Tempest Torture

Arthur97

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

That Blarblade+ or Moonbow would be really nice on someone... but it's definitely more important that he not die to red mages, they literally end the stages for me. Probably the biggest issue I have in the TT as a whole, so... I may make the sacrifice.

I do have a spare Palla and Fir that I can give to Olivia for Moonbow and Speed+3. Another thing though is that my Olivia is +SPD/-RES!

Seal Res on Wrys is definitely an idea, he lacks both an A and C skill at the moment. Makes me feel a bit silly that I fed my new +RES Wrys to Sakura and kept my +SPD one. 

- True... very true.

I'm not going to worry about MM, unless some orbs fall into my lap and I draw a Fae, she lacks use in TT unless she starts clearing, and without being a healbot that's rough. My SI stores are withering.

My Olivia has Escutcheon as a proc, since her job is to tank green armors.  Sacred Cowl might work, seeing as yours is -Res (I think mine's neutral).

Seal Res is a B skill. . .but Martyr fixes the lack of Live to Serve.  The other option is Felicia with Renewal, which is something that I don't recommend.

I have ~plans~ for that Marth, none of which involve being a healbot.  That's what a staff user is for!

Good luck with this event~!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, eclipse said:

My Olivia has Escutcheon as a proc, since her job is to tank green armors.  Sacred Cowl might work, seeing as yours is -Res (I think mine's neutral).

Seal Res is a B skill. . .but Martyr fixes the lack of Live to Serve.  The other option is Felicia with Renewal, which is something that I don't recommend.

I have ~plans~ for that Marth, none of which involve being a healbot.  That's what a staff user is for!

Good luck with this event~!

Escutcheon for defensive reasons... you know, I should probably be feeding my Olivia some inherited skills.

(Not sure how useful this will be in the Tempest, but it's something I should do in general.)

@Lyrai: I've managed to win a few of those final Lunatic matches but it's still insane. All while trying to get the only Tharja I got (who I just feathered to 5*) strong enough to help Nino deal with Veronica. 

I.... am not doing well with this.

Miles behind getting the -1 Cooldown seal, literally only have beaten Lunatic twice, my MVP team (as well as most of my levelled up party) doesn't do well with greens and more than once it's been a final map with 3/4 green units (with that other being something terrible as is, like Reinhardt), which is justification to wring something in anger.

Should I just drop to Hard to get more points or is that not viable?

(Also, I'll put up a roster later, I have to meet people soon enough)

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

rWjXmwq.png

We overdid it, as usual! Those delicious 10 orbs and 5,000 feathers will come tomorrow.

You know, with this, I think I can get Alfie and Anna their promotions as well as the ones they still need for skills.

That simplifies my approach.

Only 22,879 more points till I get the quickened seal (at 27,121), so slow without a +40% bonus unit. 

Selena with the clutch moments, she maxed out her HM after the second battle. \o/

Spoiler

l2GzwFr.png

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

40k at the moment. Maybe I'll get Quick Pulse before the end of the day?

Reveal hidden contents

Who here has lost their runs to misclicks

I'm not sharing mine

I think you might be able to.

Spoiler

I mostly use F.Robin/Kagero/Celicia/Olivia

I've lost maybe three runs because my misclick got F.Robin or Kagero killed early and the game decides to troll me by putting in Reinhardt + Blues after losing F.Robin or giving a bunch of squishy mages after losing Kagero.

There was this one time where I thought I could vantage kill a Celicia (She had 48 HP) Kagero did 47 and died, even though I cleared the map i lost the entire run after.

Edited by Fei Mao

18 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Hide contents

I'm not sharing mine

Double click wait mayhem with Rein.

Urgh.

Between my account and Belinda, I gotten over 32k points.

22 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Hide contents

I'm not sharing mine

10k per day is the pace I've been going, so that seems pretty reasonable. 

The worst feeling in the world is when you accidentally move a dancer next to someone and end their turn without actually dancing a unit.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Good thing you can turn it off in settings!

Random question: If you turn off double tap to stand still, how do you tell a unit to end their move where they are standing without doing anything otherwise?

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Random question: If you turn off double tap to stand still, how do you tell a unit to end their move where they are standing without doing anything otherwise?

Very good question. I haven't figured it out either.

Though outside of removing Panic or Gravity debuffs prematurely there are so few situations where you'd have no movement to waste to begin with. Maybe if everyone is huddled in the corner?

How in the world are you supposed to get 100k points? I did the math, and even if we lowball and say you emerge victorious on hardest Lunatic map, that still only makes 30k assuming you're playing 100 times.

Seconding Ice Dragon's question. 

Not knowing the answer to that is the main thing stopping me from turning off Double Tap. 

EDIT: @Soul~! There are actually several people posting on reddit who have already reached 100k lmao

It's not that difficult. The event lasts 14 days, which means you need approximately 7.2k points per day. 

I'm currently averaging about 10k points per day without spending any stamina potions, so it's very clearly doable.

Double EDIT: To further elaborate, each perfect Lunatic run gives you 705 points and costs 20 stamina. Assuming perfect runs, a full bar of stamina will net you 3525 points. You get roughly 3 full bars of stamina per day, for a total of 10575 points (give or take) every day. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

How in the world are you supposed to get 100k points? I did the math, and even if we lowball and say you emerge victorious on hardest Lunatic map, that still only makes 30k assuming you're playing 100 times.

How are you mathing this?

705 x 143 = 100,815

The most points you can get is 705.

You'll reach the last reward mark after 143 runs.

It checks out.

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Very good question. I haven't figured it out either.

Though outside of removing Panic or Gravity debuffs prematurely there are so few situations where you'd have no movement to waste to begin with. Maybe if everyone is huddled in the corner?

Yeah, removing debuffs so that I can Dance the unit to attack without debuffs active is what I use it for, and tight quarters are fairly common in this game.

It's not a common situation to come across (I've had to do it maybe twice in the past month or so), but I'd rather not have to go into the options menu if I do need to do it.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I have double tap off, you can just end your turn and they'll wait at their position without needing to do something.

Edited by Fei Mao

2 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

I have double tap off, you can just end your turn and they'll wait at their position without doing anything.

There are occasions where you want that unit to wait without ending your entire turn though. 

An example would be if you made a unit wait to shrug off a Gravity debuff and then danced them. Sure, a lot of these are fringe circumstances, but they exist. It seems rather cumbersome to have to go through the options menu every time for stuff like that. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

There are occasions where you want that unit to wait without ending your entire turn though. 

An example would be if you made a unit wait to shrug off a Gravity debuff and then danced them. Sure, a lot of these are fringe circumstances, but they exist. It seems rather cumbersome to have to go through the options menu every time for stuff like that. 

Ah that's true, i messed around some more and couldn't find a way to make the unit wait in place without ending their turn. Maybe people could submit it as a quality of life feedback so they could implement another way to wait when double tap is off.

Huh.

I guess I'm making pseudo Lucy when I get 5 star masked Marth. She has Neutral Lucy here.

Her renewal Falchion with reciprocal aid combo'd with Julia Breath of Life gives all the healing I need.

(Only to get better at 20k seal)

I have the same team as her except +Spd Defiant Spd Desperation 2 Julia. And Eliweed taking the sword slot for now.

The trials are getting easier with practice.

But also a lot more grind tedious.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Subbed Nino in, and she's doing alright. Being underleveled (not even 40), and 4* doesn't do her any favors (she got one shot by an opposing Nino once), but she can kill about half the things on any given map, and that's good enough.

Really feeling the lack of a dancer, though, speed rank dropped to B rather than the consistent A's I've been getting, but whatever.

Edited by DehNutCase