Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

4 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Desperation, Escape Route, and Wings of Mercy all seem pretty good for Minerva's B-slot. 

Growing Wind is also a really good suggestion for her Special slot since she's gonna be doubling so often and, as mentioned, Hauteclere lowers her special counter. The only real problem there is her lack of tankiness due to LaD meaning she won't be sticking around as long, so I think it depends on where you plan to use her: if it's Arena, then Dragon Fang / Draconic Aura is probably the way to go. Otherwise, GW is just fine. However if she's getting enough hits in to build up Growing Wind without dying, she's probably taken out half your foe's team already and maybe doesn't really need the help haha. 

C-slot is pretty interchangeable and depends on what your team wants. 

Seconding any mobility skill for support. Reposition, swap, pivot, you name it. Rallies aren't a bad idea for instances where she has to hang back as well, and Reciprocal Aid can help get her safely in range of Desperation since she might have trouble with that otherwise. If running WoM or ER for Passive B, then definitely recommend rallies or mobility skills. RecipAid goes well with Desperation for sure though. 

I suppose Growing Wind is more for Lunatic story missions or something when there are more enemies vs your team of 4.

Since mine is -Atk, is New Moon worth considering? Her personal weapon makes it activate almost all the time. Or does Draconic Aura still outdamage a New Moon proc?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I suppose Growing Wind is more for Lunatic story missions or something when there are more enemies vs your team of 4.

Since mine is -Atk, is New Moon worth considering? Her personal weapon makes it activate almost all the time. Or does Draconic Aura still outdamage a New Moon proc?

Draconic Aura almost always outdamages New Moon. To outdamage Draconic Aura, New Moon needs to activate on a targer with more Defense than you have Attack, which is almost never. The question is more if you value the one-CD of New Moon over Draconic Aura's two-CD.

14 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Are there any suggestions for the C slot on a +Atk/-Spd Adult Tiki? I've stuck with her default Defiant Atk in the A slot (I mean...she's going to be under 50% after anything hits her. Except Axes), given her Quick Riposte (Red, magical pseudo-Hector, aw yeah), and Reciprocal Aid for her Assist...and I'm now stuck wondering what else she (and her team) would benefit from. I'm thinking probably some flavor of Threaten or Hone...not sure though.

~

Whoa. That's...basically what I run O.o . I have Sharena swapped out for Azura though, because Song power is pretty strong when paired with Nino.

Here are the sets I've got:

1. Nino +Atk/-Res: Gronnblade+/Draw Back/[no proc]/Darting Blow (going to change it to Death Blow eventually)/Vantage/Savage Blow
  2. Eirika +Atk/-HP: Sieglinde/Pivot/[no proc...yet]/Fury/Renewal/Hone Spd
  3. F!Corrin +Atk/-Res: Dark Breath+/Rally Defense/Draconic Aura/Speed +3/Swordbreaker/Hone Atk
  4. Azura +Spd/-Res: Sapphire Lance+/Sing (duh)/Moonbow (or...it will be. Eventually)/Speed +3/Wings of Mercy/Fortify Res

Unit-by-unit breakdown

Corrin

Reveal hidden contents

I gave Corrin Speed +3 to avoid doubling by +Spd Lucina in case I didn't get the chance to stick her next to Eirika, and have no real option except to have her face-tank the Falchion hit (it hurts, but she can do it...and she'll kill whoever it was on the next turn, bonus!). Swordbreaker kinda accomplishes the same goal, I'm just testing it right now. And it's not like Speed +3 is wasted, since she'd have 41 Spd after an Eirika buff (this is at 5* rarity, mind), which is a pretty nice number to hit. Seal Res is perfectly serviceable, however, and will almost certainly be setting up a kill for either her or Nino.

Hone Atk is there because she already had it, and I don't think there are any significantly better options for her C slot. Sometimes (very rarely, though), the extra +1 Atk that Corrin gives over Eirika comes in handy...but if it's not, she could always just give the buff to Eirika herself (who otherwise can't get an Atk buff).

Rally Defense rounds out the buff spectrum since I'm not running Sharena. Because you are using Sharena, I'd replace Rally Defense with a positioning skill, probably Swap or Reposition, which will allow you to have Nino nuke someone and bring in Corrin to move her out of harm's way.

