Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

@BANRYU I have my feather information compiled here, if you want to compare notes.

Spoiler

Edit: Just looking at it, it's definitely necessary to save some flags rounds 1 & 2, since the last round of flags only got me 300 flags over the base.

The best route would probably be, round 1 pick an obvious loser, rank high for ~2k feathers, don't use flags, round 2 back either the obvious winner or runner up, rank high with just 1 quest day of flags, and then round 3 dump everything, rank high again with 2 days (1 & 3) of flags.

Edited by DehNutCase

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1st round reward: 2,500+500

2nd round reward: 2,300+500

3rd round reward: 2,300

Cumulative reward: 1,600

Total: 9,700

Looks like my rankings evened out in the end for feather gain, despite the declining ranks among the rounds. I am content with this

So far it seems that the average total feathers that can be looted is 8000 - 9000 for casual, and 9000 - 10000 for the more active players. That's quite the nice amount of feathers!

Happy feathers aside, my personal afterthoughts:

I'm sad that Minerva lost, but she fought her best for Macedon and came over 2nd! Glory to Macedon~

Subaki prevailed over Beruka in the 1st round after a very close match. I did not expect Subaki to win, honestly. It was quite the sight! I'm sorry I trampled you, though. :(

Poor Hinoka. I feel so sorry for her. Cordelia as well... Both died honorably to Camilla's axe...

Cherche lost to Cordelia, but then happily supported her idol afterwards. (Yay)

Camilla, now I hate you even more >.<

Edited by Lyrai

Now, let's put a butt plug in the celebration for a moment, and cool our heels. Let's take a moment to thank Camilla, because, without her, we wouldn't have met Nintendo's 10 billion vote goal...

Wait...

What's this...?

It turns out that Team Minerva has has amassed over 10 billion votes! This means that, soon, you'll be getting 20 orbs in your inbox. It's all thanks to Team Minerva!! Team Minerva is the best!!!! We PROVED that Minerva is badass AF, and that we are self-sufficient! Woo!!! *chugs some more gin*

9 hours ago, Arcanite said:

You better use those flags. There are homeless people who could eat those flags. You better use them!

Reveal hidden contents

YOU BETTER USE THEM!

I mean, they're all going into Camilla, so does it really matter?

11 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Now, let's put a butt plug in the celebration for a moment, and cool our heels. Let's take a moment to thank Camilla, because, without her, we wouldn't have met Nintendo's 10 billion vote goal...

Wait...

What's this...?

It turns out that Team Minerva has has amassed over 10 billion votes! This means that, soon, you'll be getting 20 orbs in your inbox. It's all thanks to Team Minerva!! Team Minerva is the best!!!! We PROVED that Minerva is badass AF, and that we are self-sufficient! Woo!!! *chugs some more gin*

Where are you getting this number from? I'm not seeing 10 billion anywhere I look and neither is that the nmber that appears for me, as amazing as that would have been

Ahhhhhhh shiet I got distracted right as I could have done my final battle and forgot to do it. Poop. Guess I'm sitting at the infuriating number of 33,400 then x__X

24 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

@BANRYU I have my feather information compiled here, if you want to compare notes.

Reveal hidden contents

Edit: Just looking at it, it's definitely necessary to save some flags rounds 1 & 2, since the last round of flags only got me 300 flags over the base.

The best route would probably be, round 1 pick an obvious loser, rank high for ~2k feathers, don't use flags, round 2 back either the obvious winner or runner up, rank high with just 1 quest day of flags, and then round 3 dump everything, rank high again with 2 days (1 & 3) of flags.

Righto, here's my results.

Spoiler

> Doesn't have Camilla + backed her

Round 1 Feather Gain: 500 (rank) + 500 (victory)

> 0 feathers spent

Round 2 Feather Gain: 500 (rank) + 500 (victory)

> spent 15 feathers to no additional ranking avail

Round 3 Feather Gain: 1600 (cumulative rank 30,125) + 2700 (rank 7,786) + 500 (victory)

> spent 3,300 quest-earned flags + any additional dailies

Final Total: 6,800 feathers

So that's not bad in total but it looks like cumulative results are substantially less if you dump them all at the final round lol. Guess that answers that question! 

A bit miffed knowing now I could have got more, but no way to know otherwise. In the name of science, I make my peace with these results. I backed Camilla for favoritism more than feathers anyway, so so be it. 

Edited by BANRYU

First round (Subaki): 2,500 + 500 = 3,000

Second round (Subaki): 1,700

Final round (Camilla): 1,900 + 2,600 + 500

Total: 9,700 feathers

Almost half a 5* character for my efforts -- not bad.

To close out my gauntlet experience, here's a small album of interesting units I found either on the rankings or got matched with.

Spoiler

pvXdQWq.png

bUlVZ94.png

I spent tons of orbs passively searching for Karel....Wo Dao on other characters is pretty cool though, I have to admit.

4eQrM8i.png

p2ayqh8.png

wBQDNd6.png

I'll never not be impressed by the lengths people will go for their favorites.  At least a couple folks are happy to pull the Bartres and Barsts that plague the green orbs.

VDqz7VW.png

This guy must really hate daggers or something.

