Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

46 minutes ago, Scoot said:

So, Camelot starts soon. (Figured this would be a good opportunity to weasel myself into the conversation) Is it really as brutal as everyone says?

It’s not.

The only fight that manages to be difficult even after 2 years is Gawain 2. He has effective 854k HP with a two-tick NP.

Everything else can either be soloed or turtled with Mash. When in doubt, just field Mash, use her 1st skill and NP, and enjoy taking 0 damage for turns on end. Even more if you leveled her skills to 10.

Avoid fielding Berserkers other than Cu Alter if you feel your team isn’t strong enough to keep them alive. Abuse class advantage whenever possible.

Take it from someone who had to rush Camelot in JP, with one servant above level 70.

If you’re really paranoid about Camelot and you don’t mind spoilers, this should be good enough for your needs.

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Scoot said:

So, Camelot starts soon. (Figured this would be a good opportunity to weasel myself into the conversation) Is it really as brutal as everyone says?

not if you have Euryale.

14 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

not if you have Euryale.

I do have her, but she's only at 1st or 2nd ascension. (David's been my go-to 3 star archer) Don't know if I'm going to bother raising her more for such a niche, and I've got plenty of support Euryales.

43 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

It’s not.

The only fight that manages to be difficult even after 2 years is Gawain 2. He has effective 854k HP with a two-tick NP.

Everything else can either be soloed or turtled with Mash. When in doubt, just field Mash, use her 1st skill and NP, and enjoy taking 0 damage for turns on end. Even more if you leveled her skills to 10.

Avoid fielding Berserkers other than Cu Alter if you feel your team isn’t strong enough to keep them alive. Abuse class advantage whenever possible.

Take it from someone who had to rush Camelot in JP, with one servant above level 70.

If you’re really paranoid about Camelot and you don’t mind spoilers, this should be good enough for your needs.

I should be fine then. Sounds like all the horror stories about the Gawain fight have been exaggerated. Mash and her skills are at max level, and best dinosaur boi Cu Alter is ready to go.

Thanks to you both!

14 minutes ago, Scoot said:

I do have her, but she's only at 1st or 2nd ascension. (David's been my go-to 3 star archer) Don't know if I'm going to bother raising her more for such a niche, and I've got plenty of support Euryales.

I should be fine then. Sounds like all the horror stories about the Gawain fight have been exaggerated. Mash and her skills are at max level, and best dinosaur boi Cu Alter is ready to go.

Thanks to you both!

but like

ascend the archers asap.

they'll be incredibly handy in the long road.

CU Alter is ridiculous, but do remember that some attacks bypass evade/guts

Yeah my gameplan for most of Camelot is basically: Waver, Mash, Support Tamamo and turtling it all out.  Waver and Mash are max skilled and ready to go, and there are plenty of Tamamos for supports.  If Jeanne had her upgrade to her NP I’d consider using her as the support, but the stun is pretty crippling since it can mean the difference between Arts chain or no.

kinda boring, but you go with what works I guess.  And I get the feeling turtles are what works here.

1 hour ago, Mister Rogers said:

Nah. Cu Alter is really unfair in Camelot.

From what I recall, there are only two bosses that can give Cu Alter trouble, and of those two only one can both remove his Guts and ignore his Evade. But it seems that he has other units besides Cu Alter at a high level so he might not have to solo that often.

Cu Alter in general is just solid until LATE-lategame in Babylonia. Then you pray that the RNG doesn’t remove your guts on a whim.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Yeah my gameplan for most of Camelot is basically: Waver, Mash, Support Tamamo and turtling it all out.  Waver and Mash are max skilled and ready to go, and there are plenty of Tamamos for supports.  If Jeanne had her upgrade to her NP I’d consider using her as the support, but the stun is pretty crippling since it can mean the difference between Arts chain or no.

kinda boring, but you go with what works I guess.  And I get the feeling turtles are what works here.

There is exactly one fight in Camelot that completely melts your team composition, but I assume you know what it is and have a contingency in place for it already.

Can you keep EMIYA Assassin on your support? I want to try some things with him in Camelot.

Thanks for keeping the gacha CE on Waver, by the way. Been using it a lot to grind Hot Springs.

35 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

From what I recall, there are only two bosses that can give Cu Alter trouble, and of those two only one can both remove his Guts and ignore his Evade. But it seems that he has other units besides Cu Alter at a high level so he might not have to solo that often.

Cu Alter in general is just solid until LATE-lategame in Babylonia. Then you pray that the RNG doesn’t remove your guts on a whim.

There is exactly one fight in Camelot that completely melts your team composition, but I assume you know what it is and have a contingency in place for it already.

Can you keep EMIYA Assassin on your support? I want to try some things with him in Camelot.

Thanks for keeping the gacha CE on Waver, by the way. Been using it a lot to grind Hot Springs.

at this point i'm just trying to get feathers, gems, bond exp, bones, assassin monuments, and some other shit.

nothing too big.

one more day of mama on rate-up. I'm due for another ticket and some quartz from bexp levels.

I'm glad we're getting the Extra class slot early, now Tamamo can regain her rightful spot in my "All" slot.

