Grand Hero Battle: Berkut!

Vaximillian

19 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

There are better options for Water Boost users (and even then, the best users of Water Boost may have better options).

There's Wrys, who gets 42 neutral HP on top of 36 neutral Res, which makes him good at baiting mages.

There's Florina, who gets 42 neutral HP and 34 neutral Res. Unfortunately, she's outclassed as a lancer flier.

There's Sheena, who gets 45 neutral HP and 33 neutral Res. However, she prefers Distant Counter.

Fae gets 46 neutral HP and 30 neutral Res.

Hawkeye gets 45 neutral HP and 30 neutral Res.

I had in mind Jagen and Peri because they both have a rather easy access to Hone and Fortify Cavalry buffs. With an optimal set, buffed Jagen could reach 50 resistance on defense turns.

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Water Boost wouldn't be useful on them because both of them have low HP (Jagen has 37, Peri has 35). You'd probably want to run Distant Counter and Berkut's Lance to actually counterattack, though, but Jagen's 39 Res with Berkut's Lance is still lackluster when compared to how much Atk mages tend to actually have, meaning Sapphire Lance is still going to be more effective.

Then there's the fact that red mages are the least common color of mage you actually encounter in the Arena.

The problem is easily fixed with the HP+3 seal. With 40 HP, a vast majority of the relevant mages would have at least 3 less HP than Jagen. (Linde, Mae, Nino, Ursula, S!Lucina, Soren, Delthea, Sonya, Sanaki, Olwen, Katarina, and so on...) and even without water boost, Jagen can reach 44 resistance buffed, which is still insane magic bulk.

Oh, also, I never said those two in particular would be high/top tier units with this set or anything. They just do Berkut's job better (with his base kit, he seems to try to be a magic tank)

With the same idea in mind, Florina could also be a great option. She has access to +6 buffs, 42 base hp, and 34 base res.

Edited by Zanyuuken

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping Berkut gets his battle theme in here like how Alm's battle theme was the boss theme for his and Celica's bond map. That'd be pretty sweet.

plus im tired of hearing the same battle theme over and over for every dang map

Looking at the map, I've already thought of 2 ways I can start it out using my tome team

This one may be a little harder, but it shouldn't be too bad. Fire Sweep bow is gonna be annoying...

2 hours ago, NoirCore said:

I'm hoping Berkut gets his battle theme in here like how Alm's battle theme was the boss theme for his and Celica's bond map. That'd be pretty sweet.

plus im tired of hearing the same battle theme over and over for every dang map

Yeah, I think it really be a nice touch if, at least for Grand Hero Battles, they put in an appropriate boss theme for the character being fought. We could've had Softly with Grace for Ursula and Lloyd, Tearing Shadows for Legion and Clarisse, Clash of Two Virtues for Michalis and Camus, etc. Oh well, hopefully they will get the idea to do it sometime in the future.

15 hours ago, Anacybele said:

This. I'm tired of the same game being milked to hell the last couple months. We did get a bit of other games in between (one PoR banner and one New Mystery banner), not counting the seasonal heroes because we knew those were coming no matter what, but it's still been like 90% freaking Echoes lately. Can we have some more Magvel and Tellius next please?

Poor Jugdral, being ignored off in the corner. :P

Honestly, while I don't mind the amount of milking Echoes got given its new status (though, I think it now has enough characters that it's up there with Binding and Blazing's ranges), I do think Magvel and Jugdral in that order deserve more attention first before Tellius gets some more. Jugdral hasn't had new units since the 6-unit brother-sister banner (plus Thracia's only lord has yet to show up), while Tellius at least had the Greil Mercenaries a few banners after that, having a total of 5 characters so far.

Also, update on the music: Berkut's map has Alm's Act 4 (?) map music and the usual Heroes boss battle music.

WELP. :Y

I'm stuck on Infernal. Even with Hector I can't pull it off, he doesn't even kill Berkut on the counter like he can on Lunatic. And then there's the whole enemy force left alive to deal with all at once, which is really nasty.

6 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'm stuck on Infernal. Even with Hector I can't pull it off, he doesn't even kill Berkut on the counter like he can on Lunatic. And then there's the whole enemy force left alive to deal with all at once, which is really nasty.

Does your Hector have bonfire? My neutral attack hector with bonfire kills him on the counter. However he is +def.

Also a red sword with high res and triangle adept can basically solo the bottom as they can lure the red mage, green mage and axe cavalier.

Edited by predator_21476

Took a couple of tries, but I beat Berkut on Infernal with Sonya, Linde, Hector, and Ninian.  My trick was to basically have Wing of Mercy on Sonya and Ninian for sniping with Sonya and warp dancing with Ninian.  

On 11/7/2017 at 7:02 PM, MrSmokestack said:

Their Atk stats are comparable already, but Ryoma has a huge Spd lead that compensates for his bulk. They're both pretty good though.

I wish 35 Spd were "huge". >:X

2 minutes ago, predator_21476 said:

Does your Hector have bonfire? My neutral attack hector with bonfire kills him on the counter. However he is +def.

Yes, and he's +spd -HP. Berkut's left with like half HP. I even have to run QP seal on him if I want to kill Berkut the next turn, or else he can't kill then either.

Just now, Alkaid said:

Yes, and he's +spd -HP. Berkut's left with like half HP. I even have to run QP seal on him if I want to kill Berkut the next turn, or else he can't kill then either.

