New GHB special quests.

Clogon

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

One issue is that TA M!Robin is unable to kill the dagger in return fire unless he's buffed by Olivia both turns.

Would it work if M!Robin was buffed by Olivia on the first turn, then attacked twice via Olivia dance on the second turn? Or would Olivia die to the other ninja if you tried that?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I can re-test this right now if you wish.

I would appreciate this a lot

I would be helping Fypo all by myself so I can show off against the other strategists

Just make sure you use the exact units and take into account banes and boons and whatnot

3 minutes ago, Kiran said:

One issue is that TA M!Robin is unable to kill the dagger in return fire unless he's buffed by Olivia both turns.

Even a +Atk Male Robin? And factoring Bonfire damage?

Just now, Arcanite said:

I would be helping Fypo all by myself so I can show off against the other strategists

Just make sure you use the exact units and take into account banes and boons and whatnot

Even a +Atk Male Robin? And factoring Bonfire damage?

Its because Rogue dagger makes the dagger get +5res the second turn and the axe + healer means the dagger is healed by 18 hp

30 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I would go with Lyn (assuming not -ATK), Takumi, Olivia, and Navarre (once you trained him up)

Turn 1: Takumi gets danced to the tree above the mountain in the bottom right side of the map where he can bait the dagger. Lyn goes to the left most side of the map above the mountain. Navarre goes bottom right diagonal from her.

Turn 2: Takumi kills the dagger with Vengence. Olivia moves bottom right diagonal from your Navarre.

Turn 3: Takumi chips enemy Navarre. Gets danced to safety. Lyn and your Navarre kills the other dagger

Turn 4: Everyone teams up against enemy Navarre. Make sure your Navarre gets the killing blow

Turn 5+: Just kill the green axe and healer with Lyn and Takumi

Actually my Lyn is +Atk -HP :D ! My Takumi can deal with 2 thiefs and Axe guy alone,so maybe he is going to be fine.

I'll lvup Navarre for a bit and try your strategy, just need the Stamina to fill up again, at least lv him up to 30 and see what happens. Thanks so much!

31 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Okay, so, my boon/banes are completely different:
My Reinhardt is +ATK/-SPD, while Fypo's is +SPD/-RES
Our Olivias are both the same
My M!Robin is +DEF/-RES, while Fypo's is +ATK/-HP
My Navarre is level 40, while I dunno what level Fypo's is, but Fypo, if your Navarre doesn't have at least 20 DEF, level him until he does, because you're gonna need it.

Tested it, see my next post.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

5 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Its because Rogue dagger makes the dagger get +5res the second turn and the axe + healer means the dagger is healed by 18 hp

Well we shall see if Kirby can do it with a mimic.

I really wish my tablet was working ;-;

Okay, I wouldn't be able to do your strat @Arcanite, but that's only because my Reinhardt is +ATK. @TheTuckingFypo should be able to use your strategy (or something close to it) to achieve victory.

From my testing:
Okay, placing M!Robin in the far-right lowest forest tile to bait the right-side ninja, Olivia two tiles left, Navarre one tile right of Olivia, and Reinhardt one tile below Olivia makes the top ninja and Navarre come down together. Then, move M!Robin one tile to the right, Reinhardt to the tile to the right of Navarre, keep Olivia in place, and move Navarre below Olivia. Next turn, move M!Robin to the tile to the left of Olivia (enemy Navarre should be directly above M!Robin here) and have him attack the ninja with enemy Navarre, move Olivia below M!Robin and have her Dance for him, have him finish off the ninja with enemy Navarre, move Reinhardt to the left of enemy Navarre, and keep Navarre where he is. Navarre should attack Reinhardt, who should live with plenty of HP, and the right ninja should move one tile left. On your next turn, have M!Robin attack the remaining ninja, move Navarre one tile right, have Olivia move below M!Robin (staying to the left would leave her open for Death By Navarre) and Dance for him, and have him kill the ninja, and move Reinhardt out of Navarre's range. On the next turn, have M!Robin block enemy Navarre from reaching your units and do nothing else. Enemy Navarre should ineffectually double M!Robin on his turn. On your turn, have Reinhardt attack enemy Navarre to weaken him (not sure if this part'll work for Fypo, to be honest, Olivia's buff might push your Reinhardt into killing-Navarre territory), then have Navarre finish him and get M!Robin clear of Hammerman (who should have made his way around the forest by now). On your turn, Hammerman will attack Navarre, who survives. On your turn, kill Hammerman with Navarre. Wait for the healer to come around the bend, then kill her however you wish. This should work, though I wasn't able to do it exactly this way (unfortunately, +ATK Reinhardt kills Navarre after Olivia's +4 buff, but maybe neutral-ATK won't?).

