New info on FE Warriors

Just now, Von Ithipathachai said:

Now hold on just a second, buckaroo...  We still haven't seen any of Fire Emblem Switch.

If I were you, I'd probably wait until we see info on that.  If it looks good, then I can partly forgive them for not including a more diverse character lineup.  If not, ...then I suppose we all can be as negative as we like now, won't we?

I suppose so...

Perhaps I am being too negative. 

I just think that harsh negativity is sometimes required to create a diverse discussion which accounts for all viewpoints. 

Sorry if I offended anybody.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Dandee Leone said:

I suppose so...

Perhaps I am being too negative. 

I just think that harsh negativity is sometimes required to create a diverse discussion which accounts for all viewpoints. 

Sorry if I offended anybody.

I totally understand that.  As a huge Shin Megami Tensei fan as well, I can relate.  The Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE debacle is still fresh in my mind.

It's a learning experience, though, one that will hopefully enable us to create better discourse in the future.

18 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I only counted 3 Links and 2 Zeldas (unless you're counting Sheik and Tetra). Remember, Linkle wasn't a "Link."

Anyway, I would say that at 70% completion, the base roster is already planned out. 

There's Link, toon link, young link, and Ravio. For Zelda there's her, toon zelda, tetra, shiek, and Marrin *since some consider her to be dream zelda* honestly forgot about tetra so there's 5 zeldas actually.

True that with it being so far along there's little possibility for any additions, but certainly not impossible. Plus what they're saying either can mean that those are the only ones revealed, or are the only ones playable in the story, there could be something like Adventure mode which could unlock those characters like Lyn and Roy and Ike, though that may be a little far going and be a far reach and it may just be all that's in the game.

Edited by LucarioGamer812
altered my point so it made sense

3 hours ago, The DanMan said:

Shion and Lian look really generic, if you ask me.
There's one screen where Shion is holding a lance, so it's possible that they can use different weapons.

Didnt see that image, maybe then. A little bit of it is admittidly hope that they arent. If they put in an Avatar I would like them to be fully  customizable, not just weapon and potential class.

Man.... so much upsettness over the news of 3 general games being chosen for major characters...

And here i am just happy in general that we finally get some news on this game. I do hope them mentioning classes and weapon triangles dont make them forget about trying to implement dragon characters into the game. playing a dragon in a warriors game would be pretty rad.

Also, I just found out that there is debate whether or not the playable characters will be "mostly" or "only" from Awakening, Fates, and SHadow Dragon. 

The person who originally translated it strongly believes the proper translation is "only"

So yeah, Ike and Lyn most likely stand no chance of being in the base game, despite being the most popular characters from the series. And this game;s base roster is supposedly going to have the largest base roster count ever. RIP Tellius, Magvel, Judgral, Elibe, and Valentia. 

Damn, this hurts. 

SOURCE: 

12 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Also, I just found out that there is debate whether or not the playable characters will be "mostly" or "only" from Awakening, Fates, and SHadow Dragon. 

The person who originally translated it strongly believes the proper translation is "only"

So yeah, Ike and Lyn most likely stand no chance of being in the base game, despite being the most popular characters from the series. And this game;s base roster is supposedly going to have the largest base roster count ever. RIP Tellius, Magvel, Judgral, Elibe, and Valentia. 

Damn, this hurts. 

SOURCE: 

And yet...

OCs: Swords

Marth: Sword

Xander: Sword

Ryoma: Sword

Corrin : Sword

Chrom: Sword

Robin: Sword (unless he/she only uses tomes)

Lucina: Sword

This list could go on.

Meanwhile...

Ephraim: Lance

Hector: Axe

Micaiah: Magic

Sigurd: Lance, I think?

Granted, there are still more lords that also have swords, but there are still plenty of other reasonable character choices that don't have swords. And some of the lords also wield a second weapon when they promote (axes for Ike, bows for Lyn, lances for Eliwood, and so on). Like I said before, I think the "too many swords" reason is so freaking stupid.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sigurd: Lance, I think?

Sigurd could use lances, but he was a Sword user first and foremost.  He had Major Baldur blood, after all.

Not that I don't agree that the reason is stupid.

Edited by Glaceon Sage

16 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Damn, this hurts. 

SOURCE: 

...I'm organizing a raid, who wants in?

Serious answer, I'm gravely disappointed with that decision. I would probably still wind up getting it anyway if I ever own a Switch or New 2DS, but I was really hoping for Hector or Roy. (It was just too good to be true)

2 minutes ago, Glaceon Sage said:

Sigurd could use lances, but he was a Sword user first and foremost.  He had Major Baldur blood, after all.

Not that I don't agree that the reason is stupid.

Oh, okay. But yeah, the reason is still stupid. It feels like IS was digging for excuses to just use newer characters and Marth-related ones and keep people like Ike and Lyn out. >_>

4 minutes ago, Blade_of_Light said:

Serious answer, I'm gravely disappointed with that decision. I would probably still wind up getting it anyway if I ever own a Switch or New 2DS, but I was really hoping for Hector or Roy. (It was just too good to be true)

The fact that we live in a world where Peri is far more likely for an FE Warriors game, a game so many of us have dreamed for so long, than the like of Ike, Roy, and Lyn (all of whom are literal icons of the series) is sad. Simply sad. 

Edited by Dandee Leone

7 minutes ago, Blade_of_Light said:

Yes, yes, so many people are disappointed, can we move on now?

5 hours ago, Lord Raymond said:

I'll admit, I started playing the Tellius games because I heard of Ike in Smash Bros and I liked him there. I'm sure a bunch of you can relate. But the people who play his games after Smash Bros don't like him for his "memey lines" and "how good he is in Smash Bros". People liked him because he is the protaganist of some of the best FE games, he is a great character with a well-written personality, and he also has great stats in his own game. That is why people like him, not because of "I fight for my friends".

