Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Don't double post you goof :P:

We should combine FE Heroes and Pokemon GO, and have Ephraim and Lucina do a Pokemon battle instead. Whoever wins ends up winning the Fire Emblem Pokemon League.

That's kind of unfair considering she has connections and can call up Mewtwo from Smash Bros.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Ryu Yuki said:

That's kind of unfair considering she has connections and can call up Mewtwo from Smash Bros.

Nah, the only Pokemon befitting Lucina is Greninja. Because like Greninja, she's in Smash, from a previous "generation" than the current one, and both are ridiculously popular.

Went ahead and burned all my flags (-100 as a test round 1) for Eirika this round. Probably easier to get a higher rank here, and plus this gives 10% more cumulative since I don’t have the matching bonus for the finals. Funnily, Ephraim joined the party many times in a row as the randomly selected (not friendlist) teammate. Helped against all the reds, oneshotting many with Eirika’s buff. Truly a supportive brother.

Feathers so far…

Round 1: 500 (victory) + 800 (rank 30k+ with 11k+ score)
Round 2: 1500 (managed rank 995 with 112k+ score. It seems a few no-flag 110s added up in the end.)
Cumulative (for now): 2200 (rank 6.9k with 124k+ score at last update). Prob drop below 10k rank next round?

For the finals, Lucina is obviously heavily favored by conventional wisdom, but Ephraim may have more dedicated voters that saved flags. They clearly have (had?) a significant amount in reserve given the large immediate response whenever Chrom took a lead, and for the most part were purposely trying to avoid overkill to conserve them. Lucina also spent a lot of flags already, given her total is so high, and casual players that make up the bulk of both armies are less likely to strategically save them. Maybe her side is so big it doesn’t matter though, and it’s worth noting her more hardcore supporters were free to save flags upon seeing the blowouts.

I can just join the winning team tho. Planned.

No fun below

Really though, the whole system is pretty broken with a bit of coordination (or scripts/macros/hacking). New accounts are an endless source of flags, can easily get 100x100 points, and can trivially win games with high level friends due to asymmetrical teams and the matchmaking algorithm (autobattle even). The fact that it can be done means some people will do it, though who knows if it ultimately has any significant impact. In the current system, it’s nontrivial for IS/DeNA to address with minimal backlash (retroactively changing score, false positives, etc). Plus it’s harmless fun and the publicity/hype probably benefits the game so I can’t imagine they care too much.But that’s clearly not paranoid enough. The real conspiracy would be devs rigging it themselves like top arena. Illegal votes, phony numbers, fake news, etc.

Edited by XeKr

Congratulations on winning second place Ephraim! I say second because beating Lucina sounds impossible... Hehe, but I still in his team, just because I know that Lucina have enought support, but I like her too.

I don't have more flags, but well, these fights are fun!

Well, I'm glad to see Ephraim won over Chrom.

However, in the process I did say "screw it" and burnt my entire flag supply, so now I have nothing against Lucina. Then, given how staunch the Chrom supporters are elsewhere (I think Reddit), I don't think many of them may join Team Ephraim at the chance of overthrowing Lucina's Legion. The promise of a "free victory" is too much to pass up I suppose. Then there is the matter of Chrom supporters moving over to support Lucina since she is his daughter.

Either way, the match against Ephraim and Chrom really was a spectacle and I was glad to be a part of it. Now, eyes are focused on taking on the juggernaut Lucina. I wonder if Ephraim will still put on a show, or if he will be a gentleman and let the Lucina win.

Just now, SniperGYS said:

Congratulations on winning second place Ephraim! I say second because beating Lucina sounds impossible... Hehe, but I still in his team, just because I know that Lucina have enought support, but I like her too.

I don't have more flags, but well, these fights are fun!

Well, that and it's impossible to switch if they won.

Eirika put up more of a fight than Sharena did apparently, but I bet we can expect all of the Eirika people to flock to Ephraim? I'm not sure how this will go honestly; I feel like the Lucina camp is a little bit burnt out, but if the Chrom faction joins us, then we're talking.

I saved up 700 flags for final round. And I intend to wipe the Disgusting King out.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I saved up 700 flags for final round. And I intend to wipe the Disgusting King out.

Psh, just be happy that your team has many fanboys/girls that are willing to support the wicked witch of the emblem.

Ephraim is technically a prince. Even so, its not like anyone here is suspecting we have a chance XD

Im only going to do one match in the voting gauntlet and thats it. ill let everyone else get more feathers if they join ephraim. Besides. no use fighting a battle we cant win.

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Psh, just be happy that your team has many fanboys/girls that are willing to support the wicked witch of the emblem.

Ephraim is technically a prince. Even so, its not like anyone here is suspecting we have a chance XD

I was just playing off his title, Restoration King.

3 minutes ago, Thany said:

Im gonna be sad seing a brutally injured eirika from Lucinas defeat DX

I can imagine it now. Lucinas face over a lawbringer from For Honor and Eirikas face over a Nobushi, in a scene where the lawbringer is doing his backbreaker execution.

Edited by Arcanite

16 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I can imagine it now. Lucinas face over a lawbringer from For Honor and Eirikas face over a Nobushi, in a scene where the lawbringer is doing his backbreaker execution.

That game... Should been named No Honor instead. 

If you look at the number of votes so far it seems to be.

1 Lucina
2 Lucina
3 Shareena
4 Eirika

Seems the girls side of the pool was the gauntlet of death (ironically dominated by a single competitor.)

I fear the finals will be rediculously one-sided.

Of course it is

Which is why im only gonna do one match and walk away as it were. No reason to fully invest in a battle you cant win.

Just now, Thany said:

Of course it is

Which is why im only gonna do one match and walk away as it were. No reason to fully invest in a battle you cant win.

I WANT FEATHERS, so I'm throwing everything I have into the final round!  With luck, I'll end up in the top 100,000.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I WANT FEATHERS, so I'm throwing everything I have into the final round!  With luck, I'll end up in the top 100,000.

Oh i encourage those who have feathers left to use em all, i however used all of mine to just beat chrom. So im just gonna hang back with only 110 points.