New Grand Hero Battle Focus Banner

Falcom

Just now, Arcanite said:

Looks like the deplorable maps continue. I bet we're going to be put in the center

If the map were to be anything like its basis, Michalis would be in the center and the player's units would have to fight their way into the chokepoint while being harassed by fliers and/or projectile users.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

If the map were to be anything like its basis, Michalis would be in the center and the player's units would have to fight their way into the chokepoint while being harassed by fliers and/or projectile users.

Oh lordy. Better go and finish shadow dragon so I'll know what to expect.

2 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

I hate to say it, but this looks like another map that Hector is just going to tank through.

Unless they come up with some kind of hard counter for armors, he'll just destroy this one.

Will be interesting to see how things shake out.

Dont forget if one unit dies its over. I dont think hector can cover both the front and back of his allies from an all out flier attack. especially if they come with pre-emptive skill activations.

Just now, Thany said:

Dont forget if one unit dies its over. I dont think hector can cover both the front and back of his allies from an all out flier attack. especially if they come with pre-emptive skill activations.

I hope so. The problem is, to date, the AI hasn't been super smart, and generally doesn't rush when they should.

Due to the programming of "Always prioritize attacking" if Hector is in range, they'll ignore other units to rush him, and unless they've got something that can hit armors, they will die if they rush him.

But I hope you're right. I want a good challenge.

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Or you could bring your own flier to lure them to fly off the mountains. Like Narcian's map. 

Something tells me they will have archers at the ready.

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Yeah, Michalis' map  did have plenty of mounted archer. Which Robin is more effective in killing mounted archers, I wonder.. 

Whats more scary is the possibility of 6 units after that one xenolauge map.

6 units without dying is scary.

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Yeah, Michalis' map  did have plenty of mounted archer. Which Robin is more effective in killing mounted archers, I wonder.. 

Both Robins have the same average stats except Atk, in which the male has one more point.
The female has an anti-cavalry tome (damage × 1.5) whereas the male has WTA (damage × 1.2).
So yeah, the female will be more effective against horse archers.

30 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

qJlNR4s.jpg

Well thanks for spoiling it for me you filthy alley cat!

well at least now I'll know what to do when I reach this map. Thanks a lot Vax! You're the best!

Anywho, based on the abundance of flying units I'm assuming there is going to be some Spears since Minerva, an ax user, is also in the focus. Now I get to test the integrity of Narcian.

*Rubs hands together* this should be an interesting matchup. I'm genuinely excited for this battle

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Anywho, based on the abundance of flying units I'm assuming there is going to be some Spears since Minerva, an ax user, is also in the focus. Now I get to test the integrity of Narcian.

*Rubs hands together* this should be an interesting matchup. I'm genuinely excited for this battle

Flying Emerald Axe w/ Savage Blow, I'm glad I leveled you up!

4 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

tumblr_inline_omt5lfkOtN1r3m5te_540.jpg

Yeps, it's Michalis. Why would they include Gordin there? Michalis is immune to effectiveness of bows.. Also why sword units, Michalis' DEF and HP are both high. I  want a red mage  in the focus. 

Pretty sure it will be him and 2 more fliers w/o Fili Shield.

Michalis is so going to beat Navarre map

ugh.

wasted 2k feathers on you Narcian.. fool. They gonna release a Lunatic version which makes me ragequit.

EDIT: Double post by accident (how u delete?)

So...

-Swap Selena for Roy/Hana (Armorslayer.. which means alot of Red/Green Axe Knight)
-Gordin for Setsuna/Takumi/Klein (closest decent archer to date)
-Eliwood for Roy/Cain/Sword Lord?? (Axebreaker... Or the mobilitiy)
-Minerva for Camilla/Narcian/Cherche??

Edited by Ryuke

23 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

The devs aren't giving the newbies anymore mercy for GHB, aren't they? 

I want to see if I can get as creative with this battle as I did with Ursula's.  Beat her map with no mages on my team for giggles.

Wouldn't be surprised if the developers were like, "Hackers are going to discover the next battle anyway, might as well announce them all now."