Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, same here... I'd have a hard time picking who to support there though. I love Elincia, but I love Marcia and Jill too... Well, if they're in the game and picked for that gauntlet.

I want a buff/muscles gauntlet! RD Ike vs Ogma vs Hawkeye vs Deke vs Rinkah vs Mask Guy! :P

I'd probably go with a pegasus knight. Probably Cordelia or Caeda. Maybe Tana.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I'll be both genuinely surprised and happy if Chrom pulls a SUPER SAIYAN CHROM and wins in the end. However, I think that's it for Chrom and he did a good job. Just second evidence that Women Emblem wins whoo. After all, female units have been the best in both the gameplay and popularity aspect.

If Chrom loses then I'll back up his daughter to avenge his father and end Grima!Ephraim once and for all. Wait for the Lucina STOMP!

Might not be the brightest idea to announce that in a room full of Ephraim(s)... Lucina is kind of a fringe faction here. Then again, I've been on Team Lucina since the start, so we welcome you aboard. (Also I also thought it'd be neat if it was Father vs Daughter in the finals, but oh well. This was a hard fought battle and I congratulate Team Ephraim regardless)

Edited by Ryu Yuki

Lucina literally does not need my support. I don't exactly dislike her, but I don't really like her either. As much as I hate the word, she is somewhat overrated.

Edited by Sunwoo

2 minutes ago, Res said:

I joined Lucina because of all the hate she receives here. 

I don't think anyone has outright admitted to hating Lucina. She's okay honestly in my opinion, but when she's up against characters that we love, things kinda get intense in here XD

4 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Might not be the brightest idea to announce that in a room full of Ephraim(s)... Lucina is kind of a fringe faction here. Then again, I've been on Team Lucina since the start, so we welcome you aboard.

You are not alone, I just didn't have a profile until today.

4 minutes ago, Res said:

I joined Lucina because of all the hate she receives here. 

It does seem a bit excessive at times.

I'm pretty sure it borders on hate. Characters that are 'overrated' get a lot of flak from the community just for their popularity. I mean, some of it is justified as Lucina already appeared in Smash and has a special skin coming up, and others deserve a chance to get something, but I do see a lot of people hating on her just because she's become *too popular*. This phenomenon happens everywhere honestly, not just FE.

Just now, Falcom said:

I don't think anyone has outright admitted to hating Lucina. She's okay honestly in my opinion, but when she's up against characters that we love, things kinda get intense in here XD

LOL, I know. It's just a game!

Of course I know it's not really 'hate'. I just felt like being on a winning team after Leo.

Although given my love for underdogs, I do get a little put off by the fanbase at times with regards to certain characters. 

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

I'm pretty sure it borders on hate. Characters that are 'overrated' get a lot of flak from the community just for their popularity. I mean, some of it is justified as Lucina already appeared in Smash and has a special skin coming up, and others deserve a chance to get something, but I do see a lot of people hating on her just because she's become *too popular*. This phenomenon happens everywhere honestly, not just FE.

Well, she earned the special version. Other characters are getting them too, but, yes, the "hipster effect" seems prominent. Not saying that's the only reason...

5 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I'll be both genuinely surprised and happy if Chrom pulls a SUPER SAIYAN CHROM and wins in the end. However, I think that's it for Chrom and he did a good job. Just second evidence that Women Emblem wins whoo. After all, female units have been the best in both the gameplay and popularity aspect.

If Chrom loses then I'll back up his daughter to avenge his father and end Grima!Ephraim once and for all. Wait for the Lucina STOMP!

Same. Same.

I'm okay with Chrom/Lucina. I just picked Chrom because I had him. If I had to go with someone, it was Leo. Alas, he was a lost cause. If I also knew how the gauntlet worked more, I would've known that having the character was a small bonus, not as big as I was thinking. Oh well.

I just really loved the voting gauntlet. I can't wait for more!

I don't dislike Lucina because she's popular. Sure, it's kind of annoying that she IS popular, because I just don't get why people like her so much. But from the start, before I knew she was popular, I disliked her because I thought she was a boring and unoriginal character. I don't like anything about her. Not her design, not her character.

9 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Might not be the brightest idea to announce that in a room full of Ephraim(s)... Lucina is kind of a fringe faction here. Then again, I've been on Team Lucina since the start, so we welcome you aboard. (Also I also thought it'd be neat if it was Father vs Daughter in the finals, but oh well. This was a hard fought battle and I congratulate Team Ephraim regardless)

Who cares, I can handle all the Lucina hate and haters with her unshakeable determination! Please let the finals be Father vs Daughter

Please St. Elimine, Naga, Anna, grant us this final

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't dislike Lucina because she's popular. Sure, it's kind of annoying that she IS popular, because I just don't get why people like her so much. But from the start, before I knew she was popular, I disliked her because I thought she was a boring and unoriginal character. I don't like anything about her. Not her design, not her character.

Well, what makes a character boring is subjective. I find many of the Shadow Dragon characters boring for example (there were just too many of them), but others may find them interesting. Some may even find Ike boring, but clearly the majority see something in Lucina that you do not.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

You are not alone, I just didn't have a profile until today.

It does seem a bit excessive at times.

Oh, really? That's wonderful. I was kind of afraid of saying much because I didn't think there were any others of our kind here. Lucina is my only 40+2 unit (+Spd-Def), and she's always been kind of a favorite of mine (Lord Tiki is #1 though). Although I do want to support her, I would appreciate a greater challenge since our battles were way too easily won. I want to have the feeling that I'm making a difference, like Team Chrom/Ephraim felt throughout their whole struggle. Even as Lucina supporter, I must admit that it was an exemplary battle and probably the best one we're going to get this time.

I don't necessarily dislike Lucina or Chrom (although there are certain things they do in the story that give their characters a not-so-good impression of themselves), but they're not anything special either. Kind of like how Camilla's boobs aren't anything special.

Sentiment goes to basically every other FE character, though. They're all cool in their own ways to different people, but none of them are anything special to warrant so much hype about them.

I dont fully dislike awakening. But i prefered the DLC edjars you got and trained them up like mad.

Regardless while i dont dislike chrom, Having the final round just be awakening characters isn't as exciting of an ending to me. Seeing a popular character fight someone who Didnt come from awakening makes Things pretty cool. heck. as much as I like sacred stones as the best game series. Even i would of been lightly upset if only ephraim and eirika made it to the finals.

Edited by Thany

2 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Oh, really? That's wonderful. I was kind of afraid of saying much because I didn't think there were any others of our kind here. Lucina is my only 40+2 unit (+Spd-Def), and she's always been kind of a favorite of mine (Lord Tiki is #1 though). Although I do want to support her, I would appreciate a greater challenge since our battles were way too easily won. I want to have the feeling that I'm making a difference, like Team Chrom/Ephraim felt throughout their whole struggle. Even as Lucina supporter, I must admit that it was an exemplary battle and probably the best one we're going to get this time.

She is one of my five stars (I have four!). I may make a slight dent in the last round since I have 1,015 flags saved up for a final push against the winning prince.