Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

7 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

39 speed makes her potentially the best available user of Desperation, hitting nearly the entire cast 4x with no chance for a counterattack. Most of what she can't double dies on the first two strokes anyway. In fact, not even some blues that could check her normally can actually stomach four attacks, let alone one of them being a Luna. Sharena, Catria, and Robin for instance all take 9x3 followed up by Luna doing 23, for 50 damage and a ORKO.

Although, the biggest issue with this build is the prevalence of Swordbreaker, which makes her speed tier moot, and another includes requiring her to get Ardent Sacrifice off once in the game, which can make it lean towards being more gimmick than something truly useful. Is it workable?

she wouldnt be able to take on a catria.... at least from what ive seen....

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought of a fun supporter build for Saizo with the idea of staking Smoke Dagger/Poison Strike/Savage Blow:

Saizo

--------

Smoke Dagger+/Poison Dagger+

Shove/Draw Back 

Moonbow/Growing Wind/Blazing Wind

Death Blow/Darting Blow

Poison Strike/Desperation

Savage Blow/Threaten Speed/Attack/Defense/Breath of Life

-The idea is to punish units that huddle together. Smoke Dagger inflicts Def/Res-6 on the targeted opponent's allies. Savage Blow then stacks 7 damage on top of that, softening them even further for your allied units. Of course, you can go something more offensive with Poison Dagger to straight up kill your target if he/she is infantry and you can activate Savage Blow after the battle.

-Moonbow is just generally a good, fast-activating skill. Growing Wind is if you want to stack damage to huddled opponents even further with its 9x9 square tile area of effect before you start the battle. Downside is it's high SP cost and it's 5 turn charge limit. Alternatively, Blazing Wind deal x1.5 damage, but has a smaller area of effect (a cross shape)...that and you have to sacrifice a Hinoka which is locked to a 5 star.

-Death Blow + Poison Strike to deal as much damage to your target, since they won't get the debuff from Smoke Dagger. Darting Blow is an option if you want more chance to double and thus, faster charging time for your Moonbow/Growing Wind/Blazing Wind skill. (For reference, Saizo has 32 Attack with a positive Attack asset, while a positive Speed asset gives him 37 Speed).

-As an alternative to Poison Strike, which softens up enemies for your allies, Death Blow + Desperation is a good combo to have if you want to activate Growing Wind faster and/or just straight up kill your target (the activating Smoke Dagger's effects afterwards, not having to worry about the surviving opponent which doesn't get debuffed). Makes up for the lack of a Brave Dagger.

-Threaten Speed is an alternative to Savage Blow, for consistent team support even if Saizo doesn't attack (for example, if he will die attacking  or using his assist skill). Also gives him more chances to double when attacking. Otherwise, substitute with any other Threaten skill depending on your team, although Threaten Attack/Defense helps with his physically-based stats. Otherwise, Breath of Life can be interesting to slightly heal adjacent allies.

-Assist skill is pretty much filler. Shove is useful for shoving armored allies to act as a shield for Saizo when he does his debuffing the next turn. On the other hand, Draw Back is always a useful skill if you like to kite and act more defensively.

I chose Saizo because he already has Smoke Dagger and Poison Strike in his skill set. If you have a Camilla, she can pass Savage Blow/Darting Blow but not all at once. You'll need someone like Narcian for lower Savage Blow levels while Tharja/Florina has to supply Darting Blow 3. He has good Attack/Defense for a dagger user although he has poor Res.

Probably not the most efficient/competitive set but would be great alongside Azama to help feed kills while training your units. Azama can bring his Pain staff to further stack damage on bulky units and can also heal your team. Dancer/Singer support is also always useful.

You can probably achieve something similar with Jaffar using his exclusive Deathly Dagger, which deals -7 Def/Res on the target plus 7 damage after combat. I assume it stacks with Poison Strike/Savage Blow? Maybe something like Deathly Dagger + Death/Darting Blow + Poison Strike + Savage Blow? Although he might be better just killing things straight out with Life and Death...