Eirika

Reveal hidden contents

Sieglinde is the obvious choice. Pivot...you could honestly stick a Rally on her and make her the Nino Rallybot with axe-killing support (though Nino herself shouldn't have trouble with Axes, yours should even be able to take down +Atk Hector if she really needs to). I'm just used to her having Pivot at this point. I've given her Bonfire, but don't have enough SP to unlock it yet.

I went ahead and stuck Fury on her because it amplifies her Atk and Spd to levels on par with other "top tier" sword users (49 and 38, respectively...which is pretty similar to many neutral Atk/+Spd sword lords) and also bumps up her naturally good defenses (thus my choice to give her Bonfire). Renewal offsets Fury damage a little bit. Hone Spd is also a pretty obvious choice for a Nino team.

Nino

Reveal hidden contents

This is probably the most unconventional set on the team. I'm currently running Darting Blow, and it's pretty nice to watch the Lucinas get doubled, but at the end of the day, I have two other units who can fill the "kill sword lords" job, and I'd much rather have Death Blow to secure more one-shots, particularly against ranged enemies (mostly enemy Ninos). I use my Nino a little oddly, and will sometimes end up leaving her in the middle of multiple two-range units (not named Tharja, Sanaki, etc. obviously), especially when I don't have Azura nearby to Sing her out of danger. Vantage comes in handy for that. Savage Blow helps secure future one-shots, because perfect buff positioning, while awesome, isn't always easy to guarantee).

In terms of other options...I'm seeing a lot of hype for Life and Death. I personally like the ability to have her eat +Atk Hector alive with a Def buff, so I wouldn't do it myself, but it really comes down to preference. I see a good amount of Fury Ninos in the Arena (probably because Fury's relatively easy to get), that'd be a decent option I think, as long as you don't need her to take any ranged damage on the enemy phase after the Fury damage has eaten some of her HP. I see a lot of Desperation suggestions flying around (see just above, actually), but Vantage is a better fit for the way I use her...again, comes down to preference. Hone Atk is perfectly fine in the C slot. For a proc...you really want something with a low cooldown like Moonbow or Luna, because Gronnblade bumps up the skill timer by 1.

Not going to discuss Azura because you're running Sharena. I agree with the Moonbow choice (that's what I gave mine), and for the B slot...I'd recommend either Swordbreaker, Wings of Mercy, or Escape Route. Warping Lances are pretty nice to have around, especially with Nino on the team, who doesn't really like reds (especially the mage variety).

What a coincidence! :^_^:

I've bad luck with blue characters, so i have only a few of them...that's why i chose to train Sharena, and she works wonder, at least for me 
Nino + Atk, Eirika + Atk...i officially envy you XD 

About Eirika:

Spoiler

An Eirika with - Atk like mine misses some KO, so with the HP boon i was trying to make her more durable, and that's why i see Fury as a less option for her. We play the Renais princess at the opposite XD 
With an Eirika like yours, Fury would my my first choice too! Renewal it's a nice choice, if i'll win some Fae, Jacob or Lissa, i'll put for sure to one of my characters, Eirika, or Sharena. But...i need a good pick :(:

About Nino:

Spoiler

Desperation/Vantage...it's a tough choice. Both have good pros, depending on situations. 
The problem, for me at least, for Hone Atk, is that i have Sieglinde, and eventualkly the same ability from NIno, but i understand your point for buffing Eirika. Savage Blow it's usable too, but it requires a good positioning, and it's not guaranteed. But it's a good choice IMHO :P

About (F) Corrin:

Spoiler

Reposition and Swap looks really, really great with her!
For the C slot...how about Breath of Life? Or do you think it will be a waste for her? Because, you're right, there aren't many valid options for here, she debuffs already with Dark Breath and Seal Res, put Threaten Speed maybe is too much XD
+3 Speed is definitely something, i'll try it out :^_^:

Finally, about Sharena:

Spoiler

Wings of Mercy is intriguing, you gave me a good idea, i like it, seems very useful!

Thank you so much for all your suggestions, you gave me a great hand :^_^:
If someone has other set to share, please tell me! Especially a proc for a +Def/ -Res Nino! ^_^

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

So, she's gonna go fast.  Like, 41 Speed fast.

Proc - Sacred Cowl works, but if you want something more offensive, the Dragonic series would probably be best.
Assist - I like anything that allows for repositioning (whether it's Actual Reposition, Swap, Pivot, etc.)

