Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Do you mind if I add you as well?  I also lack in Sanzang friends.

No problem! Although my titty monk is still at level 66, I'll max her ASAP.

----

I already finished the story so I just have to grind more talismans to farm Tianzhu (I still have like 20 apples but I'll save them for part 2 so I'll go slower now). Bless Flaming Mountain for giving tons of talismans.

I got all the shop CEs and an extra one from Princess Iron Fan. I'll hope to get another four for 2 MLB copies but that's up to RNG.

Seems the items drop easily.

I got so many dragon fangs, hearts, and scales. Gonna run and grab horseshoes, bones, and shit I actually really need.

Lol Kintoki rider is gonna take 60 horseshoes.

I shall never play this half-asleep (that only works for rolling the gacha). I wasted 200 talismans because I forgot I was using my assassin team instead of the rider one...

On better news, I managed to get Xuanzang's first skill to level 6, I can get it to 7 but I'd rather wait until I have enough seeds to get it to 10 in one go. Now I just need to farm EXP to get her to level 90.

Got Paracelsus to FA. Took all my bones, but I wanted another art support.

Besides now I can run him with NR and Caster Liz to clear assassin mobs. 

I see Paracelsus in this weird position where some people say he's good for f2p due to arts party boost+NP spam, but then others say that his garbage attack stat holds him back from anything worthwhile beyond cheap support.

10-20% arts card boost for the entire party is still worthwhile tho. Plugsuit him into the party after Mozart fires those skills off. Idk how well triple stacking arts boosts from Mozart/Paracelsus/Tamamo onto arts dps would fare. I'm going to try it since I pretty much have the ability to do this.

I've been begging for caster and berserker gems for soooo long lol. Does the event shop change in the second part or can I just continue farming for shit from part 1 on my own time until 6-13?

the event CE from this one is really neat. I might wind up trying to get two of them MLB'd.

Edited by Czarpy

4 hours ago, Czarpy said:

I see Paracelsus in this weird position where some people say he's good for f2p due to arts party boost+NP spam, but then others say that his garbage attack stat holds him back from anything worthwhile beyond cheap support.

Even for a 3* Caster, Dr. P is mediocre. The scaling on his skills are bad for how weak the buffs they give are. Spammable NP could have been one of his niches, but they randomly gave it +2 CD because it gives 5 more NP gauge than Rapid Casting E. Rank E.

His NP also hits like a wet noodle, even at NP5. For some strange reason his NP scaling starts at 300% instead of 450% like most other Arts AOE NPs. Interlude buff brings this to 400%. Wow. So much damage. I’m kidding of course.

His targetable guts is at least better than Romulus, but the extended cooldown and reduced duration make looping the skill impossible. This closes off the opportunity for some interesting strategies with an already niche skill.

The easiest way to fix Dr. P is to reduce his cooldowns and improve the scaling on his second skill. There are so many arbitrary restrictions on him that hurt his viability. Mozart has a much stronger Arts buff and gives 50 critical stars out of nowhere. Tamamo turns Arts DPS into a nuke and lets everyone spam skills more. Paracelsus...gives you guts.

I think out of everyone in the cast, no one deserves a rank-up more than Dr. P right now.

As for the shop, there are 10 days left on the free quest and the shop exchange period lasts 17 days. Safe to say the shop isn’t disappearing when Part II starts.

Edited by MrSmokestack

14 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Even for a 3* Caster, Dr. P is mediocre. The scaling on his skills are bad for how weak the buffs they give are. Spammable NP could have been one of his niches, but they randomly gave it +2 CD because it gives 5 more NP gauge than Rapid Casting E. Rank E.

His NP also hits like a wet noodle, even at NP5. For some strange reason his NP scaling starts at 300% instead of 450% like most other Arts AOE NPs. Interlude buff brings this to 400%. Wow. So much damage. I’m kidding of course.

His targetable guts is at least better than Romulus, but the extended cooldown and reduced duration make looping the skill impossible. This closes off the opportunity for some interesting strategies with an already niche skill.

The easiest way to fix Dr. P is to reduce his cooldowns and improve the scaling on his second skill. There are so many arbitrary restrictions on him that hurt his viability. Mozart has a much stronger Arts buff and gives 50 critical stars out of nowhere. Tamamo turns Arts DPS into a nuke and lets everyone spam skills more. Paracelsus...gives you guts.

I think out of everyone in the cast, no one deserves a rank-up more than Dr. P right now.

As for the shop, there are 10 days left on the free quest and the shop exchange period lasts 17 days. Safe to say the shop isn’t disappearing when Part II starts.

I think I'm gonna raise babbage on the side since he's likely a better pick for AoE caster spam alongside NR/Liz.

