Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Screenshot_20170309-231051_zpseyd4m5za.p

First I have Ephraim where Julia is there. (Setsuna where Sharena is)

Turns

1) Put Setsuna up there (on top the top wall)... so the thief will hit.

this makes ursula hit the left block and the red cav will drag her ass back cuz she's scare

2) Tharja attack twice on the big axe knight. (use Olivia if needed). Keep enemies off range (espeicially ursula). I moved Setsuna to that left spot. 

now ursula will move to the left block cause she thinks its safe and have a hitting range on tharja. thief top will hit Tharja but she can tank

3) Move Ephraim to hit Ursula (Olivia dance.. since my Ephraim is in the spot where he cannot reach anyone); Setsuna kills Ursula

4) Ephraim vs Soldier chokepoint. nuff said.

I am thinking Setsuna might be at an honourable mention ... at least 4* ... idk about 5*. She's strong enough to kill one thief... Definitely needs heal for the second one. (though .. 5* might be pretty killer ... nino level at least for these thieves)

Edited by Ryuke

22 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Minor correction; I have Adult Tiki, not young Tiki, but IIRC a!Tiki has more defense and possibly bulk so maybe she can make it work... we'll see, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Oh. Adult Tiki doesn't double the Cavalier, though.

25 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Abuse of dancers is essential for these kinds of maps. It's essentially a puzzle of where to put each unit. You need to work it out so that all the buffs and triggers stack up perfectly.

You literally can't have both Hone Attack AND Spur Attack on Cecilia for round 2 if you use her to bait either Thief. EVER.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

44 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Definitely train up F!Robin. Since you have Kagerou, you don't need Cherche to really do anything, but her Fortify Def will let Kagerou survive. If she has Shurikenbreaker and Retribution, you're set. This comp won't really need Olivia, if you mind your positioning. Bait the lower Thief with Kagerou and kill him, then leave and have F!Robin kill Ursula. Kagerou should have Retribution ready, which will one-shot the second Thief when he comes up on turn 3. Have F!Robin chip out the Armor guy a bit, then Young Tiki can swoop him in for the kill. She won't die to the Cavalry, and will likely kill him. Good luck.

Hmmm.... I think Cherche can work, but you might want to have Nowi distract the upper Thief by standing up on the top right next to the wall; he'll gun for her since he does more damage to her, but it shouldn't be enough to kill.

Theorycrafting on paper here, may not work as well in practice: on the first turn, have F!Robin kill Ursula, then I think you might want to just bide your time on turn 2, reposition properly F!Robin, Cherche and someone else (a Sword character, maybe?) to stay out of the lower Thief's range, and see if you can break the left wall. Then on turn 3, the upper Thief should be out of the way, so everyone else can dive in and kill the Armor and the lower Thief. Cherche can tank one hit from the Sword Cavalier without dying, which gives you some extra time.

So basically, Nowi/Cherche/F!Robin/Marth. F!Robin must be either 3 or 4, and Nowi preferably 1.

Why does everyone on this forum love Cecilia so much? She has meh stats in everything except Attack. She can't double anything, gets doubled to oblivion, and doesn't take hits too well in either spectrum, and is generally just hard to use. She does have good movement with being mounted and Escape Route, but there are very few situations she can both win the engagement and reach Escape Route health range.

On this map, even at 5* +Def, she takes 8x2 from one of these ninjas, then has to eat the Savage Blow chip damage because she can't kill them, so basically 23 damage total in one engagement. She does absolutely crap damage back. You need to reach at least 48 Attack to just 2RKO those Thieves. That requires +Atk Boon AND both a Spur and a Hone/Rally if you're 4* (most likely), or a 5* Cecilia, who still needs the support. With how cramped the map is, and how the Thieves are positioned, you won't have enough space to give her both a Hone and a Spur on the second round, which means realistically you're never 2RKOing. That's awful. You're better off having someone who's tanky but can actually kill these dudes just eat the Daggers for now.

Minor nitpick, the attacked unit doesn't receive Savage Blow dmg.

@Elieson Depending on the IVs of your Nowi, you might be able to pull this off with a team of Frederick, F!Robin, and Olivia. All Nowi needs to do is to be able to tank one dagger, and one hit from the red cavalier, and a savage blow. 

Edited by Kiran

9 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Minor nitpick, the attacked unit doesn't receive Savage Blow dmg.

