Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

That's precisely why I don't like them. My main team is very offensive and relies on scoring ORKOs and getting out via dancers/positioning skills before enemies can properly retaliate. Forts make that more difficult. 

I'm not saying I think they're a poor design choice in general, just that I'm personally not a fan because they clash with my preferred team comp and playstyle. 

Well, very few units have the kind of mixed-bulk to survive the very best damage dealers---Raven, Lucina, Cordelia or Linde, Nino, Tharja---even on a fort (Setsuna etc. who rely on high speed get shafted, though), so it just takes running a bit more buffs or not carrying a dead-weight bonus unit.

Also, have you tried Savage Blow? 7 damage in a square makes 1RKOs a lot easier to reach, it's basically an AoE special every turn, even if rather weak.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Well, very few units have the kind of mixed-bulk to survive the very best damage dealers---Raven, Lucina, Cordelia or Linde, Nino, Tharja---even on a fort (Setsuna etc. who rely on high speed get shafted, though), so it just takes running a bit more buffs or not carrying a dead-weight bonus unit.

Also, have you tried Savage Blow? 7 damage in a square makes 1RKOs a lot easier to reach, it's basically an AoE special every turn, even if rather weak.

My main issue as of right now are Spring Camillas on flier teams, which my Ike cannot OHKO (and thus he gets ORKOd since he's outsped) on the counter nor can my Julia despite G Tomebreaker if S!Camilla is also running G Tomebreaker (which I've seen often). 

Ike also has trouble ORKOing Hector if Hector happens to be standing on a fort tile, and I'm not always able to kite Hector off of it when there are other enemies nearby. 

Hopefully, replacing Ike with Celica will solve most of my problems. I handle most everything else fine, for the most part. 

Some tough timing with the new bonus units - I have Mae and Celica but they're both sitting at about level 4. My plan is next to promote the three main characters so I can have a consistant bonus unit.

6 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Inserted the image. ...because I'm sure there are other lazy people like me that don't like clicking links.

Thanks for the image, much appreciated. It's not that I dislike clicking links, but the original image doesn't appear on my iPhone.

Shanna and Cordelia on active duty, looks like I have no choice but play my Pegasus Emblem for real. The last six weeks of Cavalry Emblem have made me fat and lazy, so I guess a little bit of blood, sweat and tears is in order.

Go figure. I defeat a team of merged Marths, Takumis, Linde and Hectors ( all were at least +4 ) without a death and my game decides to disconnect...

Ahahaha holy hell Alfonse. Dude tanked a 6x hit from Raven (Quad & dance) before killing him.

Edit: Also, seems like we're back to the non-defense map rotations. If I had to guess it'll be defense every other season, with the data mined maps being after this one, rather than the maps we just had.

Edited by DehNutCase

Spoiler

Accidentally got Cordelia killed in the breakable walls map (AI is so tedius to predict properly there), but ~200 feathers isn't a big enough difference to care, even if I don't go up by the full 3 ranks---which I probably will, 4.7k is still pretty good. Alfonse rounds out this team neatly by killing the Greens Cordelia couldn't. (And he can kill even all green teams thanks to his Sol and huge bulk.)

Haven't finished a streak yet because I only spent one crest for the flags so far. However, Xander's already paying off. He super murdered an enemy Julia and carrying around Hone Cavalry has allowed Reinhardt to just explode everything without much effort. Running Nino and Eirika alongside them, which, unfortunately, tanks my points a bit. I'm getting 2-4 points less on average. I might have to have a go at my next streak with my Nowi +1 swapped back in in place of Eirika, though that's gonna be a really weird comp.

2 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Haven't finished a streak yet because I only spent one crest for the flags so far. However, Xander's already paying off. He super murdered an enemy Julia and carrying around Hone Cavalry has allowed Reinhardt to just explode everything without much effort. Running Nino and Eirika alongside them, which, unfortunately, tanks my points a bit. I'm getting 2-4 points less on average. I might have to have a go at my next streak with my Nowi +1 swapped back in in place of Eirika, though that's gonna be a really weird comp.