A skill - What's there not to love off of 52 MT and 41 Speed?  Life or Death 3, even though her Defense drops to 24.
B skill - The usual movement gimmicks apply (in this case, Wings of Mercy).  If you think you can safely get her below 50%, then Desperation - can't think of too many things that'll survive two consecutive attacks from her.
C skill - Your favorite aura.

6 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Desperation, Escape Route, and Wings of Mercy all seem pretty good for Minerva's B-slot. 

Growing Wind is also a really good suggestion for her Special slot since she's gonna be doubling so often and, as mentioned, Hauteclere lowers her special counter. The only real problem there is her lack of tankiness due to LaD meaning she won't be sticking around as long, so I think it depends on where you plan to use her: if it's Arena, then Dragon Fang / Draconic Aura is probably the way to go. Otherwise, GW is just fine. However if she's getting enough hits in to build up Growing Wind without dying, she's probably taken out half your foe's team already and maybe doesn't really need the help haha. 

C-slot is pretty interchangeable and depends on what your team wants. 

Seconding any mobility skill for support. Reposition, swap, pivot, you name it. Rallies aren't a bad idea for instances where she has to hang back as well, and Reciprocal Aid can help get her safely in range of Desperation since she might have trouble with that otherwise. If running WoM or ER for Passive B, then definitely recommend rallies or mobility skills. RecipAid goes well with Desperation for sure though. 

Alright, thanks guys. I got a couple of mobility fodder left, so I can probably do that. Desperation will be a bit harder, since I only have 1 Shanna between her and Nino, but I'll definitely keep that in mind. 

1 hour ago, Thor Odinson said:

Alright, thanks guys. I got a couple of mobility fodder left, so I can probably do that. Desperation will be a bit harder, since I only have 1 Shanna between her and Nino, but I'll definitely keep that in mind. 

Between the two, I'd use it on Nino, personally. Minerva can afford to take hits more often than Nino can I think lol and Nino gets more out of it since she can utilize it to go after the likes of physical ranged units (who, I'm fairly certain, she cannot take hits from under any circumstances lol) without fear of retaliation. 

The deal with Desperation seems to be that the more of a glass cannon the unit is (IE Hana and ofc Nino), the more mileage they get out of it. Minerva actually has decent HP and passable defenses to some degree even with LaD, so she can take SOME hits and isn't as urgent a recipient for it IMO. If you CAN give it to her, great, otherwise, she can afford to use other stuff too IMO. 

I think it's down to how eager you are to get her a B-skill haha. If you're in no big rush and really like the idea of Desperation, then no harm in waiting for another Shanna. 

Edited by BANRYU

I spent 100 orbs on the Against Michalis banner because I wanted to get Minerva and all I got to show for it is a Jakob at 5* (-Speed/+Def ). So I'm pretty "????? :(" about him.

Help me make lemonade out of it. What is Jakob good for? Is there any skills that can make him better? (The rest of my 5* roster is Julia, Eirika, Klein, Sharena, Roy, ATiki, Cordelia, for team building purpose)

4 minutes ago, salinea said:

I spent 100 orbs on the Against Michalis banner because I wanted to get Minerva and all I got to show for it is a Jakob at 5* (-Speed/+Def ). So I'm pretty "????? :(" about him.

Help me make lemonade out of it. What is Jakob good for? Is there any skills that can make him better? (The rest of my 5* roster is Julia, Eirika, Klein, Sharena, Roy, ATiki, Cordelia, for team building purpose)

I recall hearing mention that Jakob can be a solid physical wall in a pinch, so maybe there's a good way to make use of him as a healtank with skills like Renewal, Breath of Life, etc. and yours is Def+ so all the better in that regard. 

Haven't given Jakob much thought prior, but here's a haphazard off-the-top-of-my-head build: 

(any 5* dagger you want/can use) | Reciprocal Aid | Sol/Noontime | Def+3/Warding Blow/Armored Blow | Renewal | Breath of Life

^ So we've got 2 means of healing allies, 2 means of healing self, and Passive A is essentially filler to contribute to his bulk (depending on whether you want him attacking archers/other thieves, mages, or having more physical bulk in general, which is honestly not a bad option and saves you having to give him a new skill since he comes with Def+3)

4 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I recall hearing mention that Jakob can be a solid physical wall in a pinch, so maybe there's a good way to make use of him as a healtank with skills like Renewal, Breath of Life, etc. and yours is Def+ so all the better in that regard. 

