New trailer: Warriors' Awakening

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Now I'm laughing with how Eliwood and Soren have some kind of heated conversation on who's stronger; Hector or Ike. XD

Odd seeing how level headed those too are. At least, I think Eliwood's level headed. I don't remember too much.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Robin and Soren talking sounds interesting! They'd talk about all kinds of tactics and Robin will wonder why Soren sounds like he shuts himself out from the world. :P

Ike would probably ask Chrom where he got Aether and stuff. Chrom could mention to Ike that he met his descendant and I'd love to see how Ike would react to that. lol

Exactly. I doubt that Soren and Robin would become BFFs, since Soren seems to shut everyone but Ike and seems to only believe in Ike as his one true friend, but Robin feels like he could at least understand Soren and Soren could come to trust Robin just a little. 

I doubt it would be about Aether, but more along wanting to spar. I dunno, I can't help but think Ike as someone that would want to spar against guys he thinks are strong. 

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Odd seeing how level headed those too are. At least, I think Eliwood's level headed. I don't remember too much.

Oh I don't mean that they'd be raising their voice. They could just talk about it, but keep insist that their guy is stronger. XD

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Exactly. I doubt that Soren and Robin would become BFFs, since Soren seems to shut everyone but Ike and seems to only believe in Ike as his one true friend, but Robin feels like he could at least understand Soren and Soren could come to trust Robin just a little. 

I doubt it would be about Aether, but more along wanting to spar. I dunno, I can't help but think Ike as someone that would want to spar against guys he thinks are strong. 

Oh I don't mean that they'd be raising their voice. They could just talk about it, but keep insist that their guy is stronger. XD

If anyone other than Ike could be his friend, it would probably be either Robin or Chrom. I got a Soren in Heroes though and he just seems...like a bit of a jerk.

Ah, that works I guess. 

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

If anyone other than Ike could be his friend, it would probably be either Robin or Chrom. I got a Soren in Heroes though and he just seems...like a bit of a jerk.

Ah, that works I guess. 

Not a bit of a jerk. Soren IS a jerk. Class A at that. He's rude to really EVERYONE in the games. It's only Ike that he thinks the world of because Ike in a way saved his life when Soren was a child, when everyone else shunned him. Soren is also incredibly racist as well, as he always puts down the laguz and calls them sub-humans and such. 

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Not a bit of a jerk. Soren IS a jerk. Class A at that. He's rude to really EVERYONE in the games. It's only Ike that he thinks the world of because Ike in a way saved his life when Soren was a child, when everyone else shunned him. Soren is also incredibly racist as well, as he always puts down the laguz and calls them sub-humans and such. 

Wait, I thought people were racist against him? Something about being a half blood or something.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Wait, I thought people were racist against him? Something about being a half blood or something.

Oh it was a mutual racism. See, he is a Branded, something that is hated on by both Beorc and Laguz. Laguz actually treat Branded even worse, because they literally ignore one's existence and just walks by them without even acknowledging them. That's why Soren has a deep hatred for the laguz and why he acts racist towards them. 

Soren's attitude is understandable because of his history though. I think he's a well-written character. I just also think his dickishness and obsession with Ike were taken a bit too far and it turned me off from him. I also don't care much for his design. I'm typically not into boys that look like girls.

The fact that he literally wanted to hand Elincia over to Daein didn't help my opinion of him much either. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I only managed to reach CH 12 of PoR, but from one tangent that he went off on regarding Crimea's people solidified him as being the realest dude in all of FE. He's definitely brutal in his phrasing and very harsh about it too, but otherwise, you cannot deny that he has great points. (Or so I've been told. But from what amount I've seen, I'd believe it)

8 minutes ago, Motendra said:

I only managed to reach CH 12 of PoR, but from one tangent that he went off on regarding Crimea's people solidified him as being the realest dude in all of FE. He's definitely brutal in his phrasing and very harsh about it too, but otherwise, you cannot deny that he has great points. (Or so I've been told. But from what amount I've seen, I'd believe it)

Yeah, he does have some good quotes. And stuff like this is why I think Tellius deserves more love and another chance to shine. It's the best written saga, imo.

49 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Soren's attitude is understandable because of his history though. I think he's a well-written character. I just also think his dickishness and obsession with Ike were taken a bit too far and it turned me off from him. I also don't care much for his design. I'm typically not into boys that look like girls.

The fact that he literally wanted to hand Elincia over to Daein didn't help my opinion of him much either. :P

Soren is very realistic and follows on logic. Since he's so closed off to everyone because of his childhood trauma, he really doesn't give a damn about anyone. Of course, this and his hatred towards how the laguz treated him ultimately leads him to nearly getting mauled by the laguz on their very first meeting had Ike not stepped in and taken the hit. 

Pretty stupid move on his part. 

