Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I love that when you select him on the map, sometimes he shouts out: "DON'T PUSH ME!" It's so hilarious how aggressive he is. He's like the captioned images of a bat saying: "No! Stop touching me! I am the night!"

Haha, I saw that since I started leveling him up. It is kinda funny. lol

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm cooking right now so I may not always be able to respond but I'M HERE

THE RESULTS ARE HERE 

MY BODY IS READY

35 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Has a winner for the bet been decided yet?

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@TheTuckingFypo Oh my, don't keep us in suspense :O

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

IMPENDING NEWS, EVERYONE! WE'RE ABOUT TO LEARN THE WINNER OF THE BET!

@MrSmokestack - because youre hiding

Well... The winner is...

Spoiler

Me. 

Why?

I used my own team by mistake.

For some reason I had a 4th team with Subaki, Narcian, Olivia and Takumi. 3 turns not including set up.... My bad ('-_- )

-----

I could see who has the least amount of turns as compensation...

9 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Well... The winner is...

Reveal hidden contents

Me. 

Why?

For some reason I had a 4th team with Subaki, Narcian, Olivia and Takumi. 3 turns not including set up.... My bad ('-_- )

-----

Are you kidding -_-

Spoiler

Well u used Takumi so do me and smokestack still win? Or do all three of us lose?

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Are you kidding -_-

Hide contents

Well u used Takumi so do me and smokestack still win? Or do all three of us lose?

I think that's a bit unfair without her even using Tharja to compare :/

12 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Well... The winner is...

Reveal hidden contents

Me. 

Why?

-----

Lol, a dark horse entered the race and has taken the competition by surprise.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Are you kidding -_-

Reveal hidden contents

All you three should change your title to 'loyal follower of TuckingFypo'

Everyone wins, because @TheTuckingFypo completed the map! :P:

32 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I love that when you select him on the map, sometimes he shouts out: "DON'T PUSH ME!" It's so hilarious how aggressive he is. He's like the captioned images of a bat saying: "No! Stop touching me! I am the night!"

What about the 3* Michalis? I remember seeing mentions about him being used in place of Narcian, but doesn't he suffer from the same issues other non-Lancebreaker, high attack axe flyers do?

Yeah, it's why I chose to swap out Subaki for Corrin when I saw LordFrigid's video because the Pegasus Knight and apparently, the cavalier and even the infantry have high resistance. Figured Subaki would be fine, but nope, he's just shy of a couple attack points and then everyone just rushed in like, "You messed up, Subaki! You are imperfect!", and then I sighed and gave up leaving Subaki to his fate. I could give Subaki Bonfire and he's over 50-ish SP to getting both Glowing Ember and Bonfire, but! What if the sword cavalier attacks first and then the lance flyer? Bonfire then gets wasted. The AI isn't stupid. It knows. Probably should just max out Subaki figure out of I want to use Gunter or level up an Olivia and give Subaki Bonfire just for the hell of it and to make it clear he will freaking murder the sword units.

I like Olivia and she's great. I just don't like the art for some reason. But Ninian, though.

3* Michalis is bulky and hits hard.  The video's floating around somewhere, so perhaps it'll give you some ideas!

If you don't mind sacrificing people, give Subaki Atk +3.  A Hone Atk will be enough for him to ORKO.

Olivia may not have the best art, but her job is to dance, and dance she will.  She's my favorite of the dancers because she comes with a very helpful aura, and because Azura/Ninian don't exist on my file.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Are you kidding -_-

Hide contents

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I think that's a bit unfair without her even using Tharja to compare :/

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

Lol, a dark horse entered the race and has taken the competition by surprise.

Like I said, I can do a "least amount of turns" as compensation. 

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

Though... That doesn't sound too bad, even if my win was me selecting the wrong team.....

I still like the StrategistsThree plus me.

17 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I've never been more dissapointed in my life. And I've had a lot of disappointments. Went through all this flipping trouble, got this far, and then nothing?

Spoiler

Bungee jumps off of cliff

13 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

YES YES PLEASE DO THIS

WE STILL HAVE HOPE!

Edited by Arcanite

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Though... That doesn't sound too bad, even if my win was me selecting the wrong team.....

I still like the StrategistsThree plus me.

Well the StrategistThree being made up of 4 people wouldn't be the first time a trio was actually a quartet

*looks at the three musketeers*

Congratulations for completing the map, btw. I got lucky enough to finish on the 2nd try this time around, but they can be a real pain (I say lucky cause my Nowi survived the Cavalier with 1 HP and Michalis went up instead of right on the 2nd turn, which saved me)

It'd be funny if your team ended up being the most turn efficient.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I've never been more dissapointed in my life. And I've had a lot of disappointments. Went through all this flipping trouble, got this far, and then nothing?

Reveal hidden contents

Excuse me as I go hang myself

YES YES PLEASE DO THIS

WE STILL HAVE HOPE!

@ bold part *insert Linkin Park reference*

And that spoilered part sounds overly dramatic. You could bungee jump instead.

48 minutes ago, Kaden said:

It reminds me of Xzar from Baldur's Gate.  He screams "Stop Touching Me!" when you click on him, sometimes.

16 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

That's TheTuckingFypo to you. How dare you get my master's name wrong.

