Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

Beat Ursula after a careful look at my units. I went with a full Awakening team. M!Robin, F!Robin, Frederick, and Olivia pulled me through. Frederick was only lv 32 but he only needed to deal with the top dagger-unit so it was all good. I have yet to complete a single grand hero battle without trusty Olivia. 

Edited by Kiran

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta admit, this Grand Hero Battle is insane. Took about 5 bottles of stamina potions to complete :wacko:

But what really did me well was this team (Lol at Eldigan's hp!)

Tried lots of combinations and I really can't believe this one worked, particularly Gunter's use! He tanked all those ninja while Eldie and Reinhardt took 'em out. Looks like the old man still got his charms. Eldigan sure is a key player here because of his damage, and due to his lunge, he always stays out of Ursula's range. Reinhardt was also exceptional on keeping his horse buddies buffed. And, well, Azura's there to do her part, which was very crucial to the team's positioning. After a few bottles and headaches finally got this one figured out! How's everyone doing so far? :)

(Dunno where to put this but Hi! I'm new here at the forums! It's really nice to be a part of this community. Looking forward to have a fun experience with you all! :^_^:)

Edited by Lucıůs

4 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

Gotta admit, this Grand Hero Battle is insane. Took about 5 bottles of stamina potions to complete :wacko:

But what really did me well was this team (Lol at Eldigan's hp!)

Tried lots of combinations and I really can't believe this one worked, particularly Gunter's use! He tanked all those ninja while Eldie and Reinhardt took 'em out. Looks like the old man still got his charms. Eldigan sure is a key player here because of his damage, and due to his lunge, he always stays out of Ursula's range. Reinhardt was also exceptional on keeping his horse buddies buffed. And, well, Azura's there to do her part, which was very crucial to the team's positioning. After a few bottles and headaches finally got this one figured out! How's everyone doing so far? :)

(Dunno where to put this but Hi! I'm new here at the forums! It's really nice to be a part of this community. Looking forward to have a fun experience with you all! :^_^:)

Congrats! I would have thought it would be better not to take horse units to this battle because of Ursula's effectiveness against them, but it seems you just proved me wrong! xD

(There's an introduction thread if you go to the main forum page if you want to introduce yourself proper =). Anyway, glad to have you, hope you'll enjoy it here! P.S. I'm a bit jealous of your Azura >.<)

Edited by Birdy

I did it!! Finally beat Lunatic after 3 stamina bottles and a lot of tries whit this team! 4* Lissa (25), 4* F robin (40), 4* Effie(40), 3* Olivia (23)

Kill ursula in turn 1 with F Robin,

tank bottom dagger with effie

Chip away at armored knight with F robin + Dance to get her out of 2nd dagger

Kill armored knight with F Robin + dance and the rest is up to effie +lissa dance combo!

Screenshot_20170310-113146.jpg

Edited by RipTide

12 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Congrats! I would have thought it would be better not to take horse units to this battle because of Ursula's effectiveness against them, but it seems you just proved me wrong! xD

(There's an introduction thread if you go to the main forum page if you want to introduce yourself proper =). Anyway, glad to have you, hope you'll enjoy it here! P.S. I'm a bit jealous of your Azura >.<)

Thank you! I was hesitant on bringing cavalries as well! But I found out my infantry would always get wrecked by the ninjas, which was kind of disappointing because I thought Nino would be really great in this map so I 5☆ed her.

Oh and thanks for the directions, I'll be sure to make an introduction soon! Ahh yes, Azura is my precious gem. When I summoned her, my friend was all hysterical because he said Azura is super duper helpful. And ever since then, Azura has always been a staple in my team. :lol:

So, Intelligent Systems decided to release a Gran Hero Battle when my team is massively underleveled. After barely getting to decent levels and trial and error I beated this map on hard. 