Haven't given Jakob much thought prior, but here's a haphazard off-the-top-of-my-head build: 

(any 5* dagger you want/can use) | Reciprocal Aid | Sol/Noontime | Def+3/Warding Blow/Armored Blow | Renewal | Breath of Life

^ So we've got 2 means of healing allies, 2 means of healing self, and Passive A is essentially filler to contribute to his bulk (depending on whether you want him attacking archers/other thieves, mages, or having more physical bulk in general, which is honestly not a bad option and saves you having to give him a new skill since he comes with Def+3)

Thanks!

Yeah he seems fairly solid, although the low speed will hurt him, I think. I can give him at least 2 levels of Breath of Life and Reciprocal Aid easily. I have only one source of Sol/Noontime, and I might keep it for Roy instead though. And of course no other 5* daggers, the silver one he comes with are strong but without any fancy effect (the ones where you "steal" Def/Res when you attack could be fun for this build I think). But I like the healtank build, that sounds fun! Eventually i might gather more ingredient for it.

You could tie him to Quick Riposte + Reciprocal Aid Adult Tiki and use him as her debuff support. He'd be fine with Renewal, and you could also throw him Breath of Life (that's kinda rare though) to help keep those two active longer. The basic idea behind that is to debuff someone and have any-range-counter Tiki either a) walk up and one-shot it or b) wait for them to come to her on the enemy phase and drop them with Quick Riposte. Come to think of it...that set basically makes him Felicia with less Spd and a Def stat...hm. Alternatively, you could give him Seal Atk or Poison Strike for his B slot and make him even more of a debuff monster. Run Julia (moar Breath of Life!) and Sharena to round out the team.

The only thing I'd be worried about then would be his Spd, which limits his ability to deal with ranged enemies. Since you'd be using him mostly as an offensive debuffer, you could run Darting Blow & Hone Spd on Tiki, which would bring him up to 38 on offense. He won't be able to escape being doubled by very fast mages (think +Spd Nino with a Spd buff..or neutral Spd with Fury/Spd buff), but that's what the rest of the team is for.

I like the heal proc idea above, I think it'd have to be Sol though, because he doesn't really deal enough damage for Noontime to do much.

IIRC Felicia 4* can give Breath of Life 3, and she's one of the free units so just takes a bit of feather investment IF you decide you wanna do that. 

But yeah, can always just hold out and wait for the right kit materials to come along for him. 

2 hours ago, salinea said:

Hello, fellow person with a bad Jakob nature!  Mine's +Def/-Atk, so it's almost as bad!

I STRONGLY suggest Speed +3 in the A slot.  There's a lot of irritating things in the 33-35 neutral speed range (Takumi, Marth, F!Corrin, Eirika, and Ryoma are some examples).  Fury is another option, but he really doesn't like taking damage on top of baiting, and stupid things like +Spd Takumi will ruin his day faster.

Renewal is a good B skill, if your main goal is to use him as bait.  I replaced it with Seal Speed for a 21-stat drop every time he attacks, and because my -Atk isn't going to kill anything anyway.

C skill depends on what your team needs.  He's versatile enough to work with Threaten, Hone/Fortify, and Spur, so have at it!

So I made another pull and got a unit I've been wanting for a while now, Corrin (M). Unfortunately, he turned out to be +HP -Speed, but I'm still determined to get some use out of him in arena. My biggest issue is finding no reason to use him over my Lucina, however. I'm still hoping his speed tier isn't too bad since Yato gives him +4 for 33 speed.

