Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

22 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You and me both.

But unhappy times are yet upon us! And us, noblemen and noblewomen of Macedon shall stand. If there is even the smallest chance to win during the battle against the great trollop, we shall take it!

I'm actually surprised that Palla was picked.  I thought she was the least popular Whitewing.  Est has her fans, and then Catria is usually considered "the best" sister gameplay-wise and she has that Marth unrequited love thing going.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Palla needs love. An amazing unit wrt to general design/art, and it's hard to overstate her contributions gameplaywise in the main series games. Also her Ruby Sword here partially carried the flier tower quest and slayed Michalis.

Cherche, and then the likely winner, probably after. 

Edited by XeKr

5 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

And least he sucks perfectly.... Gods now that I type it out it sounds so wrong >__<

My coin toss has dictated that I choose Subaki, runner up Camilla ;__;

RIP

Well, hey. At least you probably have more of a chance to rank high in his perfect army. I was going to go with Camilla too... and I still might, only if I manage to get her Easter unit. :p

4 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

Well, hey. At least you probably have more of a chance to rank high in his perfect army. I was going to go with Camilla too... and I still might, only if I manage to get her Easter unit. :p

True that. Subaki until he loses XD

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm actually surprised that Palla was picked.  I thought she was the least popular Whitewing.  Est has her fans, and then Catria is usually considered "the best" sister gameplay-wise and she has that Marth unrequited love thing going.

Well that probably means they weren't looking at that type of thing, which isn't that surprising to me.  I think it's possible they went with the whitewings (and the eldest one, plus Est is a former whitewing right?) and minerva to play into the retainer thing Fates (and thus half the gauntlet has) but regardless I see why Palla would be the default. 

4 hours ago, r4v1sh said:

Subaki is pretty much to going to set the new low for gauntlet scores. Alfonsites rejoice, you need not feel ashamed anymore.

What if I picked Alfonse and am going to pick Tsubaki?

6 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

Then I gotta ask you, sir, are you familar with the freudian concept of Todestrieb?

No, but I pick either who I like the most or who deserves my support the most, fuck feathers and winning.

18 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

No, but I pick either who I like the most or who deserves my support the most, fuck feathers and winning.

Wow, my respect for you just keeps going up and up. I remember back when you supported Alfonse and cared screw-all about your odds of winning or the free feathers. And even now, you're still going at it with your favorites despite the overwhelming odds stacked against you. Kudos to you, I really respect you from the bottom of my heart. 

Unfortunately for me, I'm not particularly a huge fan of any of these characters. I'm currently leaning on supporting Cordelia though, since I do kind of prefer her above everyone else, even though she's inevitably going to be Camilla food in the end. Still, I wish she'll be able to put up a fight like Chrom did, because his fight with Ephraim was simply amazing and I wished I was part of that so much. My mind isn't set yet though, and I might hop over to Camilla or even Cherche because I kinda like them too, even if not as much. Also I have them, which is kind of a nice incentive. 

i changed my mind i'm gonna pick minerva since I wanna use minerva but I might not get her before the focus ends but if I pick minerva I have a better chance of getting to use someone else's minerva

the final battle will probably be cordelia vs camilla so I'm confident that i'll be able to jump ship to the winning team anyway

Edited by unique

26 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

That was a bad joke, actually. But I get what you mean. What really surprises me the most is that you like Subaki that much :XD:

I usually try to strike a balance, I pick who I like the most as long as I feel they've got a fighting chance. That was why I picked Ephraim last round.
In this gauntlet, unfortunately, I don't really care for most of the cast (I disliked the writing of Fates, haven't played Awakening, and am not that into Minerva and Palla), so I'll probably go with the Camilla bandwagon. She's also the only one I've got leveled up too.

All in all I'm hoping next month we get a gauntlet that's more balanced overall. It's a bit of a letdown when you feel you can predict the match outcome from the start.

