Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Waiting until the reset for more profitable chocolate grinding.

Found something for your boner @JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Nah i actually prefer Dadcelot 

Archerc is still best girl though

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

So why are there so many versions of Saber in the franchise? Are all of them supposed to be the same characters? Or they are all different characters with a but of sameface going on?

@MrSmokestackis probably more familiar with saberfaces that anyone else here.

but seriously though, the creators liked the face and put it on many characters. To further the confusion is the dozen or so versions of Altria/Artoria/Arthuria running around. Then we've also got the prototype Arthur and whatnot.

There's Okita, Nero, Jeanne, and probably a few more that I'm forgetting about. Idk does Mordred count too?

idk about anyone else but I like Musashiface better. 

6 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

TWO TIME TEN ROLL FOR 2 GUARANTEED SSR SERVANTS.

FUCK ME I'M GONNA PAY FOR THAT. The idea of grabbing Cu Alter/Jeanne is just too good to pass up

man why do karna/arjuna not appear on an america banner at all. 

Not to burst your bubble buuuuut:
You only choose 1 of these two and can only pull once.

New Year's is the best one to save your money for. There you can choose classes and each of them has 3 SSRs (with the Assassin + Extra class having only Jack and Jeanne).

10 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

man why do karna/arjuna not appear on an america banner at all. 

They did before in a special announcement.

13 minutes ago, Czarpy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Iskandar is limited release and from what I hear, he's kinda underwhelming. although I'd go for him just based on his character. Hell, Alexander is supposed to be decent too, so I'll probably have him levelled and ready by the time the event starts.

But hey, that's the event that has gilgamesha/lancelot on rate-up so i might roll for Gil instead. (Kid GIl gets an event bonus too if you can get him)

it's also one of the very few ways that you can get caster gilles outside of the shitty story gacha so there. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12am98q-n71B5hV6kbOhqaMCpVT9gEyL82ihM98PZEG0/edit#gid=1747575292

image.thumb.png.e314d65245e1762c7e58cf19f11510a2.png

TWO TIME TEN ROLL FOR 2 GUARANTEED SSR SERVANTS.

I’m pretty sure you can only pick from one pool to summon from for the 1st Anniversary. Where did you get that spreadsheet?

10 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

So why are there so many versions of Saber in the franchise? Are all of them supposed to be the same characters? Or they are all different characters with a but of sameface going on?

They are all different characters. They share the same facial features to make designing them easier to add familiarity in Fate media where Saber isn’t the main character. In the context of the story, Saberfaces are alike in that they each have a strong sense of justice.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

I’m pretty sure you can only pick from one pool to summon from for the 1st Anniversary. Where did you get that spreadsheet?

They are all different characters. They share the same facial features to make designing them easier to add familiarity in Fate media where Saber isn’t the main character. In the context of the story, Saberfaces are alike in that they each have a strong sense of justice.

2 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Not to burst your bubble buuuuut:
You only choose 1 of these two and can only pull once.

New Year's is the best one to save your money for. There you can choose classes and each of them has 3 SSRs (with the Assassin + Extra class having only Jack and Jeanne).

They did before in a special announcement.

well I think I'm gonna go with the Knight classes because I don't wanna get spooked by vlad/jack/tamamo/mhx(?) Do we get to pick a free 4 star like the early NA FGO campaigners did?

new years should be interesting, that's when musashi/king hassan get released, right? I'll def. be trying everything I can afford to get musashi and gramps.

@MrSmokestack https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12am98q-n71B5hV6kbOhqaMCpVT9gEyL82ihM98PZEG0/edit#gid=1747575292

11 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

@MrSmokestackis probably more familiar with saberfaces that anyone else here.

but seriously though, the creators liked the face and put it on many characters. To further the confusion is the dozen or so versions of Altria/Artoria/Arthuria running around. Then we've also got the prototype Arthur and whatnot.

There's Okita, Nero, Jeanne, and probably a few more that I'm forgetting about. Idk does Mordred count too?

idk about anyone else but I like Musashiface better. 

As much as i like Musashi i kinda wish we have the old man Musashi as servant

Bedivere best Saberface tho

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

As much as i like Musashi i kinda wish we have the old man Musashi as servant

Bedivere best Saberface tho

fuck i forgot bedivere is the male saberface.

Spoiler

27540140_1601475936603244_6091965331158732759_n.thumb.jpg.6cd54eccf597a2590b083b2b658687df.jpg

how could you want some old man over this

speaking of saberfaces, I got the five tickets for the month and blew them all on the three knights summons in hopes of netting any of the dudes I want. Got this gem

Screenshot_2018-01-31-23-20-53.thumb.png.f6643c3fb9df5838ef3fd92f1cce1d5f.png

so Is it mana burst->charisma->instinct for skill levelling in that order? I can't get her levelled and ascended just yet because I used up the mana prism shops gold exp on vlad to get him closer to the required level for final ascension

yay i now have an entire screens worth of ssrs to scroll through.

