Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

14 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Nice! Well, I'll stay wary of the boss but I think Musashi+Support Memelin will be good enough for this. After all I won't like losing out a free Sakura face even if she's crazy.

Very well, Herc it is. He's technically part of the Emiya family too (as in Ilya's car?) After all even if I'm not big on non-Kiyo Berserkers it's better to be safe than sorry. 

Oh god, the Mapo Tofu apocalypse is upon us!

Hercules is the other imouto.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, The Priest said:

*has JAlter*
*doesn't immediately think about picking Elizabeth*
Git gud.

She was my first choice obviously, but after skimming the thread I’m just second-guessing.

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

She was my first choice obviously, but after skimming the thread I’m just second-guessing.

you want that np3 Stheno huh.

12 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Arts cheese powers through that fight pretty easily.

Are you talking about 0 KP version or Melt-chan’s Nerf Death Whip version? The former wasn’t exactly intended to be beat normally but the latter is not too bad because Shielder exists.

I agree though that 0 KP is brutal. She wipes your frontline while ignoring buffs and heavily debuffing your backrow. One run I watched stalled her out, taking over an hour with Nightingale / Double Merlin. Entirely because of her NP Strength Down.

What.

If you are farming, the star absorb and burn demerits are completely inconsequential. The burn amounts to 1500 damage total (read: nothing). And the star absorb lasts one turn while the NP gain, the main draw, lasts three.

And star absorb is a great skill for his kit. Most offensive servants want to take stars to increase their damae output and fill NP, and Babbage has a hard time doing so because of his naturally low crit weight. Remember, he is built as a DPS even if he isn’t as good at it as other units.

Essentially, he is designed to have a team built around him like any other good DPS; he does the damage and his teammates keep him alive and supplied.

This skill would be ridiculous if it was another unit. That means it can’t be a bad thing for Babbage.

There are many attack-boosting skills that are only for the unit that uses them. Your point? And his has Invincible tacked on a 5-turn cooldown at Lv. 10. You know who else has Dodge tied to damage buff? Jeanne Alter. Jack. Summer Nobu. And all of those units only have 6 CD at Lv. 10.

Again, what. Hans and Babbage do different things.

Hans goes well with anybody, Babbage included. He buffs, heals, has Arts deck, and generates stars.

Also, because of how the deck works, you can time your skill activations so Babbage doesn’t get in anybody’s way. The deck resets every three turns unless a unit dies or you use Command Shuffle. Check what cards are in your hand each turn and go from there.

Or rather, you don’t want anybody taking Babbage’s stars. Because that’s what he wants to do.

Nice, we’re getting a free 4* starter unit. At this point I’m torn between picking Liz or Heracles though.

Uhh 

Whip Only Kiara is actually the hardest Kiara. I asked around for this lol

@Alexmender mind i dont think Sieg is worth picking unless your one of those sickos who just want to see huge numbers

But arguing Sieg isnt worth using because he need the best Bronze in the entire game who is used in 90% of Challenge Runs comp that didnt involve throwing money at it is pretty silly. Current Siegfried is pretty bad but he would be buffed to become a "proper" SR saber later down the line.

At that point hes objectively the most efficient dragonslaying option in the game, far beyond class advantage. Siegfried remains to be the only servant who have both hyperstack factor targetting the same thing while having a way to force the issue and his stats distribution is the only thing stopping him from outright being the strongest burst damage output on Saber class

P.S just about anyone could tell Carmilla, Herc, EMIYA, and Stheno to an extent is the best pick kek

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

18 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

P.S just about anyone could tell Carmilla, Herc, Marie, and Stheno to an extent is the best pick

I'd say pick for love, but since you're asking I'll give the short version.

-Herc is the best if you're choosing for gameplay. He's very good as is, but I'd argue he doesn't become God-Tier until you get his Bond CE, which is obviously going to take a long time.

-Stheno is bad. She becomes somewhat usable when her Strengthening drops, but even then she's still one of the worst 4*s IMO.

-Marie is good at being a cockroach, but not much else.

