Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

She's got a stat line that's highly compatible with Desperation nuking, even if her weapon doesn't like that. Shouldn't be hard to get killing blows, but she might need some setup against certain reds or DC-WF.

I'll probably be using F!Grima. The only two other options I have are Spring Loki (worse score) or Ogma (similar score, but garbage for Res, which is a huge no-no when it comes to Armoured Dragon Land™.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only real option for next week is Ogma.  No one else I have is merged, and it's pretty much impossible to get into Tier 21 without a merged bonus unit anymore.

I've gotten so tired of the rotation of units for arena.
Basically if you aren't lucky as hell (or cash shopping like mad) you have very little chance of getting into T20+.
I only land in T20 when any of the heros that I have built up are in bonus. Otherwise the stats of non-plus units are simply too low (unless you pull some magic OP unit from the top row that week) for you to make it into a higher rank.
I usually go T17->T18->T17-T18->T19->T18 just based on unit rotation. For example in this arena season there are no bonus units that I have other than Anna. I simply will not be able to advance because the stats are too low even though my other 3 units are all +10.

I've grown tired of this games major aspect of luck. There seems to be no skill or even time-based investment involved. You can simply just get lucky with pulling new heros with beefier stats than older heros (I'm sure anyone who has played for a long time can see the trend of stats) and win vs people who have built up older units that can take a year or more to pull and build...

2 hours ago, Jimster480 said:

(I'm sure anyone who has played for a long time can see the trend of stats)

And anyone who's been paying attention to the numbers can see that the increase in stats is intended first and foremost for balance. Tome cavalry have the exact same stats today as they did at launch. Armors saw no boost to stats between Gen 2 and Gen 3.

4 hours ago, Jimster480 said:

I usually go T17->T18->T17-T18->T19->T18 just based on unit rotation. For example in this arena season there are no bonus units that I have other than Anna. I simply will not be able to advance because the stats are too low even though my other 3 units are all +10.

Are you doing bonus kills? I have my Askr quartet do at least 75% of the kills, and I have no problem bouncing between Tier 19 and Tier 20, and sometimes staying in Tier 20. Anna weeks are a pain in the ass due to her low Atk, but Alfonse, Sharena, and Fjorm weeks are brain dead easy.

I run BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Olivia as my cheerleading babysitter core and they are all +10 with Aether on their Special slot. BST wise, they are pretty much rock bottom.

4 hours ago, Jimster480 said:

You can simply just get lucky with pulling new heros with beefier stats than older heros (I'm sure anyone who has played for a long time can see the trend of stats) and win vs people who have built up older units that can take a year or more to pull and build...

I am pretty sure you can maintain Tier 21, or at least bounce between Tier the 20 and 21, with Soleil, Nowi, and Fae as your core cheerleading babysitters. All of them are in the 4* or 3* pool.

Edited by XRay

@Jimster480 @XRay

Yeah. I keep bouncing between T20 and T21 each season, and I only use units from the 3*-4* pool on my team, plus the bonus unit .

A good suggestion I can give is to invest on supportive units, like Male Corrin. Just give Corrin his special refinement and make your bonus unit have ally support with Corrin. Corrin will grant +6 to all stats when adjacent to the bonus ally, and this stat boost can make a huge difference.

17 hours ago, Jimster480 said:

I've gotten so tired of the rotation of units for arena.
Basically if you aren't lucky as hell (or cash shopping like mad) you have very little chance of getting into T20+.
I only land in T20 when any of the heros that I have built up are in bonus. Otherwise the stats of non-plus units are simply too low (unless you pull some magic OP unit from the top row that week) for you to make it into a higher rank.

I've grown tired of this games major aspect of luck. There seems to be no skill or even time-based investment involved. You can simply just get lucky with pulling new heros with beefier stats than older heros (I'm sure anyone who has played for a long time can see the trend of stats) and win vs people who have built up older units that can take a year or more to pull and build...

i got into Tier 20 with Soleil, Fae and +1 Tiki (because the game refuses to give me Nowis - and I need DC to make my blue flier of choice work, and good luck getting that).  
this is also why i am slowly building up a good chunk of units.so just in case. I very very rarely have the bonus unit from banners unless i am lucky  or i bothered to go on the banner. I bounce between 18-19 (and i reached tier 20 for the first time two weeks ago).

just takes time. Divovani and Johann and a lot of people helped me get there along the way. :)

Weekly scores:

T21 Arena score: 3,794 - Rank 1,274/1,433 (/4,777)

AA score: 5,287 - Rank 757

Pretty average week it seems. Interesting that F!Grima will be a bonus without an earth week, but I guess that will make it easier for me.

