Old tempest thread, plz delet

V-raptor

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Well, that was with no merges, neutral nature, no skill inheritance, and no buffs.

Hence the disclaimer.

47 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

at base.

Both my Reinhardt and Bride Cordelia ORKO this Frederick anyway so it's nothing that would keep me up at night, haha.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

Whoa you hit the 99k?

I currently have 93,362 points. Don't know how I got that high so fast, I think it took me until maybe the third or second to last day to crack 100k last time. But I'm also a lot more bored during this one.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I currently have 93,362 points. Don't know how I got that high so fast, I think it took me until maybe the third or second to last day to crack 100k last time. But I'm also a lot more bored during this one.

Wow congrats for the time and effort :awesome:

I finally reached the 100k points for this Tempest. Unlike the last TT, in which I ran my best Team the whole time for 705 scores, I decided to use the TT to get SP and HM on other Units this time around. While this slowed me down quite a bit, it was totally worth it. Not only was it much more fun, but I also got about 10k feathers for HM alone. I also learned to appreciate certain Units like my Lukas or my Faye a lot more thanks to this as they proved to be much more useful than I ever thought they would be. Also a honorable mention to the Sanaki I thought I would never use, she started going into the TT as a Lvl 30 Unit with no HM at all, and ended it fully SI'd, about 2k SP spare and maxxed out HM; You've done well Girl!

This time I won't aim for the 10k feathers bracket, but instead I'm going to focus on simply not dropping out of the 8k feathers. The last time I tried for the top 1k I dropped out of it pretty much last minute, and I simply don't care enough to stress myself for it again.

Spoiler

UBtjaLy.png

Also, this TT made me hate WoM so much. I lost count on how many times a stupid Fred, Cain or Faye ruined the last Map for me. Celica is annoying enough to deal with, since I'm unable to ORKO her, but having to deal with teleporting, stat-inflated creeps at the same time just sucks.

1 minute ago, SakuraFish said:

I finally reached the 100k points for this Tempest. Unlike the last TT, in which I ran my best Team the whole time for 705 scores, I decided to use the TT to get SP and HM on other Units this time around. While this slowed me down quite a bit, it was totally worth it. Not only was it much more fun, but I also got about 10k feathers for HM alone. I also learned to appreciate certain Units like my Lukas or my Faye a lot more thanks to this as they proved to be much more useful than I ever thought they would be. Also a honorable mention to the Sanaki I thought I would never use, she started going into the TT as a Lvl 30 Unit with no HM at all, and ended it fully SI'd, about 2k SP spare and maxxed out HM; You've done well Girl!

This time I won't aim for the 10k feathers bracket, but instead I'm going to focus on simply not dropping out of the 8k feathers. The last time I tried for the top 1k I dropped out of it pretty much last minute, and I simply don't care enough to stress myself for it again.

Hide contents

UBtjaLy.png

Also, this TT made me hate WoM so much. I lost count on how many times a stupid Fred, Cain or Faye ruined the last Map for me. Celica is annoying enough to deal with, since I'm unable to ORKO her, but having to deal with teleporting, stat-inflated creeps at the same time just sucks.

I was wondering how many people had gotten to 100K.  I'm at around 72K, and have slowed down since I hit 40K.  Having the incentive to do at least 3 per day has helped for motivation, though.

I only have a little bit more than 14k left to go before I hit 99,999 (at 85,888) and scoop up every last orb with my A Team currently consisting of Xander/Delthea/Boey/(4*) Sakura. Delthea, for her part, has done excellent in countering the shit out of Celica when I'm not a complete moron and let Cain/Frederick swoop in and kill her thanks to their damn Red Bull and is already halfway to maxing out on merits (1,146).

Speaking of merits, remember that feeling when a character ends a Tempest Trial run with 1,999 merits? Well, I sure do......

Spoiler

hZYGB8x.png

33 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

@Soul~! WoM is the worst nightmare, you either have to chip enemies or get a clean kill. Speaking of that Fred, Axebreaker Cecilia one rounds him (43atk vs 11res, 32 x dmg; +4 x 2 from Goad) or even Rein but Rein is REIN :P:

It's definitely one of the things you really have to look out for, as well as Rallies/Hones on other characters and Vantage. You honestly have to be legitimately stupid to fall for the same old trick of WoM after the 100th time.

aka me

4 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

It's definitely one of the things you really have to look out for, as well as Rallies/Hones on other characters and Vantage. You honestly have to be legitimately stupid to fall for the same old trick of WoM after the 100th time.

aka me

It's easy to not check skills.  Half the time, I just sort of remember what they have by default, but don't check to see if anyone has WoM before starting.

That's actually what I've been doing and it actually works. It just happened a ton more in the first Trials. I don't even have to check squares a lot of times.