Try taking off the QP seal. If you can lure him and the archer he should be able to score the kill with bonfire on the next hit. Though You're gonna have to kill that archer right afterwards.

Just now, predator_21476 said:

Try taking off the QP seal. If you can lure him and the archer he should be able to score the kill with bonfire on the next hit. Though You're gonna have to kill that archer right afterwards.

I only put on the QP seal only since he can't kill him at all without it. (He fails to kill with the counter attack first turn, and second turn he'll leave Berkut with 7 HP after he attacks) Either way I can't one round the archer so I'm kinda screwed anyway.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

I only put on the QP seal only since he can't kill him at all without it. (He fails to kill with the counter attack first turn, and second turn he'll leave Berkut with 7 HP after he attacks) Either way I can't one round the archer so I'm kinda screwed anyway.

I just realized why it worked for me. I forgot Matilda had hone attack which is probably why i got the kill along with the + defence. I'm not sure then.

Just realized this GHB was indirectly trying to goad people into pulling on Alm's banner.

2 units with Anti Cavalry weapons get released > GHB with Cavalry team goes live.

Well played indeed.

5 minutes ago, predator_21476 said:

I just realized why it worked for me. I forgot Matilda had hone attack which is probably why i got the kill along with the + defence. I'm not sure then.

Well it's okay, I just figured out how to beat it with a unit switch. Complaining on the forums always works!

Switched Camilla's splot for B Cordelia and split them up with Hector and Ike on the bottom and Azura with Cordelia up to the top corner. It worked because the AI split in a new way due to this, so the Infernal extra blue lancer went down and suicided onto Hector, the red mage went around the back of the trees toward Hector and Ike, but everyone else moved up to Azura and Cordelia.

Cordelia with Azura's buff could kill the archer thankfully, but 1 hp would be left on Berkut, so I let Azura stand on the fort tile and take an attack from him while the trees and Azura kept Cordelia safe. Cordelia cleaned him up next turn after Azura had chipped him and then Azura danced her to kill the axe cav that ran up too. Ike took the red mage's attack at the bottom of the map like a champ (barely) and killed him back. Then I just danced around with the green mage until I could safely land a hit on him with Ike. (it would kill Cordelia if she tried to attack it)

I technically didn't need Hector thanks to how the AI moved. I think baiting the AI to split up a different way might be the best bet for people without Hector. Any decent melee green would have done the job this time.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Well it's okay, I just figured out how to beat it with a unit switch. Complaining on the forums always works!

Switched Camilla's splot for B Cordelia and split them up with Hector and Ike on the bottom and Azura with Cordelia up to the top corner. It worked because the AI split in a new way due to this, so the Infernal extra blue lancer went down and suicided onto Hector, the red mage went around the back of the trees toward Hector and Ike, but everyone else moved up to Azura and Cordelia.

Cordelia with Azura's buff could kill the archer thankfully, but 1 hp would be left on Berkut, so I let Azura stand on the fort tile and take an attack from him while the trees and Azura kept Cordelia safe. Cordelia cleaned him up next turn after Azura had chipped him and then Azura danced her to kill the axe cav that ran up too. Ike took the red mage's attack at the bottom of the map like a champ (barely) and killed him back. Then I just danced around with the green mage until I could safely land a hit on him with Ike. (it would kill Cordelia if she tried to attack it)

I technically didn't need Hector thanks to how the AI moved. I think baiting the AI to split up a different way might be the best bet for people without Hector. Any decent melee green would have done the job this time.

Yeah on the bottom I had Camilla and Roy lure the two mages and the axe and lance cavalier. While hector tanked Berkut and the archer. Killed Berkut on the next turn and Mathilda killed the archer.

It took some skill swapping, but I was able to beat Infernal and make Berkut cry uncle.

Team

Spoiler

5* Xander: Siegfried, Swap, Bonfire, Fury 3, R Tomebreaker 1, Hone Cavalry, Quickened Pulse
5* Leo (+Def, -Res): Brynhildr, Reposition, Luna, Fury 3, Quick Riposte 3, Goad Cavalry
5* Camus: Gradivus, Swap, Luna, Fury 3, Vantage 2, Goad Cavalry, Speed +1
4* Ursula: Blarwolf, Rising Thunder, Death Blow 2, Seal Spd 1, Fortify Cavalry

Turn by Turn

Spoiler

Starting Positions: Camus on the bottom right, Ursula on the bottom left, Leo in middle, Xander at the top

Turn 1: I move Camus to the defensive tile that puts him in range of Berkut, lance cav and bow cav. I move Leo down three spaces so Camus can get his Goad Cavalry. I move Ursula three spaces to the right, putting her next to Leo. I move Xander onto the defensive tile that he is closest to. Camus gets attacked by Berkut, lance cav and bow cav while the others advance.

Turn 2: I move Xander in and have him kill the red cav, who was on the space that is to the right of the one where Berkut starts. I move Ursula up and have her kill the bow cav, who was directly below where the red cav was. Camus finishes off Berkut. I have Leo reposition Ursula back down to get her out of range of the lance cav. Lance cav attacks Leo who survives while the axe cav and green mage move a bit closer.

From there, it was pretty much smooth sailing. I finished off the lance cav on the next turn, Xander took care of the axe cav and the mage got killed by a Xander and Leo tag team.