FE Warriors E3 Trailer

Considering I can only see quoted material here:

Just to put into perspective:

Her entire argument rests on one piece of media. Which has flaws in the system already pointed out.

While there is one thing that overrides popularity polls:

People speaking with their money.

And Akanea via Awakening and nostalgia "poster boy" Prince Mars and the unknown continent of If/Fates has made them more money than Tellius and Magvel have ever done.

Not only through game sales, but side merch.

Kamui nendo and figma.

Keychains being brought back. Like that never happens. Once they're gone they're usually gone.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Her entire argument rests on one piece of media. Which has flaws in the system already pointed out.

And Akanea via Awakening and nostalgia "poster boy" Prince Mars and the unknown continent of If/Fates has made them more money than Tellius and Magvel have ever done.

Kamui nendo and figma.

Keychains being brought back. Like that never happens. Once they're gone they're usually gone.

Good point; most of the older entries had just the game or maybe a spinoff manga to their 'brand'. We all could go back and forth on what merits the 3DS games have that made them the rebirth of the series, but there's no denying that Awakening, Fates, and potentially Echoes has been able to justify merchandise outside of just the games. Could Tellius, Magvel, or Jugdral do the same? possibly, but we'll have to see if or when they release 'Echoes' style remakes of those entries...

13 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Kamui nendo and figma.

Don't bring that up, please. I'm sick of the glass cliff.

57 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It still shows that people have some love for some non-3DS characters. That's the only point I'm trying to make.

Sorry, I'm just tired of 3DS fanboys like you claiming and acting like older characters don't matter and aren't important and that everything pre-3DS should just be thrown away and forgotten about forever.

I never insulted anyone though.

He isnt claiming the old doesnt matter, he is claiming the new is more popular, which is correct. Outside of Smash, only the FE communities really know of these other characters.

That poll was unfortunately hard to count as extremely accurate. Between Etika getting people to vote for Donnel as a joke, and Dorcas getting so high off of memes alone its hard to use the poll as accurate. It can be a good starting point as far as Fire Emblem Lords go, but as far as the non lord characters its hardly accurate.

I will fully agree with you, the more popular Lords come from the older games, but to act like the 3DS games arent popular is kind of silly. They sold more than any other game in the series, and have brought Fire Emblem to new heights its never been to before. That obviously counts for something, I am pretty sure the Fire Emblem community doesnt count for over 1 million people, maybe 100,000 at most if you combined all the fansites together into one. You have to think outside of the FE community, not everyone who has played or like Fire Emblem is a part of it. Only a fraction.

6 minutes ago, DIO said:

Good point; most of the older entries had just the game or maybe a spinoff manga to their 'brand'. We all could go back and forth on what merits the 3DS games have that made them the rebirth of the series, but there's no denying that Awakening, Fates, and potentially Echoes has been able to justify merchandise outside of just the games. Could Tellius, Magvel, or Jugdral do the same? possibly, but we'll have to see if or when they release 'Echoes' style remakes of those entries...

Exactly, the 3DS games got way more marketing and pandering. The older games didn't get any of this, which is why they're not as popular. They weren't given the same chances to shine.

Also, the Heroes poll isn't the only media I was using in my argument, if that's what SoC is referring to. There's also the Famitsu poll, which featured non-3DS characters, though Fates characters were not part of the poll. Ike won this poll as well. Marth came in second. Characters like Lyn, Hector, Ephraim, and freaking Finn were in the top ten. People like to argue that Japan is the main market here, and this poll was for the Japanese, so...

Another thing, the Heroes poll was rather flawed, yes. But it wasn't flawed to the point where you can't at all say that several non-3DS characters aren't very much loved.

EDIT: Again, I never denied that the 3DS games are popular. I'm just saying that other characters are more loved and relevant than some people seem to think.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Exactly, the 3DS games got way more marketing and pandering. The older games didn't get any of this, which is why they're not as popular. They weren't given the same chances to shine.

Also, the Heroes poll isn't the only media I was using in my argument, if that's what SoC is referring to. There's also the Famitsu poll, which featured non-3DS characters, though Fates characters were not part of the poll. Ike won this poll as well. Marth came in second. Characters like Lyn, Hector, Ephraim, and freaking Finn were in the top ten. People like to argue that Japan is the main market here, and this poll was for the Japanese, so...

Another thing, the Heroes poll was rather flawed, yes. But it wasn't flawed to the point where you can't at all say that several non-3DS characters aren't very much loved.

EDIT: Again, I never denied that the 3DS games are popular. I'm just saying that other characters are more loved and relevant than some people seem to think.

Hmn, that could be the case. but in the end, speculation isn't what writes checks; actions do. pre-3DS entires aren't what's going to move merchandise; not when they don't have any game's attached to them outside of the likes of CIpher or Heroes. But I guess we'll see what they add to Warriors. But I will say, I wouldn't put as much stock in Lyn being a choice, seeing as how Ryoma is confirmed and takes up the Swordmaster niche...

On the DLC side of things- how much can we expect?

The original Hyrule Warriors gave us:

Spoiler

The free OC villain trio (who already had models and some moves in the game- they just had to be reworked).

Spinner!Link from Amiibo. 

From the three DLC packs ($20 bought together): Horse!Link, Dominion Rod!Zelda, Twili Midna, Young Link, and Tingle.

That's 3 weapons and 6 characters. So nine movesets total. Weapons presumably take a little less effort to create than new characters due to not needing to make new models. I'm assuming KT won't give anyone more than one weapon/moveset, because that'd tick off FE fans, and Zelda has far fewer potential characters than potential weapons- the opposite situation of FE. So I'd estimate ~6 DLC characters total.

