Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Yeah, I'm assessing my options.  There's good reasons to go for either.

Marie

-Nigh indestructable

-Cute

-Could make themed Queen Rider team with Medb and Boudica

Elizabeth

-Buster AOE Lancer who buffs girls (good match with Bryn)

-Also cute but not as cute

-Has My Room interactions with Tamamo

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Yeah, I'm assessing my options.  There's good reasons to go for either.

Marie

-Nigh indestructable

-Cute

-Could make themed Queen Rider team with Medb and Boudica

Elizabeth

-Buster AOE Lancer who buffs girls (good match with Bryn)

-Also cute but not as cute

-Has My Room interactions with Tamamo

that queen rider team sounds like the best stall team you could do with female riders.

Don't forget, Liz and Nero have some singing to get to!

16 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

d'Eon is only really good when you get the third skill unlocked and this servant requires a fuckton of serpent eyes to ascend. Additionally, the NP is kinda crappy at np1, so it's not exactly a servant I'd recommend unless you really want a tank that can use taunt+evade.

Sieg is kinda mediocre unless you're specifically fighting dragon trait enemies. You're better off with Caesar+Fergus and just waiting for the free Bedivere from Camelot. 

Hmm...in terms of tanking I think Georgios, Leonidas and Mash have me covered so another one isn't really going to do much. So maybe d'Eon isn't that good for me.

Sumanai is a no, he pairs nicely with St.George but I'm not going to be doing that just to make him usable.

---

All thing considered I'm leaning more towards NP2 Carmilla, at least she's pretty good as an anti-female NP spammer and making her NP stronger is a net plus. The only one giving her a run is Herc because he's ridiculous but then again...ST Berserkers aren't my thing. 

5 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

that queen rider team sounds like the best stall team you could do with female riders.

Don't forget, Liz and Nero have some singing to get to!

Don't have Nero, sadly.

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Hmm...in terms of tanking I think Georgios, Leonidas and Mash have me covered so another one isn't really going to do much. So maybe d'Eon isn't that good for me.

Sumanai is a no, he pairs nicely with St.George but I'm not going to be doing that just to make him usable.

---

All thing considered I'm leaning more towards NP2 Carmilla, at least she's pretty good as an anti-female NP spammer and making her NP stronger is a net plus. The only one giving her a run is Herc because he's ridiculous but then again...ST Berserkers aren't my thing. 

If you don't already have one, you're gonna want a good ST Buster something for one event that's coming up.  Of course, it's not coming until next May, but still.  That event has haunted my dreams since I failed to complete it.  Just because the final boss of that event is super strong.

8 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

---

You're gonna want the unit variety. Unless Carmilla is your number 1 waifu, I'd strongly recommend Herc since he's pretty clutch in a lot of events. 

Like, you're gonna want Herc for the durability and power he offers in some difficult challenge quests. He's essentially a get out of jail free card for many quests.

3 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Don't have Nero, sadly.

If you don't already have one, you're gonna want a good ST Buster something for one event that's coming up.  Of course, it's not coming until next May, but still.  That event has haunted my dreams since I failed to complete it.  Just because the final boss of that event is super strong.

Does Herc have any easy to access STNP/Durability Cockroach subs outside of maybe Lu bu? Like Beowulf and Vlad and Cu Alter are all nice, but they're gold servants and Cu Alter's storylocked.

gonna take Herc. I really really need another cockroach, but one that can actually kill shit fast.

8 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Does Herc have any easy to access STNP/Durability Cockroach subs outside of maybe Lu bu? Like Beowulf and Vlad and Cu Alter are all nice, but they're gold servants and Cu Alter's storylocked.

If you factor in his Bond CE no one out-cockroaches Herc.  Not even Cu.

10 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Was it Nero Fest? I heard that one was super tough.

2 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

You're gonna want the unit variety. Unless Carmilla is your number 1 waifu, I'd strongly recommend Herc since he's pretty clutch in a lot of events. 

Like, you're gonna want Herc for the durability and power he offers in some difficult challenge quests. He's essentially a get out of jail free card for many quests.

Hmm... I guess I'll go with Herc then, after all Carmilla can always spook me anytime in the future and, while very hot, she's no Musashi. Although I'm sure he's going to take a while to get to FA because I'm not really keen on Berserkers. 

