New info on FE Warriors

Well, fuck those Japanese people if they like to make fun of us for caring about the game series. Since Awakening, the 70% of the sales of the Fire Emblem games has come from the West. I don't mean to sound elitist, but if they should be pandering to anyone, they should be pandering to us. We shouldn't honor the Japanese people because they have had it longer. We shouldn't assume the Japanese know best. I'm sure they are fine with it because the majority's favorite games are Mystery of the Emblem, Awakening, and Fates. We SHOULD complain. We SHOULD let Intelligent Systems know that we refuse to be ignored because we give them a much greater portion of their money than the Japanese. And I refuse to let someone tell me that "you all are whiny babies, people across the Pacific are fine with it and so should you". Sorry if we aren't "fun" to be around, because we are talking about something that matters to us that we are angry about!

Edited by Lord Raymond

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Lord Raymond said:

Well, fuck those Japanese people if they like to make fun of us for caring about the game series. Since Awakening, the 70% of the sales of the Fire Emblem games has come from the West. I don't mean to sound elitist, but if they should be pandering to anyone, they should be pandering to us. We shouldn't honor the Japanese people because they have had it longer. We shouldn't assume the Japanese know best. I'm sure they are fine with it because the majority's favorite games are Mystery of the Emblem, Awakening, and Fates. We SHOULD complain. We SHOULD let Intelligent Systems know that we refuse to be ignored because we give them a much greater portion of their money than the Japanese. And I refuse to let someone tell me that "you all are whiny babies, people across the Pacific are fine with it and so should you".

"We shouldn't honor the people who made the franchise" 

Yeah you're a bit hard to take seriously right now. Take a breather and come back.

5 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Triggered

I at least like Lian, since she kinda looks like Noire with that hair.  Though yeah, two blonde sword users who are twins...  Definitely some connections there.

Won't be the first time we got something vaguely resembling twincest in FE, I'll tell you that much.

I'm gonna try to hope for the best on this one.

And it won't be the last either.

42 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

The fact that we live in a world where Peri is far more likely for an FE Warriors game, a game so many of us have dreamed for so long, than the like of Ike, Roy, and Lyn (all of whom are literal icons of the series) is sad. Simply sad. 

I'd post a twit from you know who, but I feel like that would just make things dissolve even further. I guess just be careful what you wish for?

38 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Yes, yes, so many people are disappointed, can we move on now?

No, it's more fun for them to simmer and stew...smells better too I'll bet.

25 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Yet it's funny that the community on the other side of the pacific has significantly less problems with it, yet would probably be more hardcore than most of the people in the English community.

For a country that has had FE4 longer than any translation patch, them having a different reaction in general compared to the shitstorm in this thread and on twitter shows that there is a lot more behind this than "veteran vs newcomer" pandering.

Do you remember the Soleil and skinship controversy for Fates? I have screenshots from the JP community making fun and mocking us for getting our panties in a knot.

The English speakers are known as whiny babies to them.

Any word on what they thought of the changes Treehouse made to the character; re-writing her S-supports and the entire Kamui/Corrin line?

The moment I saw the "feature generally from Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates" I knew there was going to be a shitstorm because the internet is a safe haven for people to complain about everything.

Me on the other hand, while a little disappointed we might not see characters from outside those games (at least in the base game) and the reason is dumb, I'm just glad we even got news on FE Warriors.

At least my girl Catria has a higher a chance of getting in.

Just now, Jedi said:

"We shouldn't honor the people who made the franchise" 

Yeah you're a bit hard to take seriously right now. Take a breather and come back.

I never said that. I said we shouldn't honor the Japanese people who PLAY it and call US whiners. Don't change my words.

2 minutes ago, Soledai said:

I just want to get a little off topic here and say while I was skimming, I misread the shit out of Soleil as Soledai and thought; "Why am I being mentioned??"

The Soledai Controversy™

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I know for sure the games sold terrible, but hmm, yeah, the CYL poll does say otherwise. I'm not entirely sure, especially since the poll is international, and a lot of Japanese people on the internet seem to make fun of Ike instead of being happy at seeing him.

I mean they're there.

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I mean they're there.

Do you think you can send a url so I can google translate this? I'm interested to know what they're saying specifically.

6 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

The Soledai Controversy™

I'm genuinely expecting something to happen now.

3 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Do you think you can send a url so I can google translate this? I'm interested to know what they're saying specifically.

Ditto.

14 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

Well, fuck those Japanese people if they like to make fun of us for caring about the game series. Since Awakening, the 70% of the sales of the Fire Emblem games has come from the West. I don't mean to sound elitist, but if they should be pandering to anyone, they should be pandering to us. We shouldn't honor the Japanese people because they have had it longer. We shouldn't assume the Japanese know best. I'm sure they are fine with it because the majority's favorite games are Mystery of the Emblem, Awakening, and Fates. We SHOULD complain. We SHOULD let Intelligent Systems know that we refuse to be ignored because we give them a much greater portion of their money than the Japanese. And I refuse to let someone tell me that "you all are whiny babies, people across the Pacific are fine with it and so should you". Sorry if we aren't "fun" to be around, because we are talking about something that matters to us that we are angry about!

You sound like the guy who was saying "The Japanese are stupid and gonna cause us to lose orbs" with the whole Twitter poll trivia saying "Roy was called a beast because his title was The Young Lion".

Calm the hell down and then come back.

