New banners announced: Alm's Army/Celica's Army

Korath88

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Mathilda was a goddess of death in my runs of SoV, there's no way I'm NOT getting her. Hopefully I'll pull a spare Reinhardt I can feed to her as well for Goad Cavalry :p

Most people seem to want to feed Mathilda to Reinhardt, and you want to feed Reinhardt to Mathilda. Apparently the two make quite a pair.

---

Is there any info on when these banners are being released? I don't see it in the videos.

Edited by Othin

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Most people seem to want to feed Mathilda to Reinhardt, and you want to feed Reinhardt to Mathilda. Apparently the two make quite a pair.

---

Is there any info on when these banners are being released? I don't see it in the videos.

Tomorrow. It's on the announcement in the game :) 

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hey, Mathilda's practically a man-eater with the kills she racked up on my game :p

That and Goad Cavalry is limited to just Reihardt and Camus...and I'm not sacrificing Camus.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

---

Tomorrow 

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Tomorrow 

TOMORROW!?

Arcanite will be very happy when they see all the fodder units I pull for them as I search for Delthea!

Arcanite said you like steak for your animal sacrifices, yes?

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:
  2. Saber is voiced by Koyasu, a.k.a. Dio Brando and like literally everyone. Holy shit.

you can now have a full team of him, with navarre, lon'qu, niles, and saber

i'm sure someone will do that, even if it is 3 swords

Really not liking what these banners are doing for the game's balance.

Releasing straight upgrades of Killer weapons instead of making Killer weapons better is just dumb.

And then there's Cancel Affinity.

Triangle Adept and gem weapons were really good skills in my opinion because they were double edged blades. You were stronger at an advantage, but your weakness got amplified. From the way it's worded, Cancel Affinity is just a 'screw you' to TA and gem weapons without any real repercussion. I don't consider not being able to use TA or a gem weapon an appropriate negative when the upside is allowing you to destroy your hardest counters. I would have been fine if it reversed the weapon triangle, but as it is right now, I really don't like what this skill brings to the game. 

Really looking forward to Quick Pulse Moonbow Reinhardts who destroy TA greens. Poor Reinhardt really needed the buff.

6 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Really not liking what these banners are doing for the game's balance.

Releasing straight upgrades of Killer weapons instead of making Killer weapons better is just dumb.

And then there's Cancel Affinity.

Triangle Adept and gem weapons were really good skills in my opinion because they were double edged blades. You were stronger at an advantage, but your weakness got amplified. From the way it's worded, Cancel Affinity is just a 'screw you' to TA and gem weapons without any real repercussion. I don't consider not being able to use TA or a gem weapon an appropriate negative when the upside is allowing you to destroy your hardest counters. I would have been fine if it reversed the weapon triangle, but as it is right now, I really don't like what this skill brings to the game. 

Really looking forward to Quick Pulse Moonbow Reinhardts who destroy TA greens. Poor Reinhardt really needed the buff.

Most skills are all upside, aside from using up a skill slot. Using a skill slot for a skill that does nothing unless your opponent has a TA effect seems fair to me, even if it's really powerful when they do.

Last night I spent my final 20 orbs on one last pull on the summer banner, which ended on a 5* I already had, and now, I read this. 

Oh well, between all the orbs I have yet to get, plus the ones we'll likely get with these banners' new chapters, I should have enough for a couple of full pulls. 

I really want Sonya and Delthea. I've been F2P for the past two months and I hope I don't want to get on the whale again. 

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Buffs or nerfs to current items come at the cost of free apology orbs to everyone.

Gacha veterans know that there is no balance to power creeps besides new power creeps.

Way I see it, as long as Nino kills everyone, I'm happy HEH

Let's see how well these cavalry effective weapons will do at shaking up the meta...

Imagine a full cavalry team with cavalry effective weapons? 

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

Sonya looks kind of dorky cute as a chibi... Must. Resist. Trying. To. Summon. You. Need. A. Red. Mage. Boy. (Go play Final Fantasy, you unlucky sap.)

Keep Fiore DeRosa away from this game! The last thing we need is him melting half the cast into a cauldron of cologne.