-Carmilla is alright, but she becomes (in my opinion) the best 4* Assassin to-date when her Strengthening drops. Hers comes in the batch after the current one (along with Stheno), so I'd say she's the 2nd best pick after Herc.

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner I guess, but talking about present day Siegfried I don't find a lot of worth in him. He'll be good in the future, but how far is that future from today? Outside of saving quartz I prefer to think on how things are working right now, which is why I'm kinda harsh on Sumanai even if I know he'll get better one day. But to his favor I know he's great for killing Artorias, Elizabeth and other servants with dragon trait and despite his treatment in Apocrypha he's a pretty cool character with an awesome design.

Also, wasn't Hans the best bronze due to his incredible skills and Waver-lite NP? Not like it matters, both are great. 

52 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Uhh 

Whip Only Kiara is actually the hardest Kiara. I asked around for this lol

@Alexmender mind i dont think Sieg is worth picking unless your one of those sickos who just want to see huge numbers

But arguing Sieg isnt worth using because he need the best Bronze in the entire game who is used in 90% of Challenge Runs comp that didnt involve throwing money at it is pretty silly. Current Siegfried is pretty bad but he would be buffed to become a "proper" SR saber later down the line.

At that point hes objectively the most efficient dragonslaying option in the game, far beyond class advantage. Siegfried remains to be the only servant who have both hyperstack factor targetting the same thing while having a way to force the issue and his stats distribution is the only thing stopping him from outright being the strongest burst damage output on Saber class

P.S just about anyone could tell Carmilla, Herc, Marie, and Stheno to an extent is the best pick

Hardest Moon Cancer fight according to FGO shitposts

Spoiler

No automatic alt text available.

Why all the acclaim for marie tho? 

@Alexmender

• Carmilla is the best 4* assassin available to you if you didn't get the event welfare Shiki. 
  • Herc is the best and safest pic since he's a cockroach with nukes. His interludes get you 2 quartz.
  • Marie is a cockroach rider with an AoE NP that also heals your party. She gets you 2 quartz from interludes too. Wouldn't recommend her unless you really like her given how new your account is.  If you want an AoE rider then I'd recommend Martha since she gets more utility in party debuff removal and AoE NP spam. (It gets upgraded like hell later on). Martha also gives you 2 quartz. 
  • Stheno is .......... crappy. Her NP is useful in charm teams and she'll eventually get a specialized charisma that buffs divine servants. I really wouldn't recommend picking her unless you either REALLY like her, you have masochistic tendencies, or you want the eventual charisma for divine servants. There's a reason she's notoriously bad. 

As for the ones I've got. (Don't know who you have)

• d'Eon is a tank. Like that's literally all he/she is good for since taunt+on demand evade is so stupidly good for cheesing enemy STNP's. Shame the NP only gives a 10% att/def debuff. I started with d'Eon, so it's not the worst idea. If you get her up to third ascension asap, then you've got a good tank. (Although we get Mashu, Georgios, and Leonidas for free.......)
  • Tamamo Cat is @Emeraldfox 's waifu and is a really solid AoE berserker. She's solid enough for farming purposes since monstrous strength pumps her enough to wreck mobs. Watch out for the self inflicted stun demerit on her NP though. (Her NP heals her and gives her a ton of stars tho.)
  • Emiya is a mediocre AoE archer until his SQuests. When those come, he turns into one of the better SR servants. He's also an event servant for 10 fucking events.
  • Stheno is crap and I got her on a ticket. She's gonna have use in camelot charm team shenanigans and gets a stupidly good support skill with +divinity trait charisma.  

I sent you a friend request in game. I'm either Czarpy/Sharps/ or some derivative that sounds similar to those. My ALL slot should be Nightingale right now.

29 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

-Herc is the best if you're choosing for gameplay. He's very good as is, but I'd argue he doesn't become God-Tier until you get his Bond CE, which is obviously going to take a long time.

-Stheno is bad. She becomes somewhat usable when her Strengthening drops, but even then she's still one of the worst 4*s IMO.