Edited by Czarpy

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

fuck i forgot bedivere is the male saberface.

Reveal hidden contents

27540140_1601475936603244_6091965331158732759_n.thumb.jpg.6cd54eccf597a2590b083b2b658687df.jpg

how could you want some old man over this

speaking of saberfaces, I got the five tickets for the month and blew them all on the three knights summons in hopes of netting any of the dudes I want. Got this gem

Screenshot_2018-01-31-23-20-53.thumb.png.f6643c3fb9df5838ef3fd92f1cce1d5f.png

so Is it mana burst->charisma->instinct for skill levelling in that order? I can't get her levelled and ascended just yet because I used up the mana prism shops gold exp on vlad to get him closer to the required level for final ascension

yay i now have an entire screens worth of ssrs to scroll through.

Image doesnt show but i assume Arturia? 

Yeah thats the order. I actually an omega godset plan with her that involves leveling Charisma and Instinct first but it would summon a triggered @MrSmokestack while @Zeratul proceed to school me on Instinct

7 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Image doesnt show but i assume Arturia? 

Yeah thats the order. I actually an omega godset plan with her that involves leveling Charisma and Instinct first but it would summon a triggered @MrSmokestack while @Zeratul proceed to school me on Instinct

arthuria alter. 

I don't get the comparisons between arthuria and arturia alter. Salter's just easier to get due to being lower rarity.

Then again, I'm a total newbie at this game and I'm just glad to finally get a good gold saber that can actually be used in harder content. (take a rest d'Eon, your days of being a meatshield for supports is over.)

Edited by Czarpy

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

arthuria alter. 

I don't get the comparisons between arthuria and arturia alter. Salter's just easier to get due to being lower rarity.

Then again, I'm a total newbie at this game and I'm just glad to finally get a good gold saber that can actually be used in harder content. (take a rest d'Eon, your days of being a meatshield for supports is over.)

The way i see it

With both of them raised at base investment and Interlude cleared, Arturia is better. Salter is for all intent and purpose "using Arturia in SR form" with downscaled skills and everything. 

She have cost effectiveness going for her in this regard but they are for all intent and purpose a solid all around top servant until the enemy hp pool is bloated that AOE NP become less favored

Salter scales worse with np level but it shouldnt be much of a factor. The only time np level scaling is notably weird is Vlad(gains 50% on interlude and 33% on NP2) Beowulf(Interlude is a mere 16% damage up but np2 is 28%)

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

A quick reminder:
Today is the last day with a rate-up on the Cavalier node. The next 2 days will be Knights only so if you want to farm the most efficient and nab extra Hearts, now is the last chance. You have ~2 hours left, good luck.

16 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

eah thats the order. I actually an omega godset plan with her that involves leveling Charisma and Instinct first but it would summon a triggered @MrSmokestack while @Zeratul proceed to school me on Instinct

If you insist on it, your wish can be granted.

Except for the statues and monuments, I’ve emptied the shop. I think I spent way too many apples on this event since I only have 21 left though.

Instinct is an alright skill, but the amount of stars gained should be way more to make up for not having any other effect—or better yet, pair it with other effects to make it at least comparable to skills like “Pioneer of the Stars” or “A Little Night Music”. “Blessings from the End of the World” makes good use of the Instinct part of its effect in that regard. If nothing else, it helps with consistency in stargen if for some strange reason you don’t have 2030 or a skill that gives stars per turn.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Except for the statues and monuments, I’ve emptied the shop. I think I spent way too many apples on this event since I only have 21 left though.

Instinct is an alright skill, but the amount of stars gained should be way more to make up for not having any other effect—or better yet, pair it with other effects to make it at least comparable to skills like “Pioneer of the Stars” or “A Little Night Music”. “Blessings from the End of the World” makes good use of the Instinct part of its effect in that regard. If nothing else, it helps with consistency in stargen if for some strange reason you don’t have 2030 or a skill that gives stars per turn.

stars per turn skill is actually pretty eh though

not as much as NP that give stars but pretty close

20 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

stars per turn skill is actually pretty eh though

By themselves? Maybe. But Hans' Innocent Monster produces 9 Stars per turn which is already more in quantity than Instinct. Elizabeth has EX and gets 12! Stars per turn which is absurd.
But then we remember 2030 exists and things starts to look quite a bit different. Having a steady supply of Stars each turn by stacking them is much better than having an one-time input, especially with the different star absorption between classes.

Instinct either needs to produce much more stars (like 25+ at max. rank) or have some kind of additional effect. Considering that Instinct is the reason why Saber survives so many battles in FSN is thanks to that skill, it being an offensive skill makes little sense (though it has uses for that in lore). Not having some kind of Evade on it is really odd (like 1 time Evade even would be enough, that would make Instinct 100% better).