If you factor in his Bond CE no one out-cockroaches Herc.  Not even Cu.

it's all fun and games until you fuck up fighting someone like Amakusa.

Just now, Alexmender said:

Was it Nero Fest? I heard that one was super tough.

Nah.  Nero Fest has super tough battles but those are optional and just give you Summon Tickets.  Though I do need to get to actually raising Amakusa in prep for Nero Fest.

Event I'm thinking of is SE.RA.PH.  The Fate/EXTRA CCC collab event.  Basically only way to beat the final boss of SE.RA.PH is a team of Mash (with post-Camelot buffs), Merlin, and a ST Buster Servant (popular choices generally being either Herc or Jalter)

Oh hey, Scathach banner, login reward update, Arash/Ushiwakimaru/Euryale/Kiyohime strengthenings, and gacha CE update (Jeweled Sword doesn't seem so bad for lowcost NP charge, the rest are kind of meh).  I'll probably pick Liz for my free 4*, mostly because she was one of my first servants, she's sitting at NP4, and I like Liz in general.

35 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I've played with a grailed lvl 100 10/10/10 Marie at np5 from my friends list and it is the most glorious shit I've used.

She's fucking unkillable to the point of hiliarity. 

The sad thing is I haven't had much chance to use my Marie recently, because a lot of the stuff we've been doing recently hasn't been particularly friendly to her, or because I need particular servants for event bonuses.  I'm probably going to pull her out for farming once Lotus nodes become available, just because I haven't used her for a while.

Nah.  Nero Fest has super tough battles but those are optional and just give you Summon Tickets.  Though I do need to get to actually raising Amakusa in prep for Nero Fest.

Event I'm thinking of is SE.RA.PH.  The Fate/EXTRA CCC collab event.  Basically only way to beat the final boss of SE.RA.PH is a team of Mash (with post-Camelot buffs), Merlin, and a ST Buster Servant (popular choices generally being either Herc or Jalter)

Oh, I haven't use Clairvoyance EX to look that far ahead so I know absolutely nothing about that event ouside of the welfare BB. By that time I'll have Musashi with the power of $$$, she's in the gorilla class so that counts as a strong ST Buster (inb4 the boss is a Ruler that takes no damage from non-Berserker/Avenger servants making her useless). 

9 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Oh, I haven't use Clairvoyance EX to look that far ahead so I know absolutely nothing about that event ouside of the welfare BB. By that time I'll have Musashi with the power of $$$, she's in the gorilla class so that counts as a strong ST Buster (inb4 the boss is a Ruler that takes no damage from non-Berserker/Avenger servants making her useless). 

Nah, boss is a special class that's neutral to everyone except for Moon Cancer and Alter Ego, so Musashi's a solid choice.  You have to beat the boss to get BB.

5 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Nah, boss is a special class that's neutral to everyone except for Moon Cancer and Alter Ego, so Musashi's a solid choice.  You have to beat the boss to get BB.

I'm pretty certain ST buster + Merlin isn't required for that fight, just the easiest way to clear it, as looking at Youtube there's at least one Arts team clear (Vlad/Tamamo/Merlin/Bride Nero/Mash).

7 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

I'm pretty certain ST buster + Merlin isn't required for that fight, just the easiest way to clear it, as looking at Youtube there's at least one Arts team clear (Vlad/Tamamo/Merlin/Bride Nero/Mash).

I know some people manage stuff with specific teams and exploits but my point still largely stands.  That's how most people are going to be able to do it.

10 minutes ago, The Geek said:

I know some people manage stuff with specific teams and exploits but my point still largely stands.  That's how most people are going to be able to do it.

Then you should say it's highly recommended, not required.  Required literally means unable to do without, like the no shop version of that boss requires buff removal.

A free 4* Servant, eh? I'm currently stuck deciding between Emiya, Siegfried, Heracles, and Tamamo Cat. Emiya would be new and I like Emiya, but I already have Nobu as an AoE Archer. Siegfried is also new and may be a good choice since I have a grailed Georgios to play around with due to their synergy. Heracles and Tamamo Cat would become NP3 if I were to choose them as the freebie, and I do use Tamamo Cat fairly often for her AoE NP...