Okay, that's much better. 16 for the best case scenario still sucks, but at least it's not 23. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Nowi is -Def/+Res @Kiran, giving her 45/45/27/30/30 hp/atk/spd/def/res. 

The Thief will do 19x2 to Nowi, which leaves her with 7 HP. The Cavalier will do 10...

All 5* Manaketes can survive one round with those Thieves, but really not much else, so I think Nowi in particular will only be good for baiting that one upper Thief, or killing the Cavalier during clean-up.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Oh. Am I f$%^ed then?

Well, no. Since you have the tools to kill the Thieves and Ursula, Tiki is just there to bait the Cavalier and Armor. She won't take much damage from the Cav, it's just that he won't immediately die on her, which doesn't matter that much, since he doesn't have Lunge or anything crazy like that.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Hey all,

I'm trying to finish a lunatic run of this map, but I'm having trouble beating it. Currently went through four stamina potions and desperate.

My current team is:

Setsuna (Hp38, Atk27, Spd33, Def20, Res19) at level 36, 4 star

Olivia (Hp30, Atk33, Spd26, Def19, Res20) at level 35, 3 star, have a 4 star ready though underleveled

Caeda (Hp33, Atk37, Spd37, Def28, Res34) at max level

and Catria (Hp39, Atk45, Spd34, Def25, Res25) at max level.

I have attempted this team with two stamina potions but didn't get close to beating it. Caeda takes very little damage from the Poison Dagger + thieves, but when Ursula and the sword knight busts through the wall like the Kool-Aid man, it all goes to hell.

I have a 4 star level 22 Sheena, 4 star nowi (max level with Hp39, Atk39, Spd27, Def30, Res24), and Dragon Scion Tiki (Hp41, Atk46, Spd30, Def35, Res25 at max level). I'm planning on bringing a 4 star Nino once I train her a bit more since my 4 star Merric couldn't come close to ORKO Ursula. I also have a 4 star Kagero, but from previous attempts and her boon/bane (Hp 29, Atk35, Spd33, Def17, Res25) limits her effectiveness. I also have M. Robin (4 star, Hp37, Atk34, Spd27, Def23, Res23), but I don't know what I can do with him. I might try using Beruka for tanking hits, but she is going to get doubled with 16 Spd. I'm planning on replacing Olivia with Wrys for healing, but I don't think this will give me the edge I need.

Could anyone give me any advice? I can upload a photo of other units I have ready.

11 minutes ago, Slimey said:

Hey all,

I'm trying to finish a lunatic run of this map, but I'm having trouble beating it. Currently went through four stamina potions and desperate.

My current team is:

Olivia (Hp30, Atk33, Spd26, Def19, Res20) at level 35, 3 star, have a 4 star ready though underleveled

I have attempted this team with two stamina potions but didn't get close to beating it. Caeda takes very little damage from the Poison Dagger + thieves, but when Ursula and the sword knight busts through the wall like the Kool-Aid man, it all goes to hell.

I have a 4 star level 22 Sheena, 4 star nowi (max level with Hp39, Atk39, Spd27, Def30, Res24), and Dragon Scion Tiki (Hp41, Atk46, Spd30, Def35, Res25 at max level). I'm planning on bringing a 4 star Nino once I train her a bit more since my 4 star Merric couldn't come close to ORKO Ursula. I also have a 4 star Kagero, but from previous attempts and her boon/bane (Hp 29, Atk35, Spd33, Def17, Res25) limits her effectiveness. I also have M. Robin (4 star, Hp37, Atk34, Spd27, Def23, Res23), but I don't know what I can do with him. I might try using Beruka for tanking hits, but she is going to get doubled with 16 Spd. I'm planning on replacing Olivia with Wrys for healing, but I don't think this will give me the edge I need.

Could anyone give me any advice? I can upload a photo of other units I have ready.

Does Olivia have hones atk +4...

I dont know man.. if you are aiming lunatic w/o any 5 stars... then I really suggest getting all your 4* to level 40 is the best option. (If you are willing to grind for 2 days)

In terms of 4*

Kagero = Nino > Setsuna/Caeda > Olivia (if she has hones atk+4 ... its all you need + dance)

Since Nino can get rid of Ursula and Knight

Caeda/Catria helps for the Cav -- whos ever is better

Kagero and Setsuna helps for the thieves

Also: Satsuma (I dont want to mention since its a small detail) : Tharja can handle thieves provided you place on the defensive end and not get double.. since Tharja is fast

Edited by Ryuke

5 minutes ago, Slimey said:

Hey all,

My current team is:

I think Catria won't be helping out too much here. Nino can deal with Ursula, then Caeda can deal with the Armor Knight. I think a healer is what you need, as that lets Setsuna kill both Thieves.

