Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

....Yo could Desperation be enough to save a Speed- Robin? (boon is Defense) I typically use him to tank a round of Takumi with my first move whenever possible so I'm thinking maybe that could be enough to save him...?? Or am I misinterpreting the skill and Desperation relies on the unit's speed to be able to double?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Desperation doesn't make you double, you still need to be able to double naturally, yeah. All it does is that it lets you get both hits off before your opponent's counter attack, IF you could double in the first place.

I'd just give him a quick riposte instead, double Tak on enemy phase, and you can ding him once on your turn if somehow Tak can survive 2 hits.

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by DehNutCase

18 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

....Yo could Desperation be enough to save a Speed- Robin? (boon is Defense) I typically use him to tank a round of Takumi with my first move whenever possible so I'm thinking maybe that could be enough to save him...?? Or am I misinterpreting the skill and Desperation relies on the unit's speed to be able to double?

Desperation doesn't activate unless you already naturally double attack. If you need a guaranteed double attack at low health, that's Brash Assault, but the second attack won't be immediate. If you need a guaranteed double attack on counterattack, that's Quick Riposte.

Edited by Ice Dragon

18 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

It makes doubles work like a Brave weapon if unit CAN double in the first place. So no, Desperation won't help him. If you use him to tank Takumi's first hit, it's a better idea to give him Quick Riposte instead (guaranteed double on counter attack above 90%/80%/70% HP).

EDIT: Ninja'd TWICE.

Edited by Kruggov

16 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I have a desperation M!Robin at the moment (Desperation 2 to be precise as 3 is pointless with his standard Speed, and I'm giving Quick Riposte to Nowi first) and I love it when his Defiant Speed is procced, but a -Speed makes it rather weak imo, which is already debateable in general on a low speed unit. Desperation is for fast units that don't die in one hit. I wouldn't try to save a -Spd Robin with it, personally.

I know I have some plans for skill inheritance.

Proc skills for Nino and Olivia (don't know which to use, though)

Once I get more Sheenas I'll have F!Corrin and Cordelia inherit her skill that negates weaknesses so that F!Corrin can still tank even if there's a Marth, Chrom, or Lucina around and so that Cordelia isn't quite as allergic to Takumis.

Going to definitely vouch for running Quick Riposte. Even just the first rank is enough. I run a -Spd M!Robin +0 because that's all I've got and Quick Riposte actually allowed him to win against a pretty nasty piece of work tonight: Takumi +10 with L&D 3 and Brave Bow+ (and Bowbreaker, for some reason). Still just about died (2 HP left), but then Robin turned around and put his ugly ass in its place.

So I'm debating which skill I should pass on to a few of my units and I'd like a second opinion.

- 5* Camilla: For her I'm just trying to find a decent passive B skill. Right now I'm stuck between giving her Axebreaker 3 from my 4* Laslow, Drag Back from a spare 3* Donnel + Reciprocal Aid, Brash Assault 3 from a 4* Bartre, or spending some feathers on a 3* Arthur to get him to 4* for Lancebreaker 2 + Swap or a 3* Saizo to 4* for Poison Strike 3.

- 4* Stahl: Trying to decide on an active skill like Pavise from a currently 3* Hinata that I'd have to promote or Ignis from a currently 3* Henry that would need to be promoted.

- 4* Ursula: Also trying to decide on a passive B skill for her with the same possible choices for Camilla except with getting Swordbreaker 2 from a 3* Sully that I'd have to promote.

Right now I have two main teams that I'm using with them being in the spoiler to save space.

Spoiler

Primary Team:

1. 5* Camilla

Weapon: B. Axe+

(None)

Active Skill: Draconic Aura

A) Darting Blow 3

B) (None)

C) Savage Blow 3

2. 5* Ephraim

Weapon: Siegmund

Draw Back (Eventually)

Active Skill: Moonbow 

A) Defiant Defense 1 -> 3 (One day)

B) Swordbreaker 1 -> 2

C) Threaten Defense 3

3. 5* Lyn

Weapon: Sol Katti

(None)

Active Skill: Astra

A) Defiant Attack 3

B) Vantage 1-> 3 (Again, eventually)

C) Spur Speed 3

4. 5* Marth

Weapon: Falchion

Pivot

Active Skill: Dragon Gaze

A) (None)

B) Escape Route 3

C) Spur Speed 3

Spoiler

Secondary Team:

1. 5* Abel

Weapon: B. Lance+

(None)

Active Skill: Aegis

A) HP +5

B) Swordbreaker 3

C) Fortify Calvary

2. 4* Ursula

Weapon: Blárblade

(None)

Active Skill: New Moon-> Moonbow

A) Death Blow 2

B) (None)

C) Threaten Resistance 2

3. 4* Stahl

Weapon: Ruby Sword

Swap

Active Skill: (None)

A) Defense +3

B) Obstruct 2

C) Hone Calvary

4. 4* Cecilia

Weapon: Gronnraven

Rally Resistance

Active Skill: Chilling Wind-> Glacies

A) Attack +2

B) Escape Route 3

C) Breath of Life 1-> 3 (One day)

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks.