Screenshot_2017-03-10-09-32-49.thumb.png.0fba9c4370efa26f73301d0fb54b42d5.png

I moved Nino to the space between the ninjas attack zone and boosted her attack with Sharena. I used Azura to move Sharena above and boosted Nino's resistance with Cecilia. Enemy phase Nino 2HKOs Ursula (funny because she can't in FE7) and Cecilia eats a ninja attack, who received a defense boost from Sharena at the beggining. I didn't place Cecilia in the corner because the the horse dude does a nasty pull combo I cannot counter.

Screenshot_2017-03-10-09-43-56.thumb.png.865923f3822f0bf2d0649be93a74449a.png

Next turn I use Cecilia to trigger the knight's Aegis and I move Nino to safety. Enemy phase the 2nd ninja attacks Cecilia and she survives thanks to Sharena. 

Screenshot_2017-03-10-09-44-40.thumb.png.0eeae1619acd08a056b16ed299cd13ba.png

Next I use Nino to 2HKO the knight and I use Azura to get Nino to safety. I move Cecilia to avoid the horse dude and Sharena boosts Azura from her safe spot. Enemy phase the horse dude dies to Azura's Sapphire Lance.

Screenshot_2017-03-10-09-50-32.thumb.png.3d0a979b7f8b7f754eb118ab1375e8ec.png

Next turn I did a wrong move in a lame attempt to wall the ninjas with Cecilia. For reasons I cannot comprehend (different weapon?), the ninja from above attacked Sharena, who survived. The ninja below almost kills Cecilia. By that cheap ranged skill my units got chipped to death % (not that it matters because all of them could get OHKO'd anyways). I my next turn Sharena and Azura ganged up on the healthy ninja, and thanks to Cecilia's blessed skill she could move to complete safety to avoid being killed by 9 HP Ninja.  

Screenshot_2017-03-10-09-51-09.thumb.png.3a6afb7e9f04cd7a01b5662cd559283b.png

Sharena kills the ninja and I win. 

I give this map credit that it made me think my strategy instead of beating it by dumb luck like Narcian and F!Robin. The ninjas are cheap, they counterpick almost any character you have. Cecilia was a life saver, I don't have F!Robin because I rerolled (not that she was useful for this map to begin with) and I have no Effie, Takumi or Hector because the RNG is a swine. I won't beat it in Lunatic because my units are too weak for it, and Ursula is totally low tier. 

Edited by L9999

1 hour ago, Elieson said:
  Hide contents

652dddeed1.png
cf9cd0f569.png
f15fab0953.png

Ok. I'm genuinely struggling here. F!Robin's strong enough to OHKO Ursula at 3* Lv 40, so I'm bringing her, but the rest of this is proving to be a struggle. Right now, I'm trying to burst up Cherche (+Def/-HP) so she at 4* can tank the Poison Dagger chumps and use her Hammer on AxeKnight, leaving hopefully the SwordCav as the only struggle to overcome. Any thoughts on what I can utilize here?

Umm without training.... how about Seliph/Eirika, Nowi, Julia/F* Robin/Merric, Olivia.

Theoretically with Rally Speed you should be able to have Julia double Ursula, then Nowi kill the Horse, Not sure if Nowi can tank the Ninja but with rally speed mabye she can. Julia may be be more useful here because of healing ulitily. Eirika buffs could also serve the same purpose as Seliph mabye use her instead. Merric can also tank a hit from Kagero so he may be useful.

With Training, Cherche or Shanna are your best bets.

Edited by Locke087

2 minutes ago, Locke087 said:

Umm without training.... how about Seliph/Eirika, Nowi, Julia/F* Robin/Merric, Olivia 

Theoretically with Rally Speed you should be able to have Julia double Ursula, then Nowi kill the Horse, Not sure if Nowi can tank the Ninja but with rally speed mabye she can. Julia may be be more useful here because of healing ulitily. Eirika buffs could also serve the same  purpose as Seliph mabye use her instead. Merric can also tank a hit from Kagero so he may be useful.

With Training, Cherche or Shanna are your best bets.

