Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

@XRay @Tenzen12 Mentioned they don't have access to Luna, which is why I suggested Draconic Aura instead.

Ah. Sorry about that. I should have read a little further back into the conversation.

Thoughts on B skills for Summer Tiki and Robin?

I wish I had a renewal 3 to give either of them (for their weapon). Sadly I don't have anyone to give QR to Tiki and I don't think I want to waste a Vantage. I was thinking Lancebreaker for Tiki, but I would only be able to get her LB2 (from a 4* Gunter). [My Tiki is neutral IVs btw]

Really not sure where to go with Robin. Mine is a -HP/+Spd... I wish I had someone to give her renewal! (I think I can get her Renewal 2, but not 3 for sure). Maybe Swordbreaker 3?... Probably not the most effective choice since she has high speed already... Maybe Desperation 2 because of her low HP?

I also have an extra Poison Strike 3 from the extra 4* Clarisse I was able to get by beating Infernal on her GHB. Decisions, decisions

Edited by SaMaster14

5 hours ago, SaMaster14 said:

Thoughts on B skills for Summer Tiki and Robin?

I wish I had a renewal 3 to give either of them (for their weapon). Sadly I don't have anyone to give QR to Tiki and I don't think I want to waste a Vantage. I was thinking Lancebreaker for Tiki, but I would only be able to get her LB2 (from a 4* Gunter). [My Tiki is neutral IVs btw]

Really not sure where to go with Robin. Mine is a -HP/+Spd... I wish I had someone to give her renewal! (I think I can get her Renewal 2, but not 3 for sure). Maybe Swordbreaker 3?... Probably not the most effective choice since she has high speed already... Maybe Desperation 2 because of her low HP?

I also have an extra Poison Strike 3 from the extra 4* Clarisse I was able to get by beating Infernal on her GHB. Decisions, decisions

For the most kills, you usually want to give them Braves, Luna, L&D, and melee Breaker of their own color (Abreaker for Tiki and Lbreaker for Robin).

29 minutes ago, XRay said:

For the most kills, you usually want to give them Braves, Luna, L&D, and melee Breaker of their own color (Abreaker for Tiki and Lbreaker for Robin).

Would breaker 2 work? I don’t have units available to give them 3... (basically is there a B slot that would be more beneficial as a level 3 skill over the level two of their melee breaker)?

45 minutes ago, SaMaster14 said:

Would breaker 2 work? I don’t have units available to give them 3... (basically is there a B slot that would be more beneficial as a level 3 skill over the level two of their melee breaker)?

Breaker 2 is fine, but Breaker 3 is ideal since you can lose up to half your HP for it to still work. Most Breaker 3 is not too rare though, so you could wait until you pull one.

Swordbreaker 3 and Axebreaker 3 can be obtained from 4* Abel and 4* Laslow. Lancebreaker 2 can be obtained from 4* Arthur. Narcian has Lbreaker at 4* I think, but I would not sacrifice a GHB character just to give a unit Lbreaker 3.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

Breaker 2 is fine, but Breaker 3 is ideal since you can lose up to half your HP for it to still work. Most Breaker 3 is not too rare though, so you could wait until you pull one.

Swordbreaker 3 and Axebreaker 3 can be obtained from 4* Abel and 4* Laslow. Lancebreaker 2 can be obtained from 4* Arthur. Narcian has Lbreaker at 4* I think, but I would not sacrifice a GHB character just to give a unit Lbreaker 3.

Right, I have the 4* Abel, but not Laslow. And I only have a 4* Arthur, so I would only be able to get up to 2 ?

6 minutes ago, SaMaster14 said:

Right, I have the 4* Abel, but not Laslow. And I only have a 4* Arthur, so I would only be able to get up to 2 ?

Breaker 2 is fine in most cases. Most matches in the Arena do not last long enough for your units to go under 70% HP. Units are usually killed in ORKO hit, so the HP requirement does not matter, or the unit receives minor damage so the Breaker will still work at near max HP.

Edited by XRay

I have both Bridelia and Takumi (+HP/-SPD) and of course former is build as brave nuked. So I would like Try something new with Mr. Pineapple . I am open even completely different builds as long as it's interesting and potentially useful.

Basic idea is seal attk - threaten defense/speed - Sol/moonbow

Maybe giving him Clarrise bow too?