16 minutes ago, WyvernNinja said:

So I'm debating which skill I should pass on to a few of my units and I'd like a second opinion.

- 5* Camilla: For her I'm just trying to find a decent passive B skill. Right now I'm stuck between giving her Axebreaker 3 from my 4* Laslow, Drag Back from a spare 3* Donnel + Reciprocal Aid, Brash Assault 3 from a 4* Bartre, or spending some feathers on a 3* Arthur to get him to 4* for Lancebreaker 2 + Swap or a 3* Saizo to 4* for Poison Strike 3.

- 4* Stahl: Trying to decide on an active skill like Pavise from a currently 3* Hinata that I'd have to promote or Ignis from a currently 3* Henry that would need to be promoted.

- 4* Ursula: Also trying to decide on a passive B skill for her with the same possible choices for Camilla except with getting Swordbreaker 2 from a 3* Sully that I'd have to promote.

Right now I have two main teams that I'm using with them being in the spoiler to save space.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks.

- Camilla: There's one obvious DO NOT DO choice, and that's Poison Strike.  Camilla's a player-phase delete button, so if her target doesn't die, something went wrong (and they'll probably die on counter-attack anyway).  Drag Back + Reciprocal Aid looks like a decent combo.

- Stahl: Is a wall.  Your secondary team has a pretty good amount of firepower, so I'd go with Pavise.

- Ursula: Wings of Mercy.  She wants to be next to Abel/Stahl, no matter what.  You already have a Swordbreaker in the form of Abel.  I like your secondary team!

- Cecilia: If you really want to lay the hurt on colorless units, have her inherit Triangle Adept.

4 hours ago, Suichimo said:

I'm hoping an OG Roy build will be viable. This is what I'm thinking so far:

Roy w/ Binding Blade

Push

Sol

A - Distant Counter

B - Renewal 3

C - ?

So any comment on this?

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

You'd think that someone WITH Camilla could say whether or not this is a good idea. . .except I can't.  I'd rather give Renewal to a tankier character - not that she's necessarily bad with it, but how often does she take damage?

I'm with Eclipse, here. Camilla has a glass jaw. Renewal would be wasted on her.

I gave Sanaki +5 HP from a 4-star Donnel and made her less squishy.

Now here's the next question: do I give Laslow's axebreaker to someone who wants it (like maybe Alfonse, or Sanaki) or do I use him for his noontime skill instead?

I want to run a team of Whitewings (Caeda, not Minerva... and before you ask, Caeda's Fortify Pegs is the cornerstone anyway, and I don't want to give her up if I happen to come across a Minerva), but I'm not sure what skills I want to give each.

Natural Caeda: Armourslayer, Rally Speed, Darting Blow A, Fortify Fliers C

Natural Palla: Ruby Sword, Moonbow, Wings of Mercy B, Goad Fliers C

Natural Catria: Killer Lance, Luna, Armoured Blow A, Seal Atk B

Natural Est: Heavy Spear, Shove, Defiant Res A, Seal Spd B

My initial impressions are, first and foremost, one of Caeda or Est needs another weapon. Second, the blue ones appear to be the offensive ones and the red ones the defensive, which I don't know how to feel... and third, my luck makes five stars a bit of a pipe dream. I have an Effie, and with the free Draug, I'm open to sacrificing her, but no one else, and I don't see me coming across too many more.

Hey guys, i rolled an +atk -spd 5* Eirika that puts her on 32 speed at level 40.. i was just wondering if darting blow would be a good skill since to inherit she lacks speed to double or armored blow for dueling?

I welcome other suggestions for her "A" slot :)

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by peekamoo

19 minutes ago, eclipse said:

- Ursula: Wings of Mercy.

I didn't even think about her with Wings of Mercy, so that sounds pretty good.

25 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Cecilia: If you really want to lay the hurt on colorless units, have her inherit Triangle Adept.

My initial idea was to try and get a Nino, transfer over Gronnblade, and then giving her either Death Blow or LaD so she can do just as much damage (or more) that my Ursula is currently doing, but this sounds like a good plan until that day comes.

Thanks for the help, as well!

23 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Now here's the next question: do I give Laslow's axebreaker to someone who wants it (like maybe Alfonse, or Sanaki) or do I use him for his noontime skill instead?

FWIW, Horace gave Sanaki Swordbreaker and said it's working out pretty well.

I just pulled a 4* Klein and since I have the 5* already I want to gobble him up for skills.

My question is, since I can only give 3 away, do I go with Quick Riposte or Death Blow and who do I put it on?

I've found Quick Riposte, being really useful on my regular Klein and it seems excellent in general on units with middling speed who don't tend to get doubled, but still have trouble doubling themselves.

