Three Reasons I'm not Spending My Orbs

dragonlordsd

I've decided to just wait two more weeks and not spend any orbs on this banner. If you need help, or want reasons not to do so yourself, here's my logic (which worked for me, even though I'm quite addicted to this).

1. I don't like Ninian's Art:

This is definitely the biggest reason. I loved her original art in game, but this new art is so... meh. It's literally Julia's art, but worse. The poses aren't interesting, I think her eyes are too big, and her outfit isn't nearly detailed enough. Just... no. I'm so, so disappointed. I was really hyped for dancer art, but hers is just so... meh.

2. Lucius is a Staff Wielder:

Why? Seriously. Why? Now, he sucks. Good grief. Two staff users in the same pool!! As if we didn't have enough already. And neither of them is remotely interesting. Also, his default pose is super creepy. That smile just unsettles me, much like Eliwood's dead eyes. Like, the rest of his poses are fine, but that one is just weird.

3. Jaffar is too far buried:

So, Jaffar actually looks interesting. Too bad there are four other colorless focuses. Good luck actually getting him. Just wait until they remix him into another focus.

There you go. Another set of new heroes will be coming along soon enough, so just wait until then. In the meantime, do the quests, get the orbs, and enjoy which ever Grand Hero Battle is next.

Edited by dragonlordsd

I actually quite like Ninian's art, personally, but I really dislike Rebecca and Lucius'. Priscilla's is meh. I do quite like Karel and Jaffar's, but not enough to want to go for them. I'm hoping they'll be four star units in the future. So I'm not pulling either.

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

I actually quite like Ninian's art, personally, but I really dislike Rebecca and Lucius'. Priscilla's is meh. I do quite like Karel and Jaffar's, but not enough to want to go for them. I'm hoping they'll be four star units in the future. So I'm not pulling either.

Karel's is surprisingly good, especially since his design is so bland. They had good expressions and gestures with it.

Rebecca's is weird. Those eyes are way, way too shiny. Her injured pose actually is really good, but all her other poses are pretty bad. Jaffar's are ok, I haven't seen his injured one yet, because I keep one shoting him.

I haven't seen any of Priscilla's yet, I'll have to check.

Priscilla's art is nice but she looks a LOT like Maria. (I think the same artist drew them both). 

I like the focus okay, if only because I like Ninian a lot. Since she's the only blue hero in the focus you can grind blue orbs, though it might be better to wait and see if she'll be in another focus. 

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Rebecca looks like a serial killer. 

Yeah, I question their wisdom in turning Rebecca from a sweet, village girl into a glossy-eyed, killing robot.

only thing I don't like about ninian is the eyes, since she just has regular big anime eyes instead of her usual small sad looking eyes

other than that I think she looks great

28 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Priscilla is a mounted healer with Rehabilitate, Ninian is a dancing manakete, Karel is the Sword Demon. What else do you want?

Better art for Ninian.

What does Priscilla end up with, by the way? Anything interesting?

Also, isn't there already a mounted healer with Rehabilitate?

3 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

What does Priscilla end up with, by the way? Anything interesting?

Also, isn't there already a mounted healer with Rehabilitate?

Panic for reversing buffs, Rehabilitate for awesome healing, Imbue if you're a fan of redundancy, Still-Water Balm for mass-buffing Res, Spur Def for keeping whoever she's watching for even more safe. Not a bad kit for a healer (looking at you, Lachesis).

Prissy's the first. Clarine has Martyr but has to take damage for it to work well.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Panic for reversing buffs, Rehabilitate for awesome healing, Imbue if you're a fan of redundancy, Still-Water Balm for mass-buffing Res, Spur Def for keeping whoever she's watching for even more safe. Not a bad kit for a healer (looking at you, Lachesis).

Prissy's the first. Clarine has Martyr but has to take damage for it to work well.

Ok, serious question here. The "reverse buffs" thing. How useful is that? I so rarely see it, and most of the time I do, I've already killed everything else on the map.

Edited by dragonlordsd

3 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Ok, serious question here. The "reverse buffs" thing. How useful is that? I so rarely see it, and most of the time I do, I've already killed everything else on the map.

It's situational, like most of the healers' non-healy stuff, really. The AI loves to buff its units whenever it can, and it might come in handy once in a while.

I think Ninian is the only one worth going for.  I'm pretty sure they made 3 bad colorless to go against Jaffar.  Especially because I believe they hinted at Jaffar with Ursla'a dialogue.  It's pretty clear they thought Jaffar was going to be a hot pick so they buried him with some of the worst (in terms of skills, I don't know about stats) colorless focus ever.

Other than that, Karel is probably worth going for but I don't have any personal interest. 

The Jaffar thing is just stupid though, I hope that never happens again.  Its fine on red/blue/green but colorless?  When all healers are useless and you throw two of them in?  And Rebecca is terrible for an archer focus.

I believe Karel is actually worse than Lyn, but I'd have to look at the numbers to be sure.

He has less attack due to Lyn's weapon being better, less speed, defense, and resistance, but 10 more hp. He also lacks Lyn's spur speed.

The biggest difference is that he has reprisal as opposed to astra or galeforce.

Even with his weapon bonus, though, reprisal will still generally do less damage than astra, but it will charge a heck of a lot faster.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm simply saving for the CYL specials. I wouldn't mind getting any of them so it seems like the best bet. Plus, they're probably limited time only.

It's more likely that the CYL winners will be featured in their own Focus Banner for a limited time. Then afterwards, they'd probably be hard-to-get 5-star-only drops.

I'm glad someone agrees with me on Ninian's art. Although my problem isn't really with the art style, but rather the absurdity of the dress.  It's a little to much. However, I think Ninian is still work getting because:
she's an awesome character
she's a dragon dancer with a dragon buff...going to be the heart of any dragons team (like Reinhardt or Gunter) when they come out with more dragon team buffs. 

However, there is one issue:
Her dragon buff + light breath gives all dragons around her +10def/res...This is pretty OP for most groups (horses, fliers).  However, there are no dragons that can attack from two spaces away (not get countered but actually attack).  Why would anyone be behind her getting def/res buffs?  Maybe you've got Nowi/Tiki behind her and are hoping they'll attack them and they'll counter because of their special but they'd probably just attack Ninian. 
If she or other dragons could attack from two spaces away she would be so much better.  Right now she's just a dancer that gives +6def/res.  Light breath is definitely worth replacing with something else.

There is one great reason to spend orbs today: Rerolling. It's the perfect day for it since you end up with 43 orbs after the initial opening sequences thanks to the special log-in bonus.

I just got lucky and drew Lucina and Jaffar (favorite character in all of Fire Emblem) on the same draw! I was resolved to get Jaffar today, and it only took me five or six tries :D I actually passed on one set of draws that nabbed me Ninian, Priscilla, and Rebecca and lost Karel (another of my favorite characters) once to a communications error.

Rebecca's is by far the worst IMO. What on earth did they do to her.

But whatever, I'm going for Ninian because I'm still aiming for that 4x dragon team *____* (still only have Tiki RIP when will I start getting others sigh)

1 minute ago, PairaDocs said:

There is one great reason to spend orbs today: Rerolling. It's the perfect day for it since you end up with 43 orbs after the initial opening sequences thanks to the special log-in bonus.

I didn't think about that.  I wonder if that's why they limited how many good units are in this focus...

Meh. On one hand, yeah, you have more orbs available today for more immediate pulls but you also effectively lost out on 10 orbs from the launch celebration maps which expired yesterday.

Edited by hunty