New trailer: Warriors' Awakening

On 06/07/2017 at 6:39 PM, The DanMan said:

@BlizzardWolf95 @Jedi They said they'd contemplated a CAW avatar character but decided against it (so as not to upstage pre-existing characters); I think that safely deconfirms any CAW system for the game.

This is probably just me being too optimistic, but there's a small chance that there could be a CAW system but is only usable in Free Play and won't be an actual character in the Story. What they said in the interview was "we decided the story would be more about the heroes from the other games. We made two protagonists who were a bit younger in age because we wanted the heroes to lead them".

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New character renders look cool, and it does seem like Robin's going to be a dedicated Tome user (no Levin sword, which is fine). I agree that there's likely going to be 3 trailers for Fates between the routes. Have Corrin star alongside the royal siblings in each one (and yes I do think all four are getting in per kingdom; Lissa being an Axe wielder clinches my thoughts on Sakura with Yumi and Elise with either tomes or possibly even hidden weapons as a Maid), and the have the Revelations/Valla one star Azura, Inigo, Laslow, and Selena (maybe even in their 'original' forms as a form of second gen Awakening representation so Lucina isn't all alone), or at the very least Felicia in order to get a butler/maid rep.

It's disappointing, imo. I prefer female Robin over the male. But at least female Corrin was picked over male Corrin. I dislike him the most out of the Avatars.

Just now, Anacybele said:

It's disappointing, imo. I prefer female Robin over the male. But at least female Corrin was picked over male Corrin. I dislike him the most out of the Avatars.

I honestly don't get why you have to hate one specific gender of the Avatar, when really, they are the same. Only difference they get are some interactions through support conversations, really, and who you pair up with. 

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

I honestly don't get why you have to hate one specific gender of the Avatar, when really, they are the same. Only difference they get are some interactions through support conversations, really, and who you pair up with. 

Design and a little bit of dialogue. Male Corrin's default design is really stupid, imo. He looks like a little kid and that hair is stupid. Female Corrin's design is way better aside from the forced open thighs (which are stupid and unnecessary, imo). She actually looks like a teenager and her hair is pretty.

Female Robin >>> male Robin because of both design and a little dialogue. I like default female Robin's face and hair choices a lot, and some of her dialogue is adorable. She calls Frederick Freddy Bear! lol

Design and a little bit of dialogue. Male Corrin's default design is really stupid, imo. He looks like a little kid and that hair is stupid. Female Corrin's design is way better aside from the forced open thighs (which are stupid and unnecessary, imo). She actually looks like a teenager and her hair is pretty.

Female Robin >>> male Robin because of both design and a little dialogue. I like default female Robin's face and hair choices a lot, and some of her dialogue is adorable. She calls Frederick Freddy Bear! lol

Figured it would have to be the design mostly. Well, I do admit that F!Corrin's design seems nicer, but I found myself liking M!Robin's design far better. F!Robin's designs seems just weird to me. 

Figured it would have to be the design mostly. Well, I do admit that F!Corrin's design seems nicer, but I found myself liking M!Robin's design far better. F!Robin's designs seems just weird to me. 

And male Robin and male Corrin are the ones with weird design choices, imo. Male Robin can look like a child, a teen boy, or...a man who's near 40? Seriously, the oldest male Robin build looks TOO old, no matter what face you choose for him. The older female Robin build looks mid twenties, imo. I don't care for male Robin's design choices in general, but the oldest one has the worst to me.

And male Robin and male Corrin are the ones with weird design choices, imo. Male Robin can look like a child, a teen boy, or...a man who's near 40? Seriously, the oldest male Robin build looks TOO old, no matter what face you choose for him. The older female Robin build looks mid twenties, imo. I don't care for male Robin's design choices in general, but the oldest one has the worst to me.

I don't really look at the other designs, but rather the default ones. Personally Robin strikes me as someone that would be around Chrom's age better than being younger or older than him. 

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I don't really look at the other designs, but rather the default ones. Personally Robin strikes me as someone that would be around Chrom's age better than being younger or older than him. 

Yeah, same here, honestly. I was just generalizing all of Robin's potential design choices for both genders. But I think it makes the most sense for Robin to be around Chrom's age. My personal Robin is 22 after the time skip and Chrom is 20 at that point. Two or three years difference is fine with me. But more than that might be a bit much. Plus, since my Robin is Frederick's wife, I had to make her over 18 at least or else it'd look creepy to me (I headcanon Frederick to be 26 post-time skip at LEAST). xP

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, same here, honestly. I was just generalizing all of Robin's potential design choices for both genders. But I think it makes the most sense for Robin to be around Chrom's age. My personal Robin is 22 after the time skip and Chrom is 20 at that point. Two or three years difference is fine with me. But more than that might be a bit much. Plus since my Robin is Frederick's wife, I had to make her over 18 at least or else it'd look creepy to me (I headcanon Frederick to be 26 post-time skip at LEAST). xP

For me, I find that Frederick is around Emmeryn's age (sort of ship them XP) and Robin to be 1-2 years Chrom's junior, making Robin be around 17-18 years old. Chrom is actually about 19 years old when Awakening starts and 21+ after the timeskip. But I did see how older Robin looks, and I agree. They were trying for Gregor's look there, which while okay, is not something that fits M!Robin.

26 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Ryoma's description says he's the only Swordmaster that can wield the Raijinto. I wonder if this means we'll be getting another "Swordmaster" class, or if this just meant he's the only swordsman that wield it in general? The latter is the more likely, but that stood out me when reading.

