Absolute horrible luck oTL

Wuppeteer

Hey there! I haven't been on here for... well.. forever haha!

I've been obsessively playing heroes since it's release date and have been really enjoying it! However... I've had literally the WORST luck :"D !

now you're probably thinking- it can't be THAT bad

but oooh boy yeah it is.

ive exhausted allll of the possible free orbs (only rolling when I have 20 orbs by the way) and 

I only have one 5* ONE :"""D and I only have a 5* because I was rerolling for ~ four hours on release day """oTL...

ive stayed optimistic however and have been playing the game a lot but :"0 it's a little disheartening ? I've completely all of the story (normal, hard, lunatic) all the special chapters, and even all the paralogue ones already(I have no life hehe :"))

and still I haven't rolled any more 5* units! Ahh...:c I don't have the money right now to spend on this game (starving student artist life ) so :"0 I guess I'm just going to have to wait??

im just wondering what I should do since I don't really want to restart the game either ..:(

I have a lot of "good"4* units and have been spending my time levelling them but what should I do ..?:"0 like ah.. I've gotten shareena and Alfonse to 4* just oTL"

sorry if I made an unneccary topic(?) i hope it's not but haha :"D I've been looking around and most people have at least 2 5* units and

im out of free orbs :") I have like 16 orbs now.. ah should I wait until i see a focus group I love a lot ?? Just oTL"" my luck is horrible..

just some screenshots of all the heroes I've summoned so far!!

i haven't sent any home yet either I don't really want to part with any of them ..:<

IMG_1258.PNG

IMG_1259.PNG

For some reason, when someone has only one 5* unit, it always seems to be Nowi. My friend was in the same boat for a long time, and he just had Nowi.

Edited by Trashbird
Because I worded this wrong

Well, at least its Nowi!  Nowi is an amazing unit.  I have 6 5*s and if 4 of them weren't blue units that I like more because of personal connection with them in their origin games, I'd still be using her.  I will say, Nowi is significantly better in arena defense and story/tower than she is in arena offense.  She doesn't hit hard like Taku and doesn't have enough hp/def to live forever.  Great unit outside arena though.  

I feel bad for you, the only 5* I sitll want is Leo which I'll probably never get.  Otherwise, I got 3 units I wanted REALLY bad and 3 untis I didn't want too much but 2 of them are awesome.  

I would actually recommend resetting if you feel any connection to certain units.  Nothing felt better than getting Ephraim and Eirika on the same day.  4* units can be gotten again and I don't expect the resest exploit to allude Nintendo for much longer.  

Otherwise, I sometimes do wish I didn't end up with a full time of 5*s before I started the game.  It accelerated my game almost too quickly.  I wonder how much more fun it would be if I actually trained my units as I went thorugh the story instead of just killing everything.  So maybe you're lucky after all :p

Edited by Lushen

@Trashbird

oh omg that's really strange ;~;?? What a weird coincidence then?? Ahh..:<

@eclipse

that is very true! I'm trying to get all my 4*'s to level 20 currently but none of them are really standing out to me so far "oTL. I'm going to keep levelling them up though since it gives me something to do :")

@Lushen

ah wow yeah :"0 she's technically carried me through the entirety of the game to be completely honest...ahh :"> and oh man I suck at the arena I always get to a streak of 6 and then lose and it's killer! Usually takumi or any falchion user kills me..:"0

shes really great but since she maxed out now... she's not getting any better ahhh :"0

oh god that's a lot of 5*'s! I'd appreciate about any 5* at this point to be completely honest ! I'm kind of jealous of your luck ahh!! But that sounds like a lot of blue units ! I'm in need for more red units since I don't have a lot of great ones? I think I'm going to try to get my Olivia to 4* next but who knows haha

and I don't think I'll reset at this point probably I'm super connected to my Nowi and my team and... I'm not in super need of any of the focus guys (even though SS was my first game I don't NEED eirika//ephraim that bad :"0 though I do want them)

and yeah I really hope they don't get rid of the reset rerolling but :")))) 

i think I might download the game on my iPad just because-why not haha!

thabk you all for your input! I just feel super unlucky-especially when I read about people getting like two 5* units in just one summon!!

