New info on FE Warriors

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

There's a difference between finding something someone does to be weird and actually calling that person names for what they do. Nobody's calling Japanese whiny babies or creepy weirdos.

The fact that the announcement said that the game will pretty much only feature characters from three games, what else...

Were you gone for the majority of the time when I translated the My Castle trailer long ago?

"What the fuck is this feature?"

"Next they're going to let us touch... Further down when we S support them."

"Japan as usual."

They were calling America whiny babies for throwing a fit over Soleil.

You know when it was the Japanese support.

They called us babies when they threw a fit over changing said support. Because America threw a fit for changing it, yet would have threw a fit for not changing it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it looks like this game actually cares about Western audiences, by making sure to include characters from games that sold well here!

In other words, why is this a bad thing?

I feel like this topic has veered very hard off...

Also, 16 sword lords. That is the number we're working with if we include every game in the series. That is about half the expected cast. And that's not counting Hector, Elincia or even Kris.

Given that the weapon triangle is a mechanic in this game AND it's the first entry in a potential spin-off series, I don't understand how everyone is just jumping the gun and not looking at raw facts. Hyrule Warriors should have ALWAYS been used as a baseline for what to expect, yet it seems people were expecting Warriors Orochi instead.

Maybe I'm just a man of relatively reasonable temperament, but all this seems like a shitstorm that had no right existing.

Also I'd argue the reason they laugh at us for being whiny babies is because they aren't affected and don't really care but whatever

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

Were you gone for the majority of the time when I translated the My Castle trailer long ago?

They were calling America whiny babies for throwing a fit over Soleil.

You know when it was the Japanese support.

They called us babies when they threw a fit over changing said support. Because America threw a fit for changing it, yet would have threw a fit for not changing it.

...Yeah, I guess I was gone during then. My apologies for misunderstanding then. Yeah, those who complained about the changes were whiny babies. The change was perfectly fine and even necessary, imo. Seriously, drugging a kid? That's messed up to me.

2 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

...but come on. This is a combination of Fire Emblem and Dynasty Warriors. Of course its gonna have DLC.

I'm not saying it won't have DLC. All I'm saying is that they won't comment on something that they haven't announced as existing yet. 

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

But if you had to search around to find someone hoping for Ike, that just means Ike doesn't seem that popular doesn't it? Though, a Famitsu comment section doesn't say much to begin with I guess.

Everyone's just hating on the new originals.

I'm kind of neutral on them. I didn't really give them much attention.

49 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:
  Hide contents

2017-02-01_022834

Alright. My numbers for Japanese sales were slightly lower, but this doesn't really change my argument. Only about a third of the games are sold in Japan.

Wait, I thought Fates outsold Awakening (it did have 3 different versions after all). So I doubt if this is accurate.

46 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

@Jedi

Plenty of people on Smashboards didn't know that Ike's Smash 4 design originated from RD; it was hardly a Japanese-only reaction.

But yeah, I called this. I got my stupidity out of my system right after announcement. Everything else they announced seems promising, so I'm still in it (largest roster of a first installment Warriors crossover? 20+ characters confirmed when I was scared there'd be 15 maximum).

Well they probably didn't read the PotD description since I'm pretty sure it said where the design came from.

41 minutes ago, RedEyedDrake said:

Looks like IS has fully noticed the skewed perspective that resulted from the English fanbase's first exposure to the franchise proper being FE7 and decided to weed said part of the fanbase out in full force. Can't say I'm terribly surprised about this decision. Well, maybe Alm, Celica, Roy and Ike will get included if (and this is a big "if) IS bother to include amiibo functionality in this game. There's a decent chance that they won't, though, given the Ike is part of that list of four characters. Also, the Binding Shield's five Orbs were depicted with the Archanean Falchion, the Ylissean Falchion, the Yato, the Siegfried and the Raijinto inside of them in the very first trailer. So this game being focused on FE1/11, FE3/12, FE13 and FE14 only isn't terribly surprising even just within the context of Warriors itself.

Personally, I'm just happy to see the Archanean cast get included. Granted, the Valentian cast would have been a nice bonus but them's the breaks.

Also, IS. Please, for the love of all that is good in this world, lets Marth and the male Corrin have access to the FE12 look with the DS Falchion and the Binding Shield included as well as the Nohr Noble armor as alternate costumes. Pls.

The Amiibos could give us the sacred weapons for other characters.

25 minutes ago, Blade_of_Light said:

Didn't it only represent three games at its base release as well?

It did.

Just now, eclipse said:

So it looks like this game actually cares about Western audiences, by making sure to include characters from games that sold well here!

Meh. If these are referring to my posts from like an hour ago, than please don't quote me on those. Those arguments were pretty much fueled by rage. I just really like FE7-10 and would really like to see characters from those. I don't care much for SD, Awakening, and Fates.