You need to spend 2 crests to get the 10 arena match flags, I believe, so might as well spend them now.

Yeah, it does. I'm sitting on 1725 flags right now, though, so I'm not in a terrible hurry. Granted, I guess I am already warmed up. Hmmm. We'll see.

Score of 4798 (no surrenders; 684, 684, 686, 688, 686, 686, 684):

• 1:50 AM PT - #392

Was real tempted to reroll that last 684, but decided it wasn't worth it. I've got all week to shoot for better.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

6nctU8M.jpg

Highest score to date with my horse emblem team. Could probably get a few more points once Eldigan has finished with SI though it'll still take a while as he needs around 1000SP and he currently has like 20SP. Also got a defence win of 562 so I'm all set for this week!~

11 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I not only managed to get 5100 feathers (2500 for offense, 900 for defense and 1700 for tier rank) and 3 orbs out of this season but I get to advance from Tier 14 to Tier 17. I can only hope this jump in tiers won't also lead to a huge difficulty spike in terms of the teams I'm pitted against. My defense team of Ninian, Nino, Klein and (Distant Counter-less) Zephiel somehow finished with 6 wins, most of which came in the latter half of the season. I honestly wasn't expecting that team to get more than like 2 wins though Klein having Wings of Mercy might've been what tripped people up but who knows.

I got Ninian Nino Gordin (5 star) and Zephiel (4 star) is a similar team  for defence,wich skills are u using for them?

Edited by ignis_z

Screw Xander being worthless at 4*, Mist could at least heal and support, but I'll surely not waste 20k on him, if I already have Ryoma fully decked (not until I go Horse Emblem anyways).  Guess I'll be easily beaten this season, dammit; none of those bonus units will work for me. Rank 18 is pretty much what I want to reach as endgame, but I guess it won't be achieved this time. I'm sad now.

Damnnation none of the focus units really work for me, I suppose I could replace 5* Lyn with a 4* Roy or run my horse emblem team with Xander instead of Eliwood or bring Subaki instead of Sharena but with the amount of Takumi's that sounds like a deathwish but neither really seem ideal and I'm not up for wasting 20k feathers on Xander or Roy

24 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Screw Xander being worthless at 4*, Mist could at least heal and support, but I'll surely not waste 20k on him, if I already have Ryoma fully decked (not until I go Horse Emblem anyways).  Guess I'll be easily beaten this season, dammit; none of those bonus units will work for me. Rank 18 is pretty much what I want to reach as endgame, but I guess it won't be achieved this time. I'm sad now.

Same prblem here, only 4 stars Xander and its useless ;( this is a bad season for me too hehe

5 hours ago, Luchi said:

Go figure. I defeat a team of merged Marths, Takumis, Linde and Hectors ( all were at least +4 ) without a death and my game decides to disconnect...

I burst out laughing when I saw this

Oh no! I hope everything worked out okay!

Also, my score and rank:

Score: 4,760

Defense: 286 (got 2 early defense wins!)

Team: This is my brand new Tome Team. Its still in testing phases, but I got deathless on my first 7 runs in the arena with it!

Celica: Ragnarok, (no assist), Rising Light, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, (no C skill)

Azura: Sapphire Lance +, Sing, (no special trigger), Speed 3, Escape route, Hone Attack 3 (HP +3 Seal)

Nino: Gronnblade +, Draw Back, Iceberg, Fury 3, Desperation, Hone attack 3 (Attack +1 Seal)

Male Robin: Blarraven +, Draw Back, Bonfire, T-Adept, Sword Breaker 2, Spur Defense 3 (useless)

Also @Vaximillian. Get a defense win yet? >:]

Edited by Arcanite

Just now, Vaximillian said:

These are amount of fucks I give right now.

LOL

You uh seem a little salty there heh heh

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get something somehow (Also, I just switched out my previous defense team, Lyn, Azura, Robin, and Nino for that same tome team to see if I can get a higher defense score)