Arena Discussion Thread (inc. Assault)

pianime94

6 hours ago, OKigen said:

Hey congrats! How much Hector + 1 affects your score? I have 3 of him at the moment and am considering whether it's worth merging them to increase my score :rolleyes: 

Before it was in the 680-688 range and now I'm in the 688-696 range, so it increased it by ~8 points per match. So an average of 56 points increase for a deathless run!

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a deathless run with Ryoma (SI Drag Back/Vantage 3), Clair, Minerva (SI Lancebreaker 1) and Jaffar (SI Poison Strike 2) for a score of 4760. Currently ranked 9608 so I'll probably finish in the 10,000~30,000 range.

39 minutes ago, Otorio said:

Before it was in the 680-688 range and now I'm in the 688-696 range, so it increased it by ~8 points per match. So an average of 56 points increase for a deathless run!

Wow awesome, gonna try it now :)

Score: 4784

So much for getting top 5k this week. Thought I might make it.

I'm a tad annoyed, as at this point I feel that whether I make it into the top 5k or top 10k is at least partially dependent on luck. I can get 7 wins deathless with my team, but whether the score is good enough to get into top 5k or not might just depend on the enemy team scores; if I had gotten more 686 to 690 opponent teams maybe I'd have gotten in. I don't want to waste any more crests trying to improve my score for a possible 500 more feathers this week.

Top 10k is still good; it's only 500 feathers anyway.

Edited by XaosLogos

Changed my team to M!Robin, Hana (38) (BS+, L&D 3, Atk+1), Alm+1 (Darting Blow 3, Spd+1) and Michalis (Fury 2, HP+3), got a new high score with 4697 (one death - stupid).

Alm's again in construction, but not using a Healer permit me to play differently. Had to fight in the volcano map against Linde, Marth and Ninian (the Hector who were here was too slow to follow), it was tricky, but thank goodness I managed to win without casualties.

But before the run, I was against Reinhardt. Michalis can bait him... But... bridge map + Ninian was the biggest sh*t I ever seen !

Currently 5684 with 4780 pts

Wow I met a pretty beast team at the arena.

5☆ Cecilia [Gronnblade+ | Draw Back | Noontime] [Fury 3 | Wings of Mercy 3 | Ward Cavalry]

5☆ Eldigan [Mystletainn | ? | Moonbow] [Fury 3 | Swordbreaker 3 | Hone Cavalry]

5☆ Ninian [Light Breath+ | Dance | ?] [Triangle Adept 3 | Escape Route 3 | ?]

5☆ Reinhardt [Dire Thunder | ? | ?] [? | ? | Goad Cavalry]

I went with Askr siblings, Julia and Nowi on the lava map. Julia on the right side waits on Rein's enemy range and one rounds him, Eldigan moves, Cecilia draw backs, Ninian dances Eldigan, Eldigan moves to the center (one tile separating him from julia). Julia Dragon Fangs Eldigan and one shots him, the rest wait. Cecilia moves west looking for sharena and Ninian moves to the center. Alfonse one shots cecilia and julia eats ninian. Gg

My score of 4,790 gets me Rank 4,149. Currently at 8 defense wins with my highest getting me a score of 288.

Spoiler

One of them is led by a T-Adept Wings of Mercy Ninian. How...

Edited by MrSmokestack

55 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

My score of 4,790 gets me Rank 4,149. Currently at 8 defense wins with my highest getting me a score of 288.

Reveal hidden contents

One of them is led by a T-Adept Wings of Mercy Ninian. How...

Interesting. Score of 4788 ranked 4443. Two-point difference means a rank difference of nearly 300 spots. We're really clustered together in this range. 

4882 score update:

4pm PDT 4/26: 272

6pm PDT 4/27: 430

6pm PDT 4/28: 540

6pm PDT 4/29: 686

Seems that people may be getting used to Flier Emblem. Two weeks ago the flier squad had over 10 victories to their name. They've only got 5 this week, with the highest at 288. I wonder what would happen if I actually finished everyone else's skill sets (right now it's just Caeda)...I've been busy training other people lately =P .