I was able to secure T20 again. I don't think I'll stay, but at least it'll be easier to try with Vewonica than Sue. Though I am still proud of her, she worked hard killing L!Ikes, W!Faes, and other units I had no business throwing her at.

13 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I will play safe and use Female Grima. I don't believe Spring Veronica will be able to kill red armored foes, like Zelgius, or Red Dragons with distant counter.

She's actually pretty decent against DC/Armor Reds as long as your other teammates are weakening them down enough for her to deal the finisher

I was using Spring Loki and scored 3742 which I think should be enough to get to tier 21. I actually gave her a duel rally skill a few days ago but only realised it wasn't equipped after I did my run.

Wow, no one's talked about Arena for almost a week?

I've actually been having a lot of fun using Ogma.  I've actually got him merged, and he scores better than any of the new units I would have been able to use.  I wish they had more Bonus Hero slots, since you always have 5-6 spots taken by the "new" heroes, 1 spot by the Askr trio, who can never be merged, and I guess one legendary now, who, unless you really whale, won't be very merged either.  Having a few more random unit slots would really give a better probability of having a unit who can hold their own in arena and get the required bonus kills.

Weekly Arena scores:

T21 arena score: 3,810 - rank 401/1,434 (/4,781)

AA score: 5,326 - Rank 53

Crazy high AA score this week thanks to getting 4 more copies of L!Azura, bringing her up to +9, from the most recent mythic banner. Wish I saved up just a bit more so I could have +10d her, but the find and vote disaster banner took over 200 orbs and I didn't even get one Azura... Doesn't matter though, as top 1k is all I need. Used my +2 F!Grima for the bonus unit this week and she did decently well. Next week shouldn't be too bad either.

Just gonna throw this in here.

hnij610x95r21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

I really ought to get my hands on Kitty Cat Man now, or else I'll have to use either Sharena or Seth as my bonus unit. xP Or Haar, I suppose. But ideally for me, I want it to be Ranulf.

53 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Just gonna throw this in here.

hnij610x95r21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

I really ought to get my hands on Kitty Cat Man now, or else I'll have to use either Sharena or Seth as my bonus unit. xP Or Haar, I suppose. But ideally for me, I want it to be Ranulf.

I think we got one more week with last week's bonus heroes, so you'll have time to pull and train him.

Seth might actually be my best option.  He has Cavalry BST, but mine has merges.

Greatest character in the game, L!Lyn, going to carry next week~

Have merges on her already so she's probably my best option anyway~

I recently acquired my 3rd +10 to make scoring a bit easier~

A0FPk7q.png

She'll replace Keaton for the time being~

9 hours ago, Landmaster said:

Greatest character in the game, L!Lyn, going to carry next week~

Have merges on her already so she's probably my best option anyway~

I recently acquired my 3rd +10 to make scoring a bit easier~

A0FPk7q.png

She'll replace Keaton for the time being~

Nice! I am also working on a +10 healer. It's Lucius, and he's +5 right now. I already gave him C Duel Infantry from a extra Loki that I got from Duma's Banner.

I wonder if staff users will receive new weapons and refinements someday...

31 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Nice! I am also working on a +10 healer. It's Lucius, and he's +5 right now. I already gave him C Duel Infantry from a extra Loki that I got from Duma's Banner.

I wonder if staff users will receive new weapons and refinements someday...

Lucius is cool, good luck finishing him! I just Summoned Loki for C Duel, so I'll be giving that to her in the next couple days after I get her HM~

13 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Lucius is cool, good luck finishing him! I just Summoned Loki for C Duel, so I'll be giving that to her in the next couple days after I get her HM~

I decided to go with Lucius because he has a pretty good Atk, decent Spd and great Res, so he can use ploys. To be fair, Lucius would be +10 already if I didn't  have started to build Aversa. Aversa took all merges that would be for Lucius. XD

If Mikoto was in the 4* pool, she would be my pick. Too bad she didn't get demoted.

29 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I decided to go with Lucius because he has a pretty good Atk, decent Spd and great Res, so he can use ploys. To be fair, Lucius would be +10 already if I didn't  have started to build Aversa. Aversa took all merges that would be for Lucius. XD

If Mikoto was in the 4* pool, she would be my pick. Too bad she didn't get demoted.

Yeah, one thing about Lachesis is that she's so slow XP Haha, hope your Lucius can get done soon!

I wish Mikoto had demoted, too, though I can see why not with that Infantry Rush~