Edited by mcsilas

So. Talking of Skill Inheritance, who are looking like the best possible inheritors of Michalis' Iote's Shield right now? For a moment I was thinking Cherche but as people have pointed out, she's likely better off as a Brave Axe + Death Blow nuker.... Subaki probably loves having it being as he's already a flying phys tank, and if Beruka ever shapes up, she'll probably like having it too lol. 

But yeah, Subaki... I'm thinking something like Sapphire/Silver Lance, Bonfire / Escutcheon, Iote's Shield, Renewal, Threaten Atk. Did I say tank because I think 'wall' is a more appropriate term for him lol

Edited by BANRYU

What would you guys give Azura for skills? I gave her Wings of Mercy 2 so far and she has 600SP points left and a A, C and Special skill open. Fury could always be good I guess, adding to her survivability a bit. Hone/Fortify for Nino/Tharja could be good aswell. Team is below (Will train a new Eirika if I get one probably):

Spoiler

(Copy pasted from the General Discussion topic, since this topic would be a better fit.)

@Birdy I've seen mention of people putting Fury on Azura, so it seems that's probably a good idea haha. Hard to know what to say for the C-slot; obviously Hone/Fortify skills tend to be the most useful, but since Azura often dances people away they might not always be next to her to pick them up... maybe Breath of Life would be useful?

EDIT: So. What with the advent of skill inheritance and Cherche probably being the best flying Brave nuker right about now, alla dis has me wondering what Camilla's best niche is now. Her most notable attributes compared to other axe fliers is her standout Res (admittedly not the most useful thing for a 1-range unit) and her speed (almost as good as Minerva's). So... what WOULD she be good at...? Anti-blue dragon duty, maybe??

EDIT: Also, here's a weird thought... Looking at Ryuke's Fred set that could kill the female swordlords... What if Cherche w/ Swordbreaker....?? I can recall a few instances where my 4* Cherche was able to muscle through a certain amount of Red health to land a KO, so... maybe she could actually pull that off...?? ...now that I can actually do calcs I'll do some later to see if that's even remotely viable lol but I don't feel like it right now

Edited by BANRYU

@Birdy I personally just gave her Wings of Mercy and left her with her default Speed +3/Fortify Res. I'd definitely keep Fortify if you're running Drag Back over a Rally on Eirika, since you're running two -blade tome users. That buff comes in handy sometimes.

11 hours ago, Shiro said:

she wouldnt be able to take on a catria.... at least from what ive seen....

She can do it if she has Desperation active when initiating against a neutral Def/Spd Catria. An Atk/Spd buff would fix the boon/bane issue, as long as Catria's not buffed. I'd be more worried about M!Robin tbh, because a lot of people stick Triangle Adept on him.

As far as general effectiveness of +Spd/-Res Brave Sword/Desperation Hana...I would imagine the matchups are pretty similar to +Atk/-Res Brave Sword/Desperation Caeda (with Hone Fliers buff assumed because...she's really not going to be doing much without that unfortunately), which I've been looking at recently. They're mostly winning, with limited (but extant) ability to go against the Triangle. Maybe more in the "attacking first" than the "attacking second" category, since Hana's defenses aren't as good as Caeda's.

It's probably viable. Ardent Sacrifice I think is more situational. It might be better to just get into Desperation range through combat (Hana survives a surprising amount of opponents, from what I saw on my brief look-through of the matchups...you'd need a Def buff for some of the +Atk/Fury enemies though), and then have a Dancer/Singer with Wings of Mercy so she can just dive-bomb the enemy and get out afterward.

I'll definitely agree that Swordbreaker ruins it, but Hana's not alone on the team, just send a Lance at Sword+Swordbreaker units. I think the key is not trying to force stuff like this ("this" being high-risk, high-reward builds). If it works...great! Kick back and chuckle to yourself as Hana wrecks the enemy team. If not, as long as you haven't built your team with her as the centerpiece you should be fine. She'll still fill the green-killing role, and I'd say it's better to have the Brave/Desperation option than to not have it.

