Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried my luck on the Thanksgiving banner again for Scathach. I got another Fragment of 2030, a Lu Bu (New!), and a spare Heracles for my trouble. While Scathach would be nice as a Lancer unit, I honestly just need a better Saber other than Caesar. I got like 100 Golden Saber EXP Cards in storage...

1 hour ago, Sire said:

Tried my luck on the Thanksgiving banner again for Scathach. I got another Fragment of 2030, a Lu Bu (New!), and a spare Heracles for my trouble. While Scathach would be nice as a Lancer unit, I honestly just need a better Saber other than Caesar. I got like 100 Golden Saber EXP Cards in storage...

Theres honestly no better Saber than Caesar for quite a time. Of the current pool Siegfried is better on some comp and post strengthen, Artorias is an AOE farmer which is good but and limited Okita is neo Caesar but even then Caesar had Critical buff and STNP with nice effect

Rama is the first Saber that can be considered unquestionably better than Caesar and Bedivere exists as a free option and even then Caesar had 3 turn uptime over them(Rama unironically lacked Instinct)

Being R is the only thing stopping him from being highly rated tbh. Same with Cu Chulainn prototype(who is insanely good in the right comp after his buff)

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

What about strengthen quests? I have almost 15 max ascended units that all could use their buffs right about now, like Asterios. Hood and Martha get some neat BnBs from it too.

Well yeah of course. Interludes and Strengthening quests are blurred together to me.

10 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

There's honestly no better Saber than Caesar for quite a time. Of the current pool Siegfried is better on some comp and post strengthen, Artorias is an AOE farmer which is good but and limited Okita is neo Caesar but even then Caesar had Critical buff and STNP with nice effect

Rama is the first Saber that can be considered unquestionably better than Caesar and Bedivere exists as a free option and even then Caesar had 3 turn uptime over them(Rama unironically lacked Instinct)

Being R is the only thing stopping him from being highly rated tbh. Same with Cu Chulainn prototype(who is insanely good in the right comp after his buff)

Yeah, I know. Siegfried can be fun since I run Georgios, but I rather have either Artoria (Alter is prefered, but the original is fine too) for wave clearing. Altera is also desired because her artwork and artist. Heck, I'll take a Nero for her "Umu" shenanigans.

I just want another Saber that I like and could level up because getting Caesar's ascension materials (Forbidden Pages, Infinity Gears) is a pain...

1 hour ago, Sire said:

I just want another Saber that I like and could level up because getting Caesar's ascension materials (Forbidden Pages, Infinity Gears) is a pain...

You could train up Fergus like me. Till the 3rd Ascension his materials are really common and his 3rd Ascension might require hearts but only 2. Octuplet Crystals can be easily farmed from Okeanos.
While he is worse than Caesar due to not having a ST NP or Charisma, he is pretty solid on his own. He is heavily buster-oriented (3 Buster Cards + Buster NP); in fact he is pretty much build like a Berserker aside from the fact that he is a Saber. His NP has a AoE Defense debuff attached to it which is really decent for an AoE.

30 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Christmas Event starts in three days. Hope you hoarded Rider exp today!

... Oh no. I was farming Lancer dailies for Scathach and Cu today.
The event train is way too fast. How are you supposed to level up and build your stock in that time between?

Yeah it’s really jarring how quickly they’re moving through the content now compared to the slog that was the past four months. I’m fine with it though. I did have to give up some rider exp to do the master missions today, and I’ll have to do it again Thursday.

I’m not skipping Wednesday because Tamamo needs exp.

17 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Theres honestly no better Saber than Caesar for quite a time. Of the current pool Siegfried is better on some comp and post strengthen, Artorias is an AOE farmer which is good but and limited Okita is neo Caesar but even then Caesar had Critical buff and STNP with nice effect

so a 3 star saber is considered better than the franchise mascot. That's kinda unusual

hmn is the mysterious heroine X from saber wars any good? 

46 minutes ago, Skurge said:

so a 3 star saber is considered better than the franchise mascot. That's kinda unusual

Not really. If I recall correctly, lorewise Crocea Mors is a far more powerful weapon than Nero’s Aestus Estus, but one is 4* and the other is not because one is a girl and the other is a man.

46 minutes ago, Skurge said:

hmn is the mysterious heroine X from saber wars any good? 