Dr. P really needs to get buffed. He's got the potential to be a solid 3* caster but I wish they'd just give his skill cooldowns lower or get his NP stronger. I just levelled him since I wanted to fiddle with him. (I mean, for AoE damage at 3*, it's either him, Babbage, or Geronimo. No way am I raising Geronimo until a SQuest or interlude with quartz comes.)

Kinda like how Babbage looks. With that skillset and NP, I wish he was literally any other class because those steroids+star absorb are good. He looks like he'd be a fun archer or rider or berserker.

this event is good solely because it gets me a shot at getting li shu wen or sanzang, and more mats. Rama/Brynhildr/Georgios beats the 100 talisman node easily. I'm just waiting to get medea lily/arash/leonidas bond levels raised.

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

If I had to choose between Paracelsus and Babbage, I'm choosing Paracelsus.  Babbage is somehow worse.

But he’s not?

Babbage is in the wrong class for dealing damage, but at least he has an idea of what he wants to do. He has the same number of hits on his cards as Paracelsus but has significantly higher NP gain, which can be further boosted with his first skill. All of his cooldowns are on the low side, with his highest at Lv. 10 being his first skill with only 6 CD. He has an NP Interlude which makes him hit much harder, and a strengthen quest in JP that improved the scaling on his 2nd skill, leaving just 5% shy of a 50% Atk buff.

Babbage isn’t the best, but he’s definitely better than Dr. P in my opinion.

Edited by MrSmokestack

32 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

But he’s not?

Babbage is in the wrong class for dealing damage, but at least he has an idea of what he wants to do. He has the same number of hits on his cards as Paracelsus but has significantly higher NP gain, which can be further boosted with his first skill. All of his cooldowns are on the low side, with his highest at Lv. 10 being his first skill with only 6 CD. He has an NP Interlude which makes him hit much harder, and a strengthen quest in JP that improved the scaling on his 2nd skill, leaving just 5% shy of a 50% Atk buff.

Babbage's skillset seems like a cheap version of Fran's, but with invincibility. 

I'm gonna raise him this summer. Who doesn't like the idea of a giant steampunk mech style servant that somehow has crap attack due to the caster attack demerit.

fuck dammit I wanna raise proto cu so bad but the voids dusts are killing me.

why the fuck is proto cu's NP the same as FSN cu.

Edited by Czarpy

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

But he’s not?

i mean yeah Babbage have what is known as shitty stats syndrome, but at least its NP isn't literally 60% the normal power of NP.  If you want an AOE nuker on Caster class, you could do worse than Babbage's 175% Steroid backed by the shittiest stats in the rarity

@Czarpy My guess is they were going for the narrative of how Proto Cu is the young version of Cu Chulainn, while the Vanilla Cu is the older, more experienced self. And then they realized the realistic age depiction of Cu is 17 years old since its the age for his Tain Bo Cuailnge self, and they couldn't use Cu that is any younger than like 15, due to how fucked up shota Cu is, so Proto Cu become the "Cu 2 years ago that is barely different" than the original intention.

Moral of the story is don't fuck with Cu Chulainn's story ol

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

5 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

i mean yeah Babbage have what is known as shitty stats syndrome, but at least its NP isn't literally 60% the normal power of NP.  If you want an AOE nuker on Caster class, you could do worse than Babbage's 175% Steroid backed by the shittiest stats in the rarity

I'm still questioning the reasons they made babbage a caster.

Like sure he's a scientist and all, but since they call him the king of steam and use steampunk influences on his design. Like make him a rider or Berserker or archer.

Oh yeah but imagine the fun with shota cu. It's just the most ridiculous bullshit ever thought up and I love it. Shota CU Berserker would be totally fun.

14 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Like sure he's a scientist and all, but since they call him the king of steam and use steampunk influences on his design. Like make him a rider or Berserker or archer.

Oh yeah but imagine the fun with shota cu. It's just the most ridiculous bullshit ever thought up and I love it. Shota CU Berserker would be totally fun.

I love how Shota Cu, if they are faithful to the story would be like "so yeah... this is the little child version of Cu, who like transformed into an inhuman abomination that can only be calmed by the power of boobs. He fucked an entire village of its girls. Literally. So the people on his village decided he need to get hitched. To get the approval of his father in law to be he is to be trained on the mythical land of shadows, where he was so alpha he seduced Scathtach and her sister, having a child with said sister in the process. Also he killed the husband of Scathatch's daughter and took her under his protection which is probably a metaphor of having sex idk"

And the best part is those are literally the myth

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

7 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I love how Shota Cu, if they are faithful to the story would be like "so yeah... this is the little child version of Cu, who like transformed into an inhuman abomination that can only be calmed by the power of boobs. He fucked an entire village of its girls. Literally. So the people on his village decided he need to get hitched. To get the approval of his father in law to be he is to be trained on the mythical land of shadows, where he was so alpha he seduced Scathtach and her sister, having a child with said sister in the process. Also he killed the husband of Scathatch's daughter and took her under his protection which is probably a metaphor of having sex idk"

And the best part is those are literally the myth

there could be an entire april fool's event on shota cu showing up as a berserker and all the oppai possessing servants have to stop him.