2 hours ago, BANRYU said:

So. Talking of Skill Inheritance, who are looking like the best possible inheritors of Michalis' Iote's Shield right now? For a moment I was thinking Cherche but as people have pointed out, she's likely better off as a Brave Axe + Death Blow nuker.... Subaki probably loves having it being as he's already a flying phys tank, and if Beruka ever shapes up, she'll probably like having it too lol. 

But yeah, Subaki... I'm thinking something like Sapphire/Silver Lance, Bonfire / Escutcheon, Iote's Shield, Renewal, Threaten Atk. Did I say tank because I think 'wall' is a more appropriate term for him lol

For Cherche, it depends on how one builds her. (Other characters included for comparison))

Name		HP	ATT	SPD	DEF	RES	Total
Michalis	43	34	26	35	19	157 	(+N/A, -N/A)
Cherche		46	38	25	35	12	157 	(+DEF, -RES)
Cherche		46	41	25	32	12	157 	(+ATT, -RES)

Beruka		46	29	23	37	22	157
Subaki		40	25	35	35	22	157
===========================================================
Cherche (ATT)	Brave Axe+*	|| Dragon Fang*, Pivot		|| Life and Death*, Lancebreaker*, Threaten DEF*
Cherche (DEF)	Silver Axe+*	|| Blazing Wind*, Pivot		|| Iote's Shield*, Quick Riposte*, Threaten ATT*

Beruka		Killer Axe+	|| Ignis*, Rally ATT*		|| Defiant DEF, Seal DEF*, Threaten ATT*
-- Alt A: Iote's Shield*

The classic ATT Cherche is best used for the Brave Axe + Death Blow (or Light & Death), but if building a defensive Cherche the Iote's Shield can work quite well. I use Iote's Shield for my Defensive Cherche so she can tanks hits to charge up her special. This charging time goes by faster since Cherche is doubled a lot, and Blazing (Element) can deal a lot of damage combined with Cherche's high ATT and the 1.5 modifier. I have Blazing Flames on mine, but Blazing Wind is likely the most optimal. [Granted, if going this route (Iote's Shield + AoE Skill), it is better to use Michalis since he is already built for that and he has a -1 charge time due to his unique weapon. The only thing Cherche has over Michalis is the higher ATT power, but the reduced charge time of Michalis is far superior.]

Personally, I value Iote's Shield on fliers with lots of DEF so bows do little to no damage against them. Beruka and Subaki are good candidates, naturally having 35 DEF, but Minerve, Narcian, and Cherche can also use it with 32 DEF. The reason for this is to "supercharge" long skills, since high DEF heroes tend to be slow and doubled a lot.

Alternatively, you can try to put Iote's Shield on your Brave Fliers for more durability, but you can also argue putting a damage passive there to be far better.

Edited by Sire

33 minutes ago, Sire said:

For Cherche, it depends on how one builds her. (Other characters included for comparison))

Name		HP	ATT	SPD	DEF	RES	Total
Michalis	43	34	26	35	19	157 	(+N/A, -N/A)
Cherche		46	38	25	35?	12	157 	(+DEF, -RES)
Cherche		46	41	25	32	12	157 	(+ATT, -RES)

Beruka		46	29	23	37	22	157
Subaki		40	25	35	35	22	157
===========================================================
Cherche (ATT)	Brave Axe+*	|| Dragon Fang*, Pivot		|| Life and Death*, Lancebreaker*, Threaten DEF*
Cherche (DEF)	Silver Axe+*	|| Blazing Wind*, Pivot		|| Iote's Shield*, Quick Riposte*, Threaten ATT*

Beruka		Killer Axe+	|| Ignis*, Rally ATT*		|| Defiant DEF, Seal DEF*, Threaten ATT*
-- Alt A: Iote's Shield*

The classic ATT Cherche is best used for the Brave Axe + Death Blow (or Light & Death), but if building a defensive Cherche the Iote's Shield can work quite well. I use Iote's Shield for my Defensive Cherche so she can tanks hits to charge up her special. This charging time goes by faster since Cherche is doubled a lot, and Blazing (Element) can deal a lot of damage combined with Cherche's high ATT and the 1.5 modifier. I have Blazing Flames on mine, but Blazing Wind is likely the most optimal. [Granted, if going this route (Iote's Shield + AoE Skill), it is better to use Michalis since he is already built for that and he has a -1 charge time due to his unique weapon. The only thing Cherche has over Michalis is the higher ATT power, but the reduced charge time of Michalis is far superior.]