The Ursula portrayed in Heroes seems much different than the one in Blazing Sword.  Here, her art and quotes seem to be a more "Camilla-Tharja" with a pinch more crazy thrown in, than the cold henchmage we got in FE7.

10 hours ago, Raven said:

Holy shit I actually fucking did it.

5* Lv40 Tharja, 4* Lv35 Clarine, 5* Lv40 Camilla, 4* Lv22 Olivia.

RieWzKY.jpg

Most of this strat is already mentioned earlier by @kickthecommie. Just a few different units and a different ending.

1. Move Camilla to Ursula range. Have Tharja set up ready/in range to hit the armour when he moves down.
2. Tharja kills the armour with Olivia's Dance giving her the second turn needed.
3. Camilla kills the lone ninja up top. Keeping Olivia and Clarine out of range is advised.
4. Next enemy phase, Ursula will come past the broken wall to attack Tharja. She survives.
5. Ursula is now dead by Camilla.
6. Tharja will step on Ursula's final resting place to take out the ninja who injured himself due to using Reciprocal Aid on Ursula after her attack from Tharja in the previous turn.
7. Move Clarine towards Tharja, heal her for shits n giggles if you want.
8. Have Olivia Dance for Clarine, and move Clarine in front of Tharja (heal Tharja again because why not?), blocking the red cav from killing Tharja.
9. Now Tharja attacks the red cav, gets Danced, and will finish the red cav with a final round of attacks.

This took way too much stamina.

Tyvm,

This strategy worked for me. Was struggling with the ninja @ the bottom of the map =D.

Used: Tharja, Elise, Camilla & Azura

Edited by Armend

4 hours ago, Elieson said:

I made a little graph

816ea798ba.png

Seems legit.  Most of the Lunatic success posts are "I used Hector..."

3* Ursula can rot on the bench for all I care.  More P2W and RNG nonsense.  At least it gave me something to use my wasted stamina on...

Just now, Eselred said:

3* Ursula can rot on the bench for all I care.  More P2W and RNG nonsense.  At least it gave me something to use my wasted stamina on...

If nothing else, she's Death Blow tribute material for Inheritance?

Just now, Elieson said:

If nothing else, she's Death Blow tribute material for Inheritance?

IDK...I'm hesitant to get rid of any of the Grand Battle characters because (as of right now) there is no other way to get them again.

Ursula will be much like Narcian.  Not worth the effort, but at least I have one if I feel like using the character.

4 hours ago, Elieson said:

I made a little graph

816ea798ba.png

best to replace Cecilia with FRobin.

My Cecilia got rolftromp by the other mage with Gronn (love her though... but come on)

Just now, Eselred said:

IDK...I'm hesitant to get rid of any of the Grand Battle characters because (as of right now) there is no other way to get them again.

Ursula will be much like Narcian.  Not worth the effort, but at least I have one if I feel like using the character.

Yeah, I kind of regret releasing my 2* Narcian.  I've got the 3* version, but who knows if having the extra would have come in handy?

1 minute ago, Eselred said:

99.999% she;s the  next Arena material bonus.

if you care enough, that is.

PS: So far grand hero isnt P2W.. but G2W.

1 minute ago, Eselred said:

Same here...which is why I want to recruit both of them!

Narcian's a pretty alright Lancebeater, fun for going against Ephraims/Effies/Sharenas that fill the arena...he just isn't multiporpouise.

Ursula's not the best Horsebeater from what I gather, since other Mages tend to do her job but have much more utility

14 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Same here...which is why I want to recruit both of them!

Narcian's a pretty alright Lancebeater, fun for going against Ephraims/Effies/Sharenas that fill the arena...he just isn't multiporpouise.

Ursula's not the best Horsebeater from what I gather, since other Mages tend to do her job but have much more utility

I've 5 starred her, and so far she seems... pretty good? It's really hard to tell. She's slaughtering everything in the training tower, but, so does every other 5 star...

The deathblow/seal resist combo is very effective. That's all I've got to say so far.

Edited by dragonlordsd