25 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Reveal hidden contents

I wanna reiterate that I got 10 200 feathers total and I blew almost all my flags each round on the current round. The underdog power is strong. Things could probably be optimized to go a little higher, though I don't know how much it's worth saving for the third round, since there will be tons of competition with triple-round hoarders there.

8 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Where are you getting this number from? I'm not seeing 10 billion anywhere I look and neither is that the nmber that appears for me, as amazing as that would have been

It's total over three rounds.

1 minute ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

I wanna reiterate that I got 10 200 feathers total and I blew almost all my flags each round on the current round. The underdog power is strong. Things could probably be optimized to go a little higher, though I don't know how much it's worth saving for the third round, since there will be tons of competition with triple-round hoarders there.

Well, third day and second day flags can be swapped if it ends up better to do that. You can do like 1.8 days worth on day 2, and 1.2 days worth on day 3 (to beat out all the 'all-in every day' people).

7 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

...is-is it over? Can the sun even rise after such bloodshed...?

I mean... the people who played the non-winning sides made out pretty handily lol. Sounds like it wasn't as bad for Camilla's foes as we all thought it'd be

4 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Yeah hahah playing for each round on characters with lesser chances definitely seems to be the way to go. If I'd joined up with Cherche / Beruka / Subaki to begin with, all of whom I have, I probably would have got a lot more lol. 

Welp, it's a learning experience, this one. 

I think if it was a character I liked less, I may go with the underdog/even spread strat next time--I just wanted to balance feather gains with actually trying to see if we got a shot at beating Camilla. I knew blowing everything on round 3 isn't the best strat since gains in 1+2 can exceed the gains made in 3 etc but the 4:1 was insurmountable

Ah well. 

Hopefully they don't do something with, idk, swordmasters, and put Ayra (in the future) and Ryoma in the same gauntlet then i will hate myself and suffer

Edited by Thor Odinson

My 3rd round rank on Minerva's team is #285 and my total rank went from unranked to #9,132 during this round. 

I think they should make a separate score in these competitions by making the points from people who initially picked a character during the first round count for the main competition.  A lot of people join the hero who seems to be doing the best at the end of the first round onward so the final round is bound to be a landslide.

2 minutes ago, Sarracenia said:

My 3rd round rank on Minerva's team is #285 and my total rank went from unranked to #9,132 during this round. 

I think they should make a separate score in these competitions by making the points from people who initially picked a character during the first round count for the main competition.  A lot of people join the hero who seems to be doing the best at the end of the first round onward so the final round is bound to be a landslide.

That would probably make the battles even more lopsided.  If you got an advantage for supporting the winner from the beginning, it would make even more people bandwagon than already do.

Spoiler

Calling to all our Macedonians,

The battle is over, and unfortunately, Macedon was unable to rise up to Nohr. Regardless, do not be faint of heart from this. I'm certain that our just leader would not want that from us who stood by her throughout such tribulations up to the very end. Rather, rejoice in how high Macedon was able to fly in the face of more... distant armies, so to speak. Flying and battling both free and true from oppression is what our beloved kingdom was founded upon.

Recall that our founding hero, bold in his defiance, dared to challenge his oppressors, and his second-coming, while unconventional in his methods, upheld the Macedonian creed of not bowing to his foes, no matter whom they may be. That is the single-most important thing to carry and upheld, as a warrior's race! For sticking it through to the end; for the fire in your eyes enlightening the spirits within all of us until one small ember became a fiery maelstrom; for leaving it all on the battlefield and making friends with our fellow combatants, I want to thank all of you for your devotion to the cause; ranks be damned. I cannot speak for Minerva, herself, but I am certain that she is proud of what we managed to accomplish in this competition. As am I, both proud and honored to be able to fight alongside you.

Now, as we took victories with honor and respect to our combatants, we must also show the same in our defeat from our Nohrian counterparts; that all feelings of contempt be left on the field. Difficult and lopsided as it may have been, Camilla's army did win it would be dishonorable to tarnish it with our own contempt. As we move on from this spectacle, let it be known for all time that when faced with overwhelming odds, Macedon did not run! In closing, and to the many battles ahead, let it be etched into your hearts why we can and continue to fight! Because now and forever.... We are warriors! WE. ARE. MACEDON!

*End monologue*

Special S/O to @Arcanite  & @Astellius for inciting my inner Macedon for this gauntlet. It was fun while it lasted

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

Special S/O to @Arcanite  & @Astellius for inciting my inner Macedon for this gauntlet. It was fun while it lasted

It was fun while it lasted, fighting for Macedon together. I don't mind getting unmentioned but I am just as grateful to you and @Astellius for your support!

I didn't exactly track my feathers but even without supporting noharian slut scum I got over 8000, which propels me to 36k total. 4* star Alfonse and Sharena are looking at me with puppy eyes.

47 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The total score was more than 61 billion according to the bulletin board. Will we get some increased reward for exceeding the goal of 10 billion sixfold?

120 orbs, 30 of every great badge, and 30,000 crystals?

...Probably not, but if the next banner is Tana... well, you won't hear me complaining.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

120 orbs, 30 of every great badge, and 30,000 crystals?

Not increasing the reward sixfold, us exceeding the goal sixfold… however I wouldn't complain either.