Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

Those scores for Lachesis Vs Elise are just insult to injury. Had the gauntlet lasted one more hour (or two more, like EVERY PREVIOUS VOTING GAUNTLET!) We would have has the last-minute multiplier and won. I can't be the only one who got screwed by the two hour shortening... (Looks affectionately at Mist)

Oh well. Time to go Priscilla...

Edited by The_antithesis

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I don't give a damn if the people involved are real or not. Making fun of tragic deaths is never OK with me, end of story.

This is what I feel when someone says they hate some fictional character and justify it with “but they aren’t real, why would you care”. Hating is not cool anyway.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This is what I feel when someone says they hate some fictional character and justify it with “but they aren’t real, why would you care”. Hating is not cool anyway.

That's different though, and just hypocrisy. You can't both deny something's existence (or worth of existence) and simultaneously feel strongly about them.

So Elise had twice the Priscilla’s points after the first hour. Is it safe to assume not many burned flags already and Elise’s Heroes-playing fanbase is just twice the Priscilla’s?

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

So Elise had twice the Priscilla’s points after the first hour. Is it safe to assume not many burned flags already and Elise’s Heroes-playing fanbase is just twice the Priscilla’s?

Perhaps? But everyone is saving flags for the bonus multiplier.

There's no reason to use flags at the start if you expect there to be bonus multipliers wher you can get 3x-7x as much value for your flags.

So... whoever has more flags saved up will be the more important factor?

I wonder if this battle will have wild back and forth swings due to trading bonus multiplier periods.

I also wonder which is a bigger part of the population: people who flock to Elise because they expect her to win for those victory feathers, or people who join Priscilla because they don't want the favorite winning again.

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing

1 minute ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

So... whoever has more flags saved up will be the more important factor?

I didn’t infer anything else except what I’ve posted: Elise’s playing fanbase appears to not be as overwhelming as I’ve thought initially.
It’s surprising to me.

Fucking hell, IS really needs to fix the fucking matchmaking in this goddamn thing.

I just got a team of 3 blue magic users versus a Julia. Nobody could jucking damage her except through skill procs, and killing her was basically impossible. Fuck that.

IS needs to either let us pick out opponents like in the arena or ensure we have someone that has an advantage over each unit on the opposing team somehow.

I'm seriously thinking about not wasting any more time or resources on this goddamn mode, feather rewards be damned.

2 billion for Priscilla ALREADY?

At this point, I want IS to make the overall goal bigger just so 'completing it' isn't just going through the motions. Lachesis alone cleared it last round.

Meanwhile, I just got a team of Linde, Palla, and Priscilla versus two Kleins, both who would defeat every one of my units on the counterattack...

@Robert of Normandy You can always use a level 1 unit to get easy opponents, and you might get a high level friend's unit that might make it impossible to lose.

1 minute ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

You can always use a level 1 unit to get easy opponents, and you might get a high level friend's unit that might make it impossible to lose.

Shouldn't be necessary. And it locks you out of completing "kill x lv20+,35+ enemies" quests now that July Quests are a thing.

Just now, Robert of Normandy said:

Shouldn't be necessary. And it locks you out of completing "kill x lv20+,35+ enemies" quests now that July Quests are a thing.

But you can complete those in pretty much any other game mode...

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

But you can complete those in pretty much any other game mode...

Perhaps. But the onus shouldn't be on the playerbase to find janky workarounds for IS's bad design, when this could literally be fixed by one "if" statement somewhere in the game.

1 minute ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Perhaps. But the onus shouldn't be on the playerbase to find janky workarounds for IS's bad design, when this could literally be fixed by one "if" statement somewhere in the game.

It's not really a workaround, but whatever.

Letting you only see one of your opponents (like the arena does) wouldn't completly solve this problem anyway, since the opponent that solo's your team could just be one of the other ones. There's also the fact that they would somehow have to show you the allies you're going to get, because otherwise it wouldn't ever work either. It's probably possible to come up with a solution, but it's not as easy as you make it sound.

13 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

2 billion for Priscilla ALREADY?

At this point, I want IS to make the overall goal bigger just so 'completing it' isn't just going through the motions. Lachesis alone cleared it last round.

Now that I've added the big numbers:

Royalty: 45,306,027,088
Fliers: 61,714,848,034
Mages: 131,700,378,446
Healers (No Round 3): 78,554,167,617

...The new features have made 10B so unimpressive it's not even funny.

16 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Now that I've added the big numbers:

Royalty: 45,306,027,088
Fliers: 61,714,848,034
Mages: 131,700,378,446
Healers (No Round 3): 78,554,167,617

...The new features have made 10B so unimpressive it's not even funny.

At this rate, we'll see 100B on every gauntlet!

7 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

It's not really a workaround, but whatever.

Letting you only see one of your opponents (like the arena does) wouldn't completly solve this problem anyway, since the opponent that solo's your team could just be one of the other ones. There's also the fact that they would somehow have to show you the allies you're going to get, because otherwise it wouldn't ever work either. It's probably possible to come up with a solution, but it's not as easy as you make it sound.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that point.

I don't think showing you your entire opposing team is unreasonable, nor is picking your team mates. You could could set one of your friends as a preferred team mate beforehand, and then be given a list of randos to choose from. That's just something off the top of my head, I'm sure there's other possibilities.

Of course, they could also try more automated solutions. Maybe ensure that, if possible, everyone on your team is a different color. Or ensure there's at least one unit on your team that can counter or match each unit on the opposing team.

I'm just spitballing ideas here, it's 4:30 AM and I haven't  even had coffee yet. :p I'm sure IS could come up with something better.

At this rate, if there isn't a session where there is no multiplier i think Priscilla will win. If my calculations don't fail me, Priscilla gets the multiplier 1 hour before the gauntlet ends.

16 hours ago, Thane said:

So uh, Lissa is losing to Priscilla (literally who?) by just a little bit. Do you wait and hope for multipliers or do you just burn flags now?

If you cant remember her *facepalm**. U shall remember her  now as the girl who beat CHROM's ANNOYING LITTLE SISTER in vg in feh, what is her name again? ohh i cant remember, im sure the 80% kids that voted her just coz they only played awakening should know.

Edited by Nerdaviciado

36 minutes ago, LoboKD001 said:

At this rate, if there isn't a session where there is no multiplier i think Priscilla will win. If my calculations don't fail me, Priscilla gets the multiplier 1 hour before the gauntlet ends.

There's always a session without a multiplier though.

20 minutes ago, Nerdaviciado said:

If you cant remember her *facepalm**. U shall remember her  now as the girl who beat CHROM's ANNOYING LITTLE SISTER in vg in feh, what is her name again? ohh i cant remember, im sure the 80% kids that voted her just coz they only played awakening should know.

What?

29 minutes ago, Nerdaviciado said:

Dial it back.

4 hours ago, The_antithesis said:

Those scores for Lachesis Vs Elise are just insult to injury. Had the gauntlet lasted one more hour (or two more, like EVERY PREVIOUS VOTING GAUNTLET!) We would have has the last-minute multiplier and won. I can't be the only one who got screwed by the two hour shortening... (Looks affectionately at Mist)

Oh well. Time to go Priscilla...

What are you talking about? This Gauntlet has rounds lasting 45 hours, from 3 am EST to 12 am EST, like every previous one.

1 hour ago, LoboKD001 said:

This back-and-forth is unsustainable. If nothing else, people will run out of flags.