(But yeah, turn-count seems a fair way to settle it if @Arcanite and @MrSmokestack are unwilling to compromise and call it a tie)

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

2 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

@ bold part *insert Linkin Park reference*

And that spoilered part sounds overly dramatic. You could bungee jump instead.

Hm you're right. I think Ill edit it now that you mention it.

Also smokestack needs to get his butt over here. I want to know he's watching!

Just now, Arcanite said:

Reveal hidden contents

Excuse me as I go hang myself

YES YES PLEASE DO THIS

WE STILL HAVE HOPE!

That I will. I feel bad tbh.

Like, just as bad as seeing the results of the round 3 voting gauntlet, still. I feel bad for you every time I accidentally click on it. Talk about insult to injury...

So, the bet, round 2 will commence.

TBH, I noticed and was all "well shit, this isn't Smokestack's team. I guess it'd be a waste of stamina if i surrender, so I guess i'll play it out until I die..."... Then I beat it.

Wasn't expecting that, didja? I didn't.

I can update yo as I do this run.

@TheTuckingFypo Competition aside, the whole reason it started up in the first place was the three of us all trying to figure out what team would best help you beat Michalis' map, but you beating it is the important part.

So with that said, congratulations on your shiny new Michalis :D

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@TheTuckingFypo Competition aside, the whole reason it started up in the first place was the three of us all trying to figure out what team would best help you beat Michalis' map, but you beating it is the important part.

So with that said, congratulations on your shiny new Michalis :D

That was the point of the bet, wasn't it?

Like... just help them beat it.

Except FE fans have to have a contest with strategy during that lol.

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Do you have a Selena that you wouldn't mind sacrificing?  I have a terrible idea, which should give Sophia a nice skill bump.  You'll need Olivia to pull this off!

It's a pity, because Sully needs 37 Atk to ORKO the sword cavalier.  One more level and a +Atk buff would've done it.

I have already used a Roy 4* with a bad nature to give her Triangule Adept 3... I also have Olivia (but if you wonder, of all the free units, I only lack Subaki, I wasn't expecting him to be actually useful and I throw him away).

3 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I have already used a Roy 4* with a bad nature to give her Triangule Adept 3... I also have Olivia (but if you wonder, of all the free units, I only lack Subaki, I wasn't expecting him to be actually useful and I throw him away).

You should be able to pull off what I have in mind if you have someone with Reposition, preferably someone you don't mind losing.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

You should be able to pull off what I have in mind if you have someone with Reposition, preferably someone you don't mind losing.

I have a 3* Barst, (in fact, I have two, so I don't mind using one).

Just now, Troykv said:

I have a 3* Barst, (in fact, I have two, so I don't mind using one).

Burn that Barst for Reposition on Sophia, and Fortify Defense because why not.

The team I had in mind was Sophia, Gordin, Ephraim, and Olivia.  Have Sophia Reposition Ephraim into Michalis' range on the right, so Ephraim can aggro everything by attacking the sword cavalier.  Olivia can dance Sophia to safety.  Gordin's job is to fill non-Michalis fliers with arrows.  Sophia's job is to kill Michalis in two hits, with a little help from Olivia.

36 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Everyone wins, because @TheTuckingFypo completed the map! :P:

3* Michalis is bulky and hits hard.  The video's floating around somewhere, so perhaps it'll give you some ideas!

If you don't mind sacrificing people, give Subaki Atk +3.  A Hone Atk will be enough for him to ORKO.

Olivia may not have the best art, but her job is to dance, and dance she will.  She's my favorite of the dancers because she comes with a very helpful aura, and because Azura/Ninian don't exist on my file.

Oh, yeah, he's bulky and hits hard. Hmm, do you mean this video by yxmkv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l90fk_lk-28?

I can't read Japanese, but I think I getting what the video's trying to telling me. Will see once I finish watching it. From what I'm seeing, it's Michalis being a mixture of being bulky, hard-hitting, and fast enough that he doesn't get doubled by himself or anyone. Beruka is even bulkier, but hits weaker and is much slower -- she's the slowest Wyvern Rider from what I remember -- and while Cherche is bulky and hits hard, she's just off 5 points in speed as a 3* that she'll get doubled.

Edit: Funny thing is that I'm already training the 3* Michalis I got yesterday. I just like using different units and it helps to have a full team even if I don't have a red unit to train with; currently training Michalis alongside the better Arthur, Ninian, and Sully. I don't really use duplicates unless they're a better stat variation, especially if the first time I used them, they were really horrible like Subaki.

Edited by Kaden

17 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

That I will. I feel bad tbh.

Like, just as bad as seeing the results of the round 3 voting gauntlet, still. I feel bad for you every time I accidentally click on it. Talk about insult to injury...

So, the bet, round 2 will commence.

TBH, I noticed and was all "well shit, this isn't Smokestack's team. I guess it'd be a waste of stamina if i surrender, so I guess i'll play it out until I die..."... Then I beat it.

Wasn't expecting that, didja? I didn't.

I can update yo as I do this run.

Lol round 2, where it gets serious. Where the crap hits the fan. Where the Pineapples takeover. 

Also I wanted to point out something else for everyone. Makes sure you keep your 3 star michalis and Skill inheritance your 4 star one.

I got my 3 star to level 40 and now at 4 stars he has all skills unlocked with 350 SP and 9 more levels to go through.