Edit: Made a couple changes, tweaked a thing or two, and merit-ed my way to enough feathers to promote a 4* Eirika for a merge, which allowed me to bump my score to 4920, which is Rank 437 after the 8 pm PDT update.

Edited by LordFrigid

A score of 4772, deathless run, gets me 17,220 in rank. Geez, it really is crowded. Maybe if i grind SP to give my corrin Spur Atk 3 instead of 1 i could get in top 10,000? Do assist skills give you more points too?

I believe every slot counts and that higher ranks will also bump the points up a little. Not really sure by how much, though it's likely fairly minor (given that my team from the Spring season set was getting about the same points as my current team despite Spring Chrom having an empty B, more characters having rank 2 skills, and no +1 Nowi).

Hmm, that's a bummer. Don't really have a way to get more points with what's available to me then )8. But considering a person above got dropped 300 places due to a two point difference, it may be somewhat relevant. Probably not as relevant at the rank where i'm at though, eeh.

Just fought this team: 

Screenshot_20170430-031023.png

Was actually pretty fun. The strat was just have Nino constantly heal Ryoma so he has enough HP to take on the Takumis, and when Hector shows up she can just Desperation nuke his face in. There was a +def Takumi that Ryoma couldn't oneround without a str buff, but that is ok, vantage has it covered.

5 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I believe every slot counts and that higher ranks will also bump the points up a little. Not really sure by how much, though it's likely fairly minor (given that my team from the Spring season set was getting about the same points as my current team despite Spring Chrom having an empty B, more characters having rank 2 skills, and no +1 Nowi).

Rank 2 skills give very little points. Unique and Rank 3 skills give A LOT. The difference between S!Xander with no B skill and SI Knockback was 10-15 points! The difference between QR2 and Swordbreaker 3 was about 5-10 points on my Sharena.

12 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Rank 2 skills give very little points. Unique and Rank 3 skills give A LOT. The difference between S!Xander with no B skill and SI Knockback was 10-15 points! The difference between QR2 and Swordbreaker 3 was about 5-10 points on my Sharena.

Can you post all your data? None of this fits with the expectations I've seen.

26 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Is that so? Well, then I might have to consider replacing niche skills that are harder to rank 3 with other rank 3s, even if they're less useful. Definitely agree with Othin that I'd like to see any data you have.

Been just practicing with my free swords, since I already got a good score, so I can still claim the free HM. Ran into a 5* Quadsuna with an Eirika backing her up. Hector just shrugged and one-rounded her. Poor Setsuna.

51 minutes ago, Othin said:

Can you post all your data? None of this fits with the expectations I've seen.

Sadly, I didn't record it. :( When I stack up enough Duel Crests and redo this, I'll record it. I have no Crests left.

That feel when the entire enemy team is countered by a single unit:

Spoiler

iAo1WsC.jpg

After two turns:

MVbKaSc.jpg

The only unit that did damage was the +Atk Takumi.

This probably won't be enough to beat my old score, though - this one was something like 676 points.

30 minutes ago, eclipse said:

That feel when the entire enemy team is countered by a single unit:

Reveal hidden contents

iAo1WsC.jpg

After two turns:

MVbKaSc.jpg

The only unit that did damage was the +Atk Takumi.

This probably won't be enough to beat my old score, though - this one was something like 676 points.

What B Skill did you give her?

5 hours ago, Fei Mao said:

@Vaximillian I just faced the horrors of a cav team on the lava map. Eldigan, Reinhardt with DB3, Abel, and Ursula with Blade. (All members had Hone Cav) My krill team stood no chance, I can see why you'd pass now.

Oh dear!

I'd pass for what?

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh dear!

I'd pass for what?

The experience definitely did make a bit more hesitant attacking Cav leaders at the 680+ range.

Avoiding Cav teams, it was a reference to your post a couple pages back.

On 4/23/2017 at 1:16 AM, Vaximillian said:

I once was offered a team led by Ursula. I quickly noped away in fear of a cavalry team.

Edited by Fei Mao