Voting Gauntlet: Pegasus Knights vs. Wyvern Riders

Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I'm tired of Camilla myself. I despised her from the beginning and because people have to like boobs, she's popular. I mean, I know a female doesn't HAVE to have huge ass boobs to be popular since Cordelia is popular, but you seem to be MORE popular if you DO have huge ass boobs. I also find this rather discouraging for females like me who are flat(ish) like Cordelia. I can't help that my breasts can barely be called that... Why think less of me because of it?

Which makes it all the more ironic that you hate on Lucina-one of the most popular females in the series. Whatever you think of her personality, she at least is not a sexualized character which should count for something.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda wished I joined Subaki now. I want to see the close battle! But alas, Minerva needs me. Sorry Subaki. Though its nice that the one male participant isn't getting steamrolled in the first round. Hopefully he'll put up just as good as a fight in the second round against Minerva. 

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Which makes it all the more ironic that you hate on Lucina-one of the most popular females in the series. Whatever you think of her personality, she at least is not a sexualized character which should count for something.

Was it necessary for you to make this post? She may not be sexualized, no, but I dislike her for entirely different reasons and I STILL don't like her design. A female design doesn't have to have huge ass boobs and panties to be bad in my eyes.

Edited by Anacybele

Can we stop talking about boobs, especially whether we consider ourselves "flat" or not? It's weird.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Can we stop talking about boobs, especially whether we consider ourselves "flat" or not? It's weird.

Sorry, you're right, but it's kind of hard to avoid that topic when Camilla is involved...

It's a shame that Cherche is losing to Cordelia. I expected this due to the matchup, but I would have liked it if Cherche made it to Round 2....

As for supporting other characters, I'm likely to go Camilla because that is the only good character I have. I would support Minerva instead, but I do not have Minerva and really do not feel like going all out this Voting Gauntlet like I did the previous. I'll just join the "winning team" and ride the rest of the way for feathers, using up my flags for maximum feather earnings on top of the victory bonuses.

This is mostly due to my interest with Heroes slowly dwindling. I rediscovered Shadowverse and began playing Starcraft II again. Not only that, but I'm going to be working the night shift soon, so I need to adapt my sleeping schedule and all that stuff. I'll still play Heroes casually, but I don't think I'll be doing any more theorycrafting in the near future.

It's amazing how much free time I have when I'm not on message boards 24/7...

Edited by Sire

Yeah, I'm tired of Camilla myself. I despised her from the beginning and because people have to like boobs, she's popular. I mean, I know a female doesn't HAVE to have huge ass boobs to be popular since Cordelia is popular, but you seem to be MORE popular if you DO have huge ass boobs. I also find this rather discouraging for females like me who are flat(ish) like Cordelia. I can't help that my breasts can barely be called that... Why think less of me because of it?

Hope Subaki wins. The fewer wyverns that get up there, the better. Pegasi are way better. <3

I don't like her much for the same reason, and her personality doesn't add much to the equation to redeem herself in my eyes. Surprised her spine hasn't broken from carrying all that weight...That said, she was a pretty handy unit in Conquest. 

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hope Subaki wins. The fewer wyverns that get up there, the better. Pegasi are way better. <3

...What's an ass boob? :P And consider, Lucina -- she is super popular via force of sheer awesomeness.

And I hope Subaki wins, so I can personally shovel in his grave. I've summoned WAY TOO MANY Subaki's, and I want my revenge for him sucking up so many orbs! MwahahaHAHAHAahaackhackcough*cough*ahem! Yes.

Edit: Didn't know you hated Lucina. Oh well!

Edited by Astellius

Yeah, I realize it can't be avoided when we're talking about Camilla, but it gets weird when real people's boob sizes start getting brought into it.

Anyway, I'm still playing a round or two whenever I can. Almost all of my flags are used up at this point, but I have a respectable ranking.

4 minutes ago, Lucıůs said:

And who knows, maybe Beruka even has a higher testosterone level than Subaki. :rolleyes:

I can't believe you said this

I'm dying of laughter 

Someone help me

Beruka fans are going nuts right now

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

The best part about voting gauntlet? Seeing hilarious stuff like this^

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I find your enthusiasm entertaining.

Well at least I know someone appreciates it. I thank you!