5 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

aka me

That's also me. I swear I'd be a rich man or at least have enough to get a decent pile of orbs if I got a dollar every time I overlook WoM, whether if it's in a Tempest Trial run or anywhere else in the game.

I can also concur with rallies/hones being annoying as if Celica has a buddy next to her with Rally Speed/Rally Atk Spd/Hone Spd, then my Fury / QR Camus (my fallback Celica counter) will get doubled and die even with Leo's Goad Cavalry backing him up.

I've had fewer issues with Wings of Mercy than I've had with random colorless units having Weaponbreakers. I've now just gotten into the habit of tapping through all of the enemy units at the beginning to check their B skills and assist skills.

I still forget to check for Wind Boost, though.

12 hours ago, Soul~! said:

I can't afford to just throw in a character and have them do stuff. I have to think. It's really fucking hard when you have to do that for at least 10 times a day, assuming you're perfect.

I've slacked hard close to a whole week, and it's eating out an important part of my day. I'll be lucky if I make it to 80k at this point, and that's assuming I'm busting my ass for 10k a day.

like fuck I'm playing so bad I'm struggling with the first few stages at times I feel like ragequitting when I lose one character

Bold: This is why I said you lack nukes. Yes, as you said before you have a counter for each character and full coverage over the weapon triangle, which by default is something you would expect one to have, but it's not always what wins the stages, not in the trials. Originally I had a balanced team and if you have the right units (Azura is one of them) then it can work, but otherwise it can be difficult.

Yes, each of your characters does their job, even fairly well, but they fit so tightly into their squares that it's hard to deviate from a single strategy, problem is the Trials are unpredictable. There is always that map with the hard counter you need 2 or 3 units to finish, or the wrong combination of units clustered together, or a character with WoM, or a dancer. And when you have a team as delicate as yours, one casualty spells death. This is why I said you need to play perfectly. You said you only need to think, but thing is, that can get hard after the 100th run.

In comparison, I'm going to use my Bonus team as an example. Nino/Faye/M!Marth/Olivia. Obviously I have a dancer, Marth as a healbot with Renewal, Faye as the Bonus and of course Nino. Notice I don't have coverage over the WTA. Yet I guarantee I am having a much easier time than you and even get some A/A runs here and there. Yeah, Nino and Faye have Draw Back which is mandatory but aside from a bit of careful positioning, this is what my typical trial consists of.

1. Examine enemy team.

2. ORKO with Nino.

3. ORKO with Faye.

4. Weaken with Faye or Nino, then Dance and finish.

You have units that neither of my characters can ORKO or die on the counter, so those enemies have to be softened or ORKO'ed with M!Marth and then finished. Then you have potential problem children like Ike, but they are few and far between. Most of my stages involve throwing nukes and semi-nukes at things and watching them explode with some thought here and there. Still got tedious, but my runs were consistent and I was even able to close out Celica a few times for an A/A run without a blue (always with thought though).

Conversely, now I grind SP/HM and do even less work than before with my newly made Brave Bow+ +ATK Bride Cordelia with LnD2 + a Dancer. My trials now consist of blowing everything up with Cordelia + Dance and ocassionally pitching in with my other 2 units. This makes trials easy and almost a little fun.

This is why I said you lack nukes. I wouldn't say you're stupid. But the Trials were 100x more stressful when I had units that fit into a box and couldn't deviate from their assigned roles. I've lost count how many Blues and Reds I've OHKO'ed with Nino and how many units Faye has surprisingly been able to take out in one or two rounds of combat.

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, Soul~! said:

You're so funny.

Why 8 [

57 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

aka me

I also fall to the trick, and rally/spurs do make the difference when your units roughly ko the enemies. Like how spur/rally/fortify res on Celica avoids her from being one rounded by Rein. Good thing Mae is stronk enough to tank her. But a WoM Fred stomp revenged her RIP.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've had fewer issues with Wings of Mercy than I've had with random colorless units having Weaponbreakers. I've now just gotten into the habit of tapping through all of the enemy units at the beginning to check their B skills and assist skills.

I still forget to check for Wind Boost, though.

Me too, silly healers with breakers piss me off. Specially Serra's that double Rein. LAME

11 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Why 8 [

I also fall to the trick, and rally/spurs do make the difference when your units roughly ko the enemies. Like how spur/rally/fortify res on Celica avoids her from being one rounded by Rein. Good thing Mae is stronk enough to tank her. But a WoM Fred stomp revenged her RIP.

Me too, silly healers with breakers piss me off. Specially Serra's that double Rein. LAME

That's why.

Who the fuck doesn't double him.

Edited by Soul~!