If they wanted to keep people playing over the long term, they could do a Series II of DLC, but I'm doubtful they'd waste so much potential sequel material on DLC.

And on that note: as for what HW: Legends added:

Spoiler

Base game additions over HW+its DLC: Toon Link, Tetra, King Hyrule, Skull Kid, Linkle, Trident!Ganondorf.

Free DLC: Medii.

DLC Packs: Boots!Linkle, Marin, Sand Wand!Toon Link, Toon Zelda, Ravio, Yuga

Legends added 6 new characters and 1 new weapon just for buying the port. While $15 DLC adds another 2 weapons and 4 characters. So 10 characters and 3 weapons total.

33 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Don't bring that up, please. I'm sick of the glass cliff.

Not sure what you mean here.

Can you clarify?

I'm not familiar with that term.

35 minutes ago, DIO said:

The Fates manga set taking space on my shelf by itself cost about base 60 bucks. That's not including Awakening.

Or the 4 koma silly collection.

Edited by shadowofchaos

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

Can you clarify?

The Fates manga set taking space on my shelf by itself cost about base 60 bucks. That's not including Awakening.

Or the 4 koma silly collection.

How is the manga anyway? I remember hearing they were making two separate ones for Hoshido and Nohr, but never heard anything past that (I think that was around the time I drifted from Serenes and Fire Emblem as a whole).

53 minutes ago, DIO said:

How is the manga anyway? I remember hearing they were making two separate ones for Hoshido and Nohr, but never heard anything past that (I think that was around the time I drifted from Serenes and Fire Emblem as a whole).

I got the Invisible Kingdom one too.

However, since I've been preoccupied with proposing to my significant other amd other life things they are currently gathering dust and cannot testify to their quality.

Maybe @Kirokan can help you there.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the DLC side of things- how much can we expect?

The original Hyrule Warriors gave us:

Reveal hidden contents

The free OC villain trio (who already had models and some moves in the game- they just had to be reworked).

Spinner!Link from Amiibo. 

From the three DLC packs ($20 bought together): Horse!Link, Dominion Rod!Zelda, Twili Midna, Young Link, and Tingle.

That's 3 weapons and 6 characters. So nine movesets total. Weapons presumably take a little less effort to create than new characters due to not needing to make new models. I'm assuming KT won't give anyone more than one weapon/moveset, because that'd tick off FE fans, and Zelda has far fewer potential characters than potential weapons- the opposite situation of FE. So I'd estimate ~6 DLC characters total.

If they wanted to keep people playing over the long term, they could do a Series II of DLC, but I'm doubtful they'd waste so much potential sequel material on DLC.

And on that note: as for what HW: Legends added:

Reveal hidden contents

Base game additions over HW+its DLC: Toon Link, Tetra, King Hyrule, Skull Kid, Linkle, Trident!Ganondorf.

Free DLC: Medii.

DLC Packs: Boots!Linkle, Marin, Sand Wand!Toon Link, Toon Zelda, Ravio, Yuga

Legends added 6 new characters and 1 new weapon just for buying the port. While $15 DLC adds another 2 weapons and 4 characters. So 10 characters and 3 weapons total.

I would say a bit more personally. The Legend of Zelda universe doesnt have a huge cast of characters to pull from for DLC. we got several versions of Link after all. Fire Emblem has a lot more to pull from, I can see at least 12 DLC characters, 4 for each pack if they go by 3. Or maybe 3 for each pack for a total of 9. 6 seems a bit low for Fire Emblem's character count, and going to that point wouldnt dash sequel potential considering Fire Emblem's total character count goes above 200.

39 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

How much marketing did awakening even get. Honestly I didn't pay much attention as I initially wasn't going to get it.

Um, A LOT. It got commercials everywhere, it was all over GameInformer magazine, got several trailers, etc. Past FEs never got any of this. In fact, none of them were even in E3 except for a tiny clip of RD.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Um, A LOT. It got commercials everywhere, it was all over GameInformer magazine, got several trailers, etc. Past FEs never got any of this. In fact, none of them were even in E3 except for a tiny clip of RD.

I don't recall any commercials.

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

Just something fun I noticed 

00000688_820_461.jpg

aragorn.jpg

Marth is totally Aragorn in this shot. 

We have the Minas Tirith parallels in SoV's cover art too...

6 hours ago, DIO said:

5 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

However, since I've been preoccupied with proposing to my significant other amd other life things they are currently gathering dust and cannot testify to their quality.

I only bought the 4komas to translate thanks to the silly gags and daily post-friendly format, but wasn't really big enough on the story for Awakening or Fates to see how the anthologies were... so can't help you there!

But paying 60 USD for the set sounds like a bit much! Where did you buy them from?

6 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

That sounds like a pretty flimsy excuse to me... ;)

10 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Can you clarify?

The glass cliff is a term that normally applies in a different scenario- like when a company is in decline, they'll hire a female CO to make it appear that women are less capable. I wish I was kidding.

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Past FEs never got any of this. In fact, none of them were even in E3 except for a tiny clip of RD.

Additionally, Thracia was received as a preorder bonus before it was officially sold well into the N64's lifespan, and you know full well that Tellius's popularity today was caused by something that happened after people stopped counting PoR and RD's sales.

It's not really a fair comparison.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The glass cliff is a term that normally applies in a different scenario- like when a company is in decline, they'll hire a female CO to make it appear that women are less capable. I wish I was kidding.

Mind connecting how this is applicable to this scenario? It's not really meshing for me and is just coming off as an attempt to derail the conversation (which I know isn't your intention)...