Grand Hero Battle: Berkut!

Vaximillian

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the Camuses thing, could we consider Part 3 Micaiah one? She does fight for a cause she doesn't exactly believe in, and like the original Camus, serves a weakling of a king. In her case, she's fairly devoted to her pathetic liege. 

Now that you mention it, I think she meets most of the criteria (fighting for the wrong side because she feels obligated to fight for her country, even if she doesn't agree with it's cause). If she's a green unit and not on the same arena rotation as Linus I'll put her on a Camus team as well (I wanted her anyway).

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Their Atk stats are comparable already, but Ryoma has a huge Spd lead that compensates for his bulk. They're both pretty good though.

For some reason I though the speed lead was a bit less huge. They're still as close as I hope we'll get though.

4 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Wait are they in a banner together? 

I'm not complaining, since I don't have EITHER of them. 

Pretty sure they're not.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleased to see Berkut so soon. I kind of figured we'd get Fernand first, but maybe he'll be in a banner like Reinhardt or Eldigan.

I could see them putting him in one of his forest maps from Echoes rather than the tempest trial room. The tempest room doesn't have nearly annoying enough enemy placement or tiles for a ghb, clearly.

It'd be funny if they gave him the Emperor Lance, despite, you know, how the story went in echoes....

Honestly, I kind of wonder about how they worded the announcement.

Like, they mention that upcoming events will be unveiled next week, but they didn't specifically say Berkut was next week.

Really curious if we'll be getting him in the next couple days or if we really have to wait until next week for him.

3 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Like, they mention that upcoming events will be unveiled next week, but they didn't specifically say Berkut was next week.

Really curious if we'll be getting him in the next couple days or if we really have to wait until next week for him.

It sounds like we will get Berkut next week and there will be information regarding future updates at the same time.  It will definitely be at least next week.

Edited by Lushen

4 minutes ago, Lushen said:

It sounds like we will get Berkut next week and there will be information regarding future updates at the same time.  It will definitely be at least next week.

Well, that's a bummer. Guess that'll likely mean we're just going to get another boring GHB re-run after the BHB. 

16 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

"Hey, lookie what's coming up next week! We got Berkut from Echoes as a Grand Hero Battle! Ooh, what kind of skills do you think he might have? Anyways, I'ma go find a map for him! ♪"

The wording implies that it is, in fact, Berkut's Grand Hero Battle that will be next week.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the Camuses thing, could we consider Part 3 Micaiah one? She does fight for a cause she doesn't exactly believe in, and like the original Camus, serves a weakling of a king. In her case, she's fairly devoted to her pathetic liege. 

I think she is similar but not quite the same. While Micaiah is loyal to her country, it's clear that she is against the war and when the Blood Pact is revealed, she's not fighting for loyalty, she is forced to fight.

Cool, I like Berkut. His Heroes art is a little odd in the face though, it's too soft and doesn't look much like him.

Hopefully the announcements coming up give us some info on upcoming GHBs and banners...

I was kinda hoping for Rudolf to come first since, you know, main villain, but I don't really mind Berkut so I can still get excited for another GHB.

I guess the next question is how hard this map will be? Legion was a gigantic spike, and Clarisse was relatively easy.

11 hours ago, Book Bro said:

Cool, I like Berkut. His Heroes art is a little odd in the face though, it's too soft and doesn't look much like him.

Hopefully the announcements coming up give us some info on upcoming GHBs and banners...

I still like his art, but that's what you think

4 hours ago, Gustavos said:

~25000 feathers is the most I've held at any one time. So I hope he's coming tomorrow.

He's not coming tomorrow but should be next week. We're getting the new banners + prologues and more tomorrow. 

A bit a datemined info on Berkut:

Spoiler

He apparently doesn't even have the Kriemhild at all. Instead, he just has "Berkut's Lance" which grants +4 RES when he is attacked. Also, here's his (presumably neutral) max stats: 40/35/27/30/23. 

Edited by Tybrosion

Well....that's a bummer. Another unimaginative name. First Legion's Axe, Clarisse's Bow, and now this? Boring.

Wonder if maybe the reason why he doesn't have "that" weapon is because he got it as a result of what he did in the last chapter.

Edit: Good news, he's still got Ian Sinclair as his VA so I can look forward to more beautiful voice acting.

Edited by Sentinel07

Okay....I'm never going to a reddit thread ever again.

Berkut seems to have very good stats and have a niche of his own, yet everyone is being complete brats about him not having Distant Counter as if that's a freaking requirement now!!! 

It's almost making me dislike Camus for how fervent people are on him.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

So, what the hell is up with lance users and

Reveal hidden contents

having 35 base Atk?

To be fair

Spoiler

Berkut is the first lance cavalier to have 35 ATK which (assuming Clive's ATK isn't higher) gives him the highest ATK out of all the lance cavaliers in the game at this point.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

To be fair

Hide contents

Berkut is the first lance cavalier to have 35 ATK which (assuming Clive's ATK isn't higher) gives him the highest ATK out of all the lance cavaliers in the game at this point.

Spoiler

Now we just need Valbar to have 35 Atk and we'll have at least one lance of every movement type with 35 Atk.

Spoiler

Berkut is a defensive unit.  

With his new skill, water boost, he is capable of achieving ~30/30 def/res on top of 40HP.  

He also has good attack, as mentioned above.  His speed is a bit low which is why he is probably best run in cavalry teams so he gets his speed buff'd to respectable levels.

He does not have DC in his weapon.  We already got two of those in GHBs, sorry.

I'm considering going with a QR build. He's not replacing Camus on my horse emblem team but I'm still going to 5* him. Not sure about his A skill. Special will likely be draconic aura or bonfire depending on his weapon's mt.

Water boost I'm still a little unsure about since earth boost wasn't very useful and this will probably be even less so.