Finally! It's funny how I'm above 100k and even then I'm not in the top 1k, I can't believe the Alm I got about a week ago (more like 4 or 5 days) is already maxed in HM and has enough SP to give him like 3 different builds (the poor guy is -Atk so I won't).

I'm not going to bother trying to be in the top 1k, the trials are going to end soon and I want to give tons of SP to my fliers, after all I've gotten like 4 or 5 Pallas to give Goad Fliers to everyone, if I finish them then I'll go into my Horses who also need a good amount of SP.

Spoiler

Edited by Alexmender

I'm losing a few runs due to surrendering with my bonus unit, then surrendering with my actual team while being distracted by a side activity. Dang, what a waste of stamina. I should hit 60K points soon, but I'm feeling a lot less confident about ending this TT with a top 5000 ranked score. Especially now that I know at least 1000 of those players have already scored past 100K, which leads me to believe a majority of the top 5000 players will attain the same feat by the end. 

I'm only at 75k when I probably could have been almost finished by now. I've been using my stamina for other things this week like the Chain Challenges, grinding some SP with the weekend bonus, and leveling a few units. While it's slowed TT progress, it's made it less of a slog by not 100% committing to it every day like I did last time.

Still bored as shit when I actually sit and do a full stamina bar or runs though.

Spoiler

HWkFiUh.png

(It's my first time trying to use imgur and the screenshot turned out HUGE. IDK if that's normal. ^^; Oh well. Spoiler tags just in case.) 

I finally broke 100k! And so my adventure comes to an end. Mostly. I'm going to do 3 runs a day to get the daily rewards, but I'm not sure I feel like grinding HM anymore, especially without the promise of more rewards. lol (I think I asked this question at the beginning of the Tempest, but they're not giving away 10 orbs for hitting a certain goal like we did last time, are they? I couldn't find anything about it in the announcement. If so, that's a pretty big bummer considering they cut down our Gauntlet orbs to 10...) 

Likes for this Tempest: The consistent theme and love for Echoes is nice. It's tasteful advertising, and all of the events (not just the Tempest) have made for a good opportunity to get your favorite characters. I haven't even played Echoes, but I appreciate it. I'd love to see other games get the Tempest, Bond Battle, GHB, Multi-Banner treatment. The fixes were excellent, so I have no complaints there. Being able to kill characters off and have them stay dead kept this from being a hopeless endeavor. I can't say anything about the extra points for other levels of difficulty, but during the last few days, I'll probably switch from lunatic to hard to save myself some time. This last point isn't related to the Tempest, but I realized that I really like Owl tomes... While I have to have buffs to work with my blade tomes, being able to arrange my characters to work with owl tomes has been really, really fun!

Dislikes/Problems for this Tempest: Just Frederick. lol (I'm mostly kidding.) He wasn't really any trouble for me in combat. Katarina could fry him. Xander and Eldigan could beat him to a pulp. The only thing that made him relatively threatening was Wings of Mercy. You'd think I'd learn to be more wary of Miracle when that lard was around, but I never did, and I lost many a fragile mage to him. I had one map that had not one but TWO WoM characters. I may start a new Awakening file just to torture him like he's tortured me. lol Other than him, high RES characters (mostly Niles and Felicia) were pretty bothersome. Overall, I can't say I have any insane hatred for this event. It's a little grindy, but the rewards are super great. This time around, getting points was much easier so I could do other events and not feel like I was wasting hordes of stamina potions. Actually, I started out this event with 50 potions, and now I have 61 despite using some every day? IDK how that happened. 

Main Teams

Spoiler
  • Sanaki, Faye, Nino, Azura (First Team)
  • Katarina, Faye, Julia/Nino, Nowi (First Team)
  • Ursula, Titania, Xander, Reinhardt (Varied)
  • Celica, Hector, Nowi, Lucius (Third Team)
  • Lucina, Olivia, Spring Lucina, Nino (Fourth Team; only used on final map)
  • Xander/Eldigan, Michalis, Reinhardt/Camus, Wrys (Second Team)
  • Mae, Raven, Lucius/Priscilla/Lissa, Katarina (First Team)

Characters that maxed out HM: Katarina, Faye, Reinhardt, Lucius, Priscilla, Ursula, Sanaki, and Nowi

Taking a day off from TT. Want to get some orbs figuring out how the heck I'm going to deal with Chain Challenges 9&10.

Higher ranking people keep me posted if you can. I'd like to know where I need to be to stay in the top 1k. I need to finish up the Lunatic Chain challenges for another try at Gray and a NOT -SPD Delthea.

80k now!

My budget horse emblem team is doing well, at least until I run into panic ploy. I gave my 4*+1 Cecilia (+Atk -Def) gronnblade so she can one shot stuff with +6 buffs to all stats. Watching enemies suicide on a buffed fury/vantage Camus is rather amusing as well.