Personally, I value Iote's Shield on fliers with lots of DEF so bows do little to no damage against them. Beruka and Subaki are good candidates, naturally having 35 DEF, but Minerve, Narcian, and Cherche can also use it with 32 DEF. The reason for this is to "supercharge" long skills, since high DEF heroes tend to be slow and doubled a lot. If they are attacked and take minimal damage, the charge is 

Alternatively, you can try to put Iote's Shield on your Brave Fliers for more durability, but you can also argue putting a damage passive there to be far better.

Hmm. Using Iote's Shield to charge the special is a good point, that could also be good with B-skills like Quick Riposte, Obstruct, maybe Brash Assault (not sure I remember how that one works though).... I feel like Michalis is probably the better option there and Cherche is sort of a discount Mike in that regard, then. Michalis, Beruka, and Subaki seem like the best candidates, but mostly the dudes since Beruka is sort of lackluster in general. 

Hmm. So what chance of not being outclassed at anything does Camilla stand now? Does she even have a niche anymore, now that Cherche makes a much stronger brave nuke? 

28 minutes ago, Chelone said:

Not sure if this is the right place, but i just had some decent pulls.

Any suggestions for Fae, Young Tiki and Nowi? planning to give Nowi Growing ember/Bonfire.

Swordbreaker is a popular and useful option for Nowi that I keep seeing/hearing of. 

Fae seems like she's meant to be like a supportive Res Tank based on both her stats and her default kit; she would do pretty well with all of her default skills and maybe something like Aegis / Holy Vestments for her special and Armored/Warding Blow for A-skill, maybe. Fury is also always a good choice, and she has Renewal to mitigate the damage somewhat (maybe Sol/Noontime would also be good to have if running Fury). Beyond that, I'm not sure how her default kit could be expanded/improved on; I don't know/remember if manaketes can inherit other colors of breath weapons, and if not, that puts her pretty solidly out of luck as far as any hopes of other weapons go. 

I think Armored Blow (the only magic units she'll fight that can counterattack will be blue dragons, who she can probably handle just fine) and Sol or Noontime is probably the best way to go to preserve her role as a defensive supporter. She might be able to get some use out of Drag Back, but Renewal is so good that you might as well use it IMO. The only other B-skill I might consider is something like Seal Speed or Attack to either make her target vulnerable to KOing or soften blows for herself and her teammates even further. 

Fae feels like the FEH equivalent of Blissey that way lol. 

Edited by BANRYU

10 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Hmm. So what chance of not being outclassed at anything does Camilla stand now? Does she even have a niche anymore, now that Cherche makes a much stronger brave nuke? 

1. Camilla is a Brave Axe Flier by default.
2. Camilla has some decent SPD for a Wyvern Flier (32, higher is Minerva with 33, lower is Narcian with 29)
3. Camilla has the highest RES of all Wyvern Fliers (31, closest is 26 with Narcian)
B. Of course, if you combine all the fliers, Camilla is just the "balanced Flier" overall.
B. Now that I think about, Camilla is pretty similar to Selena in terms of stat distribution...

Camilla		37	30	32	28	31	158
Selena		37	25	35	32	28	157

Long story story, Camilla is the "balanced Wyvern Rider," with no real pros or cons. There are other fliers better suited for specialized niches, it's just that Camilla happens to have the Brave Axe, Darting Blow, and Savage Blow by default.

Brave Fliers - Cherche, Hinoka, Cordelia, Est
Physical Tank - Beruka, Subaki
Magical Tank - Caeda, Florina

Edited by Sire

30 minutes ago, Chelone said:

Not sure if this is the right place, but i just had some decent pulls.

Any suggestions for Fae, Young Tiki and Nowi? planning to give Nowi Growing ember/Bonfire.

If you don't have an answer to Falchion-users on your team, Nowi is required to have either Swordbreaker or Triangle Adept to survive a round of combat against a Falchion.