Also I hope that someday we have enough cast to make a red knights against green knights bout possible ;)

4 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

That was a bad joke, actually. But I get what you mean. What really surprises me the most is that you like Subaki that much :XD:

Actually, I'm neutral on Tsubaki as a character. But he and Narcian were the only reasons I got through the fliers tower quest, and Narcian isn't in the gauntlet. So I have to support Tsubaki for the hard work he did in tower quest. The only two characters I flat out dislike here are Camilla and Hinoka.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Oh good, I was wondering if there were any people like you left. Props to you for not selling out for a handful of feathers!

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Oh good, I was wondering if there were any people like you left. Props to you for not selling out for a handful of feathers!

500 feathers is not going to make me forgo my honor. I always support the character I like most in these, even if I don't have the character.

Yeah, I'm conflicted between Baki and Palla. I've always liked the Whitewings and Palla has always been solid, but Baki is looking pitful as the only male in this bracket and I also like underdogs. It'll probably depend on who they're up against since I'd like if either of them won somehow. If one of them is against Cordelia I'll probably join that one in order to do my best at securing an upset.

5 hours ago, Arcanite said:

The only thing we're missing is abuse and rotting/spoiling. Then it'll be a party!

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

For abuse, we could always bring in Garon.

Go Hilda! Go Friege!

I'm like super pumped that I predicted a Flyer's gauntlet like this! Though I am sad there is no Cadea.

I honestly liked all of these units on my play through of all of their games.  I will probably side with the Wyvern Riders, mainly because they are more durable. Though I totally would have sided with Caeda. I'm thinking I will go with Cherche this time, because I loved her unit in Awakening and besides me and my family, she was my strongest unit.  I'd think about Minerva, but if she is vs Camilla in the first round, I would rather not be killed in every single round like I did last gauntlet.  RIP Leo, Chrom, Ephraim, RIP all but Lucina. I will probably end up going something like this.  

Caeda>>>>>>>Cherche>Minerva>>>Hinoka>>Camilla=Cordelia(Even if these will be the final two most likely)>>>>>>>Berkua>Palla>>Subaki.

Nothing is wrong with Subaki as a unit all of his supports, I just really don't like the "everything I do is perfect" complex he has.

Can you tell I really like Caeda or something?

Edited by Anime27Arts

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

So join team Minerva.

19 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I'm like super pumped that I predicted a Flyer's gauntlet like this! Though I am sad there is no Cadea.

I honestly liked all of these units on my play through of all of their games.  I will probably side with the Wyvern Riders, mainly because they are more durable. Though I totally would have sided with Caeda. I'm thinking I will go with Cherche this time, because I loved her unit in Awakening and besides me and my family, she was my strongest unit.  I'd think about Minerva, but if she is vs Camilla i the first round, I would rather not be killed in every single round like I did last gauntlet.  RIP Leo, Chrom, Ephraim, RIP all but Lucina. I will probably end up going something like this.  

Caeda>>>>>>>Cherche>Minerva>>>Hinoka>>Camilla=Cordelia(Even if these will be the final two most likely)>>>>>>>Berkua>Palla>>Subaki.

Nothing is wrong with Subaki as a unit all of his supports, I just really don't like the "everything I do is perfect" complex he has.

Can you tell I really like Caeda or something?

I think you should uh do a little tweaking there

You got a good reason why cherche is your choice over Minerva? 

Edited by Arcanite

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I think you should uh do a little tweaking there

You got a good reason why cherche is gonna win over minerva? 

Whoever isn't versus Camilla in round 1 and is originally vs Beruka has a better shot than the one versus Camilla.  If they are against each other then I could see both possibilities. 

Edited by Anime27Arts

24 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

You got a good reason why cherche is your choice over Minerva? 

Cherche may win due to Awakening popularity/waifu bias.

I like Minerva(duh), but I've never gotten the impression that she's even one of the most popular Akaneia characters. Couple that with the relative unpopularity of anything pre-FE13 to Awakening, and it's possible Cherche could pull a win.

Edit: Derp, I misread the question. Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Robert of Normandy