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Soren is very realistic and follows on logic. Since he's so closed off to everyone because of his childhood trauma, he really doesn't give a damn about anyone. Of course, this and his hatred towards how the laguz treated him ultimately leads him to nearly getting mauled by the laguz on their very first meeting had Ike not stepped in and taken the hit. 

Pretty stupid move on his part. 

Yeah...that scene didn't help my opinion of him much either. :P

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah...that scene didn't help my opinion of him much either. :P

Mhm. I mean, I get it, but Soren's smarts should have realized that he shouldn't provoke their saviors, but he just goes and does it. Well, his hatred does make it the reason why he provoked them. Guess even he has his emotional moments. 

But like you said, Soren is a very well written character, and everyone just loves to ship him and Ike together. Well, if they aren't shipping Ike and Elincia. I'm a bit pissed that Radiant Dawn sank that ship.

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Mhm. I mean, I get it, but Soren's smarts should have realized that he shouldn't provoke their saviors, but he just goes and does it. Well, his hatred does make it the reason why he provoked them. Guess even he has his emotional moments. 

But like you said, Soren is a very well written character, and everyone just loves to ship him and Ike together. Well, if they aren't shipping Ike and Elincia. I'm a bit pissed that Radiant Dawn sank that ship.

Yeah, I can understand why Ike and Soren weren't a thing (it was really only on Soren's end and they're clearly just meant to be close friends, plus there are certain dumb people who are completely against gays and lesbians), but Ike and Elincia's relationship being killed in RD sucked... I get why it happened, NoA added a little more oomph to it in PoR and IS simply didn't know and rolled with other things instead, but...yeah. I'm an Ike x Elincia shipper, so...

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I can understand why Ike and Soren weren't a thing (it was really only on Soren's end and they're clearly just meant to be close friends, plus there are certain dumb people who are completely against gays and lesbians), but Ike and Elincia's relationship being killed sucked... I get why it happened, NoA added a little more oomph to it in PoR and IS simply didn't know and rolled with other things instead, but...yeah. I'm an Ike x Elincia shipper, so...

In my opinion, Ike and Elincia had the strongest chemistry from Path of Radiance, and you have to wonder why they didn't continue it. It was just perfect. But I guess it couldn't be helped. Some relationships can't work out. Ike is a guy that loves his freedom, and Elincia must be Queen of Crimea. 

Of course, Priam's existence sort of breaks EVERY shipping there is, as him being Ike's descendent means Ike hooked up with some other lady that NO ONE knows about 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

In my opinion, Ike and Elincia had the strongest chemistry from Path of Radiance, and you have to wonder why they didn't continue it. It was just perfect. But I guess it couldn't be helped. Some relationships can't work out. Ike is a guy that loves his freedom, and Elincia must be Queen of Crimea. 

Of course, Priam's existence sort of breaks EVERY shipping there is, as him being Ike's descendent means Ike hooked up with some other lady that NO ONE knows about 

I know, I thought they had the strongest chemistry too! NoA actually wrote them better than IS themselves did, imo. In fact, I thought they were boring in the original Japanese. In English, Ike basically says Elincia means much more to him than just his employer in their A support. That's about as close as you can get to saying you love someone in some way without actually telling them that, imo. Then in RD, they kinda act like that never even happened, thanks to inconsistencies between IS and localization. Really messed things up.

Priam could be from Mist's line, but I seriously doubt that. I think Ike had kids with an unknown woman too, and as long as his wife is an awesome pretty girl, I'm cool with that. :)

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I know, I thought they had the strongest chemistry too! NoA actually wrote them better than IS themselves did, imo. In fact, I thought they were boring in the original Japanese. In English, Ike basically says Elincia means much more to him than just his employer in their A support. That's about as close as you can get to saying you love someone in some way without actually telling them that, imo. Then in RD, they kinda act like that never even happened, thanks to inconsistencies between IS and localization. Really messed things up.

Priam could be from Mist's line, but I seriously doubt that. I think Ike had kids with an unknown woman too, and as long as his wife is an awesome pretty girl, I'm cool with that. :)

NoA? North America? I guess that when they found out that Ike/Elincia was sunk, they had no choice but to stick to the original content. But wait, how was the original Japanese text for Ike and Elincia? 

Given how Marth is an INdirect descendent of Anri, it's possible that Priam is too, but that wouldn't explain why Priam owns the now de-blessed Ragnell, since Ike took that weapon with him.

5 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

NoA? North America? I guess that when they found out that Ike/Elincia was sunk, they had no choice but to stick to the original content. But wait, how was the original Japanese text for Ike and Elincia? 

Given how Marth is an INdirect descendent of Anri, it's possible that Priam is too, but that wouldn't explain why Priam owns the now de-blessed Ragnell, since Ike took that weapon with him.