In worst case I also consider giving CC to blade Cecilia and be done with it, but I would feel bad for him...

5 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

I have both Bridelia and Takumi (+HP/-SPD) and of course former is build as brave nuked. So I would like Try something new with Mr. Pineapple . I am open even completely different builds as long as it's interesting and potentially useful.

Basic idea is seal attk - threaten defense/speed - Sol/moonbow

Maybe giving him Clarrise bow too?

In worst case I also consider giving CC to blade Cecilia and be done with it, but I would feel bad for him...

I read that somebody uses C's Bow and Panic Ploy on a Virion for the ultimate debuffing machine, although Clarisse can do that herself just fine too.

Another common build is Firesweep/C's Bow, Poison Strike, and Savage Blow, which allows him to soften a bunch of enemies at once. However, you might want to be careful using it around enemies with Vantage.

Hmm, but wouldn't firesweep completely disabled CC? Panic ploy sound better, though buffs are not that relevant outside arena I think, but I might be wrong on that account.

Anyway you would recommend player phase debuffer I take it. 

Edited by Tenzen12

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

Hmm, but wouldn't firesweep completely disabled CC? Panic ploy sound better, though buffs are not that relevant outside arena I think, but I might be wrong on that account.

Anyway you would recommend player phase debuffer I take it.

Firesweep disables CC, but he cannot be retaliated against. He is great against units with Distant Counter and Vantage, who would otherwise kill your glass cannons. You can slowly kill Hector with it.

You can also run Windsweep as your B Passive with C's Bow and kill Hector, although much more slowly without Poison Strike to help.

Edited by XRay

With Tempest Trials coming up, what would be some good builds for Faye? I was thinking of possibly Seal Def or Poison Strike for her B-slot, and Savage Blow for C. Mine has a +Def/-Spd nature, so she's obviously not doubling anything without a breaker skill. I'm not too sure what to put in her A-slot, the only thing I can think of is Death Blow 2.

Thoughts on this? Does anyone want Savage Blow more than she does? And which do you guys think would be better, Seal Def or Poison Strike?

28 minutes ago, Astellius said:

With Tempest Trials coming up, what would be some good builds for Faye? I was thinking of possibly Seal Def or Poison Strike for her B-slot, and Savage Blow for C. Mine has a +Def/-Spd nature, so she's obviously not doubling anything without a breaker skill. I'm not too sure what to put in her A-slot, the only thing I can think of is Death Blow 2.

Thoughts on this? Does anyone want Savage Blow more than she does? And which do you guys think would be better, Seal Def or Poison Strike?

Faye with Poison Strike and Savage Blow can be your dedicated unit to soften enemies up before your glass cannon goes in for the kill. I would give her any skill that ups her attack, so she can take down enemies with high Defense easier.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Faye with Poison Strike and Savage Blow can be your dedicated unit to soften enemies up before your glass cannon goes in for the kill. I would give her any skill that ups her attack, so she can take down enemies with high Defense easier.

That's the plan! It seems like the best role available to her, given her unique weapon and miserable speed. I can't really think of a better role for her.

Any thoughts on Poison Strike vs. Seal Def? They both seem like pretty good options. Poison Strike is solid and reliable, but I think I'm leaning towards Seal Def. A lot of my glass cannons are brave, so they benefit more from Seal Def than Poison Strike (-7 to Def means +14 to their damage output). Plus, my Faye has respectable bulk, so I might want to use her as a lure on occasion, and Seal Def would work better for that, since it activates after any combat.

1 minute ago, Astellius said:

That's the plan! It seems like the best role available to her, given her unique weapon and miserable speed. I can't really think of a better role for her.

Any thoughts on Poison Strike vs. Seal Def? They both seem like pretty good options. Poison Strike is solid and reliable, but I think I'm leaning towards Seal Def. A lot of my glass cannons are brave, so they benefit more from Seal Def than Poison Strike (-7 to Def means +14 to their damage output). Plus, my Faye has respectable bulk, so I might want to use her as a lure on occasion, and Seal Def would work better for that, since it activates after any combat.

Yeah, in that case Seal Defense would be better.