Nowi typically uses either Swordbreaker or Quick Riposte as her passive B skill to offset her middling Spd and guarantee one-round kills against key sword-users.

Tiki's build depends on what you need her to do.

Tiki double attacks Hector as long as Tiki's nature modifier for Spd is the same as or better than Hector's. If you need Tiki to delete Hector in one round and she isn't +Spd, you can use Axebreaker or Quick Riposte.

Tiki can serve as a check for Julia with Triangle Adept and either Quick Riposte (requires changing her weapon to Lightning Breath+) or G Tomebreaker.

Swordbreaker helps her automatically out-speed sword-users. Tiki targets Res, which is typically weaker on physical units, and doesn't herself have a sword, meaning she cannot get her Swordbreaker negated by Swordbreaker sword-users. However, unlike Nowi, Tiki cannot take a hit from a Falchion.

53 minutes ago, Sire said:

1. Camilla is a Brave Axe Flier by default.
2. Camilla has some decent SPD for a Wyvern Flier (32, higher is Minerva with 33, lower is Narcian with 29)
3. Camilla has the highest RES of all Wyvern Fliers (31, closest is 26 with Narcian)
B. Of course, if you combine all the fliers, Camilla is just the "balanced Flier" overall.
B. Now that I think about, Camilla is pretty similar to Selena in terms of stat distribution...

Camilla		37	30	32	28	31	158
Selena		37	25	35	32	28	157

Long story story, Camilla is the "balanced Wyvern Rider," with no real pros or cons. There are other fliers better suited for specialized niches, it's just that Camilla happens to have the Brave Axe, Darting Blow, and Savage Blow by default.

Brave Fliers - Cherche, Hinoka, Cordelia, Est
Physical Tank - Beruka, Subaki
Magical Tank - Caeda, Florina

Hmm. That doesn't bode super well for Camilla in terms of the competitive and long-term tbh, haha. 

Maybe I'll keep digging and see if I can find something she's better at than the other wyverns. Assassinating blue manaketes seems like the main thing due to her higher Res, as specialized as that is. 

So another question (for everyone really). Is there ANY reason to use specialized effective weapons like the anti-armor weaps and wolf tomes anymore? Unfortunately it kind of seems like they're hard-outclassed by most of the other choices on the market right now. 

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Hmm. That doesn't bode super well for Camilla in terms of the competitive and long-term tbh, haha. 

Maybe I'll keep digging and see if I can find something she's better at than the other wyverns. Assassinating blue manaketes seems like the main thing due to her higher Res, as specialized as that is. 

So another question (for everyone really). Is there ANY reason to use specialized effective weapons like the anti-armor weaps and wolf tomes anymore? Unfortunately it kind of seems like they're hard-outclassed by most of the other choices on the market right now. 

Outside of Falchion or Bows, I don't think so.

That doesn't mean they won't be good in campaign maps though. A lot of "low-tier" units are not actually bad in general; rather, they are specialists that are very strong in certain situations, just not arena unfortunately. I think the biggest example of this dilemma is Subaki.

Maybe a focus unit like Julia will come out with a Prf that can counter cavalry / armor without sacrificing Mt, who knows? They might be pretty strong at that point if Horse Emblem really does become a popular way to run arena.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Outside of Falchion or Bows, I don't think so.

That doesn't mean they won't be good in campaign maps though. A lot of "low-tier" units are not actually bad in general; rather, they are specialists that are very strong in certain situations, just not arena unfortunately. I think the biggest example of this dilemma is Subaki.

Maybe a focus unit like Julia will come out with a Prf that can counter cavalry / armor without sacrificing Mt, who knows? They might be pretty strong at that point if Horse Emblem really does become a popular way to run arena.

There definitely don't seem to be a lot of drawbacks to cav team comps, especially if people are replacing default Wolf tomes on those units with Ravens and Blades and such. 

It's too bad, I was really happy with the fact that some characters were balanced out by the weapons they have to start with when the game came out, haha... 'course, some units DO get screwed in that regard (Hana... Est... Florina lol), so I suppose it's for the best...