1 minute ago, DaloDask said:

I feel like this topic has veered very hard off...

Also, 16 sword lords. That is the number we're working with if we include every game in the series. That is about half the expected cast. And that's not counting Hector, Elincia or even Kris.

Given that the weapon triangle is a mechanic in this game AND it's the first entry in a potential spin-off series, I don't understand how everyone is just jumping the gun and not looking at raw facts. Hyrule Warriors should have ALWAYS been used as a baseline for what to expect, yet it seems people were expecting Warriors Orochi instead.

Maybe I'm just a man of relatively reasonable temperament, but all this seems like a shitstorm that had no right existing.

Also I'd argue the reason they laugh at us for being whiny babies is because they aren't affected and don't really care but whatever

People are reasonably disappointed because FE has more notable and beloved characters beyond just three games in the series. Zelda has a much smaller cast to pick from. FE has much more, and excluding big fan favorites like Ike and Lyn really hurt this. Imo, excluding someone like Ike would be like excluding Yoshi or Luigi from a Mario spinoff!

3 minutes ago, Lord Raymond said:

Meh. If these are referring to my posts from like an hour ago, than please don't quote me on those. Those arguments were pretty much fueled by rage. I just really like FE7-10 and would really like to see characters from those. I don't care much for SD, Awakening, and Fates.

Two points:

1. If you feel your temper rising, close SF and do something else for a bit.  It's easier to respond if your head is clear.
2. You're not the only one that likes those games.  I'm sure others have the exact same mindset, so I'd like to hear their logic, too.

Then again, I'm the contrary fan who has one of the least popular Western release as a favorite game.  Still, I don't really care where the FE representation comes from - if it's Jugdral gen 2, I'd still be hyped.

Edited by eclipse

So...the prophecy foretold by the orbs in the teaser as seemingly come to pass, hm? It figures, but once again, "anything can change!"

While I am disappointed that my dream of mowing down soldiers with Zelgius/Black Knight--among others I'd like to see--still isn't bearing fruit as of yet, I'm not backing out just because of that. E3 is in a week or two and who knows what news we might get. And still, until the game is complete, until all the DLC is announced, I will leave nothing as set in stone. And when it's all said and done, I'm still gonna get a Switch. I'm still gonna get this game along with Namco Museum, MK8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey, and FE Switch. And I'm still gonna enjoy it, because...

It's Fire Emblem freaking Warriors! How could I not still be hyped for this thing? For all of us that have dreamed of this crossover, we should be grateful it's happening at all.

Lastly, the OC twin lords are okay, although it seriously looks like they raided Chrom's wardrobe.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

10 hours ago, Folt said:

Here's the thing though, Shadow Dragon/Awakening/Fates is already a pretty good hook for most new fans, especially now that we know that the roster will be larger than usual First FEs meaning there's a higher chance of a lesser popular character from those games to be on the playables list, which will be satisfying for those fans. It does mean you're in the minority who don't have any character from the popular games to like and play with, but I'll take that over possibly having a roster full of swords with only two (maybe three) characters I want to play as compared to the now-likely event that I'll have 10, or even more.

You said you would have wanted Tana, did you not? You probably wouldn't see her anyway until a hypothetical fourth or fifth installment because Sacred Stones isn't very popular. How long would you have needed to wait if Eirika and Ephraim did rep it since the beginning? Probably about as long.

I would have very much liked to see Tana in high-def because she was... um, nevermind.

The fact that it is only the first Musou crossover with Fire Emblem. Musou crossovers (bar Orochi, mostly because they take characters from two series that already have, among other things, defined movesets) tend to have a small roster on their first game, so the fact that we're actually gonna get a larger-than-standard roster size already makes this pretty ambitious. Among other things, a larger roster + restrictions on the games they can pull from coupled with the "Bond conversations" means there should be a large number of sensible interactions amongst the cast.

I mentioned that. I'm mostly standing my personal ground- that being "If you released a game that was a crossover between Magvel, Elibe and Tellius, I would be in the same position as the Awakening players."

People keep forgetting Tana's a royal- if Ephraim got into this, Tana would've been around second or third. The only problem with that is that IS forgets she's a royal. Nevertheless, Tana is merely my main pegasus knight- Florina and Elincia are more likely picks than Tana since they were the female love interests to the two most popular characters in the series (if Caeda's getting in on being Marth's wife, these two have a chance) and I would've been exactly as excited.

Also regarding the sales of Jugdral and Tellius... Thracia was released as a limited edition first before getting a public release 2 years before the Gamecube. Radiant Dawn got released on the same day as Mario Galaxy and its biggest marketing bomb has been working on the public for nine years. Saying they shouldn't get a chance because they're first chance of sales sucked comes dangerously close to the glass cliff reasoning.

