New banner revealed: World of Radiance!

Vaximillian

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

On the other hand, that's using the starting base, and I think the opening map having four named characters is a bit too dangerous that early in the story.

This, on the other hand, is the final map of a set, and the fifth unit is both somewhat unneccesary and looks tacked-on to the enemy side.

Of course, I acknowledge it's only a theory.

6-1 is four named characters. 

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Lyn? What's wrong with Lyn's eyes?

Her eyes are too far apart from each other in her attacking art.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

6-1 is four named characters. 

And it wiped the floor with me my first time around.

...Although now I honestly forget how this relates to whatever the original argument was about.

2 minutes ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

Path Of Radiance characters revealed after I get Path Of Radiance working on my computer? Coincidence? I think not!

PoR characters after I've finished watching a Let's Play of the games. I just find it amusing, and gave me more connection to the banner characters haha

Woo, finally. Now let's hope my recent luck WRT pulling focus units reverses itself and I can actually pull one of these guys. I've been pulling blues since the start of the SoV banner and still no Clair or Lukas. :[

IT'S ABOUT FUCKIN' TIME, IS! WOOOOOO!!

Though it's missing Elincia. :( Why no Elincia?! She's a main character of the game too! Ike even mentions his contract to her in that map! Maybe they didn't want another Pegasus so soon...

Also, something is very odd. Jason Adkins is NOT Ike's voice actor this time. This is weird because they had previously gotten Adkins back to voice Ike in Codename Steam and Fates. What happened here? o_O I thought he did just fine as Ike's voice at least in Codename Steam. I wonder if he was already in the middle of another voice project and couldn't find the time? That does happen with actors once in awhile, so...

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

IT'S ABOUT FUCKIN' TIME, IS! WOOOOOO!!

Though it's missing Elincia. :( Why no Elincia?! She's a main character of the game too! Ike even mentions his contract to her in that map! Maybe they didn't want another Pegasus so soon...

Also, something is very odd. Jason Adkins is NOT Ike's voice actor this time. This is weird because they had previously gotten Adkins back to voice Ike in Codename Steam and Fates. What happened here? o_O I thought he did just fine as Ike's voice at least in Codename Steam. I wonder if he was already in the middle of another voice project and couldn't find the time? That does happen with actors once in awhile, so...

Bit too samey-niche with either Ike or Mist regardless of which they chose? (Did they ever have a banner with two heroes of the same niche?)

I'm right with you on waiting for her, though.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

If I were to guess, she's likely getting a focus of her own at some point down the line. Perhaps with some of the Crimean Royal Knights. My thought here is they wanted to keep the focus here on the core members of Ike's family and the Greil Mercenaries.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Most likely because this is more of a Greil Mercenaries banner than it is a Path of Radiance banner from the looks of it.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Bit too samey-niche with either Ike or Mist regardless of which they chose? (Did they ever have a banner with two heroes of the same niche?)

I'm right with you on waiting for her, though.

Yeah, Lucius and Priscilla were in the same banner and both were made healers, even though many of us think Lucius should've been a blue mage.

And then there were the Pegasus and wyvern banners, though those were for the gauntlet.

Also, I just realized, I nearly called this banner! Earlier I said I wanted a PoR banner with Ike, Elincia, Titania, Soren, and Oscar. I got three of those right!

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Lucius and Priscilla were in the same banner and both were made healers, even though many of us think Lucius should've been a blue mage.

And then there were the Pegasus and wyvern banners, though those were for the gauntlet.

Also, I just realized, I nearly called this banner! Earlier I said I wanted a PoR banner with Ike, Elincia, Titania, Soren, and Oscar. I got three of those right!

Cavalry and infantry separation is practically required to handle that, though. And yeah, the gauntlet banners don't really count.

Though it's just a theory, I wouldn't count Oscar out yet. Elincia's almost definitely coming later, but we've definitely seen a generic pretending to be Oscar (which may or may not count as evidence against my theory).

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Cavalry and infantry separation is practically required to handle that, though. And yeah, the gauntlet banners don't really count.

Though it's just a theory, I wouldn't count Oscar out yet. Elincia's almost definitely coming later, but we've definitely seen a generic pretending to be Oscar (which may or may not count as evidence against my theory).