For reference, +HP -Spe Corrin has these stats at 5* Lv. 40: 45 / 32 / 29 / 28 / 24

Yato

Dragon Fang

Rally Attack / Rally Speed

Life and Death 2

Swordbreaker 3

Threaten Speed 3

This first set that came to mind wants to accomplish two goals: patch up Corrin's speed and make him a solid frontliner. Life and Death 2 is the passive A instead of 3 because I don't have access to a 5* I can use as fodder. My inital guess is to use LaD over Fury 3 because it bolsters his middling offenses without compromising his bulk: even with the -4 drop to defense he is still 3HKO'd by standard Takumi because of his HP boon, and isn't at risk of getting doubled by any variant without boosts, either. Swordbreaker is there for him to take on popular reds and ORKO some of the frailer ones like Lucina on the counter, mitigating his speed issue further. Finally, Threaten Speed puts him at an effective +13 speed after tanking a hit. I opted to use a rally as his assist depending on what the team needs. I kept Dragon Fang as his special because it is not match-up dependent and many units with 29 Def or less are OHKO'd when it's ready, with standard Robin (M) in particular surviving with 2 HP (52*0.8--> 41 + 26 = 67 vs eff. 69 HP --> 2). Needless to say, standard Takumi is also OHKO'd when Dragon Fang is ready.

Alternatively, I could replace LaD 2 with Fury or Darting Blow (effective Spd +10 with Yato) or run a movement assist instead of a Rally.

What do you guys think? Should I pursue raising my +HP -Spe Corrin? Should I hold out for another one? Is there another set that could be recommended instead?

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

You could tie him to Quick Riposte + Reciprocal Aid Adult Tiki and use him as her debuff support. He'd be fine with Renewal, and you could also throw him Breath of Life (that's kinda rare though) to help keep those two active longer. The basic idea behind that is to debuff someone and have any-range-counter Tiki either a) walk up and one-shot it or b) wait for them to come to her on the enemy phase and drop them with Quick Riposte. Come to think of it...that set basically makes him Felicia with less Spd and a Def stat...hm. Alternatively, you could give him Seal Atk or Poison Strike for his B slot and make him even more of a debuff monster. Run Julia (moar Breath of Life!) and Sharena to round out the team.

The only thing I'd be worried about then would be his Spd, which limits his ability to deal with ranged enemies. Since you'd be using him mostly as an offensive debuffer, you could run Darting Blow & Hone Spd on Tiki, which would bring him up to 38 on offense. He won't be able to escape being doubled by very fast mages (think +Spd Nino with a Spd buff..or neutral Spd with Fury/Spd buff), but that's what the rest of the team is for.

I like the heal proc idea above, I think it'd have to be Sol though, because he doesn't really deal enough damage for Noontime to do much.

I like the idea of tying him up with Tiki. ATiki is an interesting character skill set wise but difficult to use with all the Falchion users about. Having a partner could help her. Is Quick Riposte better for her or Vantage for her?

Interesting idea, Darting Blow (or Speed + as eclipse suggests) + hone speed ot deal with it.

2 hours ago, BANRYU said:

IIRC Felicia 4* can give Breath of Life 3, and she's one of the free units so just takes a bit of feather investment IF you decide you wanna do that. 

But yeah, can always just hold out and wait for the right kit materials to come along for him. 

Yeah Breath of Life isn't the issue. I have 2 3*Felicia and one 4*Felicia to source it, so it's just a question of priorities (between passing that or Glacier to someone).

Sol however is. I only have a 3*Laslow to source it and I'm pretty sure the game won't let me sacrifice Alfonse to get it :3

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Hello, fellow person with a bad Jakob nature!  Mine's +Def/-Atk, so it's almost as bad!

I STRONGLY suggest Speed +3 in the A slot.  There's a lot of irritating things in the 33-35 neutral speed range (Takumi, Marth, F!Corrin, Eirika, and Ryoma are some examples).  Fury is another option, but he really doesn't like taking damage on top of baiting, and stupid things like +Spd Takumi will ruin his day faster.

Renewal is a good B skill, if your main goal is to use him as bait.  I replaced it with Seal Speed for a 21-stat drop every time he attacks, and because my -Atk isn't going to kill anything anyway.

C skill depends on what your team needs.  He's versatile enough to work with Threaten, Hone/Fortify, and Spur, so have at it!

*badjakobnature highfives*

21 stat drop is nasty! but I do like Renwal at 3 at baseline... Thanks for the speed + suggestion.

I'm afraid Jakob is going to run in rivalry with my potential ressource to build up Roy a lot. I probably need to segue into asking suggestion for that...

Edited by salinea

8 minutes ago, salinea said:

I'm afraid Jakob is going to run in rivalry with my potential ressource to build up Roy a lot. I probably need to segue into asking suggestion for that...

What's Roy's nature, and what did you have in mind?

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

What's Roy's nature, and what did you have in mind?