Edited by Zeratul

22 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

By themselves? Maybe. But Innocent Monster produces at the lowest available rank 9 Stars per turn which is already more in quantity than Instinct.
But then we remember 2030 exists and things starts to look quite a bit different. Having a steady supply of Stars each turn by stacking them is much better than having an one-time boost, especially with the different star absorption between classes.

Instinct either needs to produce much more stars (like 25+ at max. rank) or have some kind of additional effect. Considering that Instinct is the reason why Saber survives so many battles in FSN is thanks to that skill. Why it doesn't have some kind of Evade on it is really odd (like 1 time Evade even would be enough, that would make Instinct 100% better).

The thing is this game is actually extremely burst oriented. For SelfModClone, a huge majority of them are actually 1T, and mechanics like Mystic Code, Card Distribution and stuff are very burst oriented.

You don't want to have stars when say on a Waver-Liz-Gil, you have WW/LL/G. You want it only when you pull Gx2 + 3 whatever, and depending on the shuffle, getting good pull all but ensures your next turn will not have good pull. In this regard the sweet spot for instinct variants is really 20, since 27, where its likely to get 100/100 20/30/20 distribution was basically the soft peak of crit stars distribution with little to no variance

Granted Innocent Monster isn't really all that bad because in an Arts team they are somewhat core at enabling Arts crit which is broken(see: Saberlot). NP stars is hilarious though. It took everything wrong about Quick cards and make it worse

As for.... that part about Arturia i honestly agree, but thats like saying why the fuck didn't Alondite Overload have a Dragonslaying property or why can't you use cu as an NP when you use him alongside Herc so lets avoid going into that direction k

Isn't May King basically what you'd wish Instinct is?

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I'd totally be up for Old Man Musashi as a servant
I mean the poor guy has terminal lung cancer,
((Spoilers for Shimosa))

Spoiler

and is slowly dying in a cave during Shimosa, but gdi his monologues were great!

For that reason, don't think he'd work too well in his elderly state.

Edited by N30

20 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The thing is this game is actually extremely burst oriented. For SelfModClone, a huge majority of them are actually 1T, and mechanics like Mystic Code, Card Distribution and stuff are very burst oriented.

Problem is Instinct just doesn't give you enough to make it count. Self Modificiation gives you the option to crit with your cards and if you decide to go for a more beneficial chain, well, that's that.

As for.... that part about Arturia i honestly agree, but thats like saying why the fuck didn't Alondite Overload have a Dragonslaying property or why can't you use cu as an NP when you use him alongside Herc so lets avoid going into that direction k

I was about to say something but the Herc part killed my mood for that.

Isn't May King basically what you'd wish Instinct is?

It's the better version basically. e.g. 1 time Evasion would definetly be worse than 1 turn Evasion in solo runs. On top of that May King applies Sure Hit which makes it better for sniping with his NP. That part is pretty much wasted on anyone with Instinct right now since all of their NPs are AoE which is not suited to blast single Servants.

Edited by Zeratul

got Salter's choco and I'm done with those.

Gonna use an apple because I need horseshoes for alexander. I got all the pieces needed for stheno/alex/blackbeard/spartacus.

Does anyone use Darius here? He seems kinda all over the place with those skills. (Golden Rule? What the actual fuck)

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

got Salter's choco and I'm done with those.

Gonna use an apple because I need horseshoes for alexander. I got all the pieces needed for stheno/alex/blackbeard/spartacus.

Does anyone use Darius here? He seems kinda all over the place with those skills. (Golden Rule? What the actual fuck)

WWW.BERSERKERAOEWITHINTERLUDE.COM

Honestly speaking his Golden Rule isn't that much of an issue

But you gotta wonder why his cards is actually pretty bad, actually one of few below average Berserker

Darius can farm alright (I myself prefer Spartacus but there’s no reason that I can’t use both) and can be quite helpful in some future challenge quests in the future.

The Da Vinci Rerun Challenge Quest comes to mind in that regard

I used him a little in the Xmas event but ditched him because that damage is shit. 

Oh hey I'm gonna use the intervening week between events to get embers because I'm done with London. Gotta get salter ascended so she can get me more fp.

Oh I guess I'll try to get spartacus to FA because low cost farmbot sounds good.

Why does Robin hood have golden rule again?

35 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I used him a little in the Xmas event but ditched him because that damage is shit. 

Oh hey I'm gonna use the intervening week between events to get embers because I'm done with London. Gotta get salter ascended so she can get me more fp.

Oh I guess I'll try to get spartacus to FA because low cost farmbot sounds good.

Why does Robin hood have golden rule again?

NP gain

That actually puts his NP gain at a pretty good level. GR is a surprisingly good skill

I mean the other alternative is being Billy in term of Cards and.... yeah that was bad