All of the 40s get decimated by the Poison Daggers and I can't keep up. The speed isn't quite enough...I might be able to use Merric, but he hits back for 2 damage plus has low Res when dealing with Ursula. It's scary; gonna keep training Cherche. Conveniently, I've thrown Shanna into Cherche's little training squad so they'll both grow together

3 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Just 5 starred Ursula.

Base stats at 5 star are:

Hp: 16

Att: 13

Spd: 8

Def: 4

Res: 8

Not sure of boon bane yet, but I think mine's +Att -Def. I think. Maybe.

All Ursulas are Neutral/Neutral, as are all Grand Hero Battle units, fyi

4 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Just 5 starred Ursula.

Base stats at 5 star are:

Hp: 16

Att: 13

Spd: 8

Def: 4

Res: 8

Not sure of boon bane yet, but I think mine's +Att -Def. I think. Maybe.

Any unit you get that's not from any gacha has only neutral IVs. This includes those obtained by Grand Hero Battles and Hero Battles.

@Elieson Catria or MRob, maybe? Cat's def isn't great but she does have that -atk thing for future rounds and I think she can keep alive with a healer, and MRob has wta over the poison daggers to mitigate some damage (also he can counter them). Axe armor isn't too big of a deal if you don't get anyone else below 50 before you kill him. I don't know how much FRob does against him, but Nino was able to do so in 2 rounds and stay out of danger with olivia support.

7 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

@Elieson Catria or MRob, maybe? Cat's def isn't great but she does have that -atk thing for future rounds and I think she can keep alive with a healer, and MRob has wta over the poison daggers to mitigate some damage (also he can counter them). Axe armor isn't too big of a deal if you don't get anyone else below 50 before you kill him. I don't know how much FRob does against him, but Nino was able to do so in 2 rounds and stay out of danger with olivia support.

F!Robin needs 2 rounds to kill the axe knight (I ran Olivia, Lissa, F!Robin, and Effie; all lv. 40 4-stars). While F!Robin was in range of the north ninja, the axe knight's position prevents the AI from using the ninja to attack Robin and makes said ninja attack Effie instead.

Edited by Roflolxp54

19 minutes ago, Elieson said:

All of the 40s get decimated by the Poison Daggers and I can't keep up. The speed isn't quite enough...I might be able to use Merric, but he hits back for 2 damage plus has low Res when dealing with Ursula. It's scary; gonna keep training Cherche. Conveniently, I've thrown Shanna into Cherche's little training squad so they'll both grow together

Welp that's sucks suppose it's time to power level those two units.  Sometimes in this game the only solution is grinding sadly. Setsuna and M Robin could also be useful but I don't think you have enough time to train them to a high enough level  unless you have ton of crystals.

Edited by Locke087

Beat both difficulties.

Hard was easy but I did a misstep lol.

Lunatic was harder and required more strat. My team of 5* didn't do it and I made it with the following team:

5* lv. 40 Klein +Atk -Def

3* Olivia (Req. Dance and Hone Atk 2)

5* lv. 40 Effie +Atk -Def

4* Wrys (Req. Rehabilitate)

Team order is as above and strat was more or less like this:

1. Effie moves down to lure the ninja, Klein moves to Effie's spot, gets danced and goes adjacent to Effie, in Ursula's range. Ninja attacks Effie and Savage Blows, Ursula attacks Klein and he Quick Ripostes her for 25*2 dmg (atk boon and hone atk needed) for a clean kill. Cav draws back ninja, axe moves down and upper ninja moves adjacent to axe knight.

2. Klein moves tile north of Effie and quads the knight, leaving it alive, Olivia dances and Klein moves up from Olivia. Effie waits and Wrys heals Effie. Ninjas attack Effie, one is drawn back by the cav, knight stays still.

3. Klein Glacies knight and kills him, gets danced and retreats back to Olivia, Effie hits the ninja adjacent to the knight. Ninja below broken wall moves and attacks Effie, then is Drawn back. Ninja injured moves to the stairs and attacks Effie.