I'm not 100% sure if your strategy will work here, Arcanite, but that's just because I'm not sure how much of an effect my differing boon/bane combinations have here (my Reinhardt is +ATK/-SPD, and my M!Robin is +DEF/-HP). The map can be cleared with that team tho, so I think it could work.

I hope this helps.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

2 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Quick question: is it reasonably possible for a 3* Fem!Robin to be able to kill her counter part? Or does she just never get enough attack to do it?

Hard Grand Hero Battle F!Robin has 18 RES.

3-Star F!Robin has a maximum of 31 ATK (with Elwind or Gronnwolf).

So yeah, 3-Star F!Robin can kill herself, if you can get the other F!Robin she's supposed to be killing under either 13 HP (no skill proc) or 26 HP (with Glowing Ember proc).

5 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Quick question: is it reasonably possible for a 3* Fem!Robin to be able to kill her counter part? Or does she just never get enough attack to do it?

Enemy F!Robin only has 18 Res on the hard version of her map (3* Lv. 40 F!Robin has 31 Atk). You might want to chip her first, but...yeah, she can.

Edit: I've been nailed by a wild shuriken D: .

Edited by LordFrigid

5 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Your strat worked perfectly with Camilla. Thanks!

Now I just gotta figure out the quests...

Awesome! I'm thrilled to know I'm not useless.

Now I just need to do those lunatic ones myself and see how well that team I've been working on performs and is hopefully also not useless.

Also I'm not sure if you're ok with it, but I noticed that spreadsheet you put up had your actual name in it. 

good luck on the quests, seems like a whole lot for two orbs, but every bit counts when you're F2P right?

EDIT: I forgot that you can also get the heroes through quests, they have some pretty good skills to pass around!

Edited by BestFriendJ0
forgetfulness

Not sure I'm going to be able to do the harder quests on my secondary account. I never seem to know how to use the units I have just so. I have a few ready that might be useful - Spring!Xander has high res, but F!Robin laughs at him, Camilla's res is poor, F!Robin is a requirement, even if I have her at 4* level 40, Rebecca could be useful, and then there's Sanaki and Julia, but I just can't seem to put them together right. 

My Navarre on the secondary account is a 3* level 32 -.-

For anyone who still needs help with beating F!Robin's quests.

Mkv posted five different team comps for beating F!Robin on Hard, all of which used 3* free units.

The first one used F!Robin to kill F!Robin (so there's that quest done).

The other four all used Navarre (one of which included a level 1 Navarre that didn't need to do anything).

Just now, Cute Chao said:

@MaskedAmpharos

That's handy, thanks :D 

They haven't happened to post Navarre ones, too, have they xD 

Asking for a friend... (called Kiran on my second accout xD )

Not yet, but I imagine those are harder and would take more time. 

The only quest I have left is the "kill Navarre with Navarre" one, but I'm still in the process of training my own Navarre up. 

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Not yet, but I imagine those are harder and would take more time. 

The only quest I have left is the "kill Navarre with Navarre" one, but I'm still in the process of training my own Navarre up. 

I was lucky - I make a habit of training up each GHB to 40 4* just 'cos, so my Navarre was ready to go. Hardest part was trying to force other Navarre in the right direction. I had to get a whole new character in just to lure him -.- 

I don't have Narcian on my secondary account. Not sure if Camilla + emerald axe would work in his stead. It'd be useful if they could redo Michalis and Narcian xD 

Good luck training Navarre :) 

And now I wait if to learn if it's possible for a 3* Navarre to fight Lunatic Navarre. Probably gonna be a drag.

F!Robin fighting F!Robin was a bit easy. Then again, she and Narcian only had hard versions unlike the recent GHBs which had lunatic versions and on my end, F!Robin has Gronnraven+ for extra damage and Ursula has Blarblade and R Tomebreaker letting her trivialize the axe fighter, red mage, and kind of the blue mage. I tried to go Horse Emblem, but it was overkill, so F!Robin couldn't even do a thing. I think I ended up using Eirika, Olivia, F!Robin, and Ursula to have F!Robin defeat herself.

The question is how will I do the Navarre quests? I don't even want another Navarre; I just want to complete the quests. I just got rid of +6 units and now I'm getting even more. F!Robin at least has B Tomebreaker, but Navarre... What am I going to do with your skills? F!Robin on Lunatic Navarre is doable, but she does have Gronnraven+, I can't get T-Adept 3. I can't even afford T-Adept 1 without having to grind F!Robin and the end result is a 4* Navarre... I'd rather do the 3 other quests since I'd get another 3* F!Robin and 2 orbs, but hey, at least I'll get more Desperation 2 and Threaten Speed 3 fodder, so might as well...