+event bonuses based on oppai.

Raikou, Raikou Lancer, Lancer Artoria and Lancer Artoria Alter get +%200 damage bonus.

fuck dammit why didn't they reference this shit in e pluribus unim. 

9 hours ago, Czarpy said:

because that`s what they do!

when not sure where to put a new hero - stick them to rider or caster! :P

21 minutes ago, QKumber said:

because that`s what they do!

when not sure where to put a new hero - stick them to rider or caster! :P

just be sure to make the archer anything but the archer class.

17 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Shishou is cool and all, but Brynhildr serves me juuuuust fine.

Oh heyyyyy Herc, Martha, Carmila, or Liz....hmn.  I really want a better AoE Lancer, or waifus but Herc just makes everything easier in the long run. Not worried about Siegfried since I'll just borrow someone's Sieg from the friends list to beat up a certain Lartoria.

Hmn it's basically a choice between Hercules and Liz for me. I love the idea of having a gold AoE lancer, but guaranteed Herc would make everything oh so much easier.

like, I haven't used a support Herc in forever, but a near immortal berserker sounds like something I'd want. Shame Beowolf/Helena/Li Shu Wen/Fran aren't on the list or I'd choose one of them instead.

Just gonna grab hercules at this point. I'm loaded with the materials for him and just need berserker gems. I'm sitting on a pile mats that are enough to get him to FA and get his skills to like 10/8/8. Gotta love sitting on 500 hero proofs all this time.

fucks sake this journey to the west event is just grinding the same two quests over and over in some kind of loop. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to do this shit.

Edited by Czarpy

Oh boy, free 4*. I wonder who I should choose? Herc is a beast but I'm not the biggest fan of Berserkers outside of farmers like Kiyo. EMIYA would complete the family if I pull for Ilya but after getting Sanzang I don't really feel like rolling for her and I don't need another archer. That leaves me with one of the sabers because I have nothing outside of Caesar or NP2 Carmilla because she's really great.

I think I'll go with the sabers as I'm in dire need of one although Sumanai is, well...sumanai. And I know d'Eon is like a tank instead of a damage dealer.

Hmm...This is hard.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

Oh boy, free 4*. I wonder who I should choose? Herc is a beast but I'm not the biggest fan of Berserkers outside of farmers like Kiyo. EMIYA would complete the family if I pull for Ilya but after getting Sanzang I don't really feel like rolling for her and I don't need another archer. That leaves me with one of the sabers because I have nothing outside of Caesar or NP2 Carmilla because she's really great.

I think I'll go with the sabers as I'm in dire need of one although Sumanai is, well...sumanai. And I know d'Eon is like a tank instead of a damage dealer.

Hmm...This is hard.

d'Eon is only really good when you get the third skill unlocked and this servant requires a fuckton of serpent eyes to ascend. Additionally, the NP is kinda crappy at np1, so it's not exactly a servant I'd recommend unless you really want a tank that can use taunt+evade.

Sieg is kinda mediocre unless you're specifically fighting dragon trait enemies. You're better off with Caesar+Fergus and just waiting for the free Bedivere from Camelot. 

wait why isn't atalante on the list? i could swear she's a starter roll option as well.

6 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

wait why isn't atalante on the list? i could swear she's a starter roll option as well.

Nope.  Atalante didn't even get added to the game until the Gil banner.

I'm thinking either Marie or Elizabeth since those are the only two among the starter Servants that I don't have already.  Leaning Marie because she's cuter.

EDIT:  Also excited for the return of Shishou.  Hope I can get her, though I don't think I'll spend money to get her.

Edited by The Geek

5 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Nope.  Atalante didn't even get added to the game until the Gil banner.

I'm thinking either Marie or Elizabeth since those are the only two among the starter Servants that I don't have already.  Leaning Marie because she's cuter.

EDIT:  Also excited for the return of Shishou.  Hope I can get her, though I don't think I'll spend money to get her.

Or you could just be a fan of Killer Queen.

huh so emiya was the sole SR archer at launch. Welp.

I've played with a grailed lvl 100 10/10/10 Marie at np5 from my friends list and it is the most glorious shit I've used.

She's fucking unkillable to the point of hiliarity.