-Carmilla is alright, but she becomes (in my opinion) the best 4* Assassin to-date when her Strengthening drops. Hers comes in the batch after the current one (along with Stheno), so I'd say she's the 2nd best pick after Herc.

at this point I am saddened by the lack of tamamo cat recommendations.

Edited by Czarpy

10 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Why all the acclaim for marie tho? 

@Alexmender

• Carmilla is the best 4* assassin available to you if you didn't get the event welfare Shiki. 
  • Herc is the best and safest pic since he's a cockroach with nukes. His interludes get you 2 quartz.
  • Marie is a cockroach rider with an AoE NP that also heals your party. She gets you 2 quartz from interludes too. Wouldn't recommend her unless you really like her given how new your account is.  If you want an AoE rider then I'd recommend Martha since she gets more utility in party debuff removal and AoE NP spam. (It gets upgraded like hell later on). Martha also gives you 2 quartz. 
  • Stheno is .......... crappy. Her NP is useful in charm teams and she'll eventually get a specialized charisma that buffs divine servants. I really wouldn't recommend picking her unless you either REALLY like her, you have masochistic tendencies, or you want the eventual charisma for divine servants. There's a reason she's notoriously bad. 

As for the ones I've got. (Don't know who you have)

• d'Eon is a tank. Like that's literally all he/she is good for since taunt+on demand evade is so stupidly good for cheesing enemy STNP's. Shame the NP only gives a 10% att/def debuff. I started with d'Eon, so it's not the worst idea. If you get her up to third ascension asap, then you've got a good tank. (Although we get Mashu, Georgios, and Leonidas for free.......)
  • Tamamo Cat is @Emeraldfox 's waifu and is a really solid AoE berserker. She's solid enough for farming purposes since monstrous strength pumps her enough to wreck mobs. Watch out for the self inflicted stun demerit on her NP though. (Her NP heals her and gives her a ton of stars tho.)
  • Emiya is a mediocre AoE archer until his SQuests. When those come, he turns into one of the better SR servants. He's also an event servant for 10 fucking events.
  • Stheno is crap and I got her on a ticket. She's gonna have use in camelot charm team shenanigans and gets a stupidly good support skill with +divinity trait charisma.  

I sent you a friend request in game. I'm either Czarpy/Sharps/ or some derivative that sounds similar to those. My ALL slot should be Nightingale right now.

at this point I am saddened by the lack of tamamo cat recommendations.

Added! Thanks! 

Well, I do have Carmilla and missed Shiki (I started playing a bit before the DaVinci event) and NP2 is tempting but I can always get that from a spook. 

I really lean towards Herc, I'm not keen on Berserkers tho. That would also apply to Tamamo Cat, I already have Kiyo for farming even if she's substantially weaker (but is at NP5).

I never really thought about Marie, I have Martha and Yuri Pirates which seemed good enough to cover my Rider needs.

Stheno...yeah, I like Euryale better (she'll be grailed to 90, I swear) because character wise I only know she showed up for like 5 minutes in Septem and that's it, Euryale had quite a bit of screentime in Okeanos which made me like her a lot. 

Emiya I want mainly to complete the family but right now he just seems like a weaker Arjuna. The event part is tempting, however. 

d'Eon tankiness seems really good, but I don't know if there's a point in having 4 tanks. Is there going to be an event where you need to stall like crazy where having a party full of tanks will be super good? Doesn't help that I'm starving for Sabers as I only have Faber, although he's a really good buffbot and his NP isn't terrible thanks to ST and the stars it produces. Fergus too but I haven't leveled him yet.

----

Hmm....I think it'll be between d'Eon and Herc then. NP2 is great and all but it's not like Carmilla will get the power-up anytime soon (she doesn't have her 3rd skill yet) and even at NP1 she is quite good at her job. Emiya is cool and is a event servant for a lot of stuff but I already have Arjuna who has almost the same role but is stronger and with better skills before factoring power-ups. 