As for the event, most of my attention has been elsewhere besides FGO so I haven't had time to grind as much as I would like. Hopefully I'll at least be able to finish up the story sections as I do find the story to be enjoyable.

20 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

But he’s not?

Babbage is in the wrong class for dealing damage, but at least he has an idea of what he wants to do. He has the same number of hits on his cards as Paracelsus but has significantly higher NP gain, which can be further boosted with his first skill. All of his cooldowns are on the low side, with his highest at Lv. 10 being his first skill with only 6 CD. He has an NP Interlude which makes him hit much harder, and a strengthen quest in JP that improved the scaling on his 2nd skill, leaving just 5% shy of a 50% Atk buff.

Babbage isn’t the best, but he’s definitely better than Dr. P in my opinion.

Again.  Hell no.  Of his skills, one leaves him burned, and the other steals crit stars from people who can actually make use of them (and if I need NP gain, I'm not about to weigh on whether or not I want a turn where my crits on are someone who can't use them).  His attack boost is nice, but it's only for him.

The only thing going for him is his NP, and if I wanted that, I'd go with Hans.  Granted, both have one skill with very few upsides, but at least Hans isn't actively detrimental to his team's damage output for a turn.

RiP wallet kun, you will be missed!

ahem I mean, Yay Sca banner ! Time to hunt NP2 best lancer!!!

SQuests are going to be AMAZING! Free 4* I`ll prob pick herc? (liz/sieg/cat np4 / carmilla/deon 3 /emyia 2 / stheno/herc 1) but then again, Herc is the only lvl1 among those sooo :P

SHISHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

Edited by QKumber

8 hours ago, The Geek said:

Arts cheese powers through that fight pretty easily.

Are you talking about 0 KP version or Melt-chan’s Nerf Death Whip version? The former wasn’t exactly intended to be beat normally but the latter is not too bad because Shielder exists.

I agree though that 0 KP is brutal. She wipes your frontline while ignoring buffs and heavily debuffing your backrow. One run I watched stalled her out, taking over an hour with Nightingale / Double Merlin. Entirely because of her NP Strength Down.

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Again.  Hell no.  Of his skills, one leaves him burned, and the other steals crit stars from people who can actually make use of them (and if I need NP gain, I'm not about to weigh on whether or not I want a turn where my crits on are someone who can't use them).  His attack boost is nice, but it's only for him.

What.

If you are farming, the star absorb and burn demerits are completely inconsequential. The burn amounts to 1500 damage total (read: nothing). And the star absorb lasts one turn while the NP gain, the main draw, lasts three.

And star absorb is a great skill for his kit. Most offensive servants want to take stars to increase their damae output and fill NP, and Babbage has a hard time doing so because of his naturally low crit weight. Remember, he is built as a DPS even if he isn’t as good at it as other units.

Essentially, he is designed to have a team built around him like any other good DPS; he does the damage and his teammates keep him alive and supplied.

This skill would be ridiculous if it was another unit. That means it can’t be a bad thing for Babbage.

There are many attack-boosting skills that are only for the unit that uses them. Your point? And his has Invincible tacked on a 5-turn cooldown at Lv. 10. You know who else has Dodge tied to damage buff? Jeanne Alter. Jack. Summer Nobu. And all of those units only have 6 CD at Lv. 10.

The only thing going for him is his NP, and if I wanted that, I'd go with Hans.  Granted, both have one skill with very few upsides, but at least Hans isn't actively detrimental to his team's damage output for a turn.

Again, what. Hans and Babbage do different things.

Hans goes well with anybody, Babbage included. He buffs, heals, has Arts deck, and generates stars.

Also, because of how the deck works, you can time your skill activations so Babbage doesn’t get in anybody’s way. The deck resets every three turns unless a unit dies or you use Command Shuffle. Check what cards are in your hand each turn and go from there.

Or rather, you don’t want anybody taking Babbage’s stars. Because that’s what he wants to do.

Nice, we’re getting a free 4* starter unit. At this point I’m torn between picking Liz or Heracles though.

39 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Arts cheese powers through that fight pretty easily.

Are you talking about 0 KP version or Melt-chan’s Nerf Death Whip version? The former wasn’t exactly intended to be beat normally but the latter is not too bad because Shielder exists.