4. Klein snipes injured Ninja, Effie breaks a wall and opens the path. Cav and ninja attack Effie, she tanks.

5. Effie finishes off cav. Ninja attacks.

6. Effie attacks ninja, Klein kills him.

Reward: 4* Ursula

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Young tiki would definitely be a lot better for the ax guy. As long as you can kill Ursula first, and manage the Daggers your tiki won't be an issue. Especially if she's plus defense but if she's negative then you're probably better of with Ephraim. 

Ooh, I think I almost have it.

Swapped Ephraim for 4* Cherche who I used to distract the north Ninja. Almost KO'd the Cav but forgot to dance Kagero....

10 hours ago, Hardy said:

Stop struggling Ursula, we're on the same team. This Lunatic battle cost me about 3-4 stam bottles with this infantry team

Hint: Ninjas love Tiki, they spare the other units even in their range.

17238828_660059354181624_1521144876_n.jpg

How did you kill the bottom ninja before getting Sharena killed?

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

Haaa shit. I have a 4* Kagero who's HP+/Def-, only about 10k feathers, and only 3* f!Robin (is there even time to train her up before the event is over?? IDK man)

Otherwise I have 4* Cherche and 5* a!Tiki so I guess that's my best squad for dealing with this if I can train up f!Robin in time....?? IDK man any recommendations here?

EDIT: Also Olivia, so... Cherche / Tiki / Kagero / Olivia....?? or would f!Robin be worth using in place of one of them?

Definitely train up F!Robin. Since you have Kagerou, you don't need Cherche to really do anything, but her Fortify Def will let Kagerou survive. If she has Shurikenbreaker and Retribution, you're set. This comp won't really need Olivia, if you mind your positioning. Bait the lower Thief with Kagerou and kill him, then leave and have F!Robin kill Ursula. Kagerou should have Retribution ready, which will one-shot the second Thief when he comes up on turn 3. Have F!Robin chip out the Armor guy a bit, then Young Tiki can swoop him in for the kill. She won't die to the Cavalry, and will likely kill him. Good luck.

1 hour ago, Elieson said:
  Reveal hidden contents

652dddeed1.png
cf9cd0f569.png
f15fab0953.png

Ok. I'm genuinely struggling here. F!Robin's strong enough to OHKO Ursula at 3* Lv 40, so I'm bringing her, but the rest of this is proving to be a struggle. Right now, I'm trying to burst up Cherche (+Def/-HP) so she at 4* can tank the Poison Dagger chumps and use her Hammer on AxeKnight, leaving hopefully the SwordCav as the only struggle to overcome. Any thoughts on what I can utilize here?

Hmmm.... I think Cherche can work, but you might want to have Nowi distract the upper Thief by standing up on the top right next to the wall; he'll gun for her since he does more damage to her, but it shouldn't be enough to kill.

Theorycrafting on paper here, may not work as well in practice: on the first turn, have F!Robin kill Ursula, then I think you might want to just bide your time on turn 2, reposition properly F!Robin, Cherche and someone else (a Sword character, maybe?) to stay out of the lower Thief's range, and see if you can break the left wall. Then on turn 3, the upper Thief should be out of the way, so everyone else can dive in and kill the Armor and the lower Thief. Cherche can tank one hit from the Sword Cavalier without dying, which gives you some extra time.

So basically, Nowi/Cherche/F!Robin/Marth. F!Robin must be either 3 or 4, and Nowi preferably 1.

2 hours ago, Elieson said:

I made a little graph

816ea798ba.png

Why does everyone on this forum love Cecilia so much? She has meh stats in everything except Attack. She can't double anything, gets doubled to oblivion, and doesn't take hits too well in either spectrum, and is generally just hard to use. She does have good movement with being mounted and Escape Route, but there are very few situations she can both win the engagement and reach Escape Route health range.