Edited by Wuppeteer
Didn't tag correctly whoopssss mobile :"0

@randybutternubz

hm I might do that but I feel so bad for just throwing them away? :"0 I really enjoy collecting but I may end up throwing some heroes away and currently I have 8,219 feathers since I've used quite a few on upgrading Shareena, alfonse, and Narcian hehe :"D...

and I'm curious- why Merric? I think he's OK but pretty squishy ;A;"? Like he always gets annihilated so fast for me? He hits hard and is moderately fast but if he's touched he's usually dead.  

2 minutes ago, Wuppeteer said:

@lushen

oh god that's a lot of 5*'s! I'd appreciate about any 5* at this point to be completely honest ! I'm kind of jealous of your luck ahh!! But that sounds like a lot of blue units ! I'm in need for more red units since I don't have a lot of great ones? I think I'm going to try to get my Olivia to 4* next but who knows haha

Needing more red untis is a good problem to have.  Most of the best units happen to be red so maybe your next 5* will be a red.  

I should also mention the more summons you do without getting a 5* increase the chance of getting a 5* until you get one.   Its in the details of the summoning page.  So you're due, let us know what you get.

8 minutes ago, Wuppeteer said:

@eclipse

that is very true! I'm trying to get all my 4*'s to level 20 currently but none of them are really standing out to me so far "oTL. I'm going to keep levelling them up though since it gives me something to do :")

Yo don't double-post!  Even if mobile editing is painful!

When you can't win by sheer power, you'll have to learn what each unit is good at.  I have some of your units, so if you'd like, I can attempt to explain their strengths and weaknesses.  It's more fun if you find out on your own, but it also costs a ton of stamina.

Friend, I completely understand you *pats* I haven't exhausted all possible orbs yet since I can't actually beat the last chapter of Hard or chapters 8 and 9 of Lunatic, but I'm 99.99% certain that when I do, I'll probably be in the same situation as you.  Possibly worse, because I didn't reroll on opening day.

2 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

Friend, I completely understand you *pats* I haven't exhausted all possible orbs yet since I can't actually beat the last chapter of Hard or chapters 8 and 9 of Lunatic, but I'm 99.99% certain that when I do, I'll probably be in the same situation as you.  Possibly worse, because I didn't reroll on opening day.

Nah, I have a team of 5*s and I still have trouble with the last two chapters on lunatic.  Those missions are tough no matter who you have.  The last chapter on hard isn't too bad but I did have to use a lights blessing for the fifth mission. 

My advice to you is to use the focus summons to your advantage.  If theres no nocolors in the current focus (like right now) and you open the summoning page and see 5 nocolors...I'd just open one and reroll.  I think at that point, the orb discount probably isn't worth it.  If theres only 1-2 nocolors then maybe you just go ahead and open them anyways, however.  I could be wrong though, maybe it is more efficient to open them all always if you're nat5 hunting but its been working for me pretty well.

Edited by Lushen

@eclipse

oh wait did I double post? I thought I just edited the comment?:"0 ah sorry

aaah yes :"0 I've been levelling up some of my units to level 20~ just to get a feeling for them but if you have any good info on any of them I would totally appreciate that!!:"D

@randybutternubz

oooh ok !! I hadn't thought about that oTL " I think I might go with him then hehe ;0 once I get enough feathers anyway!

@mewyeon

oooh gods yeah those chapters were SO hard T-T" had to use some light blessings on them because no matter what angle I took them at I kept getting slaughtered ehehe "":"D.. and oh my god that's too bad !! I kept rerolling and it took me forever to get my first and only 5* hhh ;u;""" good luck on getting yours I've got my fingers crossed !

@Lushen

Ah yes that would make sense to reroll after that but :"0 orbs are so hard to come by now. I think you have a point though oTL". Like I said I'll take about any 5* unit at this point because my units are kind of weak and I get completely crushed in arena most days hehe :"0

13 hours ago, Lushen said:

I should also mention the more summons you do without getting a 5* increase the chance of getting a 5* until you get one.   Its in the details of the summoning page.  So you're due, let us know what you get.

just a reminder that this only applies within a specific focus group. so it reset when the new group started this week.

re: the OP, i feel you. i only have three 5*, but one was a double. :p at least i got some of the best ones. i'm still waiting to get a full team, but i'm starting to seriously think i'll have to promote a 4* at some point instead (although i'm waiting for ike, tbh, so i guess i should be patient and not use up all my orbs now).

Warning: Wall of opinionated text incoming!

Sophia - She hits once, and hits hard.  Anything with a decent Speed stat will ruin her day.