I agree though that 0 KP is brutal. She wipes your frontline while ignoring buffs and heavily debuffing your backrow. One run I watched stalled her out, taking over an hour with Nightingale / Double Merlin. Entirely because of her NP Strength Down.

What.

If you are farming, the star absorb and burn demerits are completely inconsequential. The burn amounts to 1500 damage total (read: nothing). And the star absorb lasts one turn while the NP gain, the main draw, lasts three.

And star absorb is a great skill for his kit. Most offensive servants want to take stars to increase their damae output and fill NP, and Babbage has a hard time doing so because of his naturally low crit weight. Remember, he is built as a DPS even if he isn’t as good at it as other units.

Essentially, he is designed to have a team built around him like any other good DPS; he does the damage and his teammates keep him alive and supplied.

This skill would be ridiculous if it was another unit. That means it can’t be a bad thing for Babbage.

There are many attack-boosting skills that are only for the unit that uses them. Your point? And his has Invincible tacked on a 5-turn cooldown at Lv. 10. You know who else has Dodge tied to damage buff? Jeanne Alter. Jack. Summer Nobu. And all of those units only have 6 CD at Lv. 10.

Again, what. Hans and Babbage do different things.

Hans goes well with anybody, Babbage included. He buffs, heals, has Arts deck, and generates stars.

Also, because of how the deck works, you can time your skill activations so Babbage doesn’t get in anybody’s way. The deck resets every three turns unless a unit dies or you use Command Shuffle. Check what cards are in your hand each turn and go from there.

Or rather, you don’t want anybody taking Babbage’s stars. Because that’s what he wants to do.

Nice, we’re getting a free 4* starter unit. At this point I’m torn between picking Liz or Heracles though.

Pick Liz just so you can run double or triple charisma buffs on the right teams.

Babbage's kit reads like Jalter lite.

Edited by Czarpy

10 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Hmm... I guess I'll go with Herc then, after all Carmilla can always spook me anytime in the future and, while very hot, she's no Musashi. Although I'm sure he's going to take a while to get to FA because I'm not really keen on Berserkers. 

Just having him around is a good failsafe if you happen to struggle with harder content (which is going to start soon). Herc is a monster of a Berserker.

7 hours ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

I'm obviously going to be rolling a tonne, so best to see what I get before making a decision.

Same. I'm holding off my decision until I have failed rolled NP2 Scathach though it's probably going to be between Carmilla or Tamamo Cat since these are the only 2 Starter SRs I don't have. And no, screw Stheno.
Otherwise it's easy NP2 Herc.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

*has JAlter*
*doesn't immediately think about picking Elizabeth*
Git gud.

---

Didn't NA already have this free 4* Campaign? I was quite disappointed that I joined after the free 4* giveaway happened.

EDIT: Btw. everyone is excited about free 4* or Scathach but I'm looking at this and think only about 1 thing:
Delicious Mapo Tofu.

Edited by The Priest

4 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Just having him around is a good failsafe if you happen to struggle with harder content (which is going to start soon). Herc is a monster of a Berserker.

Same. I'm holding off my decision until I have failed rolled NP2 Scathach though it's probably going to be between Carmilla or Tamamo Cat since these are the only 2 Starter SRs I don't have. And no, screw Stheno.

*has JAlter*
Git gud.

---

Didn't NA already have this free 4* Campaign? I was quite disappointed that I joined after the free 4* giveaway happened.

EDIT: Btw. everyone is excited about free 4* or Scathach but I'm looking at this and think only about 1 thing:
Delicious Mapo Tofu.

I'm going to order some mapo tofu via food delivery to appease Kirei so he doesn't spook my gacha luck.

pick Carmilla because everyone loves vampire lesbians.

10 hours ago, The Geek said:

Nice! Well, I'll stay wary of the boss but I think Musashi+Support Memelin will be good enough for this. After all I won't like losing out a free Sakura face even if she's crazy.

16 minutes ago, The Priest said:

*has JAlter*
Git gud.

---

Delicious Mapo Tofu.

Very well, Herc it is. He's technically part of the Emiya family too (as in Ilya's car?) After all even if I'm not big on non-Kiyo Berserkers it's better to be safe than sorry. 

Oh god, the Mapo Tofu apocalypse is upon us!