1 hour ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Marie is a metaphor of EMIYA. The first 2 later forms ma which is half the syllable that also means mom indicating a maternal servant as a choice.

(I mistyped shut up :()

Stheno is entirely there because of Muh Camelot Horse Node instant kill meme 

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Added! Thanks! 

Well, I do have Carmilla and missed Shiki (I started playing a bit before the DaVinci event) and NP2 is tempting but I can always get that from a spook. 

I really lean towards Herc, I'm not keen on Berserkers tho. That would also apply to Tamamo Cat, I already have Kiyo for farming even if she's substantially weaker (but is at NP5).

I never really thought about Marie, I have Martha and Yuri Pirates which seemed good enough to cover my Rider needs.

Stheno...yeah, I like Euryale better (she'll be grailed to 90, I swear) because character wise I only know she showed up for like 5 minutes in Septem and that's it, Euryale had quite a bit of screentime in Okeanos which made me like her a lot. 

Emiya I want mainly to complete the family but right now he just seems like a weaker Arjuna. The event part is tempting, however. 

d'Eon tankiness seems really good, but I don't know if there's a point in having 4 tanks. Is there going to be an event where you need to stall like crazy where having a party full of tanks will be super good? Doesn't help that I'm starving for Sabers as I only have Faber, although he's a really good buffbot and his NP isn't terrible thanks to ST and the stars it produces. Fergus too but I haven't leveled him yet.

----

Hmm....I think it'll be between d'Eon and Herc then. NP2 is great and all but it's not like Carmilla will get the power-up anytime soon (she doesn't have her 3rd skill yet) and even at NP1 she is quite good at her job. Emiya is cool and is a event servant for a lot of stuff but I already have Arjuna who has almost the same role but is stronger and with better skills before factoring power-ups. 

Emiya gets event bonuses in Onigashima, which is coming within the month. Idk which skill upgrade he gets first. One of them turns clairvoyance into overdrive (something like +100% star drop, star absorb, and crit damage iirc.)  and the other turns magecraft c- into projection. (mana burst for every card type lol). Since you have Arjuna right now, it's probably better to wait for Emiya to spook you unless you're really worried about lacking in japanese servants for Onigashima.

As far as I can tell, d'Eon isn't used for stalling in challenge quests. Georgios, Jeanne, Leonidas, and Mashu are though. But neither of the two saber options from this pool are all that stellar. If I had to recommend one of them, I'd totally recommend Siegfried since there's a ton of servants with the dragon trait, like EVERY Artoria and Liz variant. Not to mention that Siegfried's gonna come in handy for murdering the Camelot final boss. Especially if you get a support Jalter to give him a massive charisma boost.

Fergus is pretty good. He's pretty vanilla, but gets the job done.

Kiyohime will eventually get her third skills which will make her a better farmer.

Carmilla is kinda like a 4* version of JTR without the massive star drop rate. 

I'm torn between Martha, Herc, Siegfried, and Liz. I'm carefully considering Liz and Martha since they don't get a lot of rate-ups. Not to mention that I have a ton of gold rarity female servants that Liz can boost. (The only dudes are Emiya, Vlad, and Rama lol.) Besides AoE Lancer utility is handy. 

Sieg is a meme and a dude who won't really take much from my stash of 70+ scales/fangs. Herc is zerk. 

So, waifus with support capabilities that I lack or buff manly men with luxorious manes, durability, and buster memes?

13 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

What.

If you are farming, the star absorb and burn demerits are completely inconsequential. The burn amounts to 1500 damage total (read: nothing). And the star absorb lasts one turn while the NP gain, the main draw, lasts three.

And star absorb is a great skill for his kit. Most offensive servants want to take stars to increase their damae output and fill NP, and Babbage has a hard time doing so because of his naturally low crit weight. Remember, he is built as a DPS even if he isn’t as good at it as other units.

Essentially, he is designed to have a team built around him like any other good DPS; he does the damage and his teammates keep him alive and supplied.

This skill would be ridiculous if it was another unit. That means it can’t be a bad thing for Babbage.