Azama - Pain is useful for chipping down targets with high defenses.  Threaten Atk/Solid-Earth Balm reduce a lot of physical damage.  Reconcile and not-awful defenses means that he can work a bit closer to the front lines than most healers.  His Attack is pretty bad, so if he's the last one standing, you'll probably lose.

Gordin - He has two uses.  The first is a player-phase bow nuke, thanks to Brave Bow.  The second is to tank physical hits, due to his startling high Defense.  He's dead if a mage gets near him (unless they're at low health, and Vantage is active).  Shove is a fun little utility skill.

Bartre - He's a heavy health manipulation character.  If you can master that, you'll have a pretty insane offensive unit.  It takes a lot of practice, though (and I should get working on it).

Chrom - High HP and Attack means that he can take a beating, and he'll get a good chunk of it back thanks to Sol (or whatever health recovery skill it is).  Low Speed means that fast mages are a problem.  Falchion allows him to kill dragons, though he's arguably the weakest of the lot (which isn't exactly saying much).

Corrin - Have her alternate with Nowi.  She focuses on debuffing, which may be helpful on certain maps.

Nino - Pair her with a Hone/Fortify unit or two, and watch the fireworks.  Like all mages, she doesn't do well when there's an enemy in her face.  Pull Back is another great utility skill.

Matthew - He won't kill anything outright.  However, Poison Strike and Hone Speed will allow others to do so. . .I THINK it's Hone Speed.

Henry - Training him is PAINFUL.  He's slow, and can't take magic hits to save his life.  However, he's part of the mage trio that is effective against colorless (the others being Robin and Cecilia), and he might be able to annoy green mages.  If he ever gets his proc off, it'll hurt.  But that involves him actually attacking things and surviving.  Your best bet is to have him kill the only thing slower than him - armors.

Raigh - Most people ignore him.  He's a very strange combination of utility and nuke, with the only weapon that is effective against horses, Rally Attack, and Seal Resistance.  He works very well in conjunction with a manakete, where he can either soften a target or donate some Attack.  He's not the easiest to train, and he wants to be at 4*.

Virion - He's one of my highest-leveled units, but that's because I'm insane.  With the hyper-offensive meta, I use Seal Speed to shut down people who'd otherwise double my tank.  He can't take a magic hit, so be careful!

Setsuna - Kills bows, flying units, and daggers.  Does squat to everything else.

Niles - Murders mages, but that's about it.  Somewhat reliant on his proc to damage non-squishy targets.

Jakob - Oh man, where do I start?  He's a somewhat bulky dagger user that heals himself.  If he ever hits 5*, he'll inflict -7 Def/Res on a target.  He also has Rally Resistance, which helps someone else to tank.

Olivia - Dancing utility is amazing.  So is Hone Attack.

Arthur - Completely and utterly decimates blue units.  Dies to everything else.  Swap can set up some interesting plays.  It's not a bad skill on him, but there's others that use it better.

Gunter - Harsh Command will be great if the meta shifts to mass-debuffing.  He also gets Hone Attack, which is a pretty good way of buffing your offense before you attack.

Cecilia - Escape Route allows her to warp where she's needed.  Her weapon is super-effective against colorless units, and she can run a bit of support with Rally Resistance.  She's rather frail, so don't have her attempt to tank anything that isn't a blue tome.

Felicia - Mage-killing dagger girl.  Like Jakob, she'll inflict -7 Def/Res once she hits 5*.  Unlike Jakob, she might kill her target outright.  She also heals the people around her when attacking.

Stahl - IMO one of the best Swap users (I believe Sully does the same), thanks to being on a horse.  He's relatively bulky, which means he can take a red user and probably live.  Have him zero in on green users, and keep him away from blue/Raigh.

Donnel - I'm sure there's ways to make him useful, but I haven't figured it out yet.  Brave Lance implies player-phase nuke, but his defenses and speed are so low that he can't charge out to the front lines.

Edited by eclipse

@geozeldadude

oooh omg :"0 haha I'm happy with nowi but like ahh wish I had more?:"D and ... ah I feel the same way with my orbs I'm scared. Of using them but I really want a 5*... which luckily I finally got my second one!!!

@eclipse

!!! That's a lot of useful information! Thank you!  I'm really interested in training my Henry up to see his potential but he really is a pain to train hehe :"D. And I also like f!corrin too! Love her debuffing skill !:"0

ah I'm trying to get all my units up in levels but it just take awhile oTL but this is useful information!! 

