition instead of a proc. I just don't think that, with Frederick and Olivia to handle the non-bow people, she would make too much of a difference on this map in particular.

No, Robin has 12 speed and not enough defense to not get one-shot. He's a three star at lv. 21, btw. Like I said, he is garbage and I plan to get rid of him when I get a better mage.

If I have Olivia only dance and a healer only heal, that leaves me with only two units to deal damage against this overpowered enemy on a map that gives them a huge advantage. Horrible idea.

The arena sucks too, by the way. I can't win in it anymore. I used to win just fine, now I can't win at all. I use a balanced team of red, blue, and green units all at an average of lv. 24. I should be able to get SOME fucking wins. I'm also tired of seeing Takumi and OP manaketes. I can't do ANY damage to the latter. I've had to surrender several battles because I can't fucking damage them.

@Anacybele I think I got it, take Fred Fred Burger, Olivia, Brobin, and a healer, you have lyssa if I'm not mistaken right? Anyways you leave the knight for last. And find a way to get rid of Masked dude as fast as possible even if it involves sacrificing someone. Use Robin to eat up the colorless and you can use Olivia and lyssa for maximum longevity. If Robins stats really really really really really stink (my Robin has bane res so I know the struggles), then use f Corrin she's an absolute monster (pun intended) and she's super fat for extra longevity. If her stats stink too then I'm not sure.

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

@Anacybele I think I got it, take Fred Fred Burger, Olivia, Brobin, and a healer, you have lyssa if I'm not mistaken right? Anyways you leave the knight for last. And find a way to get rid of Masked dude as fast as possible even if it involves sacrificing someone. Use Robin to eat up the colorless and you can use Olivia and lyssa for maximum longevity. If Robins stats really really really really really stink (my Robin has bane res so I know the struggles), then use f Corrin she's an absolute monster (pun intended) and she's super fat for extra longevity. If her stats stink too then I'm not sure.

"Fred Fred Burger"? lol

Anyway, Robin's stats suck too much for me. Female Corrin is pretty good though. Yes, I have Lissa. She can actually take hits better than Robin, in fact.

But like I said, I think leaving myself with only two units to deal damage with is a bad idea.

Never even heard of that show before. Then again, I don't watch CN much anymore because it doesn't have much to interest me these days. It's gone so downhill.

But anyway, back on topic. Still don't really have a solid plan for 9-5 yet... I also still don't know how to win in the arena anymore. I don't want to be told I suck or anything... And I don't want to suck.

Edited by Anacybele

@AnacybeleI'm not always the one for the cheap tactic but you might just have to get everyone to level 30 and come back. Do some hard mode in the meantime. But summoning is gonna be a major key. The focus ends soon so look at your appearance rates, choose the highest chance and do a 5x. Ya never know what you'll get, like this morning I knew it was gonna finish soon And I had a .5 increase. That's how I got my 5 star Robin. I'm sorry to say it but your best bet might actually be to get a five star. Your heroes don't stink they just have no resistance. Also make sure you let them attack you first so this way they can last longer. 

10 minutes ago, Elieson said:

For reference :D

Ah I miss that show . . . . .

Hard mode isn't giving me any exp though. And yeah, I was saying before that I needed five star units, but people kept saying no, you can play through the game without them. I don't agree.

How has anyone gotten any units to lv. 40 so fast though? It's so slow past lv. 20 and you only have so much stamina, not to mention dueling swords and limited stuff to restore those. I haven't seen any way to get crystals other than high tower floors which you need more levels for in the first place.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Hard mode isn't giving me any exp though. And yeah, I was saying before that I needed five star units, but people kept saying no, you can play through the game without them. I don't agree.

How has anyone gotten any units to lv. 40 so fast though? It's so slow past lv. 20 and you only have so much stamina, not to mention dueling swords and limited stuff to restore those.

I got my Lyn to 40 by feeding every kill to her no matter what type. It was pretty easy took like 4 days. Used a few stamina potions