• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Who wants to here a joke?

Hide contents

Batre keeps showing up when you want Hector/the 2 summer siblings

I never thought I'd want a Bartre...until I pulled a Lyn.

30 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I really hope Lyn has a line about hating pants then (she'd be a perfect fit for Sonic Boom).

Unfortunately(?) no, she says "I'll be your peerless warrior"

Though if you're really into FE7 memes you could see it as a reference to glass lol.

11 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Unfortunately(?) no, she says "I'll be your peerless warrior"

Though if you're really into FE7 memes you could see it as a reference to glass lol.

actually that's a reference to the prologue of fe7, she says at the end "You'll be my master strategist, and I'll be your peerless warrior!"

one of her special quotes is "prepare yourself" though, which is what she said in smash bros

lucina says "the future is not written" which was one of her victory quotes so all of them have some kind of smash bros reference

18 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Path of Radiance spoilers

Hide contents

Is that really much of a spoiler?

anyways because I don't want to get yelled at for spoilers

Spoiler

I had considered how disrespectful it is of PoR Ike to be wearing Greil's clothes, as far as anyone knows his body may not even be cold yet and don't get me started on urvan that is literal grave robbing and it totally ruins the canon, making enjoyment of the tellius games impossible now how could canegis get that axe if ike took it to a costume party in another world, greil would be so disappointed to see what his legacy ultimately led up too.

Still though, I really hope that we get several halloween banners with characters wearing costumes that make sense.

9 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Hide contents

I had considered how disrespectful it is of PoR Ike to be wearing Greil's clothes, as far as anyone knows his body may not even be cold yet and don't get me started on urvan that is literal grave robbing and it totally ruins the canon, making enjoyment of the tellius games impossible now how could canegis get that axe if ike took it to a costume party in another world, greil would be so disappointed to see what his legacy ultimately led up too.

Still though, I really hope that we get several halloween banners with characters wearing costumes that make sense.

Simple, Heroes is non cannon. 

5 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Reveal hidden contents

So taking a family member's axe to use it is grave-robing and that means that someone who isn't family couldn't graverob it to use it because his dreams told him to later? (When it was most definitely used as a grave) Even in universe I think there is alot of wiggle room in how the portals and the like work. (To start just because Ike is apparently from PoR dosen't mean the Axe is)

5 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Well, Greil wouldn't be buried in his armor, they probably would have dressed him in a nicer garb, removing his armor. Though I believe there's an image of the axe sitting next to the burial site so we know the axe is at least available to ike.  Additionally, its possible that he had the armor remade.  Either way, Ike wearing his father's armor honors Greil, not like grave robbing.

If shinnon was in Greil's armor I would be pissed, b/c we know he is a grave robber.

I still want Ephraim in Chrom's clothes and vice versa as a reference to the only VG that mattered.

a5pe40y.png

Edited by Lushen

good grief, can't make a joke in a joke thread without people taking it seriously, if I'm being serious I actually quite like Ike dressed as greil, I feel like it was something that I had thought about in heroes and it's really cool to see in heroes. 

Spoiler

@Lushen I don't know if Greil would have had anything else to wear when he was buried, I don't even know if Ike had anything to change into, I love how jrpgs keep everyone really clean regardless of how rough they must live. Though the whole thing about Ike having Greil's outfit remade is plausible.

Has anyone figured out if the fit on Roy and Ike's CYL costumes is the same on them as it was their fathers or are they somewhat baggy on them. They seem to be a bit big on them but I can't tell if they were baggy on greil and eliwood to begin with.

Edit: I just thought of the perfect halloween summon in the focus, elinca dressed as ashnard I would go for that.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Lyn being the newest potential member of Horse Emblem:

It's especially funny b/c while Lyn is going to a horse emblem, she is also destroying them w/ her Bow.  Even Sacae's blessing is fairly anti-cav b/c it targets Camus and Xander.  So it's like she's a ruthless Tyrant taking them over.

5 hours ago, Lushen said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well, Greil wouldn't be buried in his armor, they probably would have dressed him in a nicer garb, removing his armor. Though I believe there's an image of the axe sitting next to the burial site so we know the axe is at least available to ike.  Additionally, its possible that he had the armor remade.  Either way, Ike wearing his father's armor honors Greil, not like grave robbing.

If shinnon was in Greil's armor I would be pissed, b/c we know he is a grave robber.

I still want Ephraim in Chrom's clothes and vice versa as a reference to the only VG that mattered.

a5pe40y.png

Seriously though, the noise. I once took a furtive glance at Heroes while in the office but didn't realize the sound was on, and thought "Well, my life is over now. Everyone heard that"

4 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Lyn being the newest potential member of Horse Emblem:

She looks like she's saying, "Who's awesome? You're awesome!"