Coming in to say that @Arcanite is actually my fav poster of the heroes board. In the occasion that I lurk it, that is

30 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Anyone on Team Minerva want to add me? My ID is 8608857766, and, right now, I have Sharena out front. Could swap her out for someone like adult Tiki or Camilla, if desired.

Gotchu.

Edited by Motendra

Just now, Astellius said:

...What's an ass boob? :P And consider, Lucina -- she is super popular via force of sheer awesomeness.

And I hope Subaki wins, so I can personally shovel in his grave. I've summoned WAY TOO MANY Subaki's, and I want my revenge for him sucking up so many orbs! MwahahaHAHAHAahaackhackcough*cough*ahem! Yes.

Careful, Lucina is a touchy subject with that one.

2 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I don't understand why she's popular at all. Nothing about her ever stood out to me or was interesting to me in the least bit. But let's not get on this subject, I've been through it many times and certain parties around here will harass me for it. And I'm also sure nobody wants to see me once again express Lucina hate.

I need to stop bringing things like this up or having to bring things like this up. It gets on people's nerves and I understand why.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Astellius said:

And I want Beruka to win because want to shovel in her grave. Is it bad we want people to win just to beat them later?

Naaaahhhh

3 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Coming in to say that @Arcanite is actually my fav poster of the heroes board

Wow thanks! :^_^:

To be perfectly honest, it really feels like Intelligent Systems has been subtly advertising Camilla way more than the other Fates royals. She got a spot on the initial focus summon, and then she proceeded to have a Spring version while concurrently getting to participate in the second Voting Gauntlet. She's also on the title screen along with Takumi, even though Ryoma, Xander or even Corrin technically makes more sense there. Not to mention, I don't particularly have a problem about her design, because there's nothing inherently wrong about that body shape, but it's just that every cutscene ever feels the need to emphasize her proportions for some bizarre reason. I don't hate her just because she's popular, heck I don't really hate her at all for any reason whatsoever, but it does feel she's getting pushed onto us somewhat. I don't mind her getting her time to shine, but even I have to admit her overwhelming power here (She's beating everyone else combined by a mile) is just a smudge bit unhealthy for the gauntlet.

I'm actually a filthy bandwagoner because none of the characters interested me and the first score update made it clear no one could possibly give her a decent fight

I gave it my all for team Cherche and used all my battle flags. While it was a losing battle.  Don't know if we can rally but it was still fun.  Now what did I gain from going all in. I rank 48. Technical it should be 26 since i'm wanting for the reset to show correct score. So I made for the team in the top 50 and for first round cumulative i'm rank 522 which i'm guess will be under 500 once it refresh for the hour.  So big thanks to MaskedAmpharos! Your Julian has been my map in those battles.  

For those who else went all in round how did you fair?

and here is the screen cap of the rank.

Screenshot_20170405-220321.thumb.png.0d50b513c471ca7bd86eef2a76a76c3d.png 

Edited by Skids

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't understand why she's popular at all. Nothing about her ever stood out to me or was interesting to me in the least bit. But let's not get on this subject, I've been through it many times and certain parties around here will harass me for it.

I think you just answered your own question.  It's not that people are super attracted to Camilla, revealing boobs don't create an attraction on their own but rather entire body structure as well as facial features.  However, among guys, refusing to say something immature whenever they come up, is seen as a lack of maturity (in an ironic sort of way) or masculinity. 

That being said, I just started playing Fates and I must say, I find her to be a decent character.  Similar to Felicia, I actually really like her character but hate her design (why did you have to make it weird with the Japanese maid outfit?).  She kind of acts like a little sister but is much older than, say, elise which creates an interesting dynamic between her and your character.

What I'm saying is, the hype and hatred of Camilla revolves around those who can't risk their masculinity and those who hate that she is seen as the ultimate female form.  For this reason, I've seen a lot of females who like her, as well as people like me who don't care either way.  Depending on how her character progresses, I could end up liking her and ignoring her character art.

4 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

To be perfectly honest, it really feels like Intelligent Systems has been subtly advertising Camilla way more than the other Fates royals. She got a spot on the initial focus summon, and then she proceeded to have a Spring version while concurrently getting to participate in the second Voting Gauntlet. <snip>

I disagree with this specifically.  Xander has both spring and nonspring forms coming up but he can't be in a focus yet because his base character does not exist.  Leo had a voting gauntlet as well, although never had a focus at the beginning of the game for him.  Elise is just the ordinary 'characters sister' that no one cares about. 

