Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Whoa, just coming in and...why are we treating supporters of Lyn and Ike as if they're responsible for the actions of others on their team? 

The guilt by association is getting real right now.

For my part, I never said that any Lyn fan here is at fault because of what some other Lyn fans did. I just took exception to Ike fans being called arrogant when there were Lyn fans who did something far worse than being petty assholes, that's all.

8 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I took extra care to add "noticeable" as a way to say that it's not all of them. It's the bad apples that are making the good ones look bad. You taking offense is understandable but it doesn't help.  

What do you mean it doesn't help? I'm happy Ike won this gauntlet but you're not going to see me gloat about it. That just isn't who I am. I just don't like being lumped in with those bad apples, that's all.

I have to agree that after this gauntlet one thing is clear to me: The Lyn fanbase is more obnoxious than either the Ike or Lucina fanbase, and is the most obnoxious fanbase in all of Fire Emblem. People need to get off of this Lyn high horse thinking that she is above and beyond better than any other character and throwing their salt for her losing towards other character fanbases. 

Edited by Dandee Leone

With this gauntlet I was happy I got a 5 star Hector (I think joining his team help) and a lot of feathers. It's cool that a male won one of these but the Fire Emblem fan base had to ruin being a Fire Emblem fan again. I wouldn't mind if these new mini-tempest trails replaced Voting Gauntlet if only because I'm so sick to death of the 'Thot meme' being placed on any female character.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

What do you mean it doesn't help? I'm happy Ike won this gauntlet but you're not going to see me gloat about it. That just isn't who I am. I just don't like being lumped in with those bad apples, that's all.

I meant your previous post where you sounded rather irritated. The good apples will keep being lumped with the bad ones because, unfortunately, the bad ones are the ones that leave the strongest and lasting impression. As a result, it irritates the good ones thus making most, if not all, of them look bad. It's a chain reaction of sorts. 

26 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Almost all of my favorite characters don't exist in this game. . .but that's okay, because it means that I can find new favorites in the current roster~!

Good luck with your Lyn pulls!  TT banner's your best bet IMO.

Good luck with your pulls as well, and may more of your favorites be added before you know it.

As for this gauntlet. Good riddance.

@Dandee Leone What sites are you going to? Because I don't hear anything about Lyn anymore. Everything is Lyn, Lucina and Camilla with some Ike and Tharja thrown in there. Seems like a bit of generalization. Most of the people who played FE7 are grown now.

Edited by Zeo

14 minutes ago, Zeo said:

That's the right way to be. There will be quite a bit more sunshine in my little corner of heroes once Lyn finally shows her face. 

This game is for you and your favorites, it would be considerably more enjoyable if my #1 favorite character would show up out of the 2 banner she's in.

Yeah, I've been a little disappointed with my lack of luck in pulling Lyn, too.  Fortunately, getting a free Alt-Lyn helped a bit!

3 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

I have to agree that after this gauntlet one thing is clear to me: The Lyn fanbase is more obnoxious than either the Ike or Lucina fanbase, and is the most obnoxious fanbase in all of Fire Emblem. People need to get off of this Lyn high horse thinking that she is above and beyond better than any other character and throwing their salt for her losing towards other character fanbases. 

For most of the fans, I think it was less about thinking that they're better than others and being upset at a loss than it was the manner of the loss.  Lyn was clearly the more supported character by far, yet Camilla won due to quirks in the system.  Thus, many Lyn fans felt less like they lost a legitimate duel, and more like they were cheated out of what seemed a clear win.

Suppose you're running a race, and another racer beats you by several seconds.  You may be disappointed, but you'll likely get over it and may even use the experience to motivate you to try harder next time.

Now imagine that you found out that the reason you lost was because the track was a giant treadmill, with your lane running in reverse and your opponent's lane running forward.  Odds are you wouldn't find it quite so easy to accept such an outcome.  That's how many Lyn fans felt.

Here's a good idea -- how about we just stop talking about it? Some people suck, and other people do not suck nearly as much. Either way, how about we not try to irritate people who haven't done anything and just let it be known that some people in every fanbase and every character's team sucks?

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Here's a good idea -- how about we just stop talking about it? Some people suck, and other people do not suck nearly as much. Either way, how about we not try to irritate people who haven't done anything and just let it be known that some people in every fanbase and every character's team sucks?

I'd be perfectly fine with this. This gauntlet has caused enough tension and conflict as is.

7 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I meant your previous post where you sounded rather irritated. The good apples will keep being lumped with the bad ones because, unfortunately, the bad ones are the ones that leave the strongest and lasting impression. As a result, it irritates the good ones thus making most, if not all, of them look bad. It's a chain reaction of sorts. 

That's why I try to stay positive.  And I could use the help of everyone here!

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Like Lyn fans are any better? They were the ones that caused a shitshow. As a big Ike fan, I was feeling bad because this behavior basically said it was wrong for me to enjoy the gauntlet the way I did.

I want to celebrate Ike's victory, but I find myself unable to despite my happiness that he won.

And all in all, every fanbase has bad apples. You can't say that if Lyn had won, some of her fans wouldn't have gotten more smug and arrogant.

I don't have time to quote back everyone who quoted me, so I'll quote the first one and just address everything.