9 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I'm going to ignore unique weapons because their base Atk makes up for literally anything else. Also because the only effective damage on a currently existing effective-damage unique weapon is dragon-effective, and dragons are a strong and versatile group of units making dragon-effective damage relevant.

The biggest problem with effective-damage weapons is that they're situational and weak against everything else. 10 Atk for the Wolf tomes and 12 Atk for the armor-effective weapons aren't great if effective damage is their only secondary effect. There's no reason not to use a general-purpose weapon over an effective weapon, especially in cases where the effective weapon is simply overkill.

If we ever get the ability to switch weapons mid-battle, they might see a comeback. I can totally imagine being able to equip two different weapons and being able to switch them, but that would require major changes to the game's UI.

If Camus ever gets implemented, I can see the Longsword, Horseslayer, and Halberd returning and possibly actually being useful since cavalry is more common and harder to deal with than armor.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm going to ignore unique weapons because their base Atk makes up for literally anything else. Also because the only effective damage on a currently existing effective-damage unique weapon is dragon-effective, and dragons are a strong and versatile group of units making dragon-effective damage relevant.

The biggest problem with effective-damage weapons is that they're situational and weak against everything else. 10 Atk for the Wolf tomes and 12 Atk for the armor-effective weapons aren't great if effective damage is their only secondary effect. There's no reason not to use a general-purpose weapon over an effective weapon, especially in cases where the effective weapon is simply overkill.

If we ever get the ability to switch weapons mid-battle, they might see a comeback. I can totally imagine being able to equip two different weapons and being able to switch them, but that would require major changes to the game's UI.

If Camus ever gets implemented, I can see the Longsword, Horseslayer, and Halberd returning and possibly actually being useful since cavalry is more common and harder to deal with than armor.

I think that's the main design flaw with the anti-armor weapons being not only so weak but also so commonplace; we only have what, 5 armored units in the game right now? 6 when Zephiel's added? Man I don't know what they were thinking with that SMH. At least give them like Fates Steel syndrome or something, where they're strong weapons but can't or have trouble doubling at least. Sigh. 

So, uh, I got LoD2 for Nino because I don't exactly have 20k feathers to just drop on a skill and I'm not saccing Minerva for this but

Screenshot_20170324-171849.png Screenshot_20170324-172322.png

I can get 1 more atk on her because Jaffar still needs to get 300sp before he gets Fortify Res3, for a total of 70 atk effectively

but damn

anyway what's a good B slot for her with this setup? And considering Gronnblade and how bullshit high her atk is already, would Dragon Gaze be better be Dragon Fang here?

39 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

So, uh, I got LoD2 for Nino because I don't exactly have 20k feathers to just drop on a skill and I'm not saccing Minerva for this but

Hide contents

Screenshot_20170324-171849.png Screenshot_20170324-172322.png

I can get 1 more atk on her because Jaffar still needs to get 300sp before he gets Fortify Res3, for a total of 70 atk effectively

but damn

anyway what's a good B slot for her with this setup? And considering Gronnblade and how bullshit high her atk is already, would Dragon Gaze be better be Dragon Fang here?

Hell yeah dude Nino puts in the work even with just LaD2 xD I did some calcs a few pages back that give you a pretty good idea of what she's capable of. (EDIT: here's the link)

I highly, highly recommend Desperation 3 for her in slot B. I've got (or... will get) Ardent Sacrifice on mine to safely get her in range, but if you can get her some chip damage in some other fashion, she can safely nuke pretty much anything you need her to without fear of retaliation. With Desp3 activated, she can safely take on most bow/dagger users without fear of retaliation (depending on your boon-- mine is Speed so she's pretty well off in that regard). 

Edited by BANRYU

5 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Hell yeah dude Nino puts in the work even with just LaD2 xD I did some calcs a few pages back that give you a pretty good idea of what she's capable of. (EDIT: here's the link)

I highly, highly recommend Desperation 3 for her in slot B. I've got (or... will get) Ardent Sacrifice on mine to safely get her in range, but if you can get her some chip damage in some other fashion, she can safely nuke pretty much anything you need her to without fear of retaliation. With Desp3 activated, she can safely take on most bow/dagger users without fear of retaliation (depending on your boon-- mine is Speed so she's pretty well off in that regard). 