I'm too inquisitive, it's probably nothing.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Seriously, the oldest male Robin build looks TOO old, no matter what face you choose for him

I agreed with this, until I started using it myself, and now I can't go back to the other versions. It might just be because I like the hair options better though.

Edited by BlizzardWolf95

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

For me, I find that Frederick is around Emmeryn's age (sort of ship them XP) and Robin to be 1-2 years Chrom's junior, making Robin be around 17-18 years old. Chrom is actually about 19 years old when Awakening starts and 21+ after the timeskip. But I did see how older Robin looks, and I agree. They were trying for Gregor's look there, which while okay, is not something that fits M!Robin.

Oh yeah, I think Freddy's around Emmeryn's age too, and it fits with my headcanon that he's 26 post-time skip, because Emmeryn was confirmed to be 24 pre-time skip. Chrom was actually confirmed to be 18 pre-time skip. Lissa is 14 at that point. It wasn't confirmed directly, but there was official art of the three as children released, and their ages were written on the image. Some math leads to them being 24, 18, and 14 pre-time skip.

Yeah, I know, it's like they were trying to put Robin's clothes on Gregor and it just comes off as really awkward and...well, unfitting. No pun intended. :P

4 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

Ryoma's description says he's the only Swordmaster that can wield the Raijinto. I wonder if this means we'll be getting another "Swordmaster" class, or if this just meant he's the only swordsman in general? The latter is the more likely, but that stood out me when reading.

Oh yeah! If Swordmasters are a thing and fill a certain niche, that actually helps Ike's chances! He's not of that type of sword class, he more or less fills the mercenary niche. What other mercenary in the series is as good a choice as him besides maybe Ogma? Ike is really popular and has a unique style with Ragnell and his strength and defense. If there can be more than one Swordmaster. We can get more than one mercenary.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I think Freddy's around Emmeryn's age too, and it fits with my headcanon that he's 26 post-time skip, because Emmeryn was confirmed to be 24 pre-time skip. Chrom was actually confirmed to be 18 pre-time skip. Lissa is 14 at that point. It wasn't confirmed directly, but there was official art of the three as children released, and their ages were written on the image. Some math leads to them being 24, 18, and 14 pre-time skip.

Actually it says it here:

According to the Official Fire Emblem Awakening Comic from Nintendo Dream, Chrom is six years younger than Emmeryn, making him roughly nineteen years old at the start of Fire Emblem Awakening.

18 is still viable, but he's likely 19. His birthday is May 27 and Emmeryn's birthday is December 23. 

Actually it says it here:

18 is still viable, but he's likely 19. His birthday is May 27 and Emmeryn's birthday is December 23. 

That comic is inaccurate then. The official art of the three as kids listed them as 4, 8, and 14 respectively. Emmeryn was crowned ten years before Awakening's start, and she was 14 then. That makes them 14, 18, and 24 at the start of Awakening.

That comic is inaccurate then. The official art of the three as kids listed them as 4, 8, and 14 respectively. Emmeryn was crowned ten years before Awakening's start, and she was 14 then. That makes them 14, 18, and 24 at the start of Awakening.

Look at Emmeryn's birthday. December 23. And it says that she was crowned Exalt before her 10th birthday because it wasn't December 23rd at that. And it says she was crowned 15 years before Awakening, meaning that she was 9 years old at the time.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Look at Emmeryn's birthday. December 23. And it says that she was crowned Exalt before her 10th birthday because it wasn't December 23rd at that. And it says she was crowned 15 years before Awakening, meaning that she was 9 years old at the time.

Look at the artwork of them as children. It's official and confirmed their ages as what I said they are. Also, Emmeryn being crowned that early would mean their parents were dead before Lissa was even conceived, and that obviously makes no sense.

Edited by Anacybele

Look at the artwork of them as children. It's official and confirmed their ages as what I said they are.

But I don't have to deny that either. Chrom's birthday is May 27, right? Then once May hits, his age goes up 1, so if it shows int he artwork him being 8 years while Emmeryn is 14, then it can be said that May 27, his birthday, wasn't there yet. But if it does, he'll be 9, and when December hits, Emmeryn is 15. See? It works perfectly.

I honestly would prefer not having anyone outside of Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates. Ike is pretty cool, but most characters everyone wants outside of those three all use swords for one (Lyn, Ike, Roy, Eliwood, Alm, possibly Celica, etc.) and there's already so many cool characters from SD, Awakening and Fates.

I also feel like any characters from other games would kind of stick out, partially because HW only chose characters from OOT, SS and TP at first, but also because they wouldn't fit into the narrative. I know that HW had some characters be unlocked by Adventure Mode, but those characters were still a part of the story. This would make adding Ike strange because how will he fit in? The story is about meeting characters from SD/Fates/Awakening, so Ike can't just appear.

I'd much rather a character from the three games said rather than a swordie from outside the three games. We already have what, 8 swordies? And if the roster's about 25 characters, I'd hate to get another swordie and or a character outside the games they specified.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

But I don't have to deny that either. Chrom's birthday is May 27, right? Then once May hits, his age goes up 1, so if it shows int he artwork him being 8 years while Emmeryn is 14, then it can be said that May 27, his birthday, wasn't there yet. But if it does, he'll be 9, and when December hits, Emmeryn is 15. See? It works perfectly.

Sigh... Never mind. We obviously aren't going to agree here. xP