1: You bet your ass Lyn fans aren't any better, but don't pretend other characters' fans haven't caused shitshows. In no way am I equating anything else to doxxing, but Ike fans Lucina fans and whoever else's fans have caused their fair share of shitshows. As I noted, my fear is that now ALL Lyn fans will be treated like shit because of what SOME did, and several posts in this very topic have already proven that fear correct.

2: You bet your ass (again) that some Lyn fans would be arrogant if she won, and I'd call them out too. If you know my posting patterns and general personality, then you know I call out EVERYONE, including myself after the fact.

3: I have every right and room to judge another character's fandom right now after the shit some of my brethren pulled, because I am a Fire Emblem fan and I will talk down to any moron for shit they pull. Doxxing Lyn fans? Disgusting. Arrogant Ike fans looking down on ALL Lyn fans (which I have ALREADY seen a lot of)? Disgusting.

Do you really want to be like "everyone else"? People that you say are being pretty shitty right now? There's no point in complaining about the shit if you're not going to be above it.

As I said, I call out everybody, including myself. I know how what I say sounds, and I know I should have been more specific when I said "Ike fans" the first time rather than making a general statement. Whoopsie-daisy on me.

But if calling out shit means I am also shitty, then there's nothing I can do about that as the way it sounds is subjective to the hearer.

39 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I don't have time to quote back everyone who quoted me, so I'll quote the first one and just address everything.

1: You bet your ass Lyn fans aren't any better, but don't pretend other characters' fans haven't caused shitshows. In no way am I equating anything else to doxxing, but Ike fans Lucina fans and whoever else's fans have caused their fair share of shitshows. As I noted, my fear is that now ALL Lyn fans will be treated like shit because of what SOME did, and several posts in this very topic have already proven that fear correct.

2: You bet your ass (again) that some Lyn fans would be arrogant if she won, and I'd call them out too. If you know my posting patterns and general personality, then you know I call out EVERYONE, including myself after the fact.

3: I have every right and room to judge another character's fandom right now after the shit some of my brethren pulled, because I am a Fire Emblem fan and I will talk down to any moron for shit they pull. Doxxing Lyn fans? Disgusting. Arrogant Ike fans looking down on ALL Lyn fans (which I have ALREADY seen a lot of)? Disgusting.

Dude. . .

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

When I say everyone, I mean EVERYONE.  There's no reason to be judgmental about other people over a video game.  So gimme a hand, 'cause I want the FE fanbase to be seen as the absolute best!

6 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

As I said, I call out everybody, including myself. I know how what I say sounds, and I know I should have been more specific when I said "Ike fans" the first time rather than making a general statement. Whoopsie-daisy on me.

But if calling out shit means I am also shitty, then there's nothing I can do about that as the way it sounds is subjective to the hearer.

And this sounds like an excuse to NOT change.  There's ways of doing it without adding to the general negative mood.

8 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

There are ways to call out shit without being shitty yourself. And naturally, no one is perfect and sometimes they may come off negative without wanting to. But the post I responded to definitely sounded more hostile when needed, comes off with a judgmental air (especially with your last point), and the thread was already on its way to being inactive. I try to get involved only if I think I should, and I try to call out shit without being shitty.

Yeah while this affair is  just pot calling kettle. We have Shitty Lucina fans, shitty Ike fans, and of course Lyn has  as many as any of these as well. There is  literally no difference. So lets get to just stop act like bunch of hypocrites. 

Edited by Tenzen12

2 hours ago, DarkLordIvy said:

@Rafiel's Aria I got your Amelia a fair bit too, and she was indeed fun to use! 

Makes me happy that you got her! I got to use your Soren a little bit but not quite as much. I usually got paired with a Brave Lucina but never stopped to check and see whose it was. 

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, this. I was on team Lyn and I definitely didn’t deanonymise or flame anybody. And the majority didn’t.

And then I was on team Camilla and guess what, didn’t deanonymise or flame anybody. And the majority didn’t.

Team Lyn and team Ike are not some singular entities that always behave the same, hey, what the hell is that.

True, one shouldn't lump a large group with the actions of a single person - whoever did this acted on their own twisted sense of justification.

In the end, what remains important is that nobody ever excuses the behaviour or turns a blind eye when it arises .
To be clear, I haven't seen anyone do this in this case - I'm speaking of the issue in more general terms.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

38 minutes ago, eclipse said:

So gimme a hand, 'cause I want the FE fanbase to be seen as the absolute best!

Would posting some art help? ;)
(I made something to celebrate having fun borrowing units from fellow members on Team Camilla)

Can't we all just, idk...hold hands and get along? Now that it's over, we all need to step back and realise that it's just a mobile game. Insulting each other over pixels isn't going to change the results...

Again, well done to Team Ike.

1 hour ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Would posting some art help? ;)

(I made something to celebrate having fun borrowing units from fellow members on Team Camilla)

Sure~!  If you have an art topic in Creative, then go for it~!  If not, then you have an excuse to make one!

Congrats to Team Ike ! Male Winner and Pre-3DS Winner too ! I'm always salt about Lyn, but at least, and that's because I don't like at all Camilla as a character, I'm glad she didn't won.

Ranked 4870 in Ike's side and 26 564 in global. That's over 5000 feathers for this round for me.

6 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Mad that my ranks are so low for the final round, but that's what I get for not being Japanese.

Europeans like me can get the first hours of a round (begins at 9AM for me, I'm french) but not the lasts. Or we should play during night. To get the last hour, we must be up at 5 AM. I'm always stressful because of that, hoping that during my sleep, the character I support is still winning...