Edited by Kaden

@MaskedAmpharos

I've got two accounts. The main one, which always seems to have the right units raring to go and I was able to complete these quests on with a bit of fiddling, and the secondary which hasn't had as much time put into it. It has several strong units,  but they never seem to be the right ones for the job xD I'll need to get power levelling some of the freebie units. I didn't keep any of the neutral ones, though, so I hope it won't make too much of a difference ^.^

Edited by Cute Chao

@Kaden Yes, 3-Star Navarre with maxed ATK can deal 10 (with Killing Edge) or 11 (with Steel Sword) damage to Lunatic Navarre (or 20 / 21 damage with a Rising Wind proc on your attack), so he could kill himself if you softened Lunatic Navarre up first... though 3-Star Navarre also gets killed by Lunatic Navarre, since he'll get doubled and killed (Lunatic Navarre deals 26 damage to 3-Star Navarre twice. 3-Star Navarre has a max of 38 HP. 3-Star Navarre cannot possibly survive being attacked by Lunatic Navarre, or even attacking and failing to kill Lunatic Navarre).

As for what to do with your Navarre copies, that's a tough one. Navarre can give Threaten SPD 3, a Killing Edge or Blazing Wind to people if you want to give them those things. I think there are better sources of Killing Edges, and I'm not sure who wants Blazing Wind, but Threaten SPD 3 is a useful debuff aura, so you could use him for that.

Good luck with the rest of the quests, mate.

How would a 3 star +Def/-Res Draug or a 4 star Zephiel go with the ninjas in this map? i was thinking of just not using Life or Death for Zephiel for survivability because I notice I only have a few Reds for the Axe guy and most are frail (Lyn, Sanaki, Tharja). The Hammer at least has weapon triangle disadvantage against the armours so hopefully that helps (maybe work with Zephiel's Reprisal?)

worst comes to worst maybe i'll give my f!Robin that free 3 star Cecilia's Gronblade so she can at least do something?

Just now, mcsilas said:

How would a 3 star +Def/-Res Draug or a 4 star Zephiel go with the ninjas in this map? i was thinking of just not using Life or Death for Zephiel for survivability because I notice I only have a few Reds for the Axe guy and most are frail (Lyn, Sanaki, Tharja). The Hammer at least has weapon triangle disadvantage against the armours so hopefully that helps (maybe work with Zephiel's Reprisal?)

worst comes to worst maybe i'll give my f!Robin that free 3 star Cecilia's Gronblade so she can at least do something?

I'm personally not a fan of armored units in GHB as they are hard to move. List of your other units so that I can possibly build a team for you?

23 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

@Kaden Yes, 3-Star Navarre with maxed ATK can deal 10 (with Killing Edge) or 11 (with Steel Sword) damage to Lunatic Navarre (or 20 / 21 damage with a Rising Wind proc on your attack), so he could kill himself if you softened Lunatic Navarre up first... though 3-Star Navarre also gets killed by Lunatic Navarre, since he'll get doubled and killed (Lunatic Navarre deals 26 damage to 3-Star Navarre twice. 3-Star Navarre has a max of 38 HP. 3-Star Navarre cannot possibly survive being attacked by Lunatic Navarre, or even attacking and failing to kill Lunatic Navarre).

As for what to do with your Navarre copies, that's a tough one. Navarre can give Threaten SPD 3, a Killing Edge or Blazing Wind to people if you want to give them those things. I think there are better sources of Killing Edges, and I'm not sure who wants Blazing Wind, but Threaten SPD 3 is a useful debuff aura, so you could use him for that.

Good luck with the rest of the quests, mate.

Oh, great, then I should get him up to 4*. Trying to position him to get the kill is going to be a pain. Trying to make sure Lunatic Navarre doesn't accidentally die is another issue since the last time I fought him, he decided charging into Sully was a good idea. Sure, Tiki would have taken no damage, but really, dude? Wait until the thief attacks Tiki first and then attack Tiki. Nope, charge into Sully while Tiki destroys the thief... Idiot.

Maybe I should try nstyler's strategy. Gonna need to level up Donnel who keeps popping up in Mkv's strategies that it's annoying because I haven't gotten him to level 40 yet.

Well, I kind of like Navarre's design -- he, unsurprisingly, reminds me of old Chinese kung fu films -- and I like his voice. As a unit on the other hand, he got the short end of the stick compared to the other GHB units. Then again, he's a sword infantry and there are tons of them.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

he, unsurprisingly, reminds me of old Chinese kung fu films

That's what you think of when you see Navarre?

I don't see it

at all lol

But to each his own I guess. You saying this makes me want to re watch Ip Man 2 and 3 heh

22 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Gronblade so she can at least do something?

Cecilia gets Gronnraven not Gronnblade!

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

That's what you think of when you see Navarre?

I don't see it

at all lol

But to each his own I guess. You saying this makes me want to re watch Ip Man 2 and 3 heh

Cecilia gets Gronnraven not Gronnblade!

Ooops, I meant Gronnraven!

@Kiran 

sure i'll make a list when I get home. Mobile posting is tricky right now

Edited by mcsilas