• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anime27Arts said:

Just shows how much we need you 

And I need you, and I miss you.....

Ahem, yeah right, why was I here again?

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

As of now, Tsubaki is leading by about 11,000,000.

Must make you happy to see your team make it to round 2 this time. I remember you went alfonse last time

Not a pretty sight to see.

Kinda sad actually 

13 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

I've spent all my flags on her is the only reason I'm near the top.  I'm ranked 104 right now on team Cherche.  If you want you can add me to your friend list and you can use my Ninian, my ID is 2667371554 if you would like to add me!  I'm a Tier 10 if that matters to you

Added :D

I hope my Abel kills swordies well for you

Ninian is appreciated, I've been getting someone's Fir multiple times lately

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Must make you happy to see your team make it to round 2 this time. I remember you went alfonse last time

Not a pretty sight to see.

Kinda sad actually 

Lol, all three teams I picked last time actually lost. I knew Alfonse was doomed, and that Eirika and Ephraim wouldn't be able to stand up to Lucina. I actually went into the gauntlet expecting Tsubaki to lose by a pretty decisive margin, so I was surprised when he and Beruka were mostly neck-and-neck. That said, the match isn't over yet so I'm not going to celebrate prematurely!

27 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Not to say she's COMPLETELY blameless in anything ofc, farrrrrr from it (and I totally get why people wouldn't like her because of it), but since we never DO see her follow up on any of her rather violent threats, one could also make the argument that she doesn't actually mean any of that, just that she'll say anything she thinks will work in order to keep people from leaving her (I've seen some fan-written content that sells this perspective pretty well).

This could still be considered emotional abuse and manipulation. Still a big "no" for me.

Edited by Sunwoo

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Complexity in a character is nice, but complexity shouldn't be mistaken as something that makes a character likable. There are some characters that I like in terms of how they are written (regardless of personality), but I could still despise them for that personality.

This is a good point. People bring up complexity and writing particularly when contrasting the new games to the old, but neither of those things necessarily make a character more likable especially when it comes to sheer popularity. I mean, would you rather hang out with a complex edgelord, or a fun loving goofball?

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

That said, the match isn't over yet so I'm not going to celebrate prematurely!

Never count your chickens before they hatch, my mom always says. But she never said anything about counting eggs though, which I found quite odd :huh:

Also, anyone know if team Cherche is still getting mollywhopped? Cause I actually can't remember who's winning between her and Cordelia. Every time I'm about to make a post I always have to look at the roster to make sure I have the match ups right and don't look like a complete idiot and say "How's cherche doing against Subaki?" Or something  like that.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I mean, would you rather hang out with a complex edgelord, or a fun loving goofball?

Psh, definitely edgelord! Any day of the week!

Edited by Arcanite

9 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Also, anyone know if team Cherche is still getting mollywhopped? Cause I actually can't remember who's winning between her and Cordelia. Everyone I'm about to make a post I always have to look at the roster to make sure I have the match ups right and don't look like a complete idiot and say "How's cherche doing against Subaki?" Or cometh ingredients like that.

My dear Cherche is still losing, unfortunately.  Losing by over 400 mill, but she has not had her score doubled yet so we shall fight on valiantly!

17 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Added :D

I hope my Abel kills swordies well for you

Ninian is appreciated, I've been getting someone's Fir multiple times lately

I added her up front since I know a lot of people went crazy trying to summon her when she first came out.  Unlike many arena Ninians I've seen, she has some skills that make her combat ready!

Edited by Anime27Arts

Just now, Cossack>Cavalier said:

Evening, folks. I miss anything interesting? Camilla being upset, perhaps? No?

She's still winning massively.  So no, I don't think she's upset.

Great news, it looks like I'll be able to stay in the top 1000 without using all of my flags, so I'm gonna try and hold onto those until the last fight, and if/when my meta gwendy is ready I'll put her up front for people to use (when ready she should have killer lance +, defiant def 3, quick riposte 2, I think I'll leave her C at hone attack 2, bonfire...

and she is +def -atk Which hurts my soul

Thank you @Ice Dragon) 

Also I read a lot of the debating, I will say I do like Camilla's hair, but I also like Minerva's hair.

More importantly though I like underdogs, and right now Camilla just doesn't have that, btw she never did.

(plz add Leif soon IS, and don't muck up his light blade)

4 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

She's still winning massively.  So no, I don't think she's upset.

Harsh reality.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

It'll take a few days for Minerva to show up for that to happen.

1 minute ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Not until Minerva shows her what for it means to be real super princess legend

All the Minerva loyalty is making me a tad regretful I didn't choose her first, but I've always preferred Pegasi to Wyverns.  

1 minute ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

All the Minerva loyalty is making me a tad regretful I didn't choose her first, but I've always preferred Pegasi to Wyverns.  

