Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

Welp...just faced my first ever full cav team. Legitimately scary lineup of Reinhardt, Eldigan, Olwen, & Gronnblade Cecilia in that annoying underground map with the water & pillars. They all had Reposition, which probably helped me more than them lol. Ended up winning because Vantage Nino is the coolest...but wow...I don't think I've come across another team that scared me quite that much.

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Welp...just faced my first ever full cav team. Legitimately scary lineup of Reinhardt, Eldigan, Olwen, & Gronnblade Cecilia in that annoying underground map with the water & pillars. They all had Reposition, which probably helped me more than them lol. Ended up winning because Vantage Nino is the coolest...but wow...I don't think I've come across another team that scared me quite that much.

Had to lose two units to a team made of Eldigan, Gunther, Reinhard + Takumi. It was the fault of that ***ing Drag Back on Eldigan, otherwise I could handle them grrrr.

Just had a very weird match against Brave Bow Miracle Takumi. Neither he nor Hector could one-round each other, but if he had an Atk boost from Olivia, he could finish off my Hector before the counter to take out his 1 HP. Took a while of maneuvering around the walls map to get the two of them safely separated after killing the other enemies, but in the end, I made the mistake of having Hector bait Takumi on the same turn I had Sharena bait Olivia. I'd checked Olivia's skills and found Wings of Mercy earlier in the battle, but I'd forgotten about it by then, and she swooped in to finish off Hector.

So much for this run being deathless.

Okay, so, Alm replace my 4* Hana with great efficiency (and he was lvl 35/36 with just Rally Atk and Warding Blow (plus his Dragonic Aura), still working on him). But I think I made a mistake the last battle... And I loss my Robin.

Well, 4642 with just one death, it's pretty good. And Michalis is just a monster. He can even fight in 1v2 against Ephraim and Eldigan fury, and left them with low HP. And then take out a Nino fury just after that. One hell of a fight.

I hit 4,678 on a deathless run using an Ephraim/Nino/Olivia/Navarre team.

Some of the matches were below 660, so I think I can improve this.  No defense wins yet, using the same team except Kagero instead of Navarre.

I have not been able to secure a deathless winstreak I managed to get a one death winstreak which net me 4,788 points putting me at rank 1,300. I basically run into at least 1-2 +10 merge units a match normally nino or a spring unit being the +10 like spring camilla. 

1 hour ago, Birdy said:

@Ice Dragon I just got curious, are you going to break the legendary 5k line this week you think?

Not this week, I don't think.

I'm running too many low-merge characters this week due to the change in bonus heroes. Cecilia is +0, Sophia is (going to be) +1, Reinhardt is +4. Ninian will be my only high merge.

First run through. Single death full 7 run with Sharena/Julia/Nowi/Marth net me 4,692 with a rank of 7,261. I'm sure I'll be in the 15-22k range when this season wraps up but for now it's pretty cool. I might retry but I ended up losing my Marth to a Minerva with Draw Back that I misinterpreted for Knock Back and had Marth get poorly placed.

33 minutes ago, Elieson said:

First run through. Single death full 7 run with Sharena/Julia/Nowi/Marth net me 4,692 with a rank of 7,261. I'm sure I'll be in the 15-22k range when this season wraps up but for now it's pretty cool. I might retry but I ended up losing my Marth to a Minerva with Draw Back that I misinterpreted for Knock Back and had Marth get poorly placed.

T̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶c̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶u̶s̶ ̶

Just did a re-run with equipped sacred seals. My score:

Rank didn't update yet so I'll post later ha

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Just did a re-run with equipped sacred seals. My score:

Rank didn't update yet so I'll post later ha

My score is just one point higher than yours and is rank 6,379 at the moment.

Put together a streak worth 4864, which is currently rank 341. I'm kinda debating whether to try and improve that or just have some fun with other teams. Realistically I'd only be able to get it like...6 points higher unless I reeeeally went hard for the high-point matches so...idk.

Speaking of other teams...it seems that Team Flier's high defensive win count from last week was probably the map set, at least in part. That or the people facing my team don't believe in love. Only 2 on the board so far, but that gets the defense reward, so w/e.

Edited by LordFrigid

25 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

My score is just one point higher than yours

So you're posting your points and score while sub-textually "one-upping" me eh? Showing off how much of a gangster you are, huh? 

I like that

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

T̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶c̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶e̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶u̶s̶ ̶

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

So you're posting your points and score while sub-textually "one-upping" me eh? Showing off how much of a gangster you are, huh? 

I like that

e39412bad9163721083845c9280e5f68.png
https://gyazo.com/e39412bad9163721083845c9280e5f68

12 hours ago, Birdy said:

@Ice Dragon I just got curious, are you going to break the legendary 5k line this week you think?

I just finished building my team, and my first three matches were for 700-702 points. It looks like if I finish this deathless, I'm set for about 4,900.

Ran a flier buff team (Michalis4, Minerva5, Hinoka5, Palla4) for defense, and got my defense for the week

which is good because I can put reposition on Minerva and set my lead as Ryoma again

41 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I just finished building my team, and my first three matches were for 700-702 points. It looks like if I finish this deathless, I'm set for about 4,900.

Ah, same as me then. I got 4900 exactly. Can I ask who is in your team? Still Sophia and Reinhardt?

2 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Ah, same as me then. I got 4900 exactly. Can I ask who is in your team? Still Sophia and Reinhardt?

Yep.

+1 Sophia [+Atk, -Spd] (Raudhrraven+, Dragon Fang, Triangle Adept 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Fortify Res 3)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Lightning Breath+, Dance, Triangle Adept 3, Escape Route 3, Fortify Dragons, S HP +3)
+4 Reinhardt [+Atk, -Spd] (Dire Thunder, Blazing Thunder, Death Blow 3, Vantage 3, Hone Cavalry)
+0 Cecilia [+Spd, -Def] (Gronnblade+, Life and Death 3, Hone Cavalry)

I merged my old neutral Sophia into a new [+Atk, -Spd] Sophia I pulled earlier this week.

Is Flier Emblem suddenly getting popular or something? I only ran 3 arena matches so far, but 2 of them were all fliers (and got absolutely demolished by my superior mobility).

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Is Flier Emblem suddenly getting popular or something? I only ran 3 arena matches so far, but 2 of them were all fliers (and got absolutely demolished by my superior mobility).

Yep, I've been running into both full flier and cavalry teams aswell, though I find the first easy and the latter horrifying ._.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I wonder if this is indeed true. After not getting any arena defenses last week, I stuck a vanilla 5* Rebecca onto my defense team and got my first defense of the week. Enemy team leader was an Olivia, so I can't really tell, of course. 

Score: 4,902
Defense: 303

It looks like I was rank 295 last week at this time with a higher score. I suppose the new bonus hero set is messing with more than just a few peoples' teams. Since my rank is higher this time at the same point in the week, I should be set for top 1,000 again. I hope.

Out of my 7 runs, I ran into 3 Flier Emblem teams. Ugh.

A Bonfire Michalis destroyed my deathless streak. On my last battle, even. Ain't he ambitious. Reciprocal Aid Lyn is the scariest thing ever.

Edited by pianime94