Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Finally, I have over 5.200 Points in Arena Assault.
5.217 this time. I have a little margin I can improve in my score. I'm at the Range from 738 - 752 Points per round. My limit would be 742- 756 Points per round.
It is a bit sad that I'm too late to reach the cutoff more easily. But with some luck I might do it. The question is how long...

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

754 is currently the highest possible.

Ok, 742 - 754 then, so I can already reach the limit with just one more step D= Nice. 

Edited by Stroud

Wow, so it's Celica week instead? Guess I will go with Cordelia regardless. 

/Edit: 14 hours remaining and I'm ranked 4,479th in AA. That didn't happen since weeks. Won't be enough for top 5k anyway I guess. 

Edited by mampfoid

Oh my God, Celica instead of Cecilia is so much better for me. I have a +8 (possibly 9 if I could decide which nature is better) Celica ready to go. Otherwise I would have had to use a +2 Camilla who does not have a fully build skill set yet. Although, Camilla would allow me to take advantage of flyer stuff with Caeda, and I would be able to run Tactics skills.

Ugh, I still need to hand out a crap ton of Fire Blessings and do my AA run for the week.

Oh, neat, I have a +3 Celica because a legendary banner randomly decided to give me almost nothing but her way back. Was wondering what to do with her since I'm at a point where there's usually a better unit for the job in AA and she's too squishy to put on a Tempest auto-battle team. Guess I should finish her kit before tomorrow.

59 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Then it's sealed: I'll never be able to stay in Tier 20. 

If someone like me who only halfway knows what he's doing can find a why to stick in Tier 20 for at least two weeks, then I feel pretty confident in saying that you can find a way too.

Though, I am a bit confused as to how my team here with its score of 3,672 (rank 2,335 in Tier 20 with the cutoff being rank 6,186) is good enough while Hilda's team apparently isn't. I also don't know everything about how arena scoring works, so it's highly likely I'm missing something.

7PhbDbZ.png?1tNW9SOF.png?1O5VXNGB.png?1yLeTEHC.png?1

Did Arena Assault again yesterday. And now this is the first time I am in the top 1k.
place 944 by now with a score of 5235.

My Team is btw, Sheena (10), Gwendolyn(9), A.Tiki(10) and Camilla (10).
I recently found out that I am at the limit for an f2p with this kind of team. 
I just need one more speed + merge for Gwendolyn and DC for Camilla and that's it.

Edited by Stroud

I think I need to have a look at all my anti-armour and anti-dragon picks and then load them up with water blessings. Picked up a decent chunk of blessing bonus in AA, but it could easily be twice as high. Granted, next season shouldn't be water season, so I might have a bit more time to waffle on things.

• T20 score of 3664 - #3210/6187
  • AA score of 5218 - #1266

It's also funny to think that roughly 5218 got me into the top 1000 a couple months back, but now it's been pushed out by a good 300-ish ranks. Oh, well, I'm not even remotely hurting for feathers right now. I've got enough to fully merge Gwendolyn or finish up Florina's, but despite obsessively pulling blue, the game refuses to give me more copies of them. I actually got enough excess beyond that recently that I retooled, gave an extra merge to, and optimized my Soren. Guess he's ready if he ever pops up as an Arena bonus again.

31 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Though, I am a bit confused as to how my team here with its score of 3,672 (rank 2,335 in Tier 20 with the cutoff being rank 6,186) is good enough while Hilda's team apparently isn't. I also don't know everything about how arena scoring works, so it's highly likely I'm missing something.

Elise isn't great for scoring, and you're running three 500-SP Specials.

@Hilda

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Cherche, Cordelia and that Caeda you mentioned before should be fine for staying in tier 20 if you +10 them all. It seems like 3 +10s and an unmerged bonus should be okay, unless among those +10's is a low-scoring ranged cav, dancer, or lack of some more score-bumping skills.

I'm sitting pretty comfortably in tier 20 right now at around rank 2,200/6,200. Cordelia, Camilla and Peri (all +10) and Soleil as my bonus (+4) is my team for this week, so no blessing help and I'm using a cav. Also got about 2,200 in AA (though I did use +0 Fjorm instead of Soleil for the blessings there). Ever since I +10'd Peri weeks ago I've been able to stay pretty safely. Luckily we're not at the point yet where armors/dragons are needed to stay instead of being able to use my favorites.

Edited by Alkaid

It's worth noting that dragons aren't inherently worth more points than other units in their type (excepting some of those exclusive skills). Some of them have trainee status, which is what bumps them up. You could field a +10 Donnel for the same scoring effect as Nowi +10 or Fae +10, though he'd be much less useful as a fighter.

5 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

It's worth noting that dragons aren't inherently worth more points than other units in their type (excepting some of those exclusive skills). Some of them have trainee status, which is what bumps them up. You could field a +10 Donnel for the same scoring effect as Nowi +10 or Fae +10, though he'd be much less useful as a fighter.

True, I should have specified I meant those kind.

Well my time sticking around in Tier 20 has been fun, but now I'm probably going to be back to yo-yoing being 19 and 20 now that I have to nudge Fjorm out for Camilla (+0 5*). In the meantime, I gave Soleil the proper reward for all the carnage she caused in this season and the last.

9wj9sGN.png?1

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

#moreencouragement I definitely think you'll be able to do it someday. I've managed it running my Lucius, Raven, and Merric + bonus unit for a while now. I've given them some expensive builds, but like...Merric is still running Fury and Bowbreaker, and Raven still has Fury and Desperation over skills that are worth more. I usually fish around for higher scoring matches just to make sure I can stay up there, but this season, I was ranked pretty highly.