As for Camelot, yeah, its difficulty is somewhat exaggerated.  If you're well leveled you can still stomp most of it by sheer level difference.  Biggest needs for Camelot are:

-a strong Caster.  Early sections are very heavy on Assassin-class enemies

-a strong Saber.  Two bosses take good damage from Sabers

Spoiler

Tristan's special effect basically turns Sabers into Berserkers as he reverses the Class Triangle against himself but still deals damage based on the normal Class Triangle.  Alternatively you can use a Lancer for the long, slow game or just use a Servant from a class that is neutral against Archers.

The final boss of Camelot is Lancer Artoria, so Sabers are naturally your best bet to use against her.  Siegfried in particular is good as Artoria has the "Dragon" attribute.

-and finally as many people have stated before you're going to want a strong Archer to deal with the two notoriously difficult Saber bosses.  Eurayle in particular is a good choice.

Spoiler

Don't remember perfectly, but I seem to recall there being a Ruler-class Demon Pillar you fight relatively early on?  That shouldn't be too much trouble, though.  Just grab a support Jeanne Alter or Dantes and you'll be fine.

Strong Saber? I'm doomed then. I have Caesar and...Caesar. Seriously, because every Saber is 3* and up they aren't that easy to get from where I started playing, Fergus is still at NP2 despite being one of the easy ones to get. I should've sticked to that day 1 account where I wasted like 10 SQ on AP refills but I had Artoria in it nah, that account was cursed.

Er...It'll work fine with a support Saber, I have Faber and Helena to act as buff bots with Faber being a secondary Saber.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

. . .strong Caster and Saber?  RIP me.  Halloween Liz/Medea and d'Eon/Siegfried go?

Halloween Liz and Siegfried should work fine.  You really just need to clear waves of Assassins early on and then deal with a Lancer boss.

5 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

The rider boss is what I’m assuming you mean, in which case yeah I do have a potential backup plan.

Kerry is pretty much always my support Assassin, I missed most of KnK.  If you want me to put a specific CE on him for the stuff you want to try, feel free to ask and provided I have it, I’ll put it on, if I don’t I’ll ask if something I do have might be able to substitute.

You’re welcome!  Figured more people would need that than the hot springs ce.

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

. . .strong Caster and Saber?  RIP me.  Halloween Liz/Medea and d'Eon/Siegfried go?

they'll be fine.

gotta get Sanzang maxed out so I  can play

My plans are simple

Ozy meets Kintoki, Jack, and Shiki

Lancelot and Gawain meet Euryale

Tristan meets @MrSmokestack's Jalter

Lartoria meets Rama+Jack/MHX

bam bam grab my golden eggplant and bedivere. hopefully some tickets net me serenity/touta asap too.

1 minute ago, Mister Rogers said:

i have that ce on my supports

hint hint

Wrong support, though.  I've been using a Berserker/Caster node to finish everything off, because I don't have to think too hard about class typing.  It also nets me some of the other materials.  It's not quite as fast, but that's okay, because I have 89 golden apples.

4 minutes ago, The Priest said:

I should probably wait till his stats are released but this is another case where a Legendary variant utterly powercreeps its regular self. This happened before with Ike, now with Hector.

It was obvious that Legendary Hector was coming at some point it just happened to be now where FE7's roster in FEH is starting to get oversaturated with alts (the Valentine roster seems more and more like a mistake). While being another Axe armor is lame he would have to take a spot among the Sword units (his Great General class could wield Swords) otherwise and I can at least think 2 characters that have priority on that one.

That being said, I will pull for him because I like his art (Wada Sachiko nailed him) and his base set is bonkers. Plus I need all these skills in the green pool (DC for Anna, Zephiel and a future Ares whenever I get that man, Steady Breath for Nowi, Lukas and maybe BK, VF for Effie and Sheena).
Red is going to be secondary pick with Warding Breath, again VF and Leif for collection purposes (he is the last Lord I don't have).

this is the fgo thread mate.

lol

10 minutes ago, The Priest said:

I should probably wait till his stats are released but this is another case where a Legendary variant utterly powercreeps its regular self. This happened before with Ike, now with Hector.

It was obvious that Legendary Hector was coming at some point it just happened to be now where FE7's roster in FEH is starting to get oversaturated with alts (the Valentine roster seems more and more like a mistake). While being another Axe armor is lame he would have to take a spot among the Sword units (his Great General class could wield Swords) otherwise and I can at least think 2 characters that have priority on that one.

That being said, I will pull for him because I like his art (Wada Sachiko nailed him) and his base set is bonkers. Plus I need all these skills in the green pool (DC for Anna, Zephiel and a future Ares whenever I get that man, Steady Breath for Nowi, Lukas and maybe BK, VF for Effie and Sheena).
Red is going to be secondary pick with Warding Breath, again VF and Leif for collection purposes (he is the last Lord I don't have).

quoting this because its hilarious

To try and get the thread back on topic:

xrrEO2F.png

I finally finished Iskandar’s skill levels.  Thank ye kindly, Red Oni, for your wonderful generosity handing out Gold Rider gems.

... well, now I’m sort of back where I started since Alexander is also skill gem and horseshoe hungry.

18 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

but like

ascend the archers asap.

they'll be incredibly handy in the long road.

I've got other archers don't worry. Tesla at level 80-something, David is at max but with no grails, and Atalante, Emiya and Nobu aren't far behind.

Am I the only planning to take it slow on Camelot? Sure I can just CuAlter/JAlter/Euryale everything but doesn`t that kinda defeat the purpose of a more challenging singularity?

I kinda want to check and enjoy the boss gimmickys I guess? Those are so rare on FGO sadly