There are many attack-boosting skills that are only for the unit that uses them. Your point? And his has Invincible tacked on a 5-turn cooldown at Lv. 10. You know who else has Dodge tied to damage buff? Jeanne Alter. Jack. Summer Nobu. And all of those units only have 6 CD at Lv. 10.

Again, what. Hans and Babbage do different things.

Hans goes well with anybody, Babbage included. He buffs, heals, has Arts deck, and generates stars.

Also, because of how the deck works, you can time your skill activations so Babbage doesn’t get in anybody’s way. The deck resets every three turns unless a unit dies or you use Command Shuffle. Check what cards are in your hand each turn and go from there.

Or rather, you don’t want anybody taking Babbage’s stars. Because that’s what he wants to do.

If I am farming, I can safely throw a lot of things at the enemies.

JAlter's good because of her skillset and stats.  Babbage is missing the offensive stats, and the only notable positive thing that isn't a one-turn deal is his NP gain (but then he takes crit stars from everyone else for a turn).  That's why his kit falls flat on his face - one he burns his skills out, he's stuck with his lackluster basic attacks.  He's also a Caster to JAlter's Avenger - and Casters are notorious for having bad offense to begin with.

I'm also not buying the hype of low CD skills.  Do you know who else has three 5-turn CD skills that amp damage for a turn?  Geronimo, and he's also terrible.

Multipliers are great, but when you're multiplying by zero, you still get zero.  Hans, at least, has the sense to have skills that (mostly) complement his low attack.

13 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Someone keep @MrSmokestack very very far away from anything FGO related.

I̧͙̼ͅT̮͚͓͇͎ͅ’̬͉͖S͓̱̳̺͕ ̨̥̫̰̪̳T̼̯̕O͈O ̩̫̭L̷̲̲̻̹̟̻̥A͔̥̬͕̲ͅT͇̲̙̺͓ͅE̖͢
͚͔̞̩
͙̖̕O̠͕K̸̺̠͉̞̥̙I̷̦͖̮̙T̠͚̮A̬͎͙ ̵̞̙ͅA̤̳͓̜͕ͅLT̟̦̮̜E̱̦̲̤̤͚̼R̺̠̹̯̘
̲͓͖̀
͓͕̺̘̥̻̭͞W̧̳̣̥̤͎̥E̬̦̥̰͕͙̯
̰̱̬
I҉͖̹̳͔̟̰̗N͖͍
͎̳͉
̨̝͎T͈̖͚̲̜̬͕H͔E̸̝R̺̭̦̗E̴̠͓͔̫͓͕

@eclipse The original argument was “Babbage was better than Paracelsus”. Bringing in other units into the equation makes the discussion useless.

Granted, I brought up the “Dodge tied to self-buff on low cooldown” to prove a point for how few units have access to a skill like it. Geronimo is blatantly worse than both Paracelsus and Babbage so that example proves nothing.

Anyway, the discussion doesn’t seem to be going anywhere so it’s better to just agree to disagree at this point, in my opinion.

26 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Someone keep @MrSmokestack very very far away from anything FGO related.

i couldn't care less about saberface alter #69, but the dude in the white suit makes me intrigued. What's the deal with the dragon?

okay I lied, okita alter is cool.

who's the new 3*? Will we finally see Assassin Li Shu Wen? Since it's set in 1945, will we possibly see WW2 Era heroic spirits?

By the time this event comes to NA, I will be right in the middle of higher education lol.

okay from what I've found, the 4* Rider is supposedly Sakamoto Ryouma and the 3* assassin dude is Okada Izo (wait what?)

Edited by Czarpy

I’m thinking of picking Lizzie.  She seems cute enough, I don’t have a gold lancer, already have Hercules, Siegfried, Martha, and Emiya.  

I’m actually pretty surprised we’re getting this again.  Getting a selectable 4* twice even though this list lacks the 4* I really want, Rama come home is really generous.