As it stands, I'm only in for Caeda, but this isn't a strong enough pull to overcome the price tag. The tactical gameplay they promised has to be really good to make up for the roster, and it's competing with Advance Wars to do so. For Awakening and Fates, I'm looking for Sumia, Lissa and Hana, and I barely even know these characters!

10 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Hold on a second...  Is Moirai the name of the Fates continent?  If so, where did that come from?

It's not the official name. I don't remember what exactly it's linked to, but it comes from the Greek Fates (the mythological beings). I just needed something to refer to when I put Xander and Hana in my story where summoning characters from other Fire Emblem worlds is a thing.

1 minute ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Lastly, the OC twin lords are okay, although it seriously looks like they raided Chrom's wardrobe.

Maybe that's how they meet Chrom. You have to fight him after he gets mad from you prying into his closet.

Just now, eclipse said:

Two points:

1. If you feel your temper rising, close SF and do something else for a bit.  It's easier to respond if your head is clear.
2. You're not the only one that likes those games.  I'm sure others have the exact same mindset, so I'd like to hear their logic, too.

Then again, I'm the contrary fan who has one of the least popular Western release as a favorite game.  Still, I don't really care where the FE representation comes from - if it's Jugdral gen 2, I'd still be hyped.

1. You're right, I apologized earlier for raging on the boards. That won't happen again

2. I never really claimed to be speaking for everyone. Did it come out out like that?

1 minute ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

It's Fire Emblem freaking Warriors! How could I still not be hyped for this thing? For all of us that have dreamed of this crossover, we should be grateful it's happening at all.

True, we should be more grateful that it's happening. I've wanted this to happen for awhile too. But the thing is, I'm sure what many of us had in mind was mowing down bunches of enemy soldiers with Ike or Lyn or Roy or Hector. I don't think many thought it would only be Archanea, Awakening, and Fates.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

People are reasonably disappointed because FE has more notable and beloved characters beyond just three games in the series. Zelda has a much smaller cast to pick from. FE has much more, and excluding big fan favorites like Ike and Lyn really hurt this. Imo, excluding someone like Ike would be like excluding Yoshi or Luigi from a Mario spinoff!

I wouldn't say they are excluded yet considering translations of the article are shifting, I've seen more saying it says 

"Characters will generally be from these 3 games" not "Characters will only be from these 3 games" 

Also I wouldn't say you can compare Mario & FE in terms of character importance considering how many characters FE has and such. 

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

In a different context this mostly wouldn't have. Though this could have been communicated much better in general. If you don't want to speak of dlc too early, which is probably wise, at least don't come up with silly excuses. Or be more upfront about it, we could have known about this much earlier.

In any case, this is just reigniting the flames of conflicts this fandom's been fighting for years by now. Do they not care? Possibly...

I have to wonder how many people actually want to play the game because of the style of gameplay Warriors has, if they even care about it, or is it just because they have Fire Emblem characters in it and they want a slideshow of their favourites.

Because I have to tell you that last option is pretty shallow.

Edited by Tryhard

Just now, Jedi said:

I wouldn't say they are excluded yet considering translations of the article are shifting, I've seen more saying it says 

"Characters will generally be from these 3 games" not "Characters will only be from these 3 games" 

Also I wouldn't say you can compare Mario & FE in terms of character importance considering how many characters FE has and such. 

But even so...when you have 11 different Fire Emblem games to pick from, to choose characters from generally. 3 of them is ridiculous.

Edited by Lord Raymond

How were they not upfront about this? The debut trailer was extremely clear about what was happening, this isn't a bait and switch like what happened with TMS. 

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

Fair enough, but I feel like these days, Marth is to Mario and Ike is to Luigi. Marth and Ike are the go-to Smash reps for FE now, Marth is the face of the franchise, and Ike is the most popular and probably second most iconic now due to his multiple FE appearances and Smash appearances.

I feel like a lot of people would be like "why isn't Ike in this game?" if he was excluded entirely.

Just now, Tryhard said:

I have to wonder how many people actually want to play the game because of the style of gameplay Warriors has, if they even care about it, or is it just because they have Fire Emblem characters in it and they want a slideshow of their favourites.

I got Hyrule Warriors as my first and currently only because it was Zelda. I did not go in expecting too much Zelda, but the game pleasantly surprised me. I still haven't beat everything.

Just now, Hardin said:

How were they not upfront about this? The debut trailer was extremely clear about what was happening, this isn't a bait and switch like what happened with TMS. 

I'm not really sure we can call TMS a bait and switch when IS didn't even know what the collaboration game was gonna be when that trailer was made.........

2 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

I'm glad that the roster is more focused.

Now we can get good characters instead of making it into a MC fest.

And what the hell is this supposed to mean? Every FE main character is bad? Seriously?

Edited by Anacybele