As for people expressing concerns about a red mage shortage, more Jugdral or Tellius would be best for fixing this. Tormod and Calill are in RD explicitly Fire Sages (wonder if they'd give the former anything to allude to his Celerity). Jugdral would be the absolute best shot though- Arvis is mega important to the plot and has Valfame, and Azelle could give a red rider. For Thracia, if they wanted to be creative with Saias, they could opt against making him a Staff or Light user and instead give him Valflame too. And Miranda, an Est and thus infinitely lovable by casual standards, starts with her Fire rank being by far her highest (and she too promotes to Mage Knight).

5 hours ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

But is it really power creep if it's something no one really uses anyway?

Exactly! I disagree with most people on power creep. Power creep usurps the meta, and Slayer weapons do not do that. Previously, choosing between Silver/Moonbow and Killer/3CD on Enemy Phase depends on the unit, and the difference between them is at most a few kills. Making Enemy Phase builds a little more viable definitely does not usurp the meta if Player Phase builds are still superior in general.

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

In Japanese, the weapons are named "Echoes Aura" and "Echoes Excalibur". As best as I can tell, they're kind of supposed to have the same animation.

The most annoying thing about Cancel Affinity is it's basically a giant middle finger to defensive teams. You're no longer able to rely on Triangle Adept to tank specific threats, namely Triangle Adept greens to tank Reinhardt and Triangle Adept blue dragons to tank Falchion.

Which is dumb.

I can see every smart person with some money in their pocket putting Cancel Affinity on their defense team Reinhardt. Because, you know, Reinhardt needed to be stronger. Fuck this shit.

I would not call myself smart, but coprophilia sounds fun; it makes my Reinhardts that much more dire and shockingly disgusting.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hyper offense and OHKO Vantage shenanigans being the only viable strategies is not a healthy meta.

The meta has always drifted towards hyper offense, this is just continuing the trend. Hyper offense is also a lot less risky than "impenetrable" walls in most games in general. Vantage builds are okay, but I find them inferior to dedicated Player and Enemy Phase builds. Whether this is healthy or not, we will see soon enough.

4 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Wow, they really want to indirectly nerf Horse Emblem (overpowered for several reasons) and Triangle Adept (seems that the extra 20% damage bonus/penalty from playing according to the color triangle is deemed a little too strong)!

Ridersbane and Zanbato weapons.

Cancel Affinity (basically only affects units running Triangle Adept and gem weapons).

Ridersbane and Zanbato are almost irrelevant against Blade cavalry. Cancel Affinity buffs ponies in my opinion, making ponies even more over powered.

Just now, Othin said:

Most skills are all upside, aside from using up a skill slot. Using a skill slot for a skill that does nothing unless your opponent has a TA effect seems fair to me, even if it's really powerful when they do.

This skill existing makes running TA a liability. Why would I waste the highly contested A slot on a skill that can be made into a straight downside? 

I think my main beef though is that this skill makes the strongest units even stronger. There's is no unit that can bait a QP Moonbow Reinhardt and survive with more than single digit HP. Blade tomes units like S!Camilla and Cecilia run utility B skills that can easily be replaced with this to ensure that would-be TA counters are destroyed.

Maybe it's just that I'm a big fan of TA and seeing it made a liability in one fell swoop is getting to me, but I think Cancel Affinity being added to the game will just make it less enjoyable in the long run since it completely kills the already weak defensive play style, and forces you into already superior hyper offense mold. I

Wait a second... Adept Breaker (Remember, I play JP) REVERSES the advantage for the opponent. So essentially 1.2x on advantage (since the bonus is cancelled or at least according to the wording) with gem weapons turns into 0.8x.

So are both sides going to have 0.8x?

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Wait a second... Adept Breaker (Remember, I play JP) REVERSES the advantage for the opponent. So essentially 1.2x on advantage (since the bonus is cancelled or at least according to the wording) with gem weapons turns into 0.8x.

So are both sides going to have 0.8x?

Or wait does it CANCEL the disadvantage only for you altogether for the one with the skill if the opponent has adept?

Aka you do 1x damage.

So the enemy who has adept is doing 0.6x?

Argh JP is a lot clearer with the Kanji but the English description confused the hell out of me.

Edited by shadowofchaos