Rather, I would say IS is favoring the Nohr royals over the other.  Aside from Takumi being OP

Edited by Lushen

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

I think you just answered your own question.  It's not that people are super attracted to Camilla, revealing boobs don't create an attraction on their own but rather entire body structure as well as facial features.  However, among guys, refusing to say something immature whenever they come up, is seen as a lack of maturity (in an ironic sort of way) or masculinity. 

That being said, I just started playing Fates and I must say, I find her to be a decent character.  Similar to Felicia, I actually really like her character but hate her design (why did you have to make it weird with the Japanese maid outfit?).  She kind of acts like a little sister but is much older than, say, elise which creates an interesting dynamic between her and your character.

What I'm saying is, the hype and hatred of Camilla revolves around those who can't risk their masculinity and those who hate that she is seen as the ultimate female form.  For this reason, I've seen a lot of females who like her, as well as people like me who don't care either way.  Depending on how her character progresses, I could end up liking her and ignoring her character art.

Dude, I meant that I don't understand Lucina's popularity, not Camilla's. I somewhat get Camilla's popularity, because of her revealing design. >_>

Dude, I meant that I don't understand Lucina's popularity, not Camilla's. I somewhat get Camilla's popularity, because of her revealing design. >_>

2 words

Smash Brothers

Anyway let's just drop it. I want other people to post so I can recruit more people for our ultimate final round army!

5 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Rather, I would say IS is favoring the Nohr royals over the other.  Aside from Takumi being OP

I hate this too. I dislike the Nohr royals aside from Elise and she's highly overshadowed by her siblings too. I wish IS would give the Hoshido royals more attention. Sure, we got Takumi in one focus and now Hinoka in another, but this still pales in comparison to all the attention the Nohr siblings have gotten. Sigh...

Just now, Arcanite said:

2 words

Smash Brothers

Anyway let's just drop it. I want other people to post so I can recruit more people for our ultimate final round army!

Well, I'm pretty sure that she was popular before Smash actually, probably one of the first FE characters to do so. If anything, her clone status probably hurt her a little because people don't understand game design.

Also, if it makes you feel better, I plan to join Minerva after Cordelia's defeat.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Lucina is in the running for best child character in Awakening (mapless recruitment, possibility of being the daughter of Chrom & Robin, which gives her absurd bases and growths, and her other options aren't bad, either---not great, Cordelia would be great, but that ship was sunk by Canon Cannons). And that's saying a lot, considering Morgan exists.

That's the min/maxer side.

On the design side, she's still pretty decent---awakening characters as a whole have great designs, and she's not an exception.

Most importantly, however, is the fact that Awakening is more or less the most popular FE game. Let's say a good character has a 20% chance of becoming someone's favorite, while a GREAT character has a 99% chance. If a good character is in a game 5x as popular as the game the GREAT character is in... the good character would still end up more popular.

Edited by DehNutCase
grammar

7 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Coming in to say that @Arcanite is actually my fav poster of the heroes board

Gotchu.

Great, added! Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't understand why she's popular at all. Nothing about her ever stood out to me or was interesting to me in the least bit. But let's not get on this subject, I've been through it many times and certain parties around here will harass me for it.

Well, it's certainly not because Lucina's smuggling blimps! But you're free to like or dislike whoever you want for whatever reason.

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

And I want Beruka to win because want to shovel in her grave. Is it bad we want people to win just to beat them later?

Naaaahhhh

I also want to deliver a Hauteclere-to-da-FACE to Cherche, because I keep summoning her when I'm trying to get Minerva! I have a 5-star Cherche, which was supposed to be the real Minerva, not Cherche's fraudster dragon!! GRR. But Cordelia shall just have to take care of that mess. Someone on Team Cordelia, kill a bunch of Cherche's for me please!

9 minutes ago, Ryu Yuki said:

To be perfectly honest, it really feels like Intelligent Systems has been subtly advertising Camilla way more than the other Fates royals.

what do you mean "subtly"

I hate this too. I dislike the Nohr royals aside from Elise and she's highly overshadowed by her siblings too. I wish IS would give the Hoshido royals more attention. Sure, we got Takumi in one focus and now Hinoka in another, but this still pales in comparison to all the attention the Nohr siblings have gotten. Sigh...

Funny enough, I actually prefer all of Nohr's nobles aside from Leo. I suppose that's the upside of having eight of them for crying out loud. You're bound to like at least one.