My Roy is +Res/-HP

I was hesitating between building him up more as a tank with debuff, with Noonday as special skill, +Speed in A, and a Threaten Speed in C slot if I could spare it... or building him up for offense with Iceberg as special skill, Darting Speed in A, and anything in C.

11 minutes ago, salinea said:

I like the idea of tying him up with Tiki. ATiki is an interesting character skill set wise but difficult to use with all the Falchion users about. Having a partner could help her. Is Quick Riposte better for her or Vantage for her?

Interesting idea, Darting Blow (or Speed + as eclipse suggests) + hone speed ot deal with it.

I'd prefer Quick Riposte tbh (she becomes red, magical, pseudo-Hector). Assuming whatever attacks her doubles (not many enemies will fail to do this), she'll have Bonfire up. One option I was thinking about was to have her use Reciprocal Aid to take Jakob's HP (giving her a 7 health heal from Breath of Life first if possible). He doesn't mind much as long as he doesn't have to fight a 2-range enemy any time in the near future, and in the long-term he'll just get it all back from Renewal. That would cause Quick Riposte to come back up, but would mess up Vantage.

I'd also think about putting Wings of Mercy somewhere on the team, since Tiki's set is based on having her bait someone that will probably bring her HP under half.

10 minutes ago, salinea said:

My Roy is +Res/-HP

I was hesitating between building him up more as a tank with debuff, with Noonday as special skill, +Speed in A, and a Threaten Speed in C slot if I could spare it... or building him up for offense with Iceberg as special skill, Darting Speed in A, and anything in C.

I like the tank build, since 31 Res is pretty good for a foot unit.  25 Def is meh, though, and Binding Blade bumps it up to a slightly less embarrassing 27.  Between Speed and Defense, put one as a buff and the other as a +3 in the A slot?

15 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I'd prefer Quick Riposte tbh (she becomes red, magical, pseudo-Hector). Assuming whatever attacks her doubles (not many enemies will fail to do this), she'll have Bonfire up. One option I was thinking about was to have her use Reciprocal Aid to take Jakob's HP (giving her a 7 health heal from Breath of Life first if possible). He doesn't mind much as long as he doesn't have to fight a 2-range enemy any time in the near future, and in the long-term he'll just get it all back from Renewal. That would cause Quick Riposte to come back up, but would mess up Vantage.

I'd also think about putting Wings of Mercy somewhere on the team, since Tiki's set is based on having her bait someone that will probably bring her HP under half.

Thanks!

Sadly my source of Quick Riposte are pretty limited but if i invest on Subaki then sacrifice him, I can set Tiki up with all that, which sounds pretty cool!

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I like the tank build, since 31 Res is pretty good for a foot unit.  25 Def is meh, though, and Binding Blade bumps it up to a slightly less embarrassing 27.  Between Speed and Defense, put one as a buff and the other as a +3 in the A slot?

Thanks!

Yeah sounds good. I wonder who to pair him up with to buff Defense... (or Speed, depending).

But yeah, that means Jakob will have to wait for some of those skills. Well second come, second served :3

Edited by salinea

Just now, salinea said:

Thanks!

Yeah sounds good. I wonder who to pair him up with to buff Defense... (or Speed, depending).

But yeah, that means Jakob will have to wait for some of those skills. Well second come, second served :3

Jakob's a butler, I'm sure he's had worse asked of him! :P:

C slots are the most interchangeable, IMO, limited only by your SP/sacrificial units, so throwing the appropriate skill on one of your other units shouldn't be too hard!

And use the little plus sign next to Quote to grab more than one of 'em next time!

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Jakob's a butler, I'm sure he's had worse asked of him! :P:

C slots are the most interchangeable, IMO, limited only by your SP/sacrificial units, so throwing the appropriate skill on one of your other units shouldn't be too hard!

And use the little plus sign next to Quote to grab more than one of 'em next time!

lol

Yeah, it was one of those crossposting kind of things when by the time i had answered the first one i saw your response and wanted to answer it as well. And then trying to copy paste was messy. *sighs* I'll get the hang of it eventually.

So I finally got 20K feathers, which means I can upgrade my Henry to 5* to get Rauðrraven+ for Sanaki.