You're acting like the token rebel teenager. No actually, you're talking like the typically offended Tumblrer. "I care about X. I care more than you or your Y. Fuck you." is what you just did.

5 minutes ago, Falcom said:

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201705/30134077.html

Edited by shadowofchaos

18 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

I'm upset too, but honestly, that's pretty uncalled for.  If you didn't type the bolded, I would think you were an elitist (no offense).

16 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I mean they're there.

But if you had to search around to find someone hoping for Ike, that just means Ike doesn't seem that popular doesn't it? Though, a Famitsu comment section doesn't say much to begin with I guess.

14 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Everyone's just hating on the new originals.

*walks into this destroyed wasteland and tiptoes through the destruction*

Well... all that happened.

Honestly, I'm admittedly disappointed and skeptical too; I'm blindly guessing the story writing may have been a factor, but yeah, the PR comment regarding swords isn't good enough to suppress (or rather has backfired for) the rage of those who wished for a larger variety of representation. I'm admittedly a bit sore too. I was worried of this, but eh, I'll at least hold out hope for the backlash (as much as I would not approve of some parts of the backlash) to possibly give hope for DLC or a sequel with more representation, should this game do good enough (which is why I still wish to get the game). At least Tiki still has a chance. :P

Shouldn't people wait until we have definite information and footage about the game before passing judgement?

I mean, I'm not anyone to try and stifle one's right to complain, but the information we have about the game is still little. I think it's unnecessarily hostile and pretty cringy to tell people to fuck off, speak for others by saying it's an affront to fans and claim the series is finished because a crossover game didn't include certain characters - which there is a chance they still might be in because no one knows the future.

Just now, Blade_of_Light said:

I'm upset too, but honestly, that's pretty uncalled for.  If you didn't type the bolded, I would think you were an elitist (no offense).

What about my comment is uncalled for? The fact I don't worship the Japanese because apparently they are the "gods" of Fire Emblem because they have had it longer? I know its a Japanese based company and I sound like an entitled whiner, but can't they at least acknowledge the opinions of the people where 70% of their income comes from? And while they have everything being pandered to them, they have the gall to call us whiners! 

2 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

What about my comment is uncalled for? The fact I don't worship the Japanese because apparently they are the "gods" of Fire Emblem because they have had it longer? I know its a Japanese based company and I sound like an entitled whiner, but can't they at least acknowledge the opinions of the people where 70% of their income comes from? And while they have everything being pandered to them, they have the gall to call us whiners! 

*citation needed

It's like the guy that claimed 90% of the FE fanbase was male.

To clarify: they're calling people like you whiners for throwing a fit for relatively insignificant things.

Like you're doing now.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Just now, saisymbolic said:

Shouldn't people wait until we have definite information and footage about the game before passing judgement?

I mean, I'm not anyone to try and stifle one's right to complain, but the information we have about the game is still little. I think it's unnecessarily hostile and pretty cringy to tell people to fuck off, speak for others by saying it's an affront to fans and claim the series is finished because a crossover game didn't include certain characters - which there is a chance they still might be in because no one knows the future.

I case you are referring to me, I'm not saying "fuck off" to the Japanese people that are accepting of the roster. Okay, I couldn't care less about that. But I say "fuck off" to the people who call English speakers "whiny babies".

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

You do realize that VincentASM, the site admin, would laugh at you for using VGchartz as a source, yes?

No I would not realize that. Care to inform me of a proper source where I can update my arguments?

5 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

No I would not realize that. Care to inform me of a proper source where I can update my arguments?

The burden of proof is on you, you know.

Regardless I'll assume you'd do so anyway.

Assuming that, why are you speaking for North America again?

The thread is clearly divided. So even then the 70% of sales opinions is not even known. The vocal ones are the minority.

Point about the "whiny babies" thing.

After localization shitstorm and #torrential downpour: The reputation is kind of warranted.

You are literally inciting "fuck off Japan" when all they pretty much say is: Take a chill pill America.

Edited by shadowofchaos

@Jedi

Plenty of people on Smashboards didn't know that Ike's Smash 4 design originated from RD; it was hardly a Japanese-only reaction.

But yeah, I called this. I got my stupidity out of my system right after announcement. Everything else they announced seems promising, so I'm still in it (largest roster of a first installment Warriors crossover? 20+ characters confirmed when I was scared there'd be 15 maximum).

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

The burden of proof is on you, you know.

Regardless I'll assume you'd do so anyway.

Assuming that, why are you speaking for North America again?

The thread is clearly divided. So even then the 70% of sales opinions is not even known. The vocal ones are the minority.

Point about the "whiny babies" thing.

After localization shotstorm and #torrential downpour: The reputation is kind of warranted.

You are literally inciting "fuck off Japan" when all they pretty much say is: Take a chill pill America.

I'm not inciting "fuck off Japan". I'm just pissed off that they are apparently calling us "whiny babies" while they have most of the stuff pandered to them.

So does anyone want to hazard a guess on what kind of maps they'll have? Seems like one's based on the major castles are a lock, and maybe other event like the rainstorm after Emmeryn's choice...

By using characters from Awakening and Fates, they ARE pandering to the west. It might be a hard pill to swallow, but ultimately that's the reality. 

As per Tatsumi Kmishima; 

In the past, the Fire Emblem series did not sell as well in the U.S. as it did in Japan. However, Fire Emblem Awakening greatly expanded the user base for the series, and the current entry, Fire Emblem Fates, has been popular abroad as well since launch.