On this map, even at 5* +Def, she takes 8x2 from one of these ninjas, then has to eat the Savage Blow chip damage because she can't kill them, so basically 23 damage total in one engagement. She does absolutely crap damage back. You need to reach at least 48 Attack to just 2RKO those Thieves. That requires +Atk Boon AND both a Spur and a Hone/Rally if you're 4* (most likely), or a 5* Cecilia, who still needs the support. With how cramped the map is, and how the Thieves are positioned, you won't have enough space to give her both a Hone and a Spur on the second round, which means realistically you're never 2RKOing. That's awful. You're better off having someone who's tanky but can actually kill these dudes just eat the Daggers for now.

This hero battle is surprisingly easy even for Lunatic

@SatsumaFSoysoy You should include Effie, Setsuna, Nino and Felicia since they are goto for the W

Okay...

For Lunatic. My team of 5* didnt work... but that being said. Dont sleep on your 4*

Team: 5* Ephraim, 4* Setsuna(she's the killer for a reason), 5* Tharja, 4* Olivia (all level 40 except Olivia)

Turns (added more details)

1) Put Setsuna up there (on top the top wall)... so the thief will hit.

this makes ursula hit the left block and the red cav will drag her ass back cuz she's scare

2) Tharja attack twice on the big axe knight. (use Olivia if needed). Keep enemies off range (espeicially ursula). I moved Setsuna to that left spot. 

now ursula will move to the left block cause she thinks its safe and have a hitting range on tharja. thieve top will hit Tharja but she can tank

3) Move Ephraim to hit Ursula (Olivia dance.. since my Ephraim is in the spot where he cannot reach anyone); Setsuna kills Ursula

4) Ephraim vs Soldier chokepoint. nuff said.

That said... 4* 40 Cecilia didnt help at all.. other than getting trample by Ursula despite having color advantage. (Cecilia is really helpful for the thieves... but sadly... Ursula and thieves are the problem)

Edited by Ryuke

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Why does everyone on this forum love Cecilia so much?

She just has an effective wpn against the Ninjas and color adv against Cecilia, w/ decent res and is a Horse so not terribly threatened on this map.

That and she's not bad, she's just not great. Arguably, M!Robin doesn't have great stats either but people fawn over him!

40 minutes ago, Elieson said:

All Ursulas are Neutral/Neutral, as are all Grand Hero Battle units, fyi

Really? Huh. I had no idea. Good to know.

Will post 40 stats at some point, to see if there are any discrepancies with the datamined results.

What makes Hector so freaking ridiculous is that his armored status means that neither of the Theives do ANY damage against him, while he just one shots them both.

Edited by dragonlordsd

2 hours ago, Elieson said:
  Reveal hidden contents

652dddeed1.png
cf9cd0f569.png
f15fab0953.png

Lv. 40 Sharena survives Ursula and the Red Cav with 9 HP, and ORKO's the Cav when he attacks. She'll hit Ursula for 29 iirc (total side note, if 5* Sharena lives with 9 HP, 4* could probably work too). How fast can you train her up (I'm assuming that since you 5*'d her you were planning on doing it eventually anyways =P)? Between her and Cherche you should be alright, probably have Julia and maybe Olivia tag along?

That'd be my first guess, though you might want/need Setsuna, now that I think about it. The strat I ran killed the bottom Thief when he engaged, leaving the Cavs to advance/break walls. If the Thief is just baited by Cherche and lives, the Red Cav might Draw him back instead of...whatever he was going to do, which would...well, it'd make things less predictable, to say the least. Setsuna will need 50 combined HP/Def to survive a Thief (46, assuming Sharena's got Fortify Def 3) and 36 Atk to ORKO one (32 with Sharena Rally). Now the tricky bit is, I think you'll also need Julia's HP + Setsuna's Def to be at least 46 (I don't think that's a problem at all). In that case, I think you'd be doing something along the lines of...

Team: Olivia, Sharena, Julia, Setsuna (in that order). Now, I'm running this down in my head, using the run I did as something of a blueprint, so take it with a grain of salt (and definitely stop reading now if you want to get it down on your own) but I think it'd go something like:

1. Setup & stuff, if necessary. Edit: probably not necessary, since I actively tried to get the team order right from the start...not sure what I was thinking when I typed that one.