Nintendo of America. And yeah, probably. As for the Japanese, I really only saw the A support and a few other lines, but in the A support, they sounded less emotional and more robotic in Japanese. It was like...

Ike: I'll fulfill my contract for you regardless of the cost.

Elincia: Thank you, Sir Ike.

And in English...

Ike: I'll win this war for you. ...No, it means more than that. To my final breath, I'll fight to ensure your dream...Elincia.

Elincia: Oh, my lord Ike...

The words may not be exact, but the general idea is the same. I can easily feel much more emotion and closeness in the English version.

And yeah, exactly. I don't get how people who say Priam is from Mist can explain Ragnell. They could say it's just a replica, but...what would be the point of that, honestly, except to say Priam is from Mist or a big faker? That feels like a lot of trolling. And Ragnell now being able to break and no longer emit shockwaves is easily explained by it losing the Ashera blessing.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Nintendo of America. And yeah, probably. As for the Japanese, I really only saw the A support and a few other lines, but in the A support, they sounded less emotional and more robotic in Japanese. It was like...

Ike: I'll fulfill my contract for you regardless of the cost.

Elincia: Thank you, Sir Ike.

And in English...

Ike: I'll win this war for you. ...No, it means more than that. To my final breath, I'll fight to ensure your dream...Elincia.

Elincia: Oh, my lord Ike...

The words may not be exact, but the general idea is the same.

And yeah, exactly. I don't get how people who say Priam is from Mist can explain Ragnell. They could say it's just a replica, but...what would be the point of that, honestly, except to say Priam is from Mist or a big faker? That feels like a lot of trolling. And Ragnell now being able to break and no longer emit shockwaves is easily explained by it losing the Ashera blessing.

I like that. The Japanese version seems to treat their relationship like it's merely a contract, but the localized version treats it like the time they spent together has given them more emotional connection. Both sort of makes sense, as one side shows Ike being a mercenary, and they aren't emotionally attached to their contracts. But the other side shows that while Ike does lead the mercenaries, he's still new to this business, so he's surely not ready to be able to push emotions aside. And he has shown to be a hot head in the beginning. The latter would make more sense because technically speaking, Ike shouldn't be able to keep emotions and business separate just yet. 

You gotta remember that Ragnell was blessed by Ashera. But Ashera no longer exists because she reformed with Yune to become Ashunera. So all blessings Ashera and Yune had given to any weapons or items would fade away. And I doubt that IS would pull some BS trolling of that kind of level. Although technically speaking, Priam never CONFIRMED that he was Ike's descendent. Least in the localized version, he says in response to Chrom that he is the 'theoretical descendent' and such when Chrom was talking about Priam being Ike's descendent. This neither confirmed nor de-confirmed Priam's bloodline. 

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I like that. The Japanese version seems to treat their relationship like it's merely a contract, but the localized version treats it like the time they spent together has given them more emotional connection. Both sort of makes sense, as one side shows Ike being a mercenary, and they aren't emotionally attached to their contracts. But the other side shows that while Ike does lead the mercenaries, he's still new to this business, so he's surely not ready to be able to push emotions aside. And he has shown to be a hot head in the beginning. The latter would make more sense because technically speaking, Ike shouldn't be able to keep emotions and business separate just yet. 

You gotta remember that Ragnell was blessed by Ashera. But Ashera no longer exists because she reformed with Yune to become Ashunera. So all blessings Ashera and Yune had given to any weapons or items would fade away. And I doubt that IS would pull some BS trolling of that kind of level. Although technically speaking, Priam never CONFIRMED that he was Ike's descendent. Least in the localized version, he says in response to Chrom that he is the 'theoretical descendent' and such when Chrom was talking about Priam being Ike's descendent. This neither confirmed nor de-confirmed Priam's bloodline. 

Yeah, I feel like the English version makes Ike more human and more like he is still newish at the job of leading and being a mercenary. Even people who work together can form emotional and close connections. It just wouldn't make as much sense to me for Ike to not have considered anyone he worked with his friends by the time that conversation or any conversation late in the game occurs.

And yeah, you can't forget that Ragnell was blessed by Ashera and that the blessing was temporary. The Black Knight's armor lost its blessing too, and that one went away sooner because it apparently wasn't as powerful. And yeah, true. Some people claim that Priam can't be canon because the availability of his paralogue comes at a totally nonsensical time. Which is true, and that's pretty poor writing/execution, but it doesn't mean IS doesn't want Priam to be a canon character.

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I feel like the English version makes Ike more human and more like he is still newish at the job of leading and being a mercenary. Even people who work together can form emotional and close connections. It just wouldn't make as much sense to me for Ike to not have considered anyone he worked with his friends by the time that conversation or any conversation late in the game occurs.