Sounds good, While I like having draw back because i do a lot of repositioning, SwapRyoma is probably enough in most cases and she can heal him to let him tank better. I'll see if I got anyone with desperation--I definitely do have Ardent Sacrifice somewhere.

6 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Sounds good, While I like having draw back because i do a lot of repositioning, SwapRyoma is probably enough in most cases and she can heal him to let him tank better. I'll see if I got anyone with desperation--I definitely do have Ardent Sacrifice somewhere.

Shanna 4* can get you Desperation 3, not sure about anyone else.

Umm whoops. I actually messed up my calcs for Nino VS Linde, somehow I listed her Res as higher than it's supposed to be...??? Lemme try that again.

Nino (Speed+, LoD2) 60 Atk ([33 base attack + 13 GronnbladePlus + 4 LaD2] x 1.2 WTA) VS Linde (Res+) 30 Res = 30 damage-- Nino cannot double, but any buff secures a OHKO...? I think?? (can't remember if the buff is applied before or after the WTA multiplier; if before, any +4 buff works, if after, at least +6 total is needed to OHKO, so a Hone Attack 2/3 would do the trick)

So yeah... Nino handles Linde pretty well lol. Guess I got that much right at least. And needless to say, Atk boon variants of Nino can probably OHKO Linde without need of any buffs. atk/speed neutral variants just need to make sure they have enough buffs to OHKO since they're not doubling anyway haha. 

Edited by BANRYU

7 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Shanna 4* can get you Desperation 3, not sure about anyone else.

Umm whoops. I actually messed up my calcs for Nino VS Linde, somehow I listed her Res as higher than it's supposed to be...??? Lemme try that again.

Nino (Speed+, LoD2) 60 Atk ([33 base attack + 13 GronnbladePlus + 4 LaD2] x 1.2 WTA) VS Linde (Res+) 30 Res = 30 damage-- Nino cannot double, but any buff secures a OHKO. 

So yeah... Nino handles Linde pretty well lol. Guess I got that much right at least. And needless to say, Atk boon variants of Nino can probably OHKO Linde without need of any buffs. atk/speed neutral variants just need to make sure they have enough buffs to OHKO since they're not doubling anyway haha. 

I do have a Shanna. I think she's 3* but I can spare the feathers.

Yeah I've been OHKOing Linde for a while now-- my team is centered around having Ryoma and I've found having a dancer fits my style a lot better than not having one, so I run Olivia (and on the off chance I roll Azura or Ninian or something I have plenty of spare Olivias to just tack Hone Atk on them), so that's like 12 free damage for Nino right there regardless of season. I did build Jaffar this season (and the next, given the pattern) to pile buffs on Nino, but also conveniently helps buff Ryoma since he's my team's "tank". Which is hella nice.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Hate to hijack this topic all the time, but my team really have trouble with green mages lately (particularly, buffed Nino and Julia). My Hector (-spd!) and Linde (neutral) will just die straight away. Eirika is supposed to be the green killer, but Julia simply will hide behind a blue and my Eirika.. eh, can't stand too many blue hits. 

I actually have 2 Eirika, one -atk + res (who is being used as a tank), and one +spd - res (just pulled!). Linde is +hp - def and Hector is +hp -spd... Is there any skill to help Linde/Hector stand one Naga hit?

22 minutes ago, OKigen said:

Hate to hijack this topic all the time, but my team really have trouble with green mages lately (particularly, buffed Nino and Julia). My Hector (-spd!) and Linde (neutral) will just die straight away. Eirika is supposed to be the green killer, but Julia simply will hide behind a blue and my Eirika.. eh, can't stand too many blue hits. 

I actually have 2 Eirika, one -atk + res (who is being used as a tank), and one +spd - res (just pulled!). Linde is +hp - def and Hector is +hp -spd... Is there any skill to help Linde/Hector stand one Naga hit?

Who's the fourth member of your team?