2. Move Setsuna into the range of the bottom Thief. There's a tile on the left edge adjacent to wherever you stuck her. Put Sharena there and have her Rally Setsuna (assuming she doesn't hit 36 Atk without it, and even if she does, you'll still want Sharena to be there). Leave the other two where they are. Thief kills himself on Setsuna, and Cavs advance, breaking at least one wall. Stuff happens at the top (no duh lol).

3. Sharena Rallies Setsuna from where she is (same assumption on her Atk as above). Setsuna moves up two spots and swaps HP with Julia. Olivia dances Setsuna, who moves up 2 more spaces into the other Thief's range. Julia moves into the spot Setsuna just left. The other Thief will kill himself on Setsuna, Red Cav kills himself on Sharena, Ursula chips but won't kill Sharena.

4. Julia takes down Ursula with Dance support, or have Sharena help out, but make sure to Dance her so she doesn't get Axed.

5. Julia drops the Knight, possibly with Sharena Rally & Olivia Dance assistance.

Edited by LordFrigid

7 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

This hero battle is surprisingly easy even for Lunatic

@SatsumaFSoysoy You should include Effie, Setsuna, Nino and Felicia since they are goto for the W

Okay...

For Lunatic. My team of 5* didnt work... but that being said. Dont sleep on your 4*

Team: 5* Ephraim, 4* Setsuna(she's the killer for a reason), 5* Tharja, 4* Olivia (all level 40 except Olivia)

Turn

1) Put Setsuna up there... so the thief will hit. (With Olivia boost.. the thief will die)

2) Tharja attack twice on the big axe knight.

3) Move Ephraim to hit Ursula (Olivia dance.. since my Ephraim is in the spot where he cannot reach anyone)

4) Setsuna kills Ursula

4e) That soldier will kill himself on Ephraim. Or almost. The thief will hit Tharja but she will tank one hit.

5) GAME OVER you win.

Effie and Nino are already there. Felicia takes a crap ton of damage from the Poison Daggers, and doesn't hit back for much.  Anyone who does not at least 2RKO a Thief is out of the question. I forgot to add Setsuna, though, will do that.

How did Ephraim hit Ursula? DId someone else have to take a hit first?

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

She just has an effective wpn against the Ninjas and color adv against Cecilia, w/ decent res and is a Horse so not terribly threatened on this map.

That and she's not bad, she's just not great. Arguably, M!Robin doesn't have great stats either but people fawn over him!

M!Robin isn't that great either, he's just more usable since his defensive stats and Speed are better for baiting Colorless, and the fact the he's Blue means he trumps the ubiquitous Reds.

She has weapon advantage, but I already did the math above, and she's terrible at tanking the hits and killing the Thieves.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

M!Robin isn't that great either, he's just more usable since his defensive stats and Speed are better for baiting Colorless, and the fact the he's Blue means he trumps the ubiquitous Reds.

She has weapon advantage, but I already did the math above, and she's terrible at tanking the hits and killing the Thieves.

Abuse of dancers is essential for these kinds of maps. It's essentially a puzzle of where to put each unit. You need to work it out so that all the buffs and triggers stack up perfectly.

20 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Definitely train up F!Robin. Since you have Kagerou, you don't need Cherche to really do anything, but her Fortify Def will let Kagerou survive. If she has Shurikenbreaker and Retribution, you're set. This comp won't really need Olivia, if you mind your positioning. Bait the lower Thief with Kagerou and kill him, then leave and have F!Robin kill Ursula. Kagerou should have Retribution ready, which will one-shot the second Thief when he comes up on turn 3. Have F!Robin chip out the Armor guy a bit, then Young Tiki can swoop him in for the kill. She won't die to the Cavalry, and will likely kill him. Good luck.

Minor correction; I have Adult Tiki, not young Tiki, but IIRC a!Tiki has more defense and possibly bulk so maybe she can make it work... we'll see, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!