Also! I just pulled my second 5* !!

got an Effie- not exactly what I was looking for but :"D better than nothing

IMG_1269.PNG

I've spent $40 and I only have two 5* to show for it. Abel and Jeorge. So i know what its like to have awful luck.

At least Nowi, and Effie are two of the best there are for blue so at least you got that going for you...

Use Nino on a buff centered team (Nowi's rally Def is good), her Atk and Spd are pretty ridiculous.

Edited by Hawk King

Currently on 50 pulls and a total of zero 5*, and not a single 4* lord-class hero.

Just wanna know if it is near impossible to play at end-game (high lunatic/arena) with a full 4* team, assuming I do not pay for orbs?

Edited by Shade

@Hawk King

ah omg that's a lot of money ;A;" I have like 00$ to spend otherwise I'd buy some orbs! And gosh only 2 as well ;A;""? Man welcome to the bad luck crew ;"D

and yeah that is true hehe :"D oh well what can you do ..:"> it's better than only one 5*!!

and I am currently training up my Nino!!:D hehe just trying out all my units!

@Shade

oh dear lord 0? Did you not reroll at first?;A;? That's really not good omf... I'd probably restart but ;;"" I don't know how far you're into the game?i had SO much trouble with my main team

5*nowi 4*lissa4*lonqu4*merric for the last chapter of hard and lunatic... used a few light blessings hehe :"D I'm sure you can do it with all 4*'s but my nowi was the only way I won but ... depends on your team!! Make sure to level them up as high as possible for the final chapter ahh :"D 

also so I downloaded the game on my iPad and have had SO much more luck on there?? Like I have two 5* units already from only 3 pulls!! And good 4* units to boot!

picture of my iPad team!! Liking my pulls a lot more.. training up older tiki Gunter kagero and shanna now! Really liking kagero and shanna but I find Old!tiki a little slow 

haha no pun intended xD

IMG_1275.JPG

Did not expect the 4* and 5* to be this disproportionately different in strength at the start :\ And honestly did not expect my luck to be this bad... thought I would have been good to go if I get any 5* before lvl 30. (I didnt)

Now I am far enough into the game that I am not really that keen on rerolling, but I am starting to see my units getting overrun quickly in Hard Chapter 9. All the lucky friends with their army of 5* lords are telling me to restart the game saying its impossible to clear lunatic without. Thus me coming here to see if it is going to be as bad as they claim :|

Edited by Shade

@Shade

oh yeah the star rating sure does make a difference...;n;""... and I didn't think my luck would be so bad either.. until I started my profile on my iPad.. which i have  been infinitely more lucky on?!? :> see attached photos because like??? How??? And oh god that's way too bad then :c ahhh... gods it might be good to just restart but do whatever you think would be best? For you?

@Shiro

ahh gods that's a LOT of orbs.. you probably won't be happy with the attached image oTL... I'm sorry to hear you bad luck I'm praying for you fingers crossed!

but my iPad account has been way better :") and idk whether to merge units or keep them separate ?

IMG_1278.PNG

Also which versions should I keep? I now have two eirikas and two Julia's and I have level 25 Julia I've been using... what should I do?

Also you can't upload that many files in one go? And honestly I haven't been on here that long so I'm not sure how to get around it?

So click here for a link to my deviant art stash with all their stats?:0

yeah sorry!:"0

2 minutes ago, Wuppeteer said:

Also which versions should I keep? I now have two eirikas and two Julia's and I have level 25 Julia I've been using... what should I do?

Also you can't upload that many files in one go? And honestly I haven't been on here that long so I'm not sure how to get around it?

So click here for a link to my deviant art stash with all their stats?:0

yeah sorry!:"0

you have a +hp/-res and +res/-spd ericka and i would merge that lvl 1 julia since she is +res/-atk which imo is really bad I have a +spd/-atk julia and when i merged my other one her boon and bane was +hp/-spd which is worse imo and i dont know your lvl 25 julia stats because she is lvl 25 so once she gets lvl 40 you will know. a great way to check stats is by going to to the fe wiki and check max hero stats by clicking on their name and there you can find out which boons and banes your heroes have.

@Shiro

ooh ok yes I've been checking there but I just wanted to make sure hehe :"D and I will merge them then! ^o^! And I can't remember my Julia's stats either oTL whoops! Should I merge my Eirikas though? Neither one of them seem to have gotten a good boon :< but -spd is pretty bad imo 

But what do you think?