She’s terrible, simply put. The stun on one of her skills has a one-turn delay and can outright do nothing, while her second skill is just Instinct. Her third skill works only against Sabers—even the c. star drop rate—which is really odd and shouldn’t be there. And then her NP’s bonus damage works against Saberfaces, which is an even smaller set of units than the Saber class, which would have made her at least decent.

tl;dr she’s an assassin trying to be an archer, and it works out pretty poorly for her

@Skurge @MrSmokestack

Caesar's case happened because DW got better at servant design as time goes on. They clearly intended to have Artoria be better than Caesar, but it just so happen that Caesar did everything right that it took a very long time for him to finally drop from being the best of the readilly alvailable Saber, skillwise. Caesar had STNP, wth high hitcount that produce stars on usage, 3 targetable offensive buff, and one of them can be used on himself so he make a good crit saber if you put Weight CE on him

The saber that ended up dropping Caesar(and Okita) is Rama and he did the impossible. Rama made instinct looks good

Also let me point at Romulus and tell me with a  straight face star rating made any sort of sense

Hercules and Cu reaaaally needed to be one star rating higher.  (And why are Hector and Ushiwakamaru, big named heroes from their respective sources, only 3 stars. -_-)

Caesar is handy, wish i got him in my starting roll. I settled for Cu/Robin/Ushi/Medea/d'Eon/Tamacat. 

but man i think that DW gave hints that caesar/david were good was because their ascension items are reaaaally a pain in the ass to get right now. (god hearts, gears, wtf)

ugh i get the feeling i'm gonna wind up pulling marie antoinette if i do the xmas gacha

Edited by Skurge

6 minutes ago, Skurge said:

Hercules and Cu reaaaally needed to be one star rating higher. 

Caesar is handy, wish i got him in my starting roll. I settled for Cu/Robin/Ushi/Medea/d'Eon/Tamacat. 

but man i think that DW gave hints that caesar/david were good was because their ascension items are reaaaally a pain in the ass to get right now. (god hearts, gears, wtf)

ugh i get the feeling i'm gonna wind up pulling marie antoinette if i do the xmas gacha

Hercules and Cu had an excuse actually, although Cu is mainly gameplay wise

Hercules is excused since he is summoned in by far his worst class. Rama is also on a simmilar note(although in his case Saber isn't his optimal class and he's capable of doing all Three Knight Class as his baseline ability, so its not as bad as Herc staying on his worst)

Oh yeah and then theres the Knight of the Round. Mordred is a 5* to Lancelot and Gawain 4*

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I get the feeling berserker class for servants is only recommended if the servant cannot be summoned otherwise.

Like trying to summon someone that was only known for being a strongman and nothing else. (Sayy Samson or Atlas)

Cu's the main hero of an entire mythological cycle. It's kinda silly for him to not have a gold star version. How the flying fuck did Anne Bonny and Mary Read get one then? Drake is understandable, but fucking Blackbeard is only a 2-star. 

It's kind of as stupid as not giving Bluebeard a beard.

9 minutes ago, Skurge said:

I get the feeling berserker class for servants is only recommended if the servant cannot be summoned otherwise.

Like trying to summon someone that was only known for being a strongman and nothing else. (Sayy Samson or Atlas)

Cu's the main hero of an entire mythological cycle. It's kinda silly for him to not have a gold star version. How the flying fuck did Anne Bonny and Mary Read get one then? Drake is understandable, but fucking Blackbeard is only a 2-star. 

It's kind of as stupid as not giving Bluebeard a beard.

The lore for Berserker is basically "if this Heroic Spirit is weak, put them into Berserker Class to min-max their stats" so thats kinda true

Cu as a 3* made sense because its kinda clear he was intended as a budget good servant. The story tried to justify it by saying his power got cut off from having Caster Cu around.

Also there is, in fact a Gold Star Cu

21 minutes ago, Skurge said:

There's Cu Alter at least.

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Yeah it’s really jarring how quickly they’re moving through the content now compared to the slog that was the past four months. I’m fine with it though. I did have to give up some rider exp to do the master missions today, and I’ll have to do it again Thursday.

I’m not skipping Wednesday because Tamamo needs exp.

I'm really worried what's going to happen with the other 2 events. At this pace we're going to get both in this year and that would be ridicilous.

Spent a gold apple so I can get my AP refill today instead of tomorrow. At least I will have some Rider Exp cards stocked up and 36 Apples should still be a decent enough cache for Christmas (I hope).

1 hour ago, Skurge said:

fuck I just realized I wanna get Nero.

When does she show up on a banner? Is she even decent?

padoru padoru padoru

Don't know when she'll be on rate up again, but as for gameplay Nero's one strength is her ability to survive.  She has two healing skills and a guts skill