My current plan for her is this:

For the record, she's a +Atk/-HP Sanaki  which gives her these stats as a 40+1 : 31 / 41 / 26 / 17 / 34

Wep : Rauðrraven+
Proc : Iceberg
Assist : Draw Back

A Skill : Triangle Adept 3
B Skill : Swordbreaker 2
C Skill : Hone Atk 3

Draw Back is a bonus from Sully since she doesn't have Swordbreaker at 4*.

Plan is to make her a delete button for Green,Colorless and Sword units and she'll probably be on a team with my 5* Nino since they both benefit from the other's Draw Back and Hone Atk. Figuring the skills for Nino will be the next step.

5 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

So I finally got 20K feathers, which means I can upgrade my Henry to 5* to get Rauðrraven+ for Sanaki.

My current plan for her is this:

For the record, she's a +Atk/-HP Sanaki  which gives her these stats as a 40+1 : 31 / 41 / 26 / 17 / 34

Wep : Rauðrraven+
Proc : Iceberg
Assist : Draw Back

A Skill : Triangle Adept 3
B Skill : Swordbreaker 2
C Skill : Hone Atk 3

Draw Back is a bonus from Sully since she doesn't have Swordbreaker at 4*.

Plan is to make her a delete button for Green,Colorless and Sword units and she'll probably be on a team with my 5* Nino since they both benefit from the other's Draw Back and Hone Atk. Figuring the skills for Nino will be the next step.

Looks great!

My only suggestion would be to consider another special skill in place of iceberg. Since Sanaki will rarely get to proc it anyway during a match unless she preys on swords, I would just take it a step further and use Draconic Aura / Dragon Fang due to her naturally high attack.

EDIT: I ran the numbers

Iceberg: +17 Attack

Glacies: +27 Attack

Draconic Aura: +15 Attack

Dragon Fang: +25 Attack

Edited by MrSmokestack

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Looks great!

My only suggestion would be to consider another special skill in place of iceberg. Since Sanaki will rarely get to proc it anyway during a match unless she preys on swords, I would just take it a step further and use Draconic Aura / Dragon Fang due to her naturally high attack.

I considered Dragon Fang since I have two spare Sophia, but the 4 cooldown seems meh since she'd need to either tank a hit or attack a sword. Still I'll consider it, since Dragon Fang give 10 more damage over Iceberg, which could help if I'm ever in a situation where she needs to attack a blue unit. And thanks for the input.

Edited by LuxSpes

Gonna bump a question on a unit I made earlier in this thread since I'm still looking for help on it. Just dropped it in the spoiler.

Spoiler

So I made another pull and got a unit I've been wanting for a while now, Corrin (M). Unfortunately, he turned out to be +HP -Speed, but I'm still determined to get some use out of him in arena. My biggest issue is finding no reason to use him over my Lucina, however. I'm still hoping his speed tier isn't too bad since Yato gives him +4 for 33 speed.

For reference, +HP -Spe Corrin has these stats at 5* Lv. 40: 45 / 32 / 29 / 28 / 24

Yato

Dragon Fang

Rally Attack / Rally Speed

Life and Death 2

Swordbreaker 3

Threaten Speed 3

This first set that came to mind wants to accomplish two goals: patch up Corrin's speed and make him a solid frontliner. Life and Death 2 is the passive A instead of 3 because I don't have access to a 5* I can use as fodder. My inital guess is to use LaD over Fury 3 because it bolsters his middling offenses without compromising his bulk: even with the -4 drop to defense he is still 3HKO'd by standard Takumi because of his HP boon, and isn't at risk of getting doubled by any variant without boosts, either. Swordbreaker is there for him to take on popular reds and ORKO some of the frailer ones like Lucina on the counter, mitigating his speed issue further. Finally, Threaten Speed puts him at an effective +13 speed after tanking a hit. I opted to use a rally as his assist depending on what the team needs. I kept Dragon Fang as his special because it is not match-up dependent and many units with 29 Def or less are OHKO'd when it's ready, with standard Robin (M) in particular surviving with 2 HP (52*0.8--> 41 + 26 = 67 vs eff. 69 HP --> 2). Needless to say, standard Takumi is also OHKO'd when Dragon Fang is ready.

Alternatively, I could replace LaD 2 with Fury or Darting Blow (effective Spd +10 with Yato) or run a movement assist instead of a Rally.

What do you guys think? Should I pursue raising my +HP -Spe Corrin? Should I hold out for another one? Is there another set that could be recommended instead?