After consciously whaling for Summer Tiki, Summer Robin, and Summer Frederick, and getting all of the LE Summer Units, I was left with a decent amount of orbs. So I used the remainder to pull on the Bond Unit banner that recently came up to see if I could get Genny (since I never got her on Celica's banner) and actually managed to get a +Res, -HP Genny without needing to whale.

So I was wondering what skills I could potentially inherit to her to make her good or if it would be better to keep her for SI instead.

3 hours ago, Folt said:

After consciously whaling for Summer Tiki, Summer Robin, and Summer Frederick, and getting all of the LE Summer Units, I was left with a decent amount of orbs. So I used the remainder to pull on the Bond Unit banner that recently came up to see if I could get Genny (since I never got her on Celica's banner) and actually managed to get a +Res, -HP Genny without needing to whale.

So I was wondering what skills I could potentially inherit to her to make her good or if it would be better to keep her for SI instead.

Stats do not matter too much on healers if the only role you give them is just healing. However, the ideal nature would be -Atk and whatever Boon that lets them survive the most.

If you are using them for Player Phase combat, their ideal nature would be either [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res] like any regular unit.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

Stats do not matter too much on healers if the only role you give them is just healing. However, the ideal nature would be -Atk and whatever Boon that lets them survive the most.

If you are using them for Player Phase combat, their ideal nature would be either [+Atk/Spd, -HP/Def/Res] like any regular unit.

Well, it's Genny, and she has Wrathful Staff.

EDIT: I did get a +Def, -Atk Elise too, so I was wondering if it might be a good idea to mulch a Bride!Lyn for her to give her Dazzling Staff.

Edited by Folt

3 hours ago, Folt said:

Genny has good atk, but horrible speed. She's good for healing + when you need the extra damage. Healers don't have a lot of options with SI. If you are going to use Wrathful staff, I would recommend ATK +3 as her A-slot. I prefer Rehabilitate as her healing and Assault as her staff (to boost her atk to the max). If you are into horse emblem, Elise is also a good candidate for Wrathful staff. But generally the base Atk stat of healers aren't the best, so I prefer to leave it on Genny as I have yet to acquire Elise. 

2 hours ago, Folt said:

Well, it's Genny, and she has Wrathful Staff.

EDIT: I did get a +Def, -Atk Elise too, so I was wondering if it might be a good idea to mulch a Bride!Lyn for her to give her Dazzling Staff.

Genny should ideally have [+Spd, -Res, Assault, Spd+3, WS, and Spd+1], which will net her 28:5:113. With Eirika buff, she gets 55:1:90.

Elise with [+Spd, -Res, Assault, Atk+3, WS, and Spd+1] gets 34:4:108. With Hone Cavalry, she gets 108:4:34.

The main problem hindering Genny is that she is slow and she does not have access to Hone Cavalry. She really needs that +Spd to do any significant damage. +Atk instead of +Spd will drop her 28 wins down to 11; with Eirika buffs, from 55 down to 42. If she Boons in any other nature, her performance will be even worse. Realistically, if you are going to buff Genny for her to do damage, you might as well bring another Blade mage who can use those buffs properly. And the same applies to Elise, even if 108 sounds good on paper, Blade cavalry can do 120+ with buffs. There is no point in healing if you kill the enemy first. She could be useful in the Tempest Trials if you really need that healing, but I think Alm would be better since he can fight Veronica and is a better healer with Reciprocal Aid.

Dazzling Staff with status staff sounds good on Elise. She can quickly debuff someone and retreat. You can also give her Savage Blow to weaken groups of enemies. Fortress Def would further boost up her defense making her harder to kill. On the other hand, you could replace Elise with another unit and kill someone instead of debuffing them.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

She could be useful in the Tempest Trials if you really need that healing, but I think Alm would be better since he can fight Veronica and is a better healer with Reciprocal Aid.

Celica is the boss of the upcoming Tempest Trial, not Veronica.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Celica is the boss of the upcoming Tempest Trial, not Veronica.

Sweet. I can use Azura to tank her and kill her.

I just drew a repeat 5-star Cordelia. This means I have someone with both Brave Lance+ and Galeforce. I have a +Atk/-Def Effie that would enjoy that lance, but not passing on Galeforce sounds like a waste. I can give both to Effie anyway, but I'm trying to find what other options I have.

So, is there any unit out there that would make particularly good use of Galeforce? Klein and Reinhardt sound like they would, but I don't see it as a common skill suggestion.