I prefer Pegasus Knights to the ends of the earth- I've raised too many god Florinas and Tanas to have anything but. Minerva being an ex-Pegasus Knight is, in conjunction with annoyance at Camilla, the only reason I'm bothering joining any team in the final round. 

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I prefer Pegasus Knights to the ends of the earth- I've raised too many god Florinas and Tanas to have anything but. Minerva being an ex-Pegasus Knight is, in conjunction with annoyance at Camilla, the only reason I'm bothering joining any team in the final round. 

I hear ya. It helps that I do actually like Minerva. I wish they'd done the brackets to ensure the finals were the top wyvern vs the top pegasus. But I suppose with Minerva being the second most popular, this give us the biggest shot at beating Camilla, period.

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Wow, how are you guys going to react when Minerva loses?

I'm not sure if you realized, but I've always said that there is only a wildfire's chance in Antarctica that we win the finals. And that means 2 things

1. We still have a chance. Whether it's small or not.

2. It's Wyverns vs. Pegasi. So if Camilla and Mineral make it to the finals, everyone who choose a wyvern is technically a winner.

1 minute ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

I hear ya. It helps that I do actually like Minerva. I wish they'd done the brackets to ensure the finals were the top wyvern vs the top pegasus. But I suppose with Minerva being the second most popular, this give us the biggest shot at beating Camilla, period.

I do kind of wish the second round was Cordelia/Minerva. I actually like Cordelia because her having access to Mercenary makes her good for my theorycrafting a pegasus-only team in Awakening (she gets Bowbreaker and Axebreaker). Plus, we could see which was more popular.

9 minutes ago, Cossack>Cavalier said:

Well, in the Akaneia games Wyvern Riders promote from Pegasus Riders, so she's really the best of both. :p

3 hours ago, Motendra said:

Beast mode, amirite?

Yeah, Michalis is pretty strong. He's quite good in the right team, and against the right enemies. His lack of passive skills limits his utility a little bit though. With the random teammates, I seem to be getting a lot of Minerva's, so I often present Michalis as a sacrificial pawn, since Minerva is stronger and it's the LEAST he could do for her after what he did in the games...!

How's my Sharena working out for you? (Assuming you've been getting her.) She's a strong blue, and Rally Attack and Fortify Def are useful even if the team she's facing is stacked against her. I also had her inherit Quick Riposte, which makes her a useful lure (assuming she's no hit from a distance first).

3 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

If anyone would like a Minerva for their team (more defensively based one, I run Iote's Shield over Life & Death), my FC

Running Minnie as my leader for the duration of the gauntlet, as I am staunchly team Minerva.

But but but she is a wyvern rider when she promotes

Sent a request. I think you should swap Iote's Shield back for Life & Death, as Minerva's offense is one of her strongest aspects. I don't think it should be traded for immunity to bows, she's easy enough to keep out of bow range.

2 hours ago, Anime27Arts said:

Wait, if all flyers become Wyvern Riders Does that mean Minerva was a pegasus knight too?

Yes, Minerva was once a pegasus knight and the commander of the Whitewings. Can you imagine what that would look like? Our glorious Minerva atop a pegasus? No? Well, fine, here's what it would look like, in terms of official FE art:

250px-B01-031N.png.6937a57ff7b42a932273bfbf317d0dda.png

1 minute ago, Astellius said:

Sent a request. I think you should swap Iote's Shield back for Life & Death, as Minerva's offense is one of her strongest aspects. I don't think it should be traded for immunity to bows, she's easy enough to keep out of bow range.

Thanks! I've been thinking of doing just that, since I typically have been baiting arrows with george anyway, to trigger darting blow / desperation. My Minerva was +attack - speed, so I didn't think that the life or death would have put her in quite the crazy as other builds. I have renewal as her B skill, and I should probably swap that with something else as well.

6 hours ago, Arcanite said:

By, "I'd ask you the same", you mean what tier I am, I'm tier 10. Requesting you right neow.

I think there was a data mine that said tier 10 was maximum.

According to the datamine, max rank is actually 20.

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I'm not sure if you realized, but I've always said that there is only a wildfire's chance in Antarctica that we win the finals. And that means 2 things

1. We still have a chance. Whether it's small or not.

2. It's Wyverns vs. Pegasi. So if Camilla and Mineral make it to the finals, everyone who choose a wyvern is technically a winner.

It's just the Minerva fans seem awfully...excitable. So long as you aren't actually getting your hopes up too high. Though it does seem like bad design that the finals can be Wyvern vs. Wyvern in a Wyvern vs. Pegasus battle.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

It's just the Minerva fans seem awfully...excitable. So long as you aren't actually getting your hopes up too high. Though it does seem like bad design that the finals can be Wyvern vs. Wyvern in a Wyvern vs. Pegasus battle.

It's the red hair.