And yeah, you can't forget that Ragnell was blessed by Ashera and that the blessing was temporary. The Black Knight's armor lost its blessing too, and that one went away sooner because it apparently wasn't as powerful. And yeah, true. Some people claim that Priam can't be canon because the availability of his paralogue comes at a totally nonsensical time. Which is true, and that's pretty poor writing/execution, but it doesn't mean IS doesn't want Priam to be a canon character.

Mhm, and it makes sense. He wasn't a mercenary yet. He was JUST starting and had emotional cases. In fact, Ike even yelled at Sanaki for playing a prank on Elincia that could have actually gotten him killed on the spot. If Ike didn't have any kind of emotional outbursts, then Ike's support with Elincia makes sense, but he does have outbursts and has empathetic moments with her. They can't just NOT have emotional attachments. 

I am more on the poor writing part, but there is no evidence saying that it ISN'T canon, because regardless of the case, it exists in the paralogues and is mentioned. It's not even DLC, but actually in the game. The case of it being non-canon is ridiculously smaller. Priam still existing means that he is canon, no matter how much you try to deny it. That'd be like saying that all the any Morgans born from Aversa, Emmeryn, Wallhart, Gangrel, or Yen'fey are non-canon. So you're saying Morgan is now non-canon. But that can't be. 

14 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Mhm, and it makes sense. He wasn't a mercenary yet. He was JUST starting and had emotional cases. In fact, Ike even yelled at Sanaki for playing a prank on Elincia that could have actually gotten him killed on the spot. If Ike didn't have any kind of emotional outbursts, then Ike's support with Elincia makes sense, but he does have outbursts and has empathetic moments with her. They can't just NOT have emotional attachments. 

I am more on the poor writing part, but there is no evidence saying that it ISN'T canon, because regardless of the case, it exists in the paralogues and is mentioned. It's not even DLC, but actually in the game. The case of it being non-canon is ridiculously smaller. Priam still existing means that he is canon, no matter how much you try to deny it. That'd be like saying that all the any Morgans born from Aversa, Emmeryn, Wallhart, Gangrel, or Yen'fey are non-canon. So you're saying Morgan is now non-canon. But that can't be. 

Yeah, and Elincia was new to her duties as a princess too. She wasn't raised like a typical princess and didn't have to worry about politics and stuff, because it was assumed that she wouldn't ever need to take the throne. So she can't just not have emotional attachments either.

And yeah, exactly. Though I kind of like to say the other Spotpass paralogues aren't canon because they just make no damn sense in terms of the regular story to me. Priam doesn't affect the story at all since he doesn't appear in it. But the others just kind of fuck with events that already happened. But they probably are meant to be canon. Optional for the player, but canon.

21 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

I have a greater preference for females, and what sticks out to me about Awakening is how interesting the route to getting (and optimising) a full party of pegasi will use a lot of planning. Fates... it just feels a bit too trivial to be exciting.

Well, on the other hand, since you have more units that can (potentially) become pegasi, that just means more things to plan for and optimize, since this time you can Marriage Seal to have people without the Peg class gain it by marrying the right person etc.

15 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and Elincia was new to her duties as a princess too. She wasn't raised like a typical princess and didn't have to worry about politics and stuff, because it was assumed that she wouldn't ever need to take the throne. So she can't just not have emotional attachments either.

And yeah, exactly. Though I kind of like to say the other Spotpass paralogues aren't canon because they just make no damn sense in terms of the regular story to me. Priam doesn't affect the story at all since he doesn't appear in it. But the others just kind of fuck with events that already happened. But they probably are meant to be canon. Optional for the player, but canon.

You can definitely see that while Elincia was strong that she endured a lot, she did feel a great gratitude towards Ike and the others and Ike was the one that helped her out the most. It seems unlikely for them not to have forged a powerful connection. 

Some are rather tragic, like with Emmeryn. Just because she's alive doesn't mean that its a good thing. She never regains her memories and the only way she does is that she dies in classic. Like some sick joke, Emmeryn only returns to herself only upon a true death. But otherwise she forever remains some shell of her former self.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

You can definitely see that while Elincia was strong that she endured a lot, she did feel a great gratitude towards Ike and the others and Ike was the one that helped her out the most. It seems unlikely for them not to have forged a powerful connection. 

Some are rather tragic, like with Emmeryn. Just because she's alive doesn't mean that its a good thing. She never regains her memories and the only way she does is that she dies in classic. Like some sick joke, Emmeryn only returns to herself only upon a true death. But otherwise she forever remains some shell of her former self.

Yeah, exactly.

But Emmeryn's survival, as well as Gangrel's and Aversa's and all, make their "death" scenes much less meaningful, imo. But I won't complain much about Gangrel since his supports and DLC conversation with Emmeryn actually make him a pretty decent character. So logically, these paralogues could've been done well, they just generally weren't, imo.