I was considering putting one of them on Ephraim. Though he already has 55 base atk so Death Blow might be overkill (but funny) while Ephraim doubling something that isn't an armour would be nice. Or should I just give Death Blow to Eirika to help her attack?

Others I'm considering for Quick Riposte is Raven or Olwen or in the spirit of overkill maybe give Linde or Julia death blow (they have so high spd/res the -3 would seem a fair trade for +6 atk).

I also have a Vantage 2 sitting around I could pass on, but I don't know to whom. Would it be good on Kagero since all shuriken users are infantry anyway? Or any of the characters I've mentioned earlier plus Minerva/Lyn/Seliph/Chrom.

2 hours ago, peekamoo said:

Hey guys, i rolled an +atk -spd 5* Eirika that puts her on 32 speed at level 40.. i was just wondering if darting blow would be a good skill since to inherit she lacks speed to double or armored blow for dueling?

I welcome other suggestions for her "A" slot :)

Thanks in advance! 

I'd recommend not even using her. Eirika doesn't want a -spd bane at all, I'm pretty sure. I pulled one myself and already dumped her for some of her skills.

But I think I already messed up big time doing this. Not anything to do with Eirika herself, but I didn't know that the character inheriting the skills wouldn't automatically learn them, but would have to get MORE SP to learn them. That's stupid when you just spent SP to inherit them, wtf...

I had Palla inherit Hone Spd 1-3, but she's lv. 39 at 4 star at this point. She couldn't possibly get enough SP to learn them all at this point. So I just dumped a 5 star unit for skills on a character that won't be able to get them anyway. *headdesk*

On another note, would giving Gunter's Harsh Command to Frederick be an alright idea? Frederick doesn't have an assist skill naturally, and this one seems okay. If it works the way I think it does, turning the penalties your ally gets into bonuses sounds nice.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'd recommend not even using her. Eirika doesn't want a -spd bane at all, I'm pretty sure. I pulled one myself and already dumped her for some of her skills.

But I think I already messed up big time doing this. Not anything to do with Eirika herself, but I didn't know that the character inheriting the skills wouldn't automatically learn them, but would have to get MORE SP to learn them. That's stupid when you just spent SP to inherit them, wtf...

I had Palla inherit Hone Spd 1-3, but she's lv. 39 at 4 star at this point. She couldn't possibly get enough SP to learn them all at this point. So I just dumped a 5 star unit for skills on a character that won't be able to get them anyway. *headdesk*

The announcement explicitly said that it would cost 1.5x the normal SP cost to learn them. Also, capped characters continue to gain SP as long as they are fighting appropriately leveled enemies.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Not sure how needed axebreaker would be on Sanaki. Axe users tend to have low res and with triangle adept she has been OHKO most of them in the arena for me. Swordbreaker like the other guy said seems nice though since she doesn't have the +40% atk on them.

1 minute ago, Suichimo said:

The announcement explicitly said that it would cost 1.5x the normal SP cost to learn them. Also, capped characters continue to gain SP as long as they are fighting appropriately leveled enemies.

But it didn't say that the character inheriting the skills wouldn't automatically learn them upon inheritance. I read the entire announcement, I didn't see anything stating this.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

But it didn't say that the character inheriting the skills wouldn't automatically learn them upon inheritance. I read the entire announcement, I didn't see anything stating this.

The fact it said the skills would cost 1.5 times the amount to earn would be a bit pointless if they transferred over already learned wouldn't it? Also really, don't worry if you gave a skill to someone with max level, if you keep using them the SP will pile up. Especially if it's someone you upgraded from 4 to five star. My Henry and Serra have so much SP I don't know what to do with them, and in Serra's case I haven't even gotten her to 5* yet.

Just now, Eleanore said:

The fact it said the skills would cost 1.5 times the amount to earn would be a bit pointless if they transferred over already learned wouldn't it? Also really, don't worry if you gave a skill to someone with max level, if you keep using them the SP will pile up. Especially if it's someone you upgraded from 4 to five star. My Henry and Serra have so much SP I don't know what to do with them, and in Serra's case I haven't even gotten her to 5* yet.

Except you're paying SP to inherit them and then more SP to learn them. I think that's stupid. And Palla isn't 5 star, so...

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Except you're paying SP to inherit them and then more SP to learn them. I think that's stupid. And Palla isn't 5 star, so...

You don't need SP to inherit skills. The skill fodder only needs to have the skills available, and does not need to have learned the skills to pass them on.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You don't pay SP to inherit them? The only thing that gets lost is the hero you get the skills from. You don't have to level up and learn the skills before they can be passed on. And even if you use a character you have been leveling for some other reason, it's not like characters have a shared SP pool anyway so it's not taking away from some character you are actually using now.

Edit: ninja'd... sorry about that.

Edited by Eleanore