Possibly. If not Oscar, I'd love Boyd too. I love the merc brothers! Their dynamic and relationship is so awesome.

If Elincia is getting her own Crimean knight banner, Kieran and Marcia better be in it! They're in that gang too! I call Elincia, Geoffrey, Lucia, Kieran, and Marcia for it. Sorry, Bastian and Makalov. But you ain't notable enough and you'd make the banner too big. xP

Though I can totally see the game trolling me again and handing me Geoffster instead of Marcia and Lucia instead of Elincia... (The former two would both be blue and the latter two would both be red)

Maps and stuff have been datamined here: 

The first 4 maps of the new story chapter seems to take place in Zenith, with only the last chapter located in Tellius.

Edited by Korath88

OKay, didn't expect that. I was expecting a big update with Ike having an animation for summoning, for when he'll appears...

Well, I'll try to have Ike or Mist. I'd like having Spur Def/Res 2 of my Robin.

Ike's armor and tunic got a tune-up! They look sweet! Though I wouldn't say it's exactly in character. One of the several things that made Ike stand out in the lord crowd was his clothing. The tatters and tears that were already there showed how he's a lot more casual and much less refined than other lords, and that he doesn't even care about clothes. lol But here you see no ripped sleeves or anything, just a few tatters on this cape.

But on the other hand, making his clothes a bit neater here might make the damaged art stand out a bit more as well. So I'm not really complaining too much. Besides, the outfit is just SMASHIN'. Heh heh.

Can't wait to see RD Ike! Maybe Adkins will still voice him? I wonder if IS decided since Adkins has gotten plenty older since the first time he voiced Ike, he'd only fit as RD Ike these days.

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Possibly. If not Oscar, I'd love Boyd too. I love the merc brothers! Their dynamic and relationship is so awesome.

If Elincia is getting her own Crimean knight banner, Kieran and Marcia better be in it! They're in that gang too! I call Elincia, Geoffrey, Lucia, Kieran, and Marcia for it. Sorry, Bastian and Makalov. But you ain't notable enough and you'd make the banner too big. xP

Though I can totally see the game trolling me again and handing me Geoffster instead of Marcia and Lucia instead of Elincia... (The former two would both be blue and the latter two would both be red)

I can see you getting Geoffrey and Lucia, me getting Marcia and Elincia and both being sad lol

Elincia might be a staffbot flier... but hopefully not.

Btw, the banners are always balanced for the main so it won't be five charries - it'll be 2/3 of each gender.

Will they have Radiant Dawn Ike tho? I mean, if they do add in Radiant Dawn Ike, then we would eventually have three Ikes in the game: PoR Ike, RD Ike, and Choose Your Heroes Ike. 

Tbh, I don't see them adding RD Ike for that reason.

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I can see you getting Geoffrey and Lucia, me getting Marcia and Elincia and both being sad lol

Elincia might be a staffbot flier... but hopefully not.

Btw, the banners are always balanced for the main so it won't be five charries - it'll be 2/3 of each gender.

I know, right?

And she better not be when Amiti exists! IS can't just ignore another unique weapon. Amiti would have built-in brave weapon capabilities too and could make Lincy the best flier to date. ^^

We've had banners with five characters. I'm pretty sure the second sibling banner and the FE7 banner had five or six.

@Armagon Yet we will have three Lucinas when the CYL heroes come (regular Lucina, bunny Lucina, CYL Lucina) and RD Ike was one of the most popular characters in the poll alongside his younger self. I don't see them NOT adding him for these reasons.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Armagon said:

Will they have Radiant Dawn Ike tho? I mean, if they do add in Radiant Dawn Ike, then we would eventually have three Ikes in the game: PoR Ike, RD Ike, and Choose Your Heroes Ike. 

Tbh, I don't see them adding RD Ike for that reason.

They will definitely add RD Ike, there is no doubt. He will probably usurp Micaiah when the time for a RD banner comes.

Titania might challenge my earlier assumption that I wouldn't spend any money on this game, hopefully I get lucky.

Also yeah, about time a new story chapter dropped.

Edited by SecondWorld