New info/trailer coming this week

3 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Oh, gotcha. My bad. I'd be super surprised if there weren't any OC baddies. 

Yeah, same here.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They can of course have the original villains be part of a free update like with Hyrule Warriors, so they won't necessarily be competing in the base roster. 

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Ugh, if Frederick is left in the dust for some flat boring villain like Walhart, I will be very sad...

Besides, if Hyrule Warriors is anything to go by, villains aren't available to play as until you unlock them through some other mode. Frederick would surely become available during the story.

And who cares if Frederick doesn't have a unique weapon?

Well, other than Ganondorf, but this IS Zelda we're talking about, so yeah. Also, the three OC villains had to be unlocked via the story mode in Legends as well, so there's that (the Wii U game made them playable via update).

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Well, other than Ganondorf, but this IS Zelda we're talking about, so yeah. Also, the three OC villains had to be unlocked via the story mode in Legends as well, so there's that (the Wii U game made them playable via update).

I never played the 3DS version, so I didn't know that.

But I still feel like Walhart shouldn't be a reason to exclude Frederick since one is a villain and the other isn't.

But then we have to consider Jagen, too. He started the archetype, and he is very similar to Frederick in terms of his loyalty to his lord.

But yeah, I think they'll reveal Robin and Lissa, as well as Lucina. Can one hope for a Tiki reveal considering we already have her amiibo coming? Well, let's wait and see.

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Ugh, if Frederick is left in the dust for some flat boring villain like Walhart, I will be very sad...

Besides, if Hyrule Warriors is anything to go by, villains aren't available to play as until you unlock them through some other mode. Frederick would surely become available during the story.

And who cares if Frederick doesn't have a unique weapon?

Actually the main reason for that is that Zant and Ghirihim were actually not meant to be playable at first but were made playable near the end of development (which is why they aren't playable in Dorfs stages). 

33 minutes ago, Folt said:

Could this be the date for the info & trailer?

That's related to the support conversation tidbits they'll be giving us.

Meaning, we can expect them to drop around then.

We can hope something else will drop alongside them, but alas

20 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Just stepping out of my temporary break from most of the forum to say here that I'd be disappointed if this showed three Awakening characters and none of them were Frederick... I need my favorite knight if I don't get Ike. :(

Heck, I'd be sad to not see Freddy in it whether Ike was in or not since Awakening is one of the three main focuses.

I'm not even a Frederick fan, but I'd consider it a huge shame if they left out him. I think he's got a pretty solid chance with Felicia to join.

No, that's when the Twitter poll ends. They could theoretically reveal the conversation(s) as soon as it ends, but they never specified a time/date for the reveal. So I wouldn't count your chickens just yet.

7 hours ago, Fireball260 said:

Actually the main reason for that is that Zant and Ghirihim were actually not meant to be playable at first but were made playable near the end of development (which is why they aren't playable in Dorfs stages). 

Oh really? Huh... Didn't know that. o.O

2 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I'm not even a Frederick fan, but I'd consider it a huge shame if they left out him. I think he's got a pretty solid chance with Felicia to join.

It would be a shame! I'm glad I'm not alone here, even if I appear to be about the only big Freddy fangirl on the site. I've loved him since my first playthrough of Awakening when the game came out!

Edited by Anacybele

12 hours ago, Lautsuu said:

But then we have to consider Jagen, too. He started the archetype, and he is very similar to Frederick in terms of his loyalty to his lord.

But yeah, I think they'll reveal Robin and Lissa, as well as Lucina. Can one hope for a Tiki reveal considering we already have her amiibo coming? Well, let's wait and see.

I actually think Jagen and Frederick have enough difference between each other for there to be place for the both of them. I don't see them as direct competitors for the same spot. Frederick is part of the archtype but not to the extend of someone like Marcus who's pretty much rendered obsolete if Jagen makes it into the game. 

Their demeanor and designs are quite different and even their loyalty is of a different sort. Jagen is the top retainer while Frederick is more of a battle butler. Frederick is also younger which differentiates him from Jagen. Not being old is also considered quite the big deal in the Warriors fandom if the Samurai popularity polls are anything to go by. 

Happy to see we'll be getting new information so soon after E3, although I guess that's to be expected given that it's supposed to release in Japan soon. Still, I'm excited.

While showing new characters is all well and good, I also want to see a bit more of the story to see if there's anything to look forward to, and more details on how Fire Emblem elements will make it into the game in general. Hyrule Warriors offered a lot of fan service for Zelda fans, and I enjoyed all the small touches quite a bit, like pulling down the moon from Majora's Mask. I hope there'll be similar nods here.