Voting Gauntlet: Battle of the Mages!

Vaximillian

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. Voting Gauntlet counted for "KO with specific character" quests: I wonder if it'll also count for Hero Merit?

Well, we now know what the bracket looks like and the gauntlet starts on the 12th with the banners being available now. We have Linde v Tharja, Julia v Sanaki, Merric v Robin and Henry v Leo with the females on one end and the males on the other. I'm certainly looking forward to this gauntlet just like the previous ones, I don't know about anyone else.

Friday, huh? First time one of these has gone over a weekend.

Still wish Nino was on it instead of Julia. Maybe Nino isn't there because she's available as a 3* and all the other female mages are at least 4*? But then Henry is available at 3* on the other side.

Anyway, go Linde!

I think I'm joining team Linde this Friday. Well, maybe Merric first just 'cause. Anyway, this has got to be a sign, right?

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170508-021033.thumb.png.634df0bf13edfef3614d21d7117225d0.png

First summon of the ladies' side and I get two of them. Kind of wished the green was Julia or at least Camilla, Nino, Sheena, or some other green I don't have, but hey, my luck's gotta run out some time, right? If I do summon another time and I get Julia or Tharja, I might jump ship. Sorry, Linde, I've never played Shadow Dragon and while I think you're an awesome unit, I like Tharja and I've played Awakening and Julia's voiced by Cassandra Morris who voices Edea Lee. Then again, Linde shares the same voice actress as Cordelia and Selena...

Oh, and if anyone's curious about their boon/bane, the left one is +HP, -Spd and the right one is neutral. Don't want to merge them even after getting all of one of their skill since, eh, I don't like merging because of the whole if you use them, you might end up encountering really powerful teams on arena and I'm not that great with arena -- does not help that I haphazardly make teams which recently, I've been using entirely bonus units.

Edited by Kaden

Just now, Kaden said:

I think I'm joining team Linde this Friday. Well, maybe Merric first just 'cause. Anyway, this has got to be a sign, right?

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20170508-021033.thumb.png.634df0bf13edfef3614d21d7117225d0.png

First summon of the ladies' side and I get two of them. Kind of wished the green was Julia or at least Camilla, Nino, Sheena, or some other green I don't have, but hey, my luck's gotta run out some time, right? If I do summon another time and I get Julia or Tharja, I might jump ship. Sorry, Linde, I've never played Shadow Dragon and while I think you're an awesome unit, I like Tharja better and Julia's voiced by Cassandra Morris who voices Edea Lee. Then again, Linde shares the same voice actress as Cordelia and Selena...

Oh, and if anyone's curious about their boon/bane, the left is +HP, -Spd and the right is neutral. Don't want to merge them since, eh, I don't like merging because of the whole if you use them, you might end up encountering really powerful teams on arena and I'm not that great with arena -- does not help that I haphazardly make teams which recently, I've been using entirely bonus units.

Ah you are so lucky!

After just getting Hector and Nino, Linde is the last character I REALLY want to get.

Just now, Xaos Steel Wing said:

Ah you are so lucky!

After just getting Hector and Nino, Linde is the last character I REALLY want to get.

You can say that again. Kagero finally showed up too!

When I started out on this main file, I was plagued with having a small pool of blue units to choose from while having about half of the available greens in the game when Julia was released within like 6 to 10 summons. Reds in general were a nightmare to deal with when all I had were 3* +HP, -Def Gwendolyn, neutral Jagen, Sharena, and a -Atk, +Spd Subaki. No random 5* units like Hawkeye or Lucina or even 4* without promoting which I did for Sharena, but she was still struggling when the weight of being the only 4* blue was on her. It sucked. At the moment, my blues are pretty good, but before Linde, my only good mage was Ursula. M!Robin showed up as -Atk, +Def which is great for tanking, but kind of sucks when he's marginally stronger than Odin without Blarblade and for me, had to compete with F!Robin who while green, has a default -breaker skill and neutral attack. Anyway, I digress.

47 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

Managed to get Sanaki so I'm definitely on team apostle now.

Lucky you, I really want a Sanaki but have to wait for my orbs to replenish before I can even try to pull her. Still won't stop me from fighting for our empress though.

Looking at the bracket, it seems Tharja and Robin will have an easy win this round. Leo will probably win as well, but the new mechanic might screw him over. I have honestly no idea who is more popular between Sanaki and Julia, but Sanaki's game was released in the west, so I can see her winning because of that.

I can see every round apart from the finals to have at least one intresting match, so this might just become the most exiting gauntlet yet.

Just noticed the new gauntlet was about mages when I logged in today. This is a hard one... Eeeeh, I suppose I'm going to support Robin, but I'll be cheering on Julia and Leo as well. Unless you can convince me otherwise.

#WindyFlareGreenHairDontCare I swear I'm hip. Look I can hashtag.

You better believe this is going to be the Gauntlet that I blow all of my flags on the first round. (Or at least the ones I get.) I'm going to go down fighting like a valiant warrior!

After that I'll either go Sanaki or Robin. Sanaki and Julia may be pretty close, but I'm thinking that Julia will probably win. Leo will probably win his match-up. I'm kind of hoping that Linde comes out on top of hers. Her reputation as a great unit may help her out. 

So... who is the most likely to win all the marbles? I don't really love any of the choices of either mage class. Robin is cool but I don't care much for him either so in that case I'm just going to go for efficiency since this is my first gauntlet.

Tharja is super popular from what I hear around, I like Linde more but should I just vote for Tharja if I'm going for the win?

Edited by Zeo

Yay! The first round makes sense again! :D We won't end up with two females vying for the end role in a male mages vs female mages bout (unlike the pegs vs wyvern bout... why did they do it that way? Still bugs me).

Team Leo are go!

30 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So... who is the most likely to win all the marbles? I don't really love any of the choices of either mage class. Robin is cool but I don't care much for either so in that case I'm just going to go for efficiency since this is my first gauntlet.

Tharja is super popular from what I hear around, I like Linde more but just I vote for Tharja if I'm going for the win?

Tharja will likely win, but you can possibly get more overall points by voting for the underdog, based on the whole 3x votes system that will be in effect. You only get 500 feathers for winning, but you can get more if you play it tactically. I don't play tactically. I just go for my favourites lol

26 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So... who is the most likely to win all the marbles? I don't really love any of the choices of either mage class. Robin is cool but I don't care much for either so in that case I'm just going to go for efficiency since this is my first gauntlet.

Tharja is super popular from what I hear around, I like Linde more but just I vote for Tharja if I'm going for the win?

Tharja is indeed the likely winner, so if you just want to be on the winning team, she's the one to go with.

I should however note that being on the winning team is not the best way to get hero feathers, since it's easier to rank on the less popular teams (so much that it beats the winner bonus). Furthermore, your points get triples when you're on the losing side, meaning you will rank higher in the overal ranking as well. Your choice though.

That complicates things.... it would be easier if I actually really liked any of the choices. I'll probably just procrastinate until the day and make a decision then.