2 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I’m thinking of picking Lizzie.  She seems cute enough, I don’t have a gold lancer, already have Hercules, Siegfried, Martha, and Emiya.  

I’m actually pretty surprised we’re getting this again.  Getting a selectable 4* twice even though this list lacks the 4* I really want, Rama come home is really generous.

watch them add FIonn on the list at the last minute

14 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

watch them add FIonn on the list at the last minute

It’d be amusing if they did, not being Rama or Astolfo means I’d probably still take the Lizzie though

4 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

It’d be amusing if they did, not being Rama or Astolfo means I’d probably still take the Lizzie though

if all the 4* servants out in NA were on the list, I'd probably pick Fran, Nero, or Lalter.

i gotta wonder, which one's the rarest in terms of banner rate-ups?

Edited by Czarpy

5 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Anyway, the discussion doesn’t seem to be going anywhere so it’s better to just agree to disagree at this point, in my opinion.

I, for one, will keep Babbage around, but level 1.  Maybe there will be some revolutionary update (like 2,000 base attack) that makes him great.

BTW. . .Okita. . .what?!  Please tell me. . .that's a joke. . .

(or not, because MHX can paint a bullseye on her face)

Should I change this thread's title to Fate/Grand Order General?
I don't play English anymore so I thought it might be more open in discussion during downtime if I did that.

6 minutes ago, Sophie said:

I don't play English anymore so I thought it might be more open in discussion during downtime if I did that.

I believe so, since the people here discuss future events, and what's currently happening on the JP side of things. 

7 minutes ago, Sophie said:

yeah.

also you should probably edit the OP to have that f2p silver/bronze servant tier list that someone created. Idk if it was @Phillius the Crestfallen or someone else tho.

I just realized that MHX has become neglected since I just wind up fielding Shiki+JTR+Support Shuten/Carmilla whenever there's a mass of riders. Like unless there's saberface bosses, I don't really use her much at all. 

I don't mind the thread title change!  It sometimes goes off on other Fate tangents too. :P:

MHX is still one of my main DPS servants, because of the sheer number of 5* servants I've pulled (six. . .and Shuten is in dire need of leveling).  The 4* freebie will help, though I'm torn between Future Bonus Servant Emiya and Herc.  Both of their classes already have excellent coverage.

or I can YOLO on Stheno :P:

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I don't mind the thread title change!  It sometimes goes off on other Fate tangents too. :P:

MHX is still one of my main DPS servants, because of the sheer number of 5* servants I've pulled (six. . .and Shuten is in dire need of leveling).  The 4* freebie will help, though I'm torn between Future Bonus Servant Emiya and Herc.  Both of their classes already have excellent coverage.

or I can YOLO on Stheno :P:

you have lancelot and kintoki. Emiya's probably your best bet event wise, but Tesla just makes him cry until the SQuests come.

Didn't you get like 3 MHX's or was someone else?

someone on my friend's List has a grailed Fionn at 10/10/10. What the actual fuck lol.

2 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

you have lancelot and kintoki. Emiya's probably your best bet event wise, but Tesla just makes him cry until the SQuests come.

Didn't you get like 3 MHX's or was someone else?

Mine's only NP2.

Of the freebies:

- Emiya's an event guy, which means less grinding
- Would like Marie better if her NP gain wasn't so odd (data shows it isn't, but I remember using someone's friend one, and wondering why her NP gain was abysmal)
- Finally got d'Eon past NP1, so I don't need another copy
- LOL SUMANAI
- Hercules for sticking around (but he's competing with Kintoki/Lancelot/Tamamo Cat)
- LOL STHENO
- Carmilla's unique because her NP is Buster, but I'd rather have MHX
- I have Tamamo Cat, and I doubt she cares about the extra NP gain
- I have Elisabeth, and like Tamamo, she really doesn't care about the extra NP gain
- Martha, however, does, due to triple Arts cards.

Looks like it's Emiya for events, Martha for a better NP gauge, or Marie for variety (though her competition is a woman in a Santa suit, a guy that's prettier than her, and eventually Rider Kintoki).