Agreed. Nowhere in PoR or Radiant Dawn does Ike utter those memetic words either (and said meme is NA only I think- Japan doesn't have it).

It reminds me of Cloud Strife. In his original appearance in FFVII, he isn't an overly edgy protagonist like he's made out to be, he does have psyche issues, but they're understandable. It's everything that came afterwards, KIngdom Hearts and Advent Children I think, which ruined Cloud's public image.

1 hour ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

There's Link, toon link, young link, and Ravio. For Zelda there's her, toon zelda, tetra, shiek, and Marrin *since some consider her to be dream zelda* honestly forgot about tetra so there's 5 zeldas actually.

I wouldn't count Ravio, he is his own person in personality and identity, despite being Lorule's Link. And Marin is not a dream Zelda, one little line of dialogue does not a correlation make.

7 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

The fact that we live in a world where Peri is far more likely for an FE Warriors game, a game so many of us have dreamed for so long, than the like of Ike, Roy, and Lyn (all of whom are literal icons of the series) is sad. Simply sad. 

I love how the Japanese comments on Famitsu are complaining more about the original character designs than this.

Just goes to show how much the mere-exposure effect is at work.

It's much more fun to hang out with the people making fun lightheartedly of it being Dragon ball musou.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm remaining optimistic until evidence is placed in front of me as deterrent. The translation itself may very well be 100% accurate and I've no reason to discredit the translator's work, however I don't want to consider the information as fact until there is something 100% concrete.

7 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I love how the Japanese comments on Famitsu are complaining more about the original character designs than this.

It's much more fun to hang out with the people making fun lightheartedly of it being Dragon ball musou.

There is nothing wrong with voicing your disappointment.

Blind optimism for the sake of pretending to have a grand ol' time is simply meaningless. 

Edited by Dandee Leone

7 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

But I've wanted to see this title since before Awakening. But I'm sure as hell not anywhere near the Musou fan as @Jedi

But man people act like it's the end of the world.

People are severely overreacting and being stuck up and selfish, I warned people plenty in advance that this may be the cards we get dealt, and that when that time comes. We'll truly see. I'm getting reports that we might not be 100% locked to the 3 games but people are jumping the gun.

The article itself isn't fully translated by any source I trust right now so I don't know the full implications, but the amount of backlash we as a community are giving this is just downright childish.

Edited by Jedi

7 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

There is nothing wrong with voicing your disappointment.

Blind optimism for the sake of pretending to have a grand ol' time is simply stupid. 

Yet it's funny that the community on the other side of the pacific has significantly less problems with it, yet would probably be more hardcore than most of the people in the English community.

For a country that has had FE4 longer than any translation patch, them having a different reaction in general compared to the shitstorm in this thread and on twitter shows that there is a lot more behind this than "veteran vs newcomer" pandering.

Do you remember the Soleil and skinship controversy for Fates? I have screenshots from the JP community making fun and mocking us for getting our panties in a knot.

The English speakers are known as whiny babies to them.

Edited by shadowofchaos

15 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

To be fair, Elibe and Tellius (other than Roy I guess) are much less popular in Japan, aren't they?

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

To be fair, Elibe and Tellius (other than Roy I guess) are much less popular in Japan, aren't they?

I thought so. And then Ike poll happened.

6 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

That poll mostly showed that Smash has carried Ike's popularity but Tellius itself remains not very notable in Japan. 

Should note that, Japan thought Sakurai redesigned Ike in smash 4, instead of it just being his FE10 look.

Edited by Jedi

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I know for sure the games sold terrible, but hmm, yeah, the CYL poll does say otherwise. I'm not entirely sure, especially since the poll is international, and a lot of Japanese people on the internet seem to make fun of Ike instead of being happy at seeing him.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

People are severely overreacting and being stuck up and selfish, I warned people plenty in advance that this may be the cards we get dealt, and that when that time comes. We'll truly see.

The article itself isn't fully translated by any source I trust right now so I don't know the full implications, but the amount of backlash we as a community are giving this is just downright childish.

I'm satisfied since I thoroughly enjoyed Awakening and felt like there was more that could have been expanded upon from it with just the same characters.

I didn't so much enjoy Fates because it felt more like Awakening 2.0. It saw Awakening was successful and for a large part, to me, seemed like they were doing it again differently and hoping it'd be better than people make it out to be. I enjoy some of the characters but they feel more like a mish-mash of traits trying to live up to archetypes from a different angle.

Shadow Dragon is a funny one for me because I have access to both, it and New Mystery but never actually try to play them. I've done a few chapters and stopped on both games because I just can't be bothered with them. Which in a roundabout way, is actually a good reason for me to play them. So I can decide who from them I want to be playable and why.

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

That doesn't necessarily correlate though...

12 minutes ago, Jedi said:

People are severely overreacting and being stuck up and selfish, I warned people plenty in advance that this may be the cards we get dealt, and that when that time comes. We'll truly see. I'm getting reports that we might not be 100% locked to the 3 games but people are jumping the gun.

They actually said "mostly" in numerous places, but to these people, the guilty parties that is, "mostly" is an absolute certainty(which I've noticed in recent times), it's not just here, actually.

I'm more impressed(see: not really) at how long the armchair philosophies with upset people lasted rather than people actually being upset, that was a given. I don't fully blame some of those who were upset, since shock value is a thing.

10 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Do you remember the Soleil and skinship controversy for Fates? I have screenshots from the JP community making fun and mocking us for getting our panties in a knot.

The English speakers are known as whiny babies to them.

I just want to get a little off topic here and say while I was skimming, I misread the shit out of Soleil as Soledai and thought; "Why am I being mentioned??"