Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

When I got back from *stuff*, I was like "Ugh. What's the score on the gauntlet now..." Then I get on and see that Ephriam is ahead by a ton. I'm hoping that this isn't just a break for Chrom and they start pushing again... (Also I underestimate you, eclipse.)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Chrom is behind by 23 million. Keep up the work Team Ephraim! I think we got this one!

...I think I'm starting to not hate Takumi in this game as much as I did before. I've been bombarded with Takumis on my team and they've been helping me splat everyone (except one time there was a male Robin in the enemy group... There was one just this match too, but I had two Takumis this time. XD) So thank you Takumi for helping me help Ephraim! We can finish this!

Edited by Anacybele

I can only battle one last time. Better end off with a bang.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Also, funny thing, Ephraim has a lance and he's winning over Chrom, a sword guy. The weapon triangle has infiltrated this. XD

Being the only (male) lance lord has its advantages, like he even needed to prove it, ha!

3 minutes ago, Maymeimai said:

Being the only (male) lance lord has its advantages, like he even needed to prove it, ha!

Yep, his uniqueness is a reason I like Ephraim. ^^ Lances are cool too, I don't know why we don't get more lance lords. Sure, Chrom and Lucina get them on promotion, but that's promotion. Not lances from the start.

EDIT: LOL Rezzy. XD

Edited by Anacybele

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

First I've heard of this. Also, they could've done a story that wasn't replicating Shadow Dragon's. Besides, didn't SD sell poorly? Why would they want to replicate a game that sold poorly?

Archanea is the basis of FE, in story, archetypes, everything. I find nothing wrong on it. I find it pretty nice that they're telling FE's story in a different setting.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That I won't deny. But I still bet that sales would've at least been a LITTLE better had characters from non-Archanea/3DS games been added.

Back on topic, one hour left! Ephraim won't lose if I have anything to say about it either! I got 100 flags from all the Takumi-ness I got recently (let me complete the colorless gauntlet quest), and I used 50 of them earlier. I'll use the other 50 next!

More like blame that they advertised something initially, had a gap of silence, people's hopes went down and came up with something unexpected that didn't please a lot of people.

I spent the evening hanging out with a friend (and recommended she download Heroes on her phone as well) and not worrying about the gauntlet at all. Played a few times for Eirika, but eh, we're going to lose and I'm fine with that.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yep, his uniqueness is a reason I like Ephraim. ^^ Lances are cool too, I don't know why we don't get more lance lords. Sure, Chrom and Lucina get them on promotion, but that's promotion. Not lances from the start.

EDIT: LOL Rezzy. XD

Lance lord is truly something else, and Ephraim with that lance spinning...sugoi.

Edited by Hardy

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...I think I'm starting to not hate Takumi in this game as much as I did before. I've been bombarded with Takumis on my team and they've been helping me splat everyone (except one time there was a male Robin in the enemy group... There was one just this match too, but I had two Takumis this time. XD) So thank you Takumi for helping me help Ephraim! We can finish this!

I'm the opposite. I've encountered so many Takumi that it is ridiculous. He's fast so I can't double him. He can counter at any range so I can't corner him. He is surprisingly durable so I can't OHKO him. And, everyone seems to have one while I'm sitting here with my crappy units that seem to be exclusively -speed IV for some reason. I swear, when I see a Takumi, I just want to throw my phone at the wall - it doesn't help that I've been matched up against two of them at once on more than one occasion. 

But, luckily, I've been doing pretty good. I haven't lost any matches yet, so someone must be watching over me. I'm giving my all for my Lord Ephraim.

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

More like blame that they advertised something initially, had a gap of silence, people's hopes went down and came up with something unexpected that didn't please a lot of people.

Yeah, that was pretty dumb, not going to argue with you on that one.

I can do one more gauntlet battle for this round, I think. I hope I can make it count!

Well, congratulations to all the Team Ephraim supporters here. It looks like Chrom will have his chance another day. This was definitely the most interesting battle in the Voting Gauntlet by far, and was amazing up to its very final moments. Unfortunately, with all the flag blowing, the anti-Lucina dream is now dead. We can start welcoming our new Future Witness overlords.

By what I'm hearing, we might lose to Lucina, but honestly I've invested so much I'll be satisfied if we win against Chrom. After all, I was a Leo, and I go by whoever defeats me will win. (Also, if all the chroms join us, we might have a chance against the Lucina apocalypse. A chance.) (That's also why I said a chance, post below me)

Edited by InigoPadalin

2 minutes ago, InigoPadalin said:

By what I'm hearing, we might lose to Lucina, but honestly I've invested so much I'll be satisfied if we win against Chrom. After all, I was a Leo, and I go by whoever defeats me will win. (Also, if all the chroms join us, we might have a chance against the Lucina apocalypse. A chance.)

Except the Chroms will probably join his daughter...

Lets look at it this way, We win vs chrom, We technically win the whole thing. id like to imagin Lucina doesnt matter in the end due to ludicrus numbers. Just beating chrom is a victory for Ephraim!

Even if it looks like whoever wins in Ephraim vs. Chrom will lose to Lucina anyway, do note that both Fates siblings were knocked out in the first round. Even Leo, the most popular male character of Fates. Obviously, this is not so much new vs. old but Awakening vs. everything else.

1 minute ago, Thany said:

Lets look at it this way, We win vs chrom, We technically win the whole thing. id like to imagin Lucina doesnt matter in the end due to ludicrus numbers. Just beating chrom is a victory for Ephraim!

Lucina? Lu-cena? I can't see Lu-cena. But seriously tho, good game.

Our battle against Lucina reminds me of a fan art that I saw that had Sharena, Eirika, and Elise holding guns fighting against a ton of Lucinas with red eyes. Most accurate  thing I've seen so far.

Spoiler

IMG_0042.PNG

Edited by InigoPadalin