Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

9 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

I... don't think so ? Because I'm not here on Echoes actually, so I was thinking they use Celica because she's a powerful unit, or because she's the heroine of this game. They'll be using Alm, I'll didn't think much.

Well on that note i should really find out how put spoilers in my post. Sorry about that. :(

Edited by Zangetsu

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

WWWWAAAAYYYY off topic, but can anyone tell me why they decided to use Celica instead of Jedah? Is it because they couldn't come up with a complete stat for the guy?

It looks like the current plan is for them to pick TT final bosses from already-existing characters rather than adding new ones.

Remember, any new character requires art, sprites, voice acting, and potentially new skills/weapons. They may not have made those for Jedah yet if they even plan to at all, and if they're planning on releasing him a ways in the future, they may not want to show him off too far in advance.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

It looks like the current plan is for them to pick TT final bosses from already-existing characters rather than adding new ones.

Remember, any new character requires art, sprites, voice acting, and potentially new skills/weapons. They may not have made those for Jedah yet if they even plan to at all, and if they're planning on releasing him a ways in the future, they may not want to show him off too far in advance.

I guess, but it still really awkward to fight her.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

I guess, but it still really awkward to fight her.

Fighting against protagonists from various FE games is the standard for this game, so I don't see anything strange about it.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Fighting against protagonists from various FE games is the standard for this game, so I don't see anything strange about it.

Not that we should take the plot seriously (if at all), but I figure they would do something continue the whole Loki's plot.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Imagine how Alm must feel!

So basically the plot playing out normally.

Edited by Zangetsu

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Not that we should take the plot seriously (if at all), but I figure they would do something continue the whole Loki's plot.

Maybe it's Loki disguised as Celica.

The thing about the plot is that in addition to being pretty wonky, it's also been moving extremely slowly. So I haven't been getting my hopes up for developments on any particular timeframe.

In all seriousness, with regards to the whole 'Celica being the boss spoiling Echoes' thing...

Spoiler

I thought, from the way people discussed it here, that she'd actually be a boss, and then I found out Alm only fights her in a cutscene. I was disappointed, yet relieved.

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Imagine how Alm must feel!

Imagine how Sharena must feel!

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

It’s Kagero disguised as Celica.

Anyway, 20,613. One-stat seal get! I skipped yesterday and levelled up Eldigan instead—who is a champ.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I was about to interject, but then I remembered I ship Alm with Clair. You can keep her, I was just making a joke based on Echoes due to how recently I played that section.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I skipped yesterday and levelled up Eldigan instead—who is a champ.

Reminder I should probably do the same... on a weekend, of course.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

The thing about the plot is that in addition to being pretty wonky, it's also been moving extremely slowly. So I haven't been getting my hopes up for developments on any particular timeframe.

That sounds pretty legit. Then again I pretty much lost any interest in the story by this point.

7 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

In all seriousness, with regards to the whole 'Celica being the boss spoiling Echoes' thing...

Reveal hidden contents

I thought, from the way people discussed it here, that she'd actually be a boss, and then I found out Alm only fights her in a cutscene. I was disappointed, yet relieved.

Yeah but that was still kinda pointless overall.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Anyway, 20,613. One-stat seal get! I skipped yesterday and levelled up Eldigan instead—who is a champ.

Why are you so obsess with that pairing. Mind you I'm a shameless yuri perv fan myself, but what exactly is the chemistry those two offer anyways.

Also 17,442 for scoring.

Screw you guys & your bonus units. :-_-:

21 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Reminder I should probably do the same... on a weekend, of course.

I’m almost mad I got him right after the weekend event ended. But I can’t be mad at Eldigan; it’s hard not to lose head over him.

18 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Why are you so obsess with that pairing. Mind you I'm a shameless yuri perv fan myself, but what exactly is the chemistry those two offer anyways.

-7MfkTfY8nA.jpg

I just ran into an entirely red last map (plus one archer), has that happened to anyone else yet? I had Celica, Henry, Cain, Tharja and Gordin. I was in pretty good shape, except Julia became pretty useless for how cramped that map can get.

14 minutes ago, jameslove001 said:

I just ran into an entirely red last map (plus one archer), has that happened to anyone else yet? I had Celica, Henry, Cain, Tharja and Gordin. I was in pretty good shape, except Julia became pretty useless for how cramped that map can get.

I've often found the final map to be pretty red. I guess with red being the most common color, the one fixed enemy being red this time around rather than green means it's easier for it to end up particularly skewed.

1 hour ago, jameslove001 said:

Yeah, I've seen final maps where every unit was red several times. Pretty cool for me, as I'm using two blue units on my team (and Nino can take a nap in some corner).

Got 5* Tobin.  Honestly I'm happy he has an armor slayer.  He's not that great as a unit so having something like armor slayer gives him a clear purpose so if I'm struggling in a GHB w/ 5 hectors then I'm good to go. 

Though, Effie would still be a problem.

On 7/8/2017 at 11:23 PM, Rezzy said:

Yeah, I guess that's what that one's called.  I wish the main site updated the maps, so it was easier to let people know which map we're talking about.

I'm to blame for that. I haven't had the chance to update the pages on the main site due to travel and work and oops I just spent 5 hours on the forums and got nothing else done tonight. (And unfortunately, I probably still won't have time to work on updates until Sunday since I have to clean my apartment before Saturday for my parents to help bring in a new TV.)

3 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

They make a cute couple.

@Vaximillian I swear I'm going to get that drawing done someday... just not this week for the same reasons as above.

19 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Vaximillian I swear I'm going to get that drawing done someday... just not this week for the same reasons as above.

And the Jet Stream Celica one...

Just got Phantom Spd, which I will never use until the day I accidentally pull a spare Alm and slap it onto my Jaffar.

Day 4: got the Res seal this morning and it's going straight on Julia. Lukas and his girls actually managed to clear the trials yesterday, albeit with B Speed. Still, it's a rare treat when they fall early 99% of the time. My current pair of teams succeed a scoring A Speed/B Survival roughly 85-90% of the time. With two rounds a day plus a little extra I'm making great progress. I'm also enjoying how much faster-paced the trials are this time, even if it results in some sticky situations.

I pulled a 5* +Atk/-Def Alm off the Tempest banner but I'm iffy about swapping Lukas out for him. While he isn't instantly gimped by every mage under the sun and doesn't overlap with Azura, I kinda like how Lukas tanks. He would also need to be SI'd (he needs Hone Speed 3; a B skill and Assist would also be nice). More passive healing via Falchion sounds very tempting however. I should also look into sticking a Special and B passive on Azura; I'm considering Red Tomebreaker specifically to deal with Celica, who does nothing on a defense tile and loses most of her health back.

Shoutouts to Ike for single-handedly destroying runs. If Nino is not buffed and in desperation range she can't one shot him. If she doesn't he literally ORKO's everyone on my entire team. I have legit no counter to that character.

Just now, Zeo said:

Shoutouts to Ike for single-handedly destroying runs. If Nino is not buffed and in desperation range she can't one shot him. If she doesn't he literally ORKO's everyone on my entire team. I have legit no counter to that character.

Are you not running a blue?

At the very least, you should have someone to bring in on a later team.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

They make a cute couple.

10 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

-7MfkTfY8nA.jpg

Can't argue with that logic.   :^_^:

Anyways, My current score is 20,954.

Anyone been keeping score on how